Mohegan Sun Employee Reviews

Mohegan Work
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 13, 2019
a typical day consist of many people not wanting to do the actual work that they were hired to do
I learned that I am not a huge fan of customer service but will be able to do it if it is applicable
management is good but can be cliquey at times
work place culture is frustrating working with so many young people who complain and don't actually want to work
hardest part is the customer service at such an intense level and loosing my weekend nights
most enjoyable is the friends
Pros
Paid Meals
Cons
Working with children
Overall good
Concessions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 13, 2019
Overall its a fun, energetic, fast paced part time job. If you are looking for a job where you can meet interesting people and have an easy day at work this is the job for you.
all in all good place to work
Carpenter/Duel rate supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 12, 2019
Good work enviroment, safety was always first,always enough material for assignments. Shop lead was fair and understanding,of projects that were not completed in the time frame omitted . Tools always good order if not replaced.
Pros
uniforms, cold weather gear, climate controlled
Cons
people disapearing from jobs, too many smoke breaks, waiting for other trades to complete work for us to start
Fun easy job with good pay for the amount of work
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Montville, CTApril 17, 2019
Just be friendly to customers and do your job to the best of your abilities, as a table games dealer you will get a break every hour or every 40 mins which is great.
As a mohegan sun employee you get $8 dollars per work day to use at the grill. The job it's very flexible if you are part time they give you 3-4 day per week which you can move around by giving it away or switching with another dealer you also get your schedule two weeks in advance so you can plan ahead.
Terrible
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Plains, PAApril 16, 2019
Hateful take games management. Uneducated management. Classless too. Management lies about rules and applies them in unfair manner all the time. Rules don't apply to everyone. Can't look you in the eye.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay, terrible for society, awful people to work for
Not worth it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTApril 12, 2019
If you're happy with them great but don't expect a full-time position cause you'll just get laid off. Good luck to all the people that want to work there and continue to work there.
VIP Lounges
VIP Lounge Representative (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTApril 8, 2019
Typical day; 4am shift start, obviously always staying awake during the whole duration; swiping guests in for food and relaxation time. Patron would ask for a Exec Host, I would contact one as soon as possible. Some days ended at 2/4pm, depending on circumstances. Giveaway or concert days were not always good. I learned that I was great with memory skills, and a people person.
Pros
free food, huge breakroom, friendly coworkers
Cons
free food was not always best choices
great place to work depending on your job or manager
Audio / Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTApril 8, 2019
My first two years were great. Got a "promotion" and it was three years fighting to get paid properly due to a less attentive manager. Several other issues but nothing is worse than not being paid for hours you worked.
Pros
free lunch, fun environment
Awesome place to work couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 31, 2019
Awesome place to work. Everything about this job was great. From management to coworkers. Hours were good . Benefits where good as well as the pay . Plenary of oppertionatys to advance with in the company. I would recommend this place to any one who wants a good job.
Pros
Free lunches, concerts
Great work place
Event Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 29, 2019
Pat-downs can be overwhelming if you arent used to moving your body so much. Very fast paced sometimes. It is very important to correctly pat down everyone that walks through the doors. Customers can be difficult due to it being a casino, lots of alcohol. But, overall great starter job. I loved it.
Pros
Work with alot of great people. Supervisors are really nice
Cons
Schedule for event security stinks, sometimes not worth the pay
Hard fast paced job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 26, 2019
Being a guest room attendant is not easy. Its not for everyone. The culture is very diverse with people from many different countries. You make tips on top of getting paid. Management generally knows what they're doing. it does take a while to advance in this position. However In my experience its not a good job to have. Nobody gives strait forward answers and not everyone is nice. Things get mixed up from time to time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
dont get full break
Not a terrible place to work
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 20, 2019
A typical day at work is counting money and handling countless transactions. The culture is said to be supportive of all types of people, which I find to be true. The pay could be better because of the importance of the job.
Job performance
Steward (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at work. My responsibilities in this job are to do the following. I spend most of my time cleaning pots and putting them onto racks. I also clean dishes and send them through a dish machine.
Suck up or get out
Mohegan Sun (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 19, 2019
Very clique oriented. It all about who you know. Cross someone and they make up something to fire you over. Even if you have no previous write up about it. Really if you aren’t an Native you shouldn’t work here.
great place
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Montville, CTMarch 14, 2019
great place to work I loved working for Mohegan sun great environment paid lunch every day nice employees great management it was a fun place to be for a job
a job not a career
Banker (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMarch 1, 2019
over all okay to work at. They denied my maternity leave and said its sovereign nation. so that wast cool . This is def a job for people who are trying to go to school and need some cash on the side. they lay people off like crazy and there is no job security. seniority means absolutely nothing.
Pros
paid breaks. guaranteed to leave on time.
Cons
point system and cold hearts
Fun
Valet (Former Employee) –  Montville, CTFebruary 21, 2019
Lots of fun things to do during the break, but the system could use work. Management was fairly relaxed and easy going as long as you did your job. Pay could be better but tips were good
Free Food/ Game center
Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTFebruary 11, 2019
I loved my job at Mohegan Sun, I had so many opportunities working there, I learned so much. I had a very exciting career there leaving there was very hard on me.
An interesting job that will teach you a lot
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Plains, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Every day was very different but in the end it all just blends together. As a dealer, i dealt every day to the same people for the same amount of time.
Not entirely miserable
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 30, 2019
In the five+ years I have worked at Mohegan Sun Pocono, it wasn't entirely miserable. The downward spiral (at least in the food and beverage department) happened when the new Executive chef took over. There was a time when schedules were changed only after speaking to a team member, not so true now. And when you stick up for yourself, you get a target on your back.
For the most part I enjoyed working with the people there, management is the problem. They don't seem to care that the lack of personnel is problematic in that it exhausts what people they have, and don't appear to be willing to change that (i.e. hiring more people).
The work itself is not difficult, of course it is on an industrial scale, but if you've got the strength and grit to do it, the work is rewarding. My advice, make sure you are clear on your availability and don't let them "bully" you into working hours that risk your health (mental and physical) or interrupt your lifestyle.
Pros
free lunch, great benefit package
Cons
lack of concern from management