Mom365 Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
commission based photography
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 8, 2018
the sales and commission were offputting once i got into the hospital setting. with technology and easier access to photographers within people's communities, the services seem to be irrelevant as moms are setting up sessions with other photographers before they even give birth.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
commission
Photographer
Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
Worst job ever. Very unprofessional supervisors,full of unfairment. Company promises so many things then nothing is done your paychecks are all taken away by taxes and "insurances," They leave your money held back from pending orders. No communication whatsoever then supervisors expect the same in return when they can't even communicate themselves. Very poor training they tell you they provided you with information you were supposed to have since the beginning but they never do. The company likes to let go of good sales employees after providing them so many sales for their team. Very unprofessional and lying company. I would've rated this company a zero but it doesn't let you leave it blank, this company is a big lie.
Pros
nothing
Sad place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 19, 2018
The workplace culture is toxic. The new CEO is a liar and could not care less about one single employee in the place.

1. CPI - out of business
2. Picture People - out of business
3. Mom365...NEXT

Third times a charm!
Pros
Met a lot of nice people...
Cons
start to finish...throw a dart
Great place to work!
Field trainer/photographer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 11, 2018
I've been a photographer/field trainer for the past 5 years and I love my job! Part time hours with full time pay and flexibility in scheduling. I'm able to fulfill my family obligations and meet my financial needs as well! I am greatly supported by management and have had no issues.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling and great pay
Cons
I have no complaints!
I loved Working with MOM365
Photographer/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 6, 2018
This company is amazing. The only thing that was hard was commission. I got to take pictures of babies all day and get paid for it. This is a great job and you don't need a lot of experience to get started. Monthly phone conference to keep you updated on what's going on in the company. I had an amazing district manager. Company is one of the most understanding of personal situations.
Pros
working with babies
Cons
making commission
Laid back and rewarding
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 28, 2018
Photographing newborns and providing families with portraits that will stand the test of time is a reward in itself, but also, MOM365 is a laid back and rewarding job environment.
Pros
Provide a service that will benefit every family, Flexible hours, Professional atmosphere
Great Part-Time Job
Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  MDJune 27, 2018
Being a Mom365 photographer is so rewarding. I love meeting new moms and providing them with baby's first official portrait session. I've found that if you focus on capturing excellent photos, and give the parents a beautiful and fun photo session experience, they are happy to listen to your sales presentation and make a purchase. I love seeing the looks on their faces and the emotional reactions that come from watching the slideshow of the photos I took just moments ago. I also really like the staff at my hospital... they're so welcoming and helpful, which makes my job even more enjoyable. My District Manager is also super helpful and encouraging, and is always quick to respond when we have any questions or need assistance. As with any job, some days will be easier or harder than others, but overall, being a newborn photographer has been a great part-time opportunity for me. It still gives me plenty of time to dedicate to my other commitments, while making some extra money. It's a joy to spend the day providing families with memories that will last a lifetime.
Fun job with great pay
Photographer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 27, 2018
Working as a newborn photographer is the best job I could hope for. You get to be a part of the most special time in someone's life and record it for them with beautiful photography. I had no prior professional photography experience but they thoroughly train you to do the job. You photograph the newborns and then present the packages which they also train you to do. Who can resist beautiful portraits of their newborn? It is part time work but the pay is excellent. This allows me to make great money while still having plenty of time for my family and other interests.
Pros
part time with full time pay
Don't do it
District Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJune 26, 2018
A typical day for a District Manager is trying to wrangle your photographers into going to work where they may or may not make money. You visit the hospitals daily and meet with your hospital contacts and photographers, sit around and respond to emails, field phone calls from people in the company wanting to know why more babies aren't being born etc. Seriously, if you are looking for a serious management job in a company with advancement opportunities, or even where you will be treated with a miniscule amount of professionalism, this is not the place for you. Communication is horrible from the top down and with the new CEO (4th in less than as many years) it isn't going to change. It's already off to a disgraceful start. Training for your position is minimal at best and this goes for your support staff at the home office as well. They can rally all the investors they want to, but it's a failing business model.
Pros
Some work from home, the photographers I get to work with, phone and car allowance
Cons
Literally everything else.
Couldn’t pay me enough to go back
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 16, 2018
I worked for Mom365 for 3 years. When I first started, I loved the company. Even when I quit, the company itself was not the problem. The problem started when we got a new district manager. My coworker fell and broke her leg and I was already working another part time job within the nursery and the comment was made, “It’s not going to be out of your way. You’ll be up there anyway.” I ended up working 50 some days before I got one day off and I only got that day off because I was at the ER all night with my child. Fast forward another month, I land in the hospital because my immune system was shutting down. Let manager know and response was, “It is what it is.” Almost another month later, I finally got some relief. Several months after that, I gave my notice and promised I wouldn’t go back. They ended up doing the same thing to the other girl and now they’ve got yet another one who has been there 3 months by herself and doesn’t have anyone else coming in to help her. Oh and if you don’t make good sales, your pay is t great and especially in my area, we don’t have families lining up to pay the prices for packages.
Pros
Babies babies babies
Cons
Poor management, snappy customers, prices outrageous
Easy, laid-back job
Metro District Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2018
As a District Manager, you travel out to your hospital accounts to work with your photographers and meet with your primary contacts to ensure that service is going well.
Pros
Work from home, company laptop
Cons
poor executive management, badly designed bonus program
Great job
Newborn Photographer, Mom365 (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 1, 2018
The job itself was great because it's photography and brand new babies! Being a part of the process of capturing the newborn's first photo shoot. The harder part of the job was the sales process because if the families didn't know photos were offered at the facility - it felt like 'cold calling" with newborn photos.
Pros
Exciting to interact with newborns and share in their first photos
Cons
Hard sales
Productive and fun work with families
Newborn Portrait Photographer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 21, 2018
I learned to take initiative towards my own sales and work with babies. I was offered great training to maximize my benefits as a portrait specialist with babies. Sales were not so good. It was flexible at first then the rules became inflexible.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
inflexible
Do not work here
photographer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
poor management. they hired me, then fired me saying the position was no longer available. they rehired me a month later then fired me again for the same issue. a huge waste of my time.
Pros
Cons
they suck
This job was truly a joke for me
District Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2018
I was a District Manager for a California based district . I truly felt like a chicken with its head cut off . The company changed policies every month. When I followed company policy and protocol I felt like the day was never ending and always seemed to fail. When I say back and didn’t do much - we would get the same end result . Everyone who works here knows it’s a joke and most DM’s either work from home most of the week or have another job while “managing” this one . There’s a team call each week where the director actually makes everyone tell the group how their weekend went and what they did . All the while you have a million things to do ... total joke yet good side money .
Pros
Babies . Working from home . Typically simple work- just lots of it .
Cons
Listening to the people in charge talk for hours on conference calls each week.
Runnnnn
District Manager of Hospital Operations (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2018
District Managers are overworked and undercompensated.
Photographers are asked to do several tasks and the pay is not worth it.
the company is falling apart, they do not care or care to take care of their people. if you are looking for career advancement i will not recommend this company.
They have no structure, people are rude and unwilling to help you. you have to play politics way too much. The regional directors play favorites; meaning your sales plan will never make sense based on LY, socioeconomics or hospital numbers. If you get along with them and cover them you will get far, but you will have to compromise your integrity. The company will also ask you to only contact the photographers who you know will post a positive comment for reviews and exclude the ones who speak the truth.
If you need the job take it, but keep looking. they will try to sell you metal for gold....dont trust them!

they have also had 3 CEO's in less that 2 years. their turnover is ridicoulously high.....BE SCARED once you walk in into this business....
Pros
i try to think of some but i couldnt
Cons
too many to name. pay is horrible, incentives are horrible too, they treat you poorly....i can keep going.
Commission!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 19, 2018
Make sure your pictures are good. This is a sales job that depends on your ability to photograph babies well while working a room all at the same time. Then you will be required to sell high priced packages to many people who can't afford them.
Pros
LOVE the babies
Cons
Long hours for little pay.
Your a salesperson not a photographer
Newborn Photographer/ Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Torrance hospitalApril 11, 2018
I worked here for a year in 2013-2014. A typical day here would be visiting moms who just had a baby a day or two ago. Talking to her about the photography services, the session is free and your whole way of making money is trying to get them to place an order that day, so you can get a 20% comm. Otherwise, your commission is cut if they order online which is what most people want to do because they're tired and want to go home. Of course who blames them being stuck days at a hospital and here comes someone wanting you to buy photos. Women are supposed to be healing. When you are able to get someone to buy, the more they buy the more commission you make. Not everyone is able to buy a $400.00 photo package. If you are not constantly selling the district manager comes and tells you that you need to sell more and retrains you on how to throw sale pitches. There is an hourly wage of $10/hr but that's if you don't have any sales. If your commission is more than your hourly then they give you that. So you can make anywhere from $100.00 to $400.00 a week.
This job is good if your a salesperson and you don't mind bugging people. Photography is not the main focus here, they have a standard of poses you have to follow. I really did enjoy photographing the mothers and their babies/ families. I enjoyed watching them watch a slideshow of the photographs I had just taken. At times the mothers would cry of joy especially when you got to photograph the babies in the NICU. The photos you took brought them so much joy and it brought me joy to create that joy. But unfortunately the pay wasn't
  more... enough to live off of and it was challenging, most of the doctors don't respect you, your lucky if the nurses do because they'll just barge in the middle of a photo shoot and most of the time a session can take hours because you have to wait for the doctor or nurse or blood test person or hearing test person to finish. Sometimes the baby would be fussy and you'd have to come back, some moms wouldn't feed their babies because they'd want their eyes open during the session I would have to tell them that they'll be more relaxed after they eat but sometimes that wasn't even enough.
I think they should pay you per session on top of commission and hourly. You really have to go thru a lot some parents want some outrageous studio photography and they'll show you photos on their photo of these professional photos and I had to remind them that those photos were taken in a photo studio and we just set up the bed with pillows and blankets and call it a day. You were not allowed to bring in anything into the hospital room, they wanted you to use what the mother had in the hospital room.
I wasn't a salesperson but I was a photographer and I had a good reputation at the hospital I worked at but some days you couldn't get to every mother, I was the only photographer and some days I'd have to see 15 to 20 mothers a day. For a few weeks, I worked 7 days straight! Because there was no one else to cover me. People came and went from this job, and now I know why. So if you're looking to work here good luck.
Pros
Bringing joy to families, can have flexable hours if your in school
Cons
Based on sales not bringing joy to the families, Low pay, constantly interuped and not respected by doctors, nurses/staff
Mom365
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2018
Nice place to work. Good work environment. Stress free work environment. Helpful people. Great work culture. Safe to work location. Nice team members and good managers.
"photography" job is actually a sales job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Poor management turns what should be a fun and cute job into a nightmare.
First it takes forever to get started because of health screening, Then after a bit of training you are sent off (often alone unless your hospital is big enough for 2 photographers).
If no moms want photo sessions or decline to buy anything a certain day then you are out of luck and will get only minimum wage, and you'll also be blamed for the lack of sale.
Equipment is very cheap/old and when something breaks the company will send "refurbished" equipment that is barely any better.
The company does not care about the photography, only the sales. It's all about quantity not quality. You are trained to be extremely pushy to women who have given birth less than 24 hours ago.
The one pro is getting to see cute babies and meeting families that are happy to get their photos taken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mom365. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight