Mold-Rite Plastics Employee Reviews

Just the right blend of challenge and fun
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 6, 2018
I look forward to going to work every day for so many reasons. I truly enjoy working with my departmental team and we love what we do - even when the task at hand is a challenging one. We are continually tasked with finding new and innovative ways to reach customers and potential customers, are trusted to do our jobs well and expected to produce results. Cross functional teams are encouraged to collaborate and while we may not always agree, we are respectful and know that we are all working toward the same goal of delighting our customers. I’ve been with the company for nearly seven years during which time I’ve been afforded many opportunities to grow professionally.
Pros
collaborative, innovative, customer-focused work environment
Cons
Lots of work to be done
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NY 12901April 13, 2018
Great place to be if you work hard every week. I did it for a year and half because I needed the money. I got factors skills from it anyway so it really don't matter what I think about it.
Cons
Not an ideal place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 30, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here unless you want to deal with drama all day every day. Some of the “leads” should not be leads. They play favorites and once you do something they don’t like they will make work miserable for you.
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Not enough pay
Terrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Treat their employees terrible. Claim to care but play favorites. Trainers aren’t properly trained. Employees are miserable. Company isn’t friendly environment.
You need to like fast paced, strict protocols.
Machine operator/backup lead/trainer (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 15, 2018
It is hard to advance out of a department as they control what you do and where you are if you are a strong asset. The weaker workers move on to advancements more than the most experienced or hard workers.
see below
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 5, 2018
They had a area so you could work out. they also had a great Christmas party. They had a great cafeteria where you could by food and snacks. They had a great safety process.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
bad new employees all young kids
Had place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 13, 2017
It's a hard place to work specially with 12 hour days people there do not work as a team if your the new guy they do not train you very well or for very long and set you off on your own to figure things out the place is over packed have bent racks all over the place and the management is horrible there they have a hard time keeping help
Pros
Learn how to operate forklifts
Cons
The equipment was wore out and always broke down and never had enough quipment for all the workers
Overwhelmingly frustrating
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 13, 2017
Very inviting atmosphere until you realize that the operators seem to have no other options. Leadership that oversee the production floor frequently pace around the floor critiquing employees performance but do not offer solutions to fix said issues. It is truly disheartening to work a 12 hr day operating sets of machines that middle management could not keep pace with, to then turn your head and see clusters of mechanics, color mixers, and individuals from other departments standing around. This facility will most likely continue to face extreme employee turnover until practices are put in place to maintain standard rules and procedures for all employees. Very clear double standard for operators .
Pros
Hr and career development leader
Cons
Stressful
Essentially a sweat shop. Stay away unless you want to work like a dog for barely livable wages.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 12, 2017
The turnover rate is staggering. The workload put on new hires is ridiculous. 12 hour work days and pay that is inadequate considering health insurance through moldrite costs about 1/4 of your weekly check . Once you become a " certified" machine operator you are expected to run 2 or 3 machines at once (lining department) which includes filling1-2 hoppers per machine while also restarting the machines every few minutes and taping up boxes of product after scanning them into the lackluster software program. Some cell coaches are good while others are nothing more than the managers pet going out of their way to brow beat you at any moment. No relief operators so you will be lucky to get half hour break for lunch in a 12 hour day. NO RELIEF OPERATORS!!! Very dehumanizing environment to say the least. The pay........smh. Should be $4 more an hour for the workload thrown upon operators.
Pros
Free water and popcorn sometimes
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, insane workload
Not a good choice
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 19, 2017
Many violations of OSHA and Labor Laws. 12 hour days, poor rate of pay, arrogant/poor management. Advancement if you're related to someone in management (Nepotism), favoritism, unfair treatment. Revolving door for employment.

Want to know more about Mold-Rite Plastics?

Ask a question
Positive place to work
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 15, 2017
Well run factory management was amazing good communication good training great support steady work every day great benefits for employees and family good retirement
Unfair Practices
Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 3, 2017
The company picks favorites mostly the older group that has been there from the beginning then treats new people awful. Would not recommend this job unless you want to be working a mass amount of overtime and running about 8 machines. When I first started it was only 4 but management (who has never stepped foot on the floor) has decided there is time for operators have time for 8 machines. If you wish to keep your body from being permantly damaged this is not the job for you.
Pros
You get okay breaks
Cons
Management/Over working/ toxic enviroment
No a good place to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 14, 2017
The HR manager does look out for the better interests of the employees but only for the company. They do not give raises on your performance only cost of living increases . They will not teach you things if you not know them. Plant is run poorly and is only looking for their best interests. Very disorganized shop area and very dirty nothing is put in its proper place. Production manager is completely clueless about how to properly run a production floor, their solution to everything is let me send them an emal. They do not pm any of the assembly machines at all unless they break down. Dont waste your time with this place.
Pros
They buy a lot of lunches for the employees
Cons
Way too much to list
Lead Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 25, 2017
12 hour days are long and tiring, but overall a good place to work. We do have a high turnover rate which I contribute to the long hours everyday. Pay is a little above average
Stir crazy
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 13, 2017
I hate it there, do unprofessional .they do not care about their employees, they work us like dogs. The superviser yeild at us, leads are unproffessional
Pros
Nothibg
Cons
Noithijbg
Garunteed Job, Terrible Management, Nothing but Drama
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 17, 2017
The work is very fast paced, I learned that you can not trust one person, and that most people are working for the drama and gossip. The management really does not care about your life or what goes on in it, they just want you to be at work regardless of any circumstances. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours and dealing with the daily BS.
Hard Working Team
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 17, 2017
From the management team right down to the support staff working out on the manufacturing floor are good people. The majority of the team are hard workers, who care about each other and success of the business.
I enjoyed this job.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed this job. I worked as quality assurance and they gave many opportunity's for advancement. But they went against their own policy's at any time that it would benefit them.
It's alright
Molding Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 8, 2017
I work as a machine operator in Molding. The first thing you need to know about is the training. Depending on who you get as a trainer, you'll either have an amazing experience or a terrible experience. For me, it was great.

After about a week or two of training you're set on your way alone. You get different sets of machines to work with everyday, normally a set of 4 machines.

My biggest issue is the lack out teamwork and help. Instead of one person per set, there should be two sharing the same set. Unfortunately, there isn't enough operators to do this.

Running a set isn't necessarily difficult, but it can be annoying. You'll find yourself falling behind on some of your machines, machines may stop making caps, boxes will spill over, etc.

Every three hours you're supposed to take a "shot" from your machines. Depending on how fast and observant you are, this can be easy.

Overall, this job is okay. Nothing amazing but nothing terrible. You may find yourself wanting to try something different in the plant. Luckily for you, there are plenty of positions to apply for.
Pros
A lot of benefits (Health, dental, vision, life, etc.), You basically work only half the month, big paychecks
Cons
Can be boring, stressful/frustrating at times
Very negative vibes
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 2, 2017
They don't treat everybody as equals based on having the same positions. When you go to the top boss with issues your ignored. They pretty much throw you to the wolves without the proper training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mold-Rite Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8