Momentum Solar

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Hard work with no work life balance, but potential to make solid money

Your working 6 days a week on call all day so you do not get much time to yourself. Way too much driving, you will be putting a lot of wear and tear on your car. You do have the opportunity to make a lot of money but it is a very tough job.

Pros

Potential high pay

Cons

A LOT of driving, stressful work

Company values match mine

This is my second year at the company. I like that the values are reflective of mine. They believe in being inclusive, providing equal opportunities for all, and promoting a healthy work-life balance, which is essential to me.

Pros

I am happier and driven to succeed because the valued reflect my own.

Cons

People have different values and other employees may prefer a different set of values.

My job touches lives

I have worked at the company for five years now. I like that my job has a positive impact on people's lives and always ready to provide whatever support is required to get the job done.

Pros

I value my work more since I find it meaningful which helps keep me motivated and productive.

Cons

It’s not for everybody but it can get you by if you have no kids or other sources of income. It’s base pay with the hope of making sales to receive commissions.

Consistent engagement

This is my third year working at Momentum Solar. I love how engaging my job is. I'm constantly learning new things, finding new challenges and addressing them, and discovering new ways of doing stuff. There's no room for boredom or monotony.

Pros

I have become more creative and fulfilled resulting in higher productivity.

Cons

I have to dedicate lots of time and effort but it's a worthy sacrifice.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Relevance to my skills and talents

I have worked at Momentum for four years now. I love that my job utilizes my knowledge, skills, and talents. I invested my resources in learning my skills and putting them to use is satisfying. The company also offers challenges that help me grow professionally.

Pros

Using my skills has increased my sense of fulfillment and motivation to work harder.

Cons

Honestly, nothing much. I love working here.

Company culture

I have worked there for three years. I love the general culture of the company because it is inclusive, flexible, supports creativity, and values its workers.

Pros

The culture inspires loyalty to the company therefore low turnover.

Cons

It may not be suitable for everyone

Positive reinforcement

I am about to complete my first year at the company. I like that they use positive reinforcement to encourage the staff. I made some mistakes when I was new at the job, but I have worked on those mistakes and have grown more confident thanks to their positive reinforcement strategy.

Pros

The management here is supportive.

Cons

It's easy to become set and inflexible in the way you work.

Compassionate team members

I have worked at Momentum for slightly over two years. I love the sense of community that comes from working in teams. Over time my teammates have grown to be my friends, and we work so well together.

Pros

The environment encourages growth.

Cons

The team is great but minor issues such as petty office politics come up occasionally.

Stressful

You will be doing full-blown cold calling which customers are absolutely not okay with and get very rude with you. The management gives off I don't really care what you do just get my numbers up and if you can't deliver they start to stress you out even more.

Pros

Decent bonus

Cons

Too stressful

Mutual Respect

I just started my fourth year in the company. I love that the company has a culture of respect from both colleagues and the management.I'm looking forward to what the future holds for me here.

Pros

Knowing that I will be rewarded for my effort is a huge morale booster.

Cons

A few issues arise but they are handled fast and effectively.

Rewards and recognition for high performance

I have worked at the company for about two years now. During this time, all my accomplishments have been acknowledged. I once received the employee of the month award, and it made me feel accomplished and appreciated.

Pros

Knowing that I will be rewarded for my effort is a huge morale booster.

Cons

There is pressure, but its manageable.

Transparent and effective communication

I worked at the company for two years. The management was transparent in its operations, communicated well with the staff, and allowed them to air their opinions and ideas freely.

Pros

A healthy work environment with mutual respect and understanding.

Management is proactive

I'm in my fourth year at the company. The management style involves closely monitoring and controlling our day-to-day activities.I loved the flexible working schedules

Pros

There is better accountability, and everyone performs to their best.

Cons

Sometimes feeling micromanaged creates anxiety.

Reliable and trustworthy management

I have worked here for about three years. I like that the management is reliable and trustworthy. They always keep their word and deliver as promised.

Pros

Good working relationships help me stay productive.

Team spirit

I've worked here for two years. I love the team spirit because it makes me feel like part of something bigger and teamwork helps achieve better results in less time.

Pros

The sense of community makes work fun and gives everyone a fair chance to showcase their skills.

Cons

Not everyone likes working in a team environment. Sometimes conflicts arise, but the management does the best to solve them.

Great opportunity

This is a place to grow and learn. Management is always looking to build and promote leader from within and give people opportunities to create a career. I had to leave for personal reasons but it would I learned a lot, make good money and genuinely enjoyed my time with the people there

Use Of technology

I have worked at Momentum for almost seven years. During this time the company has updated equipment, especially technology, to help us be more efficient.

Pros

The use of communications technologies helps promote uniformity and consistency.

Cons

It takes a while to get good with new equipment and software.

dont waste your time

you work about 45-52 hours a week with base pay of 500. The work day is 12pm-8pm 6 days a week except saturday 9-4. The company likes to reel you in and manipulate you by convincing you that you will get sales and big bonuses which is not true. Youre going to spend so much time with them and knocking on doors, dealing with rejection and rude people for such little pay. The employees are usually chill you will proabably meet some good friends but financially not a good idea.

Pros

friendly people free ride to sites

Cons

work life balance pay standing and walking all day

Open communication between staff and management

I just completed my first year at the company. I love that there are great channels for communication which makes it easier to understand and deliver on companies’ objectives, expectations, and strategies.

Pros

The work environment fosters trust and improves the relationship between the staff and management.

Cons

It can be tricky to know what information to share and what to hold on to during communication.

Mentorship

I started working at Momentum three years ago, immediately after I graduated. I didn't have much experience, but having a mentor has helped me grow significantly. As a result, I have grown both professionally and personally.

Pros

The positive influence has helped me grow to be more effective in my duties.

Cons

There could be a case of dependence, but with the right objectives, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Momentum Solar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Momentum Solar with