Play YouTube video button
Mold-Rite Plastics

Mold-Rite Plastics Culture reviews

United States88 reviews
Generally hard working employees dedicated to meeting production goals. High turnover in a very competitive manufacturing environment. Competitive pay and good management team.
I honestly didn’t mind moldrite at all it was a great place to work competitive pay definitely room to grown and great benefits I think they should be more lenient with tine missed with the a doctors note other than that they are a good company
The assignment of work sets is determined by the cell coach. They are assigned randomly, but there are times when Operators are required for their experience and/or other skills required. When you arrive at your set, the previous Operator will debrief you on how the set is performing (which machines are working properly or malfunctioning & how best to cope with recurring problems). You will be required to take at least 4 samples for Quality Control and maintain the assigned machines (load lined boxes, operate the machine and computer when necessary and package and palatalize the finished product).
The hardest part of the job is learning time management in the operation of multiple machines - especially during a 3-4 way break scenario (On average, an Operator is assigned a set of 4 machines to operate. During a 3-4 way break, when an Operator goes on their break, 2 other Operators will assume control of 2 of the [breaked] Operator's machines, meaning that repeatedly during the 12 hour shift, an Operator will be required to operate 1-3 additional machines. At times, this can be overwhelming if the machines are malfunctioning (which is par for the course in any factory setting).\

However, the pay is good and the benefit package is one of the best I've seen.

To explain the work culture, let me share this true story.
Once after pay day, I had a $50 in my pocket. Sometime during my shift, the bill fell out of my pocket. I just assumed it was lost and I'd never see it again. I mentioned it to a few co-workers and my Supervisor. My Supervisor informed me that someone reported
 - more...
This was a good place to work at the time. I leaned a lot about injection molds while I was there. There was a friendly atmosphere, for the most part.
Excellent working hours. ( 4 shifts work each 3.5 days a week, other employees Mon to Friday)
Being innovative and customer oriented.

Excellent Growth opportunity if you perform,demonstrate your abilities and participate in proactive work.

Busy workplace.
Pros
Safety Culture, Safety incentives and lunches
Cons
restroom not renovated
MRP is an oppressive uncaring culture which fails to protect it's human assets even more than it's physical assets. Conducts business very unethically
Pros
Just like most companies, the majority of the people were fun and enjoyable to be around on a daily basis.
Cons
Fail to implement scientific principles, Fail to protect assets, Lack of continuous education, No realtime metrics for OEE analysis per hour, Lacks proper quality methods No gauge R&R in-process measument or statistical analysis, Poor/Lack of mold design, inconsistent material ratios shot to shot, Fail to understand basic scientific molding practices, Fail to deliver as promised, Fail to retain employees.
From the management team right down to the support staff working out on the manufacturing floor are good people. The majority of the team are hard workers, who care about each other and success of the business.
When i was working for this company everyone was very helpful. I had a great experience in this company very strong crew. Their was also very good benifits
Pros
Great benifits good people
Cons
Hr supervisors