Molina Healthcare Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 17, 2019
While I was in Molina, I have gained experience professionally and culturally. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the satisfaction in the patients for my service.
Compliance
Compliance Analyst II (temp) (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Loved working at Molina. I was a temp employee and they treated me like an employee. Very nice people to work with so it was hard to leave when my contract was over.
It was never fair.
Customer Director (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 14, 2019
The management were very unfair with the workers. They made it hard for me to be relax. I worked there and for the time being I had 4 different bosses. People were leaving all the time because of ungrateful management. The pay very two weeks was no more than $850.00, I mean what is a human being in Miami is going to be able to do with that? Fight between management themself.
heavy workload stressfull enviroment
CurrentAppeal Specialist Health Care (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Heavy workload, Computer systems have not been updated to handel the workload. Heavy manual entry. Leadership expectations are not clear. Communication from leadership is poor.
job duties
Lead for Claims dept (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Molina healthcare does not pay extra for all the Job responsibilities that are expected they refuse to promote from within and there is a sense of i don't care towards the employees
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
lack of great management
It was once amazing!
Case Management Processor (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 8, 2019
MHC was a great place to be until Corporate took over. Corporate has been restructuring. Unfortunately, job security and employee morale has been on a long time low. Unless you're a RN, there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Corporate mess
Ever Changing company
Enrollment Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Molina is going through a change period. New leadership from the very top, and in between.

I love working with the staff, watching them grow and change and become future leaders of the company. That is my favorite part of being a supervisor.
Poductive place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 7, 2019
I usually start my day at 7:30am, collaboratively plan my ay, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. I check my emails and calendar to try to make plans such as organizing my work and meetings. That way I can increase my peace for doing work and be more productive for the day.
Pros
I will be busy all day
Cons
The job is unpredictable
Enjoyed Molina
MITA System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2019
My time at Molina Healthcare was enjoyable. Management helped to advance my career while there. Enjoyed the flexibility of working from home one day a week but also being in the office remainder of the week, this is part of the work/life balance.
Pros
Management, training
Cons
30+minute drive to office
Nice place to work, if you can get pass the dysfunction
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2019
The people were great to work with, those who came from larger corporations were inclined to have a more structured work environment. While it was somewhat unorganized and dysfunctional, most people with a history of structure was able to work through some of the barriers. It seemed like they weren't ready for the growth they experienced and maybe didn't have the right people in the right roles.
MEMBER SERVICES AND PROVIDER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 2, 2019
Molina healthcare was one of the great job I ever had. Everyone there were very friendly and family oriented. If I would go back to molina I would. I didn't know I was pregnant with my second child that I had to leave and I was lacking hours at work too.
Pros
Clean
Deceitful
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoyed my job, but the company rumors, lies, slick word play, and cliques made Molina an uncomfortable place to work. The structure is quite unorganized and the SOPs and guidelines either contradict themselves or are constantly changing up from dy to day. The pay is less than competitors offer. Molina, as a company, will lie to your face about important things like company relocation. They lied to us for a year and a half about relocating our facility.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Lies, deceitful
Great benefits. Too many chiefs
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 1, 2019
This is a great place to learn and grow. I was given opportunities here that I would not have gotten at my previous job. My main issue was with the facility and HR services. Takes months to get anything done. No one returns calls or emails.
I was part of the huge layoff in 2017. Maybe it’s gotten better with new leadership.
Professional work envirionment
CRP II- Care Review Processor II (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXDecember 26, 2018
My position at Molina Healthcare was as a Care Review Processor II and the work was a bit dull but fairly easy and the environment was professional. I enjoyed working there until I was laid off in September of 2017.
Pros
Good Work environment overall
Cons
the work could be tedious at times due to repitition
Rough place to work
Provider configuration (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 22, 2018
Management is the worst I’ve ever seen with favoritism, nepotism and total disrespect! With almost 30 years experience in healthcare it was my worst experience. Once the Molina ‘s left the culture totally changed..... management needs to be replaced
Benefits
Co Occurring Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2018
I appreciated how my stats had to be high each quarter. Care for up to 80 participants with a team of co-worker. I learn a lot about how to utilize my skills as a Professional.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Travel Pay
A productive and fun place to work
CLAIMS EXAMIER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 21, 2018
I processed 150-300 claims for south carolina providers.

I learned how to process claims a the reasons claims would not be paid such as provider billing info being incorrect.

The workplace was fun and they always had activities going on.

The was not really anything hard about the job.

I loved the job picnic and christmas parties.
Horribly toxic environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTDecember 17, 2018
Very cliquey. If you want to help people this is not the company to work for. Worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management has favorites and those are the people the fakest brown nosers. They are not sincere at all. Please don’t apply to work there you will regret it.
Unorganized, mismanaged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45246December 8, 2018
This company has supervisors and above that are not qualified. Promotions are on a "who you know" or "who you've made yourself known to" basis. No requirement of good people skills or experience. Molina is racist against whites as well. Beware, seems good on the surface.
Management will throw you under the bus to save themselves. No concern for member's welfare.
Pros
Most positions are remote
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work that provides work/home life balance
Prior Authorizations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2018
Wish there were more opportunities for training within my department. The work/life balance is fantastic and very family oriented. I couldn't ask for a better Director and Manager. I work solo and feel I can reach out to my team at any point but again, wish there was time for training set aside.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molina Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss