Momentum Solar Employee Reviews

Great Pay
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 13, 2018
This is an innovative company with a lot of opportunities. There are some challenges and the benefits could be a little better but the pay is great.

You get to challenge your self and work with great people that will become good friends.
Pros
Fun, Innovative, Great Pay
Cons
benefits could be better
This isnt the best place to work, but the people are nice.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2018
This job is a working progress. Other than that I don't know how to describe this place. You take to take it or leave it, because this place needs help! The new manager is arrogant and egotistical.
They don’t care about you.
Install Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2018
Management literally doesn’t care about you. If you suffer heat exhaustion in an attic they act like it’s a joke. They ask if you’re going to show up for work the next day. Safety here is a joke. They pretend to care and then never order the gear they say they will. The owners will have a cookout for you and then cook steaks for themselves on the same grill they’re cooking you burgers on almost to rub it in your face. They just don’t even respect the work you’re doing. I just don’t know how else to explain how much they don’t care about their people.
Cons
Bad Culture, No work/life balance
bad experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 15, 2018
the company does not have a genuine interest in you as a person which is very discouraging. no real interest is for the employee unless you are a top sales agent
Good place to build a career
sales management (Current Employee) –  Metuchen, NJApril 24, 2018
Momentum is a fast paced sales environment. If you put in the work, you will be rewarded with competitive pay and room for advancement either within your department or across a different part of the company.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
PTO could use some work
Avoid this workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJApril 23, 2018
Avoid this place. This place is a revolving door. Employees always get fired or don’t stay. They hire everyday. Managers argue and fight in front of the employees. They don’t really acknowledge or care for any of their workers.
Pretty good
Team leader canvasser (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 20, 2018
Training was good, culture was good. Management was generally ok. Coworkers cool.
Canvassers risk themselves whenever they take to the field as, what soliciting permits? And more so after dark.
New pay structure rewards those who are really good.
Until company vehichle is provided, using your own.
Pros
Pretty good pay. Good team
Cons
Hardly anyone has permits.
Young and motivated management. Exciting workplace
Project Manager / Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJApril 10, 2018
As Project Manager and also an engineering consultant I enjoyed the freedom to think and brainstorm on my own time. I enjoyed working to develop and employ more efficient strategies in design, engineering, marketing, etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized management
Not a good place for a career unless you know someone
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 28, 2018
The company doesn't care about their low end employees. Their are no raises unless it is company wide. Over worked and under paid. They would rather hire from another company than promote from within. The work environment is very stressful on a family, and very demanding in general. This is not a job for anyone with young children or wanting to start a family. The company is inconsiderate of how far you travel to work for them and when you are getting back to the shop and how long it will take to get home.
Pros
overtime
Cons
everything else
Long days
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 27, 2018
I worked there for seven days. The hiring ad never stated I needed a CDL card for my job, which was warehouse/ driver. When I was in the warehouse working Iwas very busy. No time to rest. Long time on you feet. . Long days Starting at 5:45 am. Could not get my card. I was shown the door. They did not mail my check to me. I had to drive to the office and get it. Was not part of the in crowd.
Pros
Short afternoons
Cons
Long mornings. Installation teams not friendly and slobs
horrible
Outbound Call Center - Appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJMarch 21, 2018
arrogant, abbrasive

i learned what i dont want in a job

hardest part - dealing with the managers and the nasty clients, but then again - i dont like to be bothered by cold calling telemarkers
Pros
Cons
all
It’s like working with a bunch of kids
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Metuchen, NJMarch 19, 2018
It’s always loud with people playing around yelling screaming cursing and carrying on while your on the phone speaking with customers. No room for advancement unless your apart of the “in-crew”. And people’s commission are always messed up and they act like they paid you correctly when they didn’t so people miss out on hundreds of dollars. Management doesn’t respect you and the moment they don’t like you they get you out. They don’t value employees and the work they do.
Pros
You can work as many hours you want
Productive workplace, competitive
Solar Technician (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJFebruary 18, 2018
It was a fast paste job, well mannered and respectful associates. We worked in difficult weather but we always get the job done. Momentum solar is a business that allow you to learn and grow.
Pros
Respectful foreman
Cons
Healthcare
Very hard place to work
Roof Lead (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJFebruary 14, 2018
I worked here for 4 months. I have worked for several solar companies before, but Momentum by far ranks the lowest. They don't care about their install teams, and don't give the very hard work we put in proper value. Not only that, they require you to be there at 6 AM every morning, but don't start paying you until you arrive at your job site, typically 8AM and sometimes as late as 9AM. The same goes for the drive back home, they don't pay you while your in the company vehicles ever unless you are actually driving(thats an average of 2-4 unpaid hours per day). In the month of December, my crew worked an average of 70 plus hours per week, even working a couple Sundays. I busted my butt for this company. On January 10th, they fired me for being late. I never called out before, never was late before, but they fired me. I got to the office at 6:30AM, and was late for a meeting we don't even get paid to sit through. Management is real inconsiderate, they don't care how much harder you work than the next guy. They show no effort in getting to know employees as individuals, something I really appreciated from previous solar companies. I wouldn't recommend this workplace to anyone.
Not worth your time
Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Company is coming over to the West Coast out of Jersey with East Coast mentality. Marketing just sucks and so does staff careless. Best bet is maybe Horizon or Sunrun. At least there sales staff can close training we Recieved was useless no one is given chances. They never cared about my opinions.
Pros
There is no pros
Cons
Bad pay, poor management, HR is completely useless.
Poor management
Minion (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJJanuary 31, 2018
People are number machines making little pay to advance the owners pockets!

Don’t care about employees after resigning they fire you.

Terminating after a resignation could prove costly for this company they will have to pay unemployment!

Terrible training if you could call it training
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Everything.
Good Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJDecember 31, 2017
Many functions to this job and they will work with you if you do not fit in one place. Solar panels company with great rapport and great job culture. Success is based on performance and compensation reflects that with a base pay included.
Fast paced, fun, and competitive!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Metuchen, NJDecember 29, 2017
I would recommend anyone to come work for Momentum Solar! The fast paced, competitive environment pushes you to be your very best. The opportunity for growth and advancement is definitely here!
Cut throat sales position
Sales Representative/Solar Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJDecember 22, 2017
Working as a sales representative at Momentum Solar is a cut-throat job, employees must be prepared to drive to a sale in their area and must be on call at least 5 days a week. The commission opportunities at this position are uncapped and top sales reps can make up to six-figures. The most enjoyable part of this job is the free time when a rep is not attending sales, and the most challenging part is the sale itself. Which comes with practice, proper training, and wit.
Pros
free lunches, breakfast, healthcare
Cons
Draw but no base pay
Fun hardworking environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Metuchen, NJDecember 8, 2017
Great to be among others who like to have fun but while also working hard. good office dynamic. There is always something going on - and there is almost always free pizza!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Typical stresses that come with being in customer service in general

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Momentum Solar. Our community is ready to answer.