Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update
Information from Momentum Solar:

Momentum Solar Employee Reviews

United States487 reviews
Very good company to work for, good atmosphere and also good culture.

Good management and scheme structure.

Very reliable in terms of work-life balance.
Great company. Trainers were great and really did a great job at training. They saw something in me and kept me on .I was there for 4 weeks and didn't make it out of training before I resigned because it wasn't the right job for me.
Pros
work from home
Cons
cold calling
Worked for momentum for 2 years. They don’t care about the quality of the work they just care about the production and getting paid. You have to pretty much threaten to quit to get a raise and if they don’t want to give you a raise they will fire you. This company is not good to work for, upper management is terrible and they don’t care about the customers. Lots of shady things going on.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, low pay, over worked
All employees are replaceable. Upper management is disrespectful. Not ideas are accepted unless they think of it. Mess up and they threaten your job frequently.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
After working for Momentum Solar for almost 2 years, I have never had to guess at expectations and have never been given a goal without also being provided the tools and coaching to get there.
It is a high performing team and there is no tolerance for laziness or an entitled attitude. . .which my work ethic appreciates!

The Sales rep and Management goals are in alignment and there is a focus on making sure each project receives the quality attention it deserves.

The only "unhappy" peers I've worked with, are the ones who do not like to work hard, consistently blamed appointment quality for their lack of success, and felt they should be allowed to put in mediocre effort and get the rewards reserved for the hard workers of the team.
Pros
Company culture is fun and motivating, Compensation plan is lucrative, Training is in depth and applicable, Management work alongside their team and genuinely want them to succeed.
Cons
Long hours.
Management has really no idea what they're doing. All they care about is money and do not like to promote from within. They will hire you in a second, and drop you in the next 2 without any real alibi. The worst part of it all is the salaries they are giving out. Completely outdated, and overall lowballing their employees, with nothing but empty promises to back them up. They also have no actual schedule, and they will work you mandatory overtime (which is fine for a bit until you realize you've put in 130 hours biweekly for the last 6 months). Overall, no real gratification for their employees, ridiculously low paying wages, slave-like labor and hours, no room for advancement and no structure of professionalism by management in any way, shape, or form.
Pros
None.
One of the worst place on earth, bad management, Just a group of un professional working in one place!
This company is out of control and just expect things to be better?!
● Work-life balance
They couldn’t care less about your personal life. Work well starts on a Saturday so they can screw you out of overtime. They will make you take a week day off if you get close to 40 hours.

● Pay & benefits

They don’t let you know how many PTO hours you have. You have to contact HR to find out. And then if you leave, you forfeit any unearned hours.

● Job security and advancement

Absolutely no job growth at this company

● Management

They put employees at risk of getting sick because they thought Covid was a hoax. They repeated this during meetings.

● Culture

This company is trying to set itself up to be bought by a competitor

● Overall

This place is a sinking ship. There’s no such thing as raises so negotiate as best as you can when you walk through the door. They track everything you do down to the foot of wire and accuse people of stealing
You work through alot of different weather and when knocking on doors, you get used to rejection. Though, the company does help push you to keep going. "Every door that closes can lead you to your next opportunity." Meaning, if one door says no doesn't mean all the rest would too. I enjoyed that part. The company also treats their employees with care. The building has many amenities. Just know what you're doing. Pay attention. It's about commission which is very generous and straight to the point for an appointment setter/field marketer.
Pros
Group employee amenities, ping pong, martial art classes
Cons
Weather, No permits, Informational Training if Reapplying
Application process is a joke, no one knows what they're doing. Applied, received invitation to introductory zoom call, Wasted my time sitting through that, to just no have no response for a week. I had to follow up asking what the next steps were, they requested a resume again, and said someone would call within a week, call never came. Followed up again, asked for resume AGAIN, finally spoke to someone who said all seems good and that someone locally would reach out to me about next steps, of course never heard back, so I'm done. I suspect the high salary posted on the listing is just a scam to collect applicants information.
Pros
Cons
too many chefs in the kitchen, no one knows whos doing what.
The training is packed with studying and and everything else. It’s all over the place. Hard to learn any one thing Because they train all things a little of each each day. When you start selling They are constantly looking for paperwork that’s already been submitted. Tell you jobs where cancelled not pay you and when you follow up with the customer they are already installed. Then you have to fight for your money. Send you to unconfirmed appointments 90% off the time time and 70% off the time they are not home or don’t want the appointment. Make you drive twice a week to the showroom to sit and twiddle your thumbs. This company is the worst I’ve ever worked for. Besides management and supervisors it’s hard to find anyone that’s been there for more than 6 months.. don’t waste your time.
Where do I begin. I started working at Momentum as a canvasser and let me tell you it is not for the faint of heart. The hours are brutal and there is no work/life balance. Your in the office by 9 and your not home until 9 that night. They expect you to eat, sleep, and breathe solar. All they care about is their bottom line and will threaten your job at a moments notice. Half of the employees are addicts and backstabbing is rampant. It’s pretty cutthroat. Turnover rate is high. If you work hard you will be paid well but they will look for any way to screw you out of your bonuses. I climbed my way to team leader but it was a grind and by the end I was completely burnt out and flat out quit one day. Best decision I ever made. No amount of money is worth your soul which is what Momentum demands if you want to be successful. If it wasn’t for the friends I had there who made working somewhat bearable I would have quit long before.
Pros
Decent pay if you work hard, Free coffee
Cons
Your a slave, long hours, your trained to lie, no permits so get used to talking to cops, fiends everywhere, no job security
Company does not respect employees. Use free food and coffee 2 days a week as a perk, instead of compensating them. Blatant drug use on company property overlooked and no resources provided to assist. Company not concerned about employees concerns and issues. Company often uses threats and intimidation. 4 months into COVD management had yet to provide support or make sure staff is OK. Canvassers are forced to continue to work in unsafe conditions.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Employees are not valued. Management not properly qualified to manage.
Could be a great place to work but I just got in at the wrong time and no one was will to give me a chance To actually show them that I could do it they just pushed me off to a different position that I was not happy with
I was hired as a canvasser to work fairly short hrs, 5 days a week. It was presented to me as a military-friendly environment. After getting there, the corporate team disregarded their own contracts, and told me I had to work at least 6 and preferably 7 days a week.

The corporate executives are not like any respectable company I've ever seen. They walk in wearing baggy shorts with their underwear showing, and smoking inside the building, and blowing smoke in employees faces. Rather than discussing goals and how to meet them, they tell us "I'm looking to fire some people today. Who will it be?" This is their way of "motivating" us. And it wasn't a joke, they really seemed to get off on taking away the livelihood of hard working people with families to support.

My local manager made a deal with us, that as long as we put up huge numbers, we can stick to the contract, and only work 5 days. I needed this, because I have reserve duty on weekends. Luckily, my numbers were the top of the entire company. I was a reliable and well-liked employee locally, and hoping for a promotion, as they claim they are a great place to grow.

Despite our office putting up the top numbers of any office in the nation, they threatened our manager when they found out he wasn't forcing us to breach our contract. He quit. I was then asked if I was his friend, I said yes, and was fired the next day. I was the top producer in the entire company.

Petty trashy childish corporate culture makes a conscious effort to encroach into every office and create as toxic of a work environment as possible.
 - more...
Pros
Pay is good while it lasts, IF you are very good at your job and pull in the commission.
Cons
Sweatshop, no vacation allowed, they want you to work Christmas, the most toxic work environment I've ever seen, dishonest, unethical, zero room to grow, and very difficult work.
8 people and I were hired for $14hr after the first month 2 months in the company threw their hands in the air and decided that that wasn't going to be the case. So after asking numerous times why we were not receiving the pay we were told when we accepted the job their answer was "we cant give you that right now the department doesn't have the funds" just be weary their not going to cut manager hours or CEOs pay their going to cover their ends with your pay. was hired for a specific schedule that went out the window a month in. just felt lied to and kind of robbed. currently i'm looking for new employment but i'm stuck with them in the mean while wish i would have know this when i was hired i had choices, seems like i picked the wrong one. no good not good at all
Pros
remote position
Cons
pay, schedule, bosses are inappropriate, bad information
Greedy Owners, only in it for themselves. There use to be a good time working here but not anymore. They are thieves and run the company like a pyramid scheme, work you to the bone and then fire you before pay day so they withhold your pay check.
Cons
I have worked at several organizations and nothing comes close to Momentum Solar. The company has amazing staff who help each other. The thrill of closing deals is also unlike anything I have seen at any other company where I worked before.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Momentum Solar was my first job and it opened for me doors that I never imagined before. It is at Momentum that I mastered persuasion skills and other skills needed to close deals. The strong foundation I got at Momentum Solar helped develop my marketing career.
"
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
When I say management is not the best, it’s because they tend to micromanage. However, if one can handle it, then it’s a great company, that anyone should look forward to working for. They pay way above the average commissions of other industry players for the same level of work.
"