Mohawk Industries
59Below average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Mohawk Industries Employee Reviews

United States1,264 reviews
Found 1,264 reviews matching the search
great people to work with but poor management has ruined this company! there have been layoffs at the Eden Mohawk every year since 2017. just had another layoff in July 2020 which laid off 47 more good people! current management at this Plant uses the "good ole boy system"! if U know someone in management then they will place U in a management role just because they know each other!
Pros
great people to work with!
Cons
management and too may layoffs
Good place to work you get time off if needed with out much questions they take account that you have a life outside of your work place an overall good place to work
The money is very good, benefits are decent as well. The management is lacking in aspects regarding workers health and safety at times. We’re always short handed. Upper management is hit or miss on decision making and including their subordinates. When I was first hired on at Mohawk, I felt like someone that mattered. The longer I’m there the more I feel like I’m just another number.
Pros
Good pay, fed on holidays, double time for work holidays
Cons
Short breaks, poor upper management, Understaffed.
Overall- good for someone new to sales that needs a lot of babysitting. High turn over is a result of poor management. No sense of team or teamwork- Manager pits sales team against each other. Generally not a great work environment.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Dm
Great place to work. Has all the normal problems of any other large corporation. Decent equipment that will be repaired upon the drivers request. Never forced to do anything that is unsafe.
Pros
Pay, equipment, responsive management
Cons
Nothing that can't be dealt with
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great job overall best company I’ve worked for so far in my career good pay okay benefits just sucks the company is going down corporately and losing money causing layoffs and sometime your job isn’t secure
It was a place to work like everywhere else. It had management telling what to do. It had breaks throught out the shift. Had to clock in and out when time for work.
It’s a fun place to work you are constantly moving around. It’s fast pace environment you have a certain amount of orders you have to do during the day. It’s hard work
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Some supervisors are rude, short breaks
Mohawk bought CFP flooring division and ran it into the ground. We were a mom and pop operation where every employee would stop and pick up a piece of paper off the mill floor and we became a large corporation with no soul. What really did us in besides switching plant manager like underwear was caving in and changing our glue formula. We had real glue holding the strips together then we switched to California hippie glue that would not hold anything together even after the eh,eh,eh three day set up time. Politics ruins business and that’s what happened and it’s hurt a whole community.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Terrible management and we were the Red headed step child of Mohawk.
good place to work good pay and give you the opportunity to grow or move to a different position also there is an excellent communication with managers and human resources
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Mohawk warehouse work is one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever had, both physically, and in relation to the actual climate within the building. You work in an extremely loud area, with temperatures that hover in the area of 90 degrees, and are hotter between machines. There is a constant need to work with very very little break time. The twelve hour shift rotation was nice, but difficult to adjust to. Mgmt was very work-driven and stayed on top of keeping you productive l. They are very strict with rule enforcement, and don’t take kindly to sneaky people that try to push their work off on others. The hardest thing to deal with is the lack of ability to take sick days. They will not grant them. Period. So don’t ask. Also, you don’t even get PTO days, until you’ve worked for the company for 365 days; at which point you earn five paid days off.

All in all, the insurance was nice. The people that work there were good for the most part. But the work itself is... grueling, to say the least.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Long shifts, very physically demanding, extreme climate
Can’t trust management. Will tell you one thing and do another. Didn’t treat people equally. Had there favorites. Won’t recommend working there unless you just have to have a job.
Awesome job. Had to be very accurate, and quality is a must. Great housekeeping skills a must for safety. Hard, skilled position. Accuracy is a must.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Keep laying off
I was here for 8 years and there was no room for advancement. The HR lady does not belong in that position, no confidentiality. My managers were the only reason I stayed around so long.
Pros
My Managers
Cons
Not flexible at all
No support from management. No commitment to the independent retailor. Their focus is primarily on big box stores. When I tried to discuss difficulties working with immediate supervisor it was ignored and it became so unbearable that I resigned - quit my employment with the company - they then terminated this supervisor a couple months later. HUGE management issues and changes constantly,
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Job security - Managment
Very Easy and simple place to work. Not a very forward moving company. Barely any chance of advancement and doesn’t seem to really care about their workers
Overall it’s great needs better opportunities to advance. And also more workers for help when they need it. Also needs to do better about switching the schedule for people who have kids.
I enjoyed my job working there, they made reasonable accommodations did monthly safety celebrations and even had a bingo board. But when we started to lose people because of bad planning and poor maintenance on machines. Pressure would be put on employees to work more than one position to maintain production. This would lower the safety and morale of me and my coworkers
Pros
Benefits, paid weekly, workshare provider
Cons
Bad management, slow maintenance, poor communication
They offered plenty of overtime competitive pay rates and they worked with their employees on personal things well had paid holidays around holidays lots of time off
Pros
Holiday dinners
Cons
Short breaks
I loved it there and they really do know how to treat their employees. I pointed but spoke with the plant supervisor and told them my situation and they told me that I could later reapply.
Great compensation package as a supervisor however the expectations are vague at best. They tell you to treat the employees right but expect you to run them in the ground by violating labor laws and working them till they quit. I was actually reprimanded for giving a group of employees a 30 minute break when 2 of the 5 crew members fell out because of heat strokes. Slave/master mentality!
Pros
Pay and compensation
Cons
Poor upper management leadership
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mohawk Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight