Molex
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Molex Employee Reviews

United States430 reviews

kochmbmmachinefitnessmanufacturingcleanproductionproduct

What is the best part of working at the company?Forklift loading trucks..Scanning product and palletizing. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Too much work load at times What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Air conditioning in warehouse. Some drama at times.

The people here are very friendly, on top of that they really take the time to teach you and make sure you understand what you’re doing before assigning you projects.

Molex insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Its an Average corporate manufacturing environment

Companies this size all do benchmarking to compare themselves to other companies. Molex HR has done a fantastic job ensuring that the Molex compensation and culture are not significantly better or worse the locate employers. Its an average company.

Ok place to work

Molex is a good company to work for as long as you stay out of the Reliability lab!!! The managers and supervisors are horrible. They haven't done any reviews in 5 years so that means no raises and don't even think about a bonus. They have a few old timers from when the company cared about their employees but nobody stays there for long.

Bad Management

Management is the worst I've ever seen " Good Old Boy system" at work here. people in positions that have NO ideal what they are doing. they are very Childish and it's never their fault if the plan they come with fails. close minded and wont listen to the people who are actually doing the work.

Muy buenos abitos y el personal muy buenos

Muy divertido amábles colaboran con uno el ambiente está bien trabajando

Robust internship program

The company itself is good to work for but your experience will largely depend on your manager/team. Good opportunities to network with interns within the company from all over the country.

Has lost its sense of direction!!

While the middle and upper management here continuously preach about morals, ethics, and their “guiding principles”, though they rarely practice what they preach. Most if not all will exploit one’s knowledge for their ill-gotten gains or use you for their own advancements. But once they’ve gotten what they wanted from you, you’re looked upon as if you’re last months trash.

Minimal Support and compromised management structure

I was hired for an already failing program. Management was clueless of the issues until it was too late. Interdepartmental communication was terrible.

Official response from Molex

August 12, 2022
Hi, this is Cali from the Koch Employer Branding team; thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry to hear about your experience as we do value knowledge sharing and open communication within our teams and businesses. Please know we have read your concerns and will be sharing with the appropriate leadership teams as feedback. Thank you again.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people that you work with.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?management seems to have little idea what we actually do, they also dont seem to want to promote employees from within. They do not have a very good pay rate for the type of work you do.

Management makes this company into a joke

Management is the worst part about working for this company. If your not on the take and/or a "yes man or woman" you will not go very far and they obviously have a favorite list. Too much gossip and drama going around on the workfloor and there always a scandal going on while management turns a blind eye to it. Felt worse then high school. My advice? Keep your head down, make your money, TRUST NO ONE and then get out before they corrupt you.

Pros

Great pay only

Cons

Management on everything

Friendly coworkers, excellent on site fitness center but very stressful

Deep down, Molex is a great company. Employees are supportive and friendly. There is a lot of stress though. I can only speak for "customer service" though. Your basic every day tasks seem to grow all the time while you are being told to complete other things like e-learning where you watch videos and complete tests at the end. The job is very stressful 90% of the time. You work hard, take on new tasks, learn everything you can to improve your skills but you never seem to get compensated for it. No pay increases, no bonuses, just more work and stress.

Pros

Free coffee, great coworkers

Cons

STRESSFUL!! No pay increases no matter what you do!

Dull work

Real boring doing the same thing over and over. Wasnt a fan of management didnt really care what you had to say and wasnt open to any suggestions because someone was just waiting outside for the job.

Bad management & no fair pay

Managers can’t hire the right employees to do their job. Employees don’t listen. The pay doesn’t equal the work. Exhausted from only working 8 hours. 10 minute breaks don’t do anything for us either.

Pros

Can’t think of any at the top of my head

Cons

Everything about this job

Overworked, under paid and the company is filled with a demoralizing management team.

Company is globally located, meaning it is not unusual to have meetings, 3-4 times a week at 9:00- 11:00 pm.Management constantly informs their employees that they are failing, yet they do not offer any support to remove the roadblocks.There is a very strong resistance towards change. Initially tasked with developing opportunities to improve current processes; yet they will not implement any valid recommendations to remove the bottlenecks.This is clearly a reactive mindset, planning ahead is a new thing for this organization. Very frustrating ... they do not embrace honesty whatsoever. You are told one thing (several times) and when you ask about it days later, you are told that they never said it...... The management team often refers to following MBM principles; however, if you read the principles very closely, it condones micro- managing and placing extreme pressure on employees so that they can reach their "full potential". Clearly this is irrational thinking and it is no wonder why good people are leaving every day.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Too long of a list, but one thing stands out, the 'common' employee does not receive a bonus.

A nice professional place to work

Can't beat the office - currently updating. Beautiful campus with walking trails and a fitness center inside. Cafeteria on-site with different food every day.

Good global company

Pro:Good global company with lots of international travel opportunities. Many good employers at lisle facilityCon: Lots of early morning and later evening calls

Productive, fun place to work

Assemble components for varies devices. learned all aspects for cable assembly. Cooks out oftenlong hours if demands require.employees are greatmanagement is helpful

Pros

Pay

Cons

Good company with clear goals

A market leader and strong innovation. Great support network sure to their size. Ongoing training in their management system helps keep people on the same page

Pros

Management training

Productive fast paced environment. Nice break areas.

I started working there as a temp to hire for about a month and they played a role like they really wanted me there. They replaced me after the 3-4 week. It was a lot of information to retain, but it’s manageable. I didn’t like the trainer. She wanted to be the boss so bad and gossiped about everyone. I actually enjoyed working there for the short time I was there. It’s definitely a cultural difference. I say stay to yourself and learn everything you can & keep a positive attitude even though it can get overwhelming.

The managers and supervisors are very receptive and willing to assist you when need help solving a problem that is related tp production of the company's production practices.

Pros

Being able to perform your functions without interference.

Cons

short breaks and not enough vending machines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight