Molina Healthcare Employee Reviews

Overhired
Care Review Clinician/Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2018
Molina hired hundreds of employees then did a huge lay off. They promised many remote positions but then stated it was an error. They would allow many to work remotely but then would often make them work at office. Would also force employees to different departments to work.
Pros
Pay
Awesome
Administrator Support/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2018
A very family oriented, place to work . Co-workers and managers are all great, never experienced any problems with any of them. Always room for growth and advancement within the company. Very involved in the community,in giving back which was a plus for me.
Molina
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2018
I only worked at Molina for a short amount of time. I did not stay as the offer that I accepted was very different than what I was required to work once I started
Good fellow workers
Grievance & Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work was a balance between answering phones, writing letters to members and physicians, as well as to QA staff. I learned many of the regulations which come with the healthcare system. The workplace culture was mostly Hispanic - but not ever a hint of prejudice or favoritism. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving issues for both health plan members as well as for the professional staff members.
Pros
Fellowship, and time for laughter
Cons
None that I can think of
Its a good place to work
Senior .Net SQL BI Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 22, 2018
I have been working here for last 5 years. Got a chance to learn lot of new technologies, dealing with users in different situations, managing teams, communicating and discussing requirements with users. Overall its a very friendly workplace with lot of opportunities at work.
Overall good experience
Case Manager I (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 18, 2018
Overall good experience, Learned a lot about case management and the HMO system. Loved being able to work remote. Learned something new every day. Would go back.
Good Place to Work
Associate Specialist, Corporate Credentialing (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 14, 2018
I have enjoyed working at this company. Advancement is difficult, you are told when you are doing well and when something needs to change. I would recommend this company for someone make their first entry into the medical insurance area.
It’s ok
Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
It was an ok work place didn’t really like it as much but it was ok the office shot down and let everyone go so I didn’t like it well also it had very very poor management
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fraudulent, Ineffectual, Unsophisticated
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 9, 2018
A poorly run company, filled with the undereducated and underskilled, that willfully exploits a broken healthcare system. Rife with nepotism, political gamesmanship, and blatant self-interest, the focus is rarely on the patient/customer, but instead, the bottom line and self-preservation reign supreme.
productive and fast paste
Member Health Accessor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 8, 2018
I learned a lot at Molina, I enjoyed my co workers and management I worked with. I love to help customers over the phone to help them out and providing customer service. Molina really takes care of their employees.
Pros
cafe and 24 hr gym
Cons
short breaks
Good people, treated with respect.
Associate Specialist, Compliance (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 7, 2018
Enjoyed working with employees and managers. Busy place to work. Technology not always functioning properly and delays in repairs were frustrating. Loved the fitness center. Cubicles small, 6x6, but appreciated stand-up-desk usage.
Pros
All staff celebrations, free lunches, health awareness, vaccination, blood donations services brought on-site.
Cons
Disliked using Kronos, punch in/out time system
Fast paced
Claim Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 7, 2018
Great place to work, sadly molina healthcare of new mexico is considering closing center .
Atmosphere fun, collegues always willing to help, and go out of there way .
Pros
Excellent location
Cons
Site considering closing
Una empresa excelente
Care Review Processor (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 6, 2018
Es una compañía excelente, con un buen ambiente laboral y de extraordinarios líderes. Ofrecen muy buenos beneficios al empleado
Cons
15 minutos
Always Expect Criticism...Never Expect Praise
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2018
Having been a manager in many of my job experiences, I would rate Molina at the bottom for managerial effectiveness. People need validation in order to strive to improve...continuous criticism breeds resentment and low morale.
Pros
Flexible Dress Code
Cons
Always a sense of dread...when is the hammer going to fall again!
Great stepping stone
UM Supervisor, Correspondence & Call Center Team (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 4, 2018
Great place to get your career started. Never ending changes on a daily basis. Learned alot throughout my time at Molina. Opportunity for growth within the company.
Comfortable work environment
LVN- CRCI (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2018
Company started out well with training, fast-paced environment. Have to be willing to deal with change continuously, company needed to make lots of changes which caused lots of layoffs. Company became more micro manageable
Benefits
Cons
Multiple changes and a unknowledgable management
family oriented
Member Service/Authorization/Hedis (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 1, 2018
In one day 220 plants were purchased and planted by over 60 Molina volunteers. Their efforts continued at the Earth Day celebration in which they handed out 500 reusable environmentally friendly water bottles to reduce plastic waste, 300 beach towels for kids to play at the new water gardens and 150 starter vegetable plants to promote healthy sustainable diets. Over 4,000 community members were in attendance for the celebration.
Great place to work.
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 29, 2018
Enjoyed my stay, it's a friendly environment with great people. Felt more like a family environment even with 12,000 employees. Would gladly work there again.
Pros
Good benifits and family enviroment.
Cons
Department was short staffed for to meny years.
Job security
Special Investigator for Fraud, Waste & Abuse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed the five years and opportunities I experienced. The unknown about the companies stability was unsettling.I would have preferred that all departments had adequate training.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Job security
Fast paced environment, sometimes fun
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2018
Work at Molina will be fast-paced, stressful, always changing. Some mandatory holidays. Well compensation, as well as great benefits. Some supervisors will go the extra mile for their agents but others lack professionalism as they involve their personal issues with some of the agents. Other than that Molina is a good place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molina Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Molina Healthcare.