Mold-Rite Plastics Employee Reviews

hard work very long day
Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 12, 2018
very loud can't really communicate much busy at all times...always on your feet and is hot at all times.have to know your job or you will get very little help.tuff job but not anything i can't handle and very long days u comin in to work is dark outside and you leave work is dark.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
busy work
Fast paste and equal amount of time off
Rps1 job signoff man at mold-rite plastics (Former Employee) –  PlattNovember 12, 2018
I love it there I loved my job but then I don’t k ow what happens but just started getting harassed and taken advantage of and was treated unfairly but if that didn’t happen I loved what I did and the people I worked with
Pros
Time off
Cons
Favoritisms
I was able to grow and learn as a professional employee about an industry that I was not familiar with.
Inside Sales Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 29, 2018
This is a great place to work if you like to be in an office setting (cubicles) all of the time and are a good team player. You also need to be willing to accept change and look at it as a positive rather than negative.
Pros
My co-workers were amazing and willing to help anyone at any time.
Cons
2 weeks of time off, that included if you were sick or had a personal emergency. The 2 weeks were for vacation, sick, personal, pretty much everything. When it was gone, it was gone.
work here only if you have nothing else
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 23, 2018
its hard to work for a company that doesnt care about how their own product is being made and to be paid less than a so called worst company pays their qa's also HR is not for the workers they definitely more for the company so taking matters to them is counter productive child molesters work there in abundance like they recruit them its not a safe work environment either
Pros
its a job
Cons
too many to list
Easy to learn and move up
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 1, 2018
The jobs there are relatively easy to learn, the environment is fast paced and keeping up with production targets is a must. Overall, a good place to work at.
Pros
Several benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
productive
Operator, Color Mixer, and Lead Color Mixer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 22, 2018
fast paced but grab a number walking into the door. i prefer a more personable and recognized environment. you work very hard and never seem to be recognized for doing more than asked. this was my personal experience though i did receive promotions you are still just a number and easily replaceable regardless.
Fast Paced, Innovative Company with Growth Potential
Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 16, 2018
Mold-Rite is a growing company that is not stingy with reinvesting profits back into the business to sustain growth for the long term. The management is very transparent with the plans and objectives of our company. Fellow staff is friendly and collaborative, making work enjoyable day to day. Our company is very innovative and pushing the envelope on new products and technology to make our jobs easier, faster and more productive.
fast paced environment but pay does not meet cost of living
QA inspector (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 12, 2018
I liked my time at mold-rite just dealt a lot with back stabbing employees and management that ignored the issues. Employees dating on the same shift causing problems for other employees and again management ignored the issue.
Great workplace
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 31, 2018
We offer great wages, benefits after 30 days. Other benefits include paid vacation, attendance bonus, employee referral program, 401k. Lots of ways to get involved!
Just the right blend of challenge and fun
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 6, 2018
I look forward to going to work every day for so many reasons. I truly enjoy working with my departmental team and we love what we do - even when the task at hand is a challenging one. We are continually tasked with finding new and innovative ways to reach customers and potential customers, are trusted to do our jobs well and expected to produce results. Cross functional teams are encouraged to collaborate and while we may not always agree, we are respectful and know that we are all working toward the same goal of delighting our customers. I’ve been with the company for nearly seven years during which time I’ve been afforded many opportunities to grow professionally.
Pros
collaborative, innovative, customer-focused work environment
Cons
Lots of work to be done

Want to know more about Mold-Rite Plastics?

Ask a question
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NY 12901April 13, 2018
Great place to be if you work hard every week. I did it for a year and half because I needed the money. I got factors skills from it anyway so it really don't matter what I think about it.
Cons
Not an ideal place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 30, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here unless you want to deal with drama all day every day. Some of the “leads” should not be leads. They play favorites and once you do something they don’t like they will make work miserable for you.
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Not enough pay
Easy job with horrible management.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 8, 2018
They had unbelievable standards that even if people called out we had to meet specific standards.. meanwhile management and some mechanics did nothing but sit around and wait instead of helping achieve the standard required by the company
Terrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Treat their employees terrible. Claim to care but play favorites. Trainers aren’t properly trained. Employees are miserable. Company isn’t friendly environment.
You need to like fast paced, strict protocols.
Machine operator/backup lead/trainer (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 15, 2018
It is hard to advance out of a department as they control what you do and where you are if you are a strong asset. The weaker workers move on to advancements more than the most experienced or hard workers.
see below
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 5, 2018
They had a area so you could work out. they also had a great Christmas party. They had a great cafeteria where you could by food and snacks. They had a great safety process.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
bad new employees all young kids
Had place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 13, 2017
It's a hard place to work specially with 12 hour days people there do not work as a team if your the new guy they do not train you very well or for very long and set you off on your own to figure things out the place is over packed have bent racks all over the place and the management is horrible there they have a hard time keeping help
Pros
Learn how to operate forklifts
Cons
The equipment was wore out and always broke down and never had enough quipment for all the workers
Overwhelmingly frustrating
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 13, 2017
Very inviting atmosphere until you realize that the operators seem to have no other options. Leadership that oversee the production floor frequently pace around the floor critiquing employees performance but do not offer solutions to fix said issues. It is truly disheartening to work a 12 hr day operating sets of machines that middle management could not keep pace with, to then turn your head and see clusters of mechanics, color mixers, and individuals from other departments standing around. This facility will most likely continue to face extreme employee turnover until practices are put in place to maintain standard rules and procedures for all employees. Very clear double standard for operators .
Pros
Hr and career development leader
Cons
Stressful
Essentially a sweat shop. Stay away unless you want to work like a dog for barely livable wages.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 12, 2017
The turnover rate is staggering. The workload put on new hires is ridiculous. 12 hour work days and pay that is inadequate considering health insurance through moldrite costs about 1/4 of your weekly check . Once you become a " certified" machine operator you are expected to run 2 or 3 machines at once (lining department) which includes filling1-2 hoppers per machine while also restarting the machines every few minutes and taping up boxes of product after scanning them into the lackluster software program. Some cell coaches are good while others are nothing more than the managers pet going out of their way to brow beat you at any moment. No relief operators so you will be lucky to get half hour break for lunch in a 12 hour day. NO RELIEF OPERATORS!!! Very dehumanizing environment to say the least. The pay........smh. Should be $4 more an hour for the workload thrown upon operators.
Pros
Free water and popcorn sometimes
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, insane workload
Not a good choice
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 19, 2017
Many violations of OSHA and Labor Laws. 12 hour days, poor rate of pay, arrogant/poor management. Advancement if you're related to someone in management (Nepotism), favoritism, unfair treatment. Revolving door for employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mold-Rite Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

Mold-Rite Plastics Reviews by Location