MOHELA
Here to help
Coronavirus update

MOHELA Employee Reviews

United States113 reviews
Management can be terrible. The company policy is to micromanage every minute of your day. Instead of better/proper training, they rush through it. This leaves workers unqualified and in danger of making errors and losing their jobs. High turnover rate means never enough staff and mandatory overtime almost every month.
you are lied to by trainers and management and if you are not the right class of human you are worthless to them and will be let you go(fired) example; 20 people in training class only the 4 Caucasian got fired the day before going on the floor
Pros
the lunch trucks
Cons
if you have to use the restroom might consider depends
Productive work environment
Micromanagement with no employee integrity

Poor management choices, need better training

workload can be stressful for lower pay grades
I began working in 2016 and was quickly promoted after 6mo. Worked as a “supervisor” for 4 years almost. Always had PTO/Paid Vacation and never used time without pay. Had to get FMLA due to a disability. Used all my FMLA Due to doctor orders and had to use 3.25 hours during COVID due to FMLA AND BEING SICK. Got canned two days later. Reasoning is due to using 3.25hrs of unpaid time off. I I honestly thought it was a joke, since I had been there for so long and had received Commendable and Outsanting on my two most recent yearly reviews. Also, seeing that the reason for my abscess was FMLA and doctor required. But nope, MOHELA did not care.

If you want to work for a company who is all about their employed and the company as a whole, this isn’t the place for you. But, if you do t care about that. About being micromanaged, not cared for from an employee aspect, then heck year. This job is great!
Pros
Decent Pay, large amount of PTO AND Vac Time off, and I had a job during COVID
Cons
No work/life balance, no compassion for employees, strict schedule and work life.
I enjoyed my time at mohela. It is a very good company that pays fairly. Great paid training amd benifits. Unfortunately i was laid off because of corona virus. But its no hard feelings gotta do what you go. I liked it there. Really good pay. I habe nothing negative to say honestly. Just wish i was still working there. The only company where i actually liked the CEO. The CEO was very personal.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
MOHELA is a fair and honest employer, management is always accessible and transparent. I definitely enjoyed my time there. Once you get through the federal clearance process.
I was only at Mohela for 6 months. In that time I had two sets of training for two different jobs. It was a high-pressure environment, very competitive.
I used to work here and the call center was terrible. Too much micromanagement, they treat you like a kid and they have no compassion. When you have a family emergency, they make you feel bad that you need to leave to take care of your elderly mom. People there are fake and the only good thing about Mohela is the pay. It doesn't matter because the anguish and stress that you acquired while working there is not worth the money. Stay away if you can!
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
I've never seen so much micromanaging. You can't even go to the bathroom when you need to. And if you do it enough, you'll get written up for it. Even if it's due to a health issue they're already aware of. And if you try to stand up for yourself, they'll fire you over that too. I've never worked for a company who cared so little about their employees. They force you to work beyond the agreement. On the job offer sheet, it is indicated you may be asked to work overtime. Which, normally wouldn't be a big deal. Until it's 30-minute lunches and have to come in early before/stay after 1-2 hours of your shift every day for 3+ months. Overtime is great, when they're actually willing to let you breathe and not forcing it on you. Otherwise, you'll get a write up for that too. Do not let your voice be heard here. This company only wants "yes men" even if it's not ethical.
Mohela on paper is a good company to work for. In actuality, the company practices racist tactics and have a clique formed between management and human resources that rally together to cover up the corruption there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Strict attendance policy and racist policies
There wasn't a work life balance. Overtime was often mandatory with little time for breaks and lunches. The management team had little to no contact with the workforce. Turnover was excessive thus causing the mandatory overtime. The time off policy was not functional if one was to even get a minor illness then your job was in jeopardy at all times. This has the ability to be a great place to work if under different management.
Initially MOHELA seems like a great place until you start working there.You only advance if you know the right people. If you're black good luck.Slave
Ok to work at, really just stay at your computer all day working until break time or lunch. don't really interact with others. management is ok, but got to stay busy at all times.
A lot of stuff to learn but once you know the job it’s easy. Competitive positions, a lot of opportunities to advance. Great people to work with. Bonuses available.
I was excited to start there and loved every minute of it for about 2 weeks, until I started getting these vibes that I wasn't a good fit for their culture. At first I thought that I needed to give it some time and just let it go but these vibes continued. I discussed these issues with my mentor and he didn't think that my concerns were unjustified. So, about 3 months in, I decided that it wasn't for me and I turned-in my resignation.
This place sucks. No bereavement leave when a member of your immediate family passes away. If you have a medical accomodation it puts a target on your back. The managers are twofaced, hypocritical and stab employees in the back. They do not care about their employees just their bottom line. If you take this job start looking for another one quick.
The overall environment is bad here. Upper management doesn't care about their employees beyond the micromanaging they do. Upper management will insist on professional attire while they wear whatever they choose. Quite simply, it's a sweatshop.
Overall I believe this is a good company to work for but there is much work to be done in regard to - Promotion opportunities and Diversity in management. Unfortunately the management team and salaried staff don't reflect the core employees which unfortunately has been the case for some time.

The starting pay for Contact Center employees is great and the company has a nice benefits package including a pension.

They are truly dedicated to improving the customer experience and are doing their best to put student loan borrowers in the best position to pay back their loans.
Pros
Hourly starting pay good; Benefits
Cons
Diversity in management; promotional opportunities
Changes were implemented without being thought out fully; only to change it back to the original policy. Management nit picked employees for inessential things; which continuously lead to a poor work culture and moral
If you are looking for a place to work that values you this is not the place. They want you to work more than they pay you for. Management doesn't talk to one another so Boone knows anything.
Mohela was w very interesting place to work at. The only feedback one received was negative. You were only allowed to break when authorized. If you got stuck on a phone call and had an appointment, you had to finish that call- even if it meant you were late to your appointment. The benefits were HORRIBLE.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOHELA. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2