Molina Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive workplace.
Sr. Rep Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 18, 2018
Molina has been one of the best companies I’ve worked for. The knowledge i’ve gained over the years has helped my development of my professional career.
Pros
Excellent communication from top to bottom.
Cons
Opportunity to grow.
Enjoyable workplace
Enrollment Operations (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 16, 2018
-During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on staff and assessing work queues on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff in the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues.. I also attend a weekly meeting where I go over all open items (tickets) with IT dept. On Fridays, I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person.
- Work culture is positive, all employees help each other and the morale is great.
-Management has good communication
-The most enjoyable part of the job to me is helping and educating the staff on new processes.
Pros
1.Teaching and thinking about how to teach, so that I can help others reach understanding more easily than they otherwise would
Cons
Politics
Terrible
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2018
Management is terrible. There is no communication in teams in the office I worked in. The compensation and benefits are the best perks of the job.

Hr was also terrible no lead HR person in office

Just a good start off position honest.
Benefits
Cons
No communicate in manager at all.
Team oriented
CHART REVIEW SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2018
Working at Molina you realize that with a great team you can accomplish anything. No matter how busy someone is all you have to do is ask for help on anything and your teammate will be ready to assist. That kind of get it done attitude is something that you rarely see in today's corporate environment, but at molina they have managed to hold onto it and the job gets done quicker and efficiently because of it.
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 10, 2018
Extremely relaxed work environment with plenty of opportunities to progress in the company. Wonderful benefit option plans including dental vision health 401k and stocks. Management is always willing to work with your schedule. A hard part about the job is the determination to help someone in need but there are certain procedures that you must follow such as step therapy for medication that a member needs
Pros
Safe work schedule
Cons
Extremely repetitive
Relaxed, Productive
ASSOCIATE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 9, 2018
Overall the company is not bad to work for the entry level compensation is good however, there is not much room to advance and for this to be a health insurance company the benefits offered to the staff are horrible.
Complete Chaos
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 5, 2018
Extremely disorganized. After four months still couldn't get all the tools and equipment I needed for the job. Literally had no place for meetings or private conversations. Had to run around with a laptop which didn't work properly trying to get tasks done.

Boss, Provider Maintenance director spent the first two weeks bragging how she had been able to fire previous managers and wanted staff in my area fired ASAP. She threw anyone under the bus trying to make herself look like she was not the problem while serious responsibilities went uncompleted. Very rude, arrogant, disrespectful to everyone.. but usually behind their backs.

Couldn't get answers to questions and managers around didn't know what to do.

This was the worst position / company I have worked for.. Executive Leadership do not model the behaviors that they try to advertise as part of their brand. Avoid Avoid Avoid.
Pros
Was close to my house for shorter commute
Cons
lack of functioning basic equipment. Chaos among leaders and upper management.
Review
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2018
The corporate office is out of state. There was no growth and advancement opportunities in Detroit. The office was also disjointed in terms of positions, jobs, reporting, etc. There was a lot of tension and it was a stressful environment.
Clickish
Provider Relations Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Solving provider's claims issues
I learned that every day can be a different challenge
Management I learned something new everyday pertaining to the job
Work lace culture friendly and warm
Hardest part of job is learning the different personalities
Most enjoyable part of the job is when I know I help my provider and is satisfied with my training and services
I resided out of state, being persistent land me a interview with the company,
There are no sick days, your PTO is included with your vacation tine and sick time.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
Nepotism
Overall wouldn't recommend molina due to management and ans pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Very micro managed fast paced enviroment, training is very Vague. Salary is not enough for the job duties. Communication between departments is terrible.
Pros
Good to get call center and medical background experience
Cons
Hard to advance

Want to know more about Molina Healthcare?

Ask a question
Productive and satisfying
Care Coordinator 3 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 24, 2018
Enjoy working remotely after adequate training. Good supportive management and a "family" workplace culture. The hardest part is managing high needs member's needs vs. work requirements. Social interactions and corporate sponsored fun activities.
Pros
Remote available, support as needed
Cons
exempt status
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  N Attleboro, MASeptember 20, 2018
This company does not invest in developing their management team at all. The training sub-par, career paths are limited, and the company has been poorly managed at the top.
Dress down
Provider Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day various from dept to dept. There is ongoing training for new hires and monthly staff meetings for staff feedback and updates.

An Employee Appreciation Committee that brings surprises and fun to employees

Company picnics and there is a company baseball team as well.

Generally can get answers from management immediately; if not they will follow up.

Dress code is very relaxed; jeans and sneakers are allowed.
Molina
Manager of HealthCare Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed the years I worked at Molina. During my 10th year , i was reporting to a really bad manager. I left the manager not Molina. The culture was great and I really liked the people I worked with.
Pros
people
Cons
senior management
Molina was a great place to work
Behavior Health Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2018
Highly recommended it was a great place to work. Great supervision, atmosphere was friendly ahd;fiapdofj a adfoaep ajdofuweor q;ajdouapweor ajdifpweru
Challenging
Member Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 15, 2018
You never knew what the day would bring; but helping providers & members is very rewarding. If an employee has never made an error before and scores in 100% for quality the need to be given more than one chance
Pros
working in the business medical world
Cons
30 min. lunch only
Enjoyed working with Molina and wouldn't have left given a choice.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 14, 2018
Enjoyed working with Molina Healthcare and would not have left if company had been given state contract. Learned a lot, learned good time management skills and enjoyed working as a team.
Slow-paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 13, 2018
Call volume is very slow. Not enough on hand training when hitting production parking is pretty far especially for people that work in the mornings. But good management!
None productive
(HEDIS) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day consisted of calling over 200 plus providers, nurses, hospitals, and clinics regarding patient assessments. I've gained more knowledge from the Quality Department about HEDIS. The workplace culture was diverse. The hardest part of my job was not knowing what my job duties were on a consistent day-to-day basis.
Pros
Learned more about HEDIS
Cons
Disorganized
Productive workplace
Tech Lead/FileNet Architect (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 12, 2018
Molina has a Productive workplace, job provided me opportunity to learn and grow professionally and technically. Enjoyed working with my team every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molina Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight