Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 21, 2018
Working at Mohawk is very stressful. You work more than 40 hours a day without good pay. You have to work at a very fast pace, and they only gave you 30 min lunches which was very bad.
Pros
They would sometimes give you free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, not good pay.
A fun place to work since everyone there had been employed for years and became family. Company did a lot for their employees.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 19, 2018
From wonderful bosses/managers awesome human resources and office staff members it was a pleasure to work for such care people. We all got along and worked well as a team. No one had to tell us what to do since it was known and done.
Pros
Free Lunches and Excellent Bosses/Managers.
Cons
Company Relocated to Orlando
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 19, 2018
Very clean place to work.People working together as a team.The supervisor very helpful friendly and make sure the job is done right. Great place to work
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Inbetween breaks are very short
Productive and wonderful working environment
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Lyerly, GAJuly 18, 2018
Everyone that I have worked with here at Mohawk have been pleasant to work with. Management has been good to me and I do not have any complaints about upper management either. Everyone has been great.
well structured internship program, many opportunities to explore
Sustainability Intern (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 17, 2018
Mohawk's internship program is well structured and filled with different opportunities to learn - 5 lunch & learns w/ business leaders, 2 facility tours, 2 social events, and a final intern showcase for interns to discuss their projects with leadership across the business. The intern coordinators are incredibly organized, professional, open to feedback, and interested in what students are working on.

My team specifically was constantly inviting me to shadow them during different opportunities, like performing a waste audit, leading a CEUs, and meeting with their international counterparts.

#MohawkCareers #MohawkInterns #MohawkDifferenceMakers
Pros
Highly positive and collaborative team dynamic and work environment
Cons
Flooring Center far from Atlanta and Chattanooga
Flexible work schedule and a lot of fun activities
Corporate Tax Intern (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 16, 2018
Even though you have a set schedule, they do not mind working around your schedule for things such as school. They have tons of events set up for interns to have fun while learning about the company.
Great place to work overall
Nester/Grader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, ARJuly 16, 2018
The hours are very very long, and your feet and back will hurt from standing for 10 hours, but its decent money. If you stick around, you'll get your benefits but it takes awhile. Its very safety oriented.
Pros
Career advancement and future benefits.
Cons
Long shifts and a lot of standing on one spot.
Customer Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 11, 2018
Mohawk is a productive place to work with a lot fun and celebration if we achieved our goals. The pay is not too shabby. The benefits are not bad. The right manager will allow flexible hours. I can recommend this company as a great place to work.
Pros
freedom to work on my own
Cons
timeclock
productive
Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, ALJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at mohawk is fast pace and an productive 12 hours a day. And it run seven days a week. the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people that don't want to work.
Pros
Non record incident they serve free lunches
Cons
free flu shots
extrusion
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCJuly 8, 2018
slavery got to be a yes man and feel like you can't do no better. threaten about your job everyday. supervisor lie on employees if they don't like the
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Positive and energized workplace. Great people to work for!
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my position was being able to work with all employees new and old, great administrative staff, and visitors. I loved my other switchboard operators!
A wonderful place to work
VICE PRESIDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 7, 2018
Mohawk Industries is a fortune 500 Manufacturer of floor covering products. As a public company they are driven to provide the best return possible to their share holders. Their corporate culture believes that pricing is controlled by the market and that controlling cost was of the utmost importance. With customers all over the world, we worked flexible hours to ensure that we could service all of our customers. The hardest part of the job was balancing financial results with sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment that treated everyone fairly and one where everyone was on a first name basis from the CEO on down.
Job was hard but had great machinery and great coworkers
Warehouse Associate I (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 7, 2018
With training I had, I worked safely and efficiently, and I met all the requirements and policies of the company. The hardest part of the job was having to carry heavy items.
Na
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAJuly 5, 2018
The normal day here is going in for 12 hours while the supervisor is standing where you need to go or telling you to do one thing and then coming over and telling you not to do that but to do something else
More than 6 years
Mobile Support Technician I (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 4, 2018
I find it hard to write negative reviews, so I'll focus on the positives: It's nearly impossible to get fired. Several people within my team have not been seen since I've been hired, the CIO included. Though it's mandatory that all employees work at the closest office, I find that is only enforced for a handful of people. It;s also nearly impossible to get training or tuition reimbursement, as this comes out of department budget. When the budget gets decreased year after year and headcount plummets, things get a bit difficult to get approved. I've been waiting several years for a bootcamp or online training, and I had to pay for it myself. No reimbursement plan, no talk of advancement.
Pros
Running water, indoor plumbing
Cons
you are owned by the business
Excellant training experience
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Mexico / Southern ColoradoJune 29, 2018
Mohawk provided excellant training and product knowledge seminars-webinars.
My district manager with Mohawk was an exceptionally talented
individual. He taught me so much about intuiting clients needs.
He also gave me a lot of freedom in my territory.
Pros
Manage own schedule
Cons
Double commission pay schedule. No base pay
Mohawk (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 29, 2018
I loved it, but it was really hard and strenuous work. I didn't like that they switched people around randomly.. I couldn't keep the job because of my gal bladder.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard hard work
ok com[pany
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2018
very cotporate driven. was a 60 hour work mweek. vacations frowned upon. Mohawk has little formal training, and works from a position of fear. You never really know when the "next" restructure is coming
Overall a nice place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 27, 2018
Mohawk was a great place to work but the people were often very gossipy and knew too much innappropriate information about their coworkers. The Mohawk facilities were also in the middle of nowhere but if you don't mind solitude then you will have no problem.
Lead person Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 20, 2018
It gave me the opportunity to grow and learn. i worked 8 hours, good pay, played different roles. They have 24 hour shift which was very convenient for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mohawk Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight