Momentum for Mental Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Job
Bridge Services Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2018
Great Place to work. diverse culture, great management and peers. clientele was good, everyone worked as a team. Management open door policy. voice was heard.
Pros
Residential board and care
Cons
hourly vs salaried
Momentum for Mental Health
Clinician II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 5, 2018
Flexible, Good Salary, Good work environment, Understanding management, great opportunity to learn and grow, wonderful clients, a job I look forward to every day
Cons
Understaffed
This company is a terrible, underhanded and dishonest organization; very much the good ole boy system.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 31, 2018
This company is a terrible underhanded and dishonest organization; very much the good ole boy system. They have one set of union rules that they overstep without explanation or apology. In other words, they discriminate against certain groups of people, and have different sets of standards for certain people. Management treats their people disrespectfully, and the staff is lazy; they show up late and leave early, and there is no penalty, and then feel stupid when you show up on time. They do not keep their word on any promise, and consistently lie without excuse. Everyone covers everyone, even when they mistreat employees. People who keep their jobs for a long time here either have spouses, family members or friends on staff. Other than nepotism, you are screwed.
Pros
None - not one.
Cons
Everything - there is not one honest employee; the employer will lie to your face, make you promises, and later retract them. Liars...
Unpleasant Work Environment
Therapist/ Case Manager, MFTi (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 30, 2018
Not a good match for my values, skills or experience, did not allow appropriate work station or environment to aid in completing the required workload.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Unpleasant Work Environment
Client and family involvement
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2018
The staff at Momentum, always shared a professional and fun relationship with the clients and their families. The company is know for being generous and for sponsoring various activities throughout the year. such as: summer BBQ and parties for residential clients, Christmas breakfast and dinner for staff and client especially those who does not have families or friends to celebrate with, and once a year we attend a summer trip to Santa Cruz where client spend the entire day enjoying rides, eating hot dogs and playing in the water under the tight supervision supervision of staff. Momentum has a wonderful atmosphere for staff, clients and their families.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Needs more staff
Wonderful co-workers, management doesn't care about staff or client
former employee (Former Employee) –  San JoseMarch 14, 2018
The line staff are really friendly and helpful. There is tons of paperwork everyday and the requirements kept changing. My direct manager was good. The leadership of the company is old-fashioned, disconnected from staff and not receptive to feedback. Morale was low because we had to meet high expectations without proper training or guidance. I learned a lot from the clients and my teammates, time and time again the company leaders disappointed.
Pros
nice team, interesting clients, good benefits
Cons
high turnover, little training
I write my review summary
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2018
- I had a very fast pace job when you walk the day would fly by. We
had a lot of trainings, meeting especially with the psychiatrist.
- I had a very remarkable boss who taught something daily. There
was so much to learn I felt the training I received was equivalent to
a degree. (Master/PHD)
- director of our program wrote grants and opened programs. I can't
say enough except that it was a honor and great experience.
- everyday was a learning experience and I looked forward to coming
to work.
- everything was enjoyable
Pros
Working with a great team
disorganized
Case Manager/Community Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 1, 2018
From my personal experience I found the company disorganized and I found little support as a new employee while I was dumped 50 clients to work with at once.
Large Agency
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 11, 2017
Large Agency many programs to work in. There are many staff that has been there from day one so they have a wealth of knowledge. There are many different ethnic employees there.
Pros
Diverse Employees
Cons
Limited work space, not enough meeting place for clients
supportive management
Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2017
Good place to work and opportunity for advancement in the clinical mental health field. Benefits where good and management was available for support when needed.
big turnover rate
CSS (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2017
lots of tension in the workplace. heavy workloads are insurmountable. management and union are elusive and dont take concerns seriously. staff is unable to make worthwhile contributions for their clients.
Corruption everywhere in the agency.
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 21, 2016
Lot's of corruption. Nothing but favoritism in this agency, some managers are kind and professional, others are cricket and liars.
La Selva
La Selva Community Clinic Bilingual Clinician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 27, 2016
Awesome people and management. Everyone is very supportive. Great people to interact with. If you don't get something they work with you until you do.
Family Orientated
Admin Assistant/Floater (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 10, 2016
Some sites are very laid back and not as active as others, sometimes it can get slow, but on other days it is very hectic. I have learned many things by working here, I now know more about the inner workings of at least 4 different sites that I have worked with. Also, I have learned what it takes when dealing with mental health clients. The management team are good the only thing is that since I work Per Diem I do not work as often as I should. It has been a few months since I have heard from my manager. Every co-worker that I have come across have been very helpful and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is not working enough. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Easy work, some sites have an hour break, and nice co-workers
Cons
management do not get back to you when you have not worked for a few months.
Team players
Personal Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2016
Nice place to work,good work environment,great team players and I built some good long term relationships with peers.
A great place to work
Internship (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 4, 2015
This location has a very family oriented dynamic, everyone is willing to help out and pitch in, especially when it has to do with clients. A very fun place to work and I acquired a lot of knowledge.
Productive workplace
Bridge Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 10, 2015
Teaching clients independent living skills. Learned clinical terminology and skills. Educated leadership. Compassionate team members.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
high employee turnover in residential setting
Nice place to work
Program Administrator, Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara CountyJune 15, 2014
Appropriately diverse satff and Management. Great [lace to work.
Excellent Values and Clinical Framework
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CaMay 13, 2013
Hardest job you will ever love! Exciting work, great co-workers.
Pros
Good Employer match for 403B
Cons
Hard to take vacation
Productive, fun place to work.
Employment Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2012
An awesome place to work! Staff are great and we do an amazing job and serving clients!