Molly Maid
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Molly Maid Employee Reviews

United States797 reviews

Found 797 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,040 reviews

Confusing hours that you can't schedule around, Antagonistic management, Overfatigue.

Having no weekends is a very nice perk, but when you aren't aware of your hours until you show up for the day, it's hard to parse a comprehensible schedule for your life. You aren't guaranteed a fair paycheck (though you do get paid weekly), because it depends on how many places you clean, and what their rate is. You will be shuffled across teams with new partners and houses, never quite sure if you'll find a forever spot. It is uncertain whether or not you will ever be familiar with your duties week after week. Without having any knowledge of what you'll be doing, it's easy to be exhausted by adjusting to new tasks and environments every single day. Management is kind and accommodating on a personal level, yet aggressive and antagonistic when addressed as a team member. A lot of oddly threatening claims are made to keep your behavior in check, which is in honesty not a good rhetoric to teach your employees about your company. I am happy I've had the opportunity to work here, but I am happier to be going somewhere else.

August 8, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us. Feedback is really important so we can always be improving.

Deceiving people

They lie about the pay in not only the listing but throughout your training as well, resulting in 400 weekly for crazy hard work you DONT make tips let me repeat you DONT get tips👎 Everyone office wise is very fake nice & condescending unfortunately! Expects too much, doesn’t pay enough, lack of compassion for workers. 10/10 worse experience with a company

Pros

You get to go home

Cons

They waste alot of your time! Very disrespectful

Molly Maid insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

I never knew a job like this existed

I have said the above statement to everyone I know. The job, the environment, the co-workers and especially the management are incredible! I have never had a job in which I don't wake up dreading the day ahead, until this job! I can't even call it a job really, this is definitely a career and a home to me. I am so grateful that I have found a company to work for where the consideration of the employee's well being, safety and balance of home and work life matters to the employers. Anyone who works hard and wants employers who recognize and appreciate that hard work should certainly apply.

Pros

hours, environment, co-workers, management, weekends off, very little if any stress.

Cons

There are none

August 8, 2022
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad you enjoy working at Molly Maid.

Very fun

Overall, the pay is great. Dome days are straight, some are not. You will most definitely work for your money and no time will be wasted. I highly recommend and you don't have anything else to do.

August 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us! We are so glad you enjoy working at Molly Maid.

Terrible management, awful pay.

Just don’t. I’ve done it twice a different locations. Told myself I wouldn’t go back but hey a job is better then none, I was so disappointed. Owners and policy’s are just so so bad. Save your time

August 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us. We would be happy to hear more details so we can understand more on how to get better.

It's hard work and mentally draining

You will work for your money. There are no paid vacations or holidays at all. Some days the money is good. Others not so much. Having weekends off is nice.

July 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us, we always appreciate feedback!

Overworked

Molly maid would say you are to be available from 7:45-5. However, half the time you were lucky to make it back to the office by 5. You were on a schedule so tight that they timed how long it should take you to get to each house. If you needed a break or stopped to get something to eat you had to cut time the rest of your day. Sometimes a girl would come in late and would be offered to a team but half the time the office took your extra person away which meant your day was going to be longer than you were told. If you weren’t feeling good you were required to have a doctors note even if you didn’t go into the doctors office so you were forced to go to an urgent care and spend money just to have a doctors note. You would get a schedule and then get a call within your first or second house saying your schedule is changed. The office would just change it without asking you. The office would work the girls so hard into exhaustion.

July 25, 2022
Thank you for writing us about your experience. We like feedback so we can always be improving. Please call the office to discuss this more.

No pay overtime hours

You work 50+ hours a week and you don’t get any over time because you are paid by COMMISSIONS not hourly. You will be taking home 400-500 a week nothing like the proposed amount on here. No one made 600 checks. You won’t have time for family friends children or any other hobby’s. You get to work at 7:45am and you won’t be going home until after 5. Not enough pay for the hours worked

July 25, 2022
Thank you for writing in, please call the office so they can explain the way pay works!

Pay not good

Under paid..house we do r under bidded and we should get paid more for the work we do and have to put up with. Girls are ok to work with. Pay just needs to be more and benefits also n 401

July 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us, we do our best to listen to feedback and make improvements!

Ok place to work

Ok place to work. Pay was low and often worked later then I was told in the interview. Management would send me back out after I had already clocked out And was in my car about to go home.

July 11, 2022
Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We are always open for hearing feedback so we can improve.

worst place ever to work

worst place to work you don't get raises you barely get refills on your supplies and they're watered down and they don't work you work with broken down vacuums that never get replaced with new ones they just rig them up to work for a couple days there's no confidentiality between you and your boss. they say you make between $500 and 600 a week I would barely bring home 300 half of the time no paid sick days or vacation days

Pros

Cons

everything

July 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your time at work. We appreciate feedback to help us improve.

Horrible job, don’t do it

Horrible Hours, lied about how much you get paid, it’s really 13.50 at most, and they add houses last minute so you work extra late, not worth it!!!!!

Pros

money, that’s it. this job is so bad there is no upside

Cons

short breaks, little checks, long hours of working, no benifits, no bonuses, horrible job

July 11, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your experience. Feedback helps us improve and we appreciate it!

Love it here!

I am so glad that I applied and was hired in. Everyone I have came across that work with the company are amazing. I honestly love my job. Definitely recommend working for them!

June 27, 2022
That is such great news, we are so happy to hear it and that you shared this information with us!

Nice place to work and weeks off

I actually really love working here. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. Never work weekends and have holidays off. Very happy with my new job and glad I got the chance to work for this company.

June 27, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing your feelings, we are so glad you enjoy working at Molly Maid!

Both sides if their mouth

They would say one thing and do another. Pay was not clear week to week. Dirtiest jobs given to the newbies instead of sharing responsibility. Management did nothing to help.

June 20, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us. Molly Maid always welcomes feedback!

Great place to work. Great supervisors. Great Clients!

I was here approx. 2 years. It's a fast paced environment. Usually cleaned 3-4 homes a day with my teammate. For the most part the clients were extremely nice and appreciated the fact we were helping them out. Every once in awhile we'd get a jerk. The office handles them efficiently though.Company vehicle is supplied so no wear and tear on my personal car, which was extremely nice. Other companies make you drive your own vehicle from home to home.Normal work hours say 8-5 but are actually around 8-3 or 4pm.Pay is on commission once I was out of training. If you're efficient you can make decent money here. I liked the commission better than hourly pay.The owners are nice and want you to succeed.The only reason I left is because I decided to go back to school

Pros

Decent pay. No weekends

Cons

a few issues with female drama

June 6, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Feedback is so important to always make our team better!

Interesting and hard work

The manager crystal was the best manager I ever had , loved my partner ! Weekends off , holidays , etc . Must be a hard worker if you work here , don’t apply if not .

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Pay

June 6, 2022
Thank you, that is awesome to hear about Crystal. We always appreciate feedback!

Franchised so every experience is different

As Office Manager my day consisted of setting up routes, preparing the cleaners for the day, payroll, finances, scheduling etc...I kept busy.Management support was ZERO. Anytime a little glitch would happen in the office we would prepare for a terrible day as we were immediately blamed. When I gave my 2 week notice..MY STUFF WAS MOVED TO A SMALL COFFEE TABLE AND I WAS EXPECTED TO WORK WITHOUT A DESK AS A FORM OF PUNISHMENT

June 6, 2022
Wow, thank you so much for telling us about that. Feedback is really important so we can talk about improving processes and systems. Thanks again.

Great company overall, fun places to clean, but coworkers can be a bit much.

Coworkers tend to get a bit rude from time to time and have a habit of bringing their personal life to work. I was a Route Manager at this company for quite some time and I loved it. The clients were great and the compensation was as well.

June 6, 2022
Thank you for sharing this feedback. Molly Maid is all about a great work culture and office environment so it is important to know about it when that is not happening. Thanks again.

Loved working here. Was a good experience.

This job was a great experience to have. I learned a lot. There was drama because we were all women there. But, I loved the people I met even through the drama. I felt no anxiety working here, and even through stressful situations my co workers would help out. If you stay out of drama you will be great and meet some good people. But once your in the drama, or say something, it can get one sided between others. There was some bad times, but overall good.

June 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write us. Molly Maid feels that culture is really important and so feedback is always important.

Weekly pay helps

they tell you paid training but i never recieved paid training. You only get tips from regular clients and nobody else. They mess up your pay. weekly pay

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

rarely get tipped, work gossip instead of work, unorganized workplace, and mess up on payroll.

May 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Please contact us to talk more!

Common questions about Molly Maid

Answered by current and former employees at Molly Maid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molly Maid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Molly Maid.
Powered byComparably