Mon Health

Mon Health Employee Reviews

United States93 reviews
Great place to work.
I worked 5 days a week. I knew my schedule day in and out. Which gave me opportunities to plan other activities with my kids. Mon Health offered great medical benefits for my family and I.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
At Mon Health you will constantly gain knowledge and experience to use in future career steps. You will obtain a background in patient care which will aid in your career in healthcare.
Lab is a nightmare
The lab is a nightmare if you are a lab assistant. Beyond understaffed and they keep adding more and more work with not enough staff. We are extremely underpaid for the amount of work and stress put onto us. Managers are horrible (especially the one for lab assistants) they sit in the office with door shut never ask if you need help. Only come out to yell that something wasn’t done quick enough. Almost everyday there is only one phlebotomists for the whole hospital (horrible patient care). Patient care is nonexistent and mangers don’t care you ask for help and get told no. You are spoken to by management like you are worthless and beneath them. You are extremely lucky if you ever get a break/lunch break but managers make sure they get to go to lunch and two breaks. You ask for a break and get told you don’t need one. No support and no leadership. It is a total nightmare I would never recommend anyone working in this lab.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, horrible management, and under paid
A non toxic environment
Friendly people, everyone always trying to help you succeed . People are enthusiastic about what they do, pay is fair and there’s always an opportunity to make more.
16+ years
Ive been at Mon health for almost 17 years. In my position, I can work remotely and in the office. I value my co-workers and we are a strong team. I have worked in CCU and the Quality dept. Both are strong depts with great knowledge for the patients and hospital.
Great place for advancement
I started out in Nutrition aide position and then I just decided to work in Sterile processing and went to MTECH and followed that up with a certified sterile tech job.
fast paced
I was a Lead Lab Assistant and I trained new employees, PKU's, scheduled staff, took care of everyday issues, interacted with patients and ordered tests.
Lack of management
The worse part of working for Mon Health was the management. There basically wasn’t any help and you if you asked for assistance there was none given. Lack of compassion
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of management
Overall great place to work. Progressive organization that continues to grow and make advancements in health-care. Good benefits, friendly staff and pleasant work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
Mon General has gone downhill
This used to be a great place to work but since the new CEO came and upper management has changed, no ones job is safe. Many long time employees have been fired. Moral is terrible. Management needs to get it together.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor moral and pay
Not the best working environment
My biggest gripe about the department I worked in was the management. Too many of them staffed at a time and a few of them were not pleasant to work with, they can make you feel uncomfortable at times when they get all over you.

Some of the cooks would get an attitude with you when you ask them for simple things when it's their job. Someone will always call off, leaving you to do the extra work and management still expect you to get everything done in the same timeframe with little to no assistance from them.

A lot of favoritism. One worker can do something wrong and management be all over them. But one of their favorites can do whatever and they just overlook them.

Breaks are somewhat laughable. Breaks and lunch are very early and you're not always guaranteed breaks. Especially if you're short staffed, which is almost every other day.

Overall, the department is so dysfunctional. I can see why it's so hard for them to hire and/or keep a fully staffed. Unless you're in dire need of a job, I would look elsewhere.

The only thing I really liked about the job was the patients and some of the coworkers. They made the best part of the day despite the flaws.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Speaking with many patients
Cons
Short breaks, benefits are average at best, management is so poor and dysfunctional
Not A Fun Work Environment
I worked in 2 different areas under different managers. Basically if you are not a nurse you will not get a raise. Brown nose and you will get promoted. Most managers will not take you seriously so you have to go above them. Overall I would not recommend working for this organization. Worst place I have ever worked.
poor management
Poor management. supervisor has no idea how to do the job that she is hiring people for. Hospital does not care about their employees you are just a number to them .
Best Hospital to receive care and to work for in West Virginia
Mission driven leader in northcentral West Virginia. This organization is a great place to work with a family like culture, opportunity for advancement and transparent leadership team.
Depends on your department
Every department has different management styles, clinics are understaffed, but it does have a family feeling. All employees feel frustrated but want to take care of the patients.
Neutral
With all jobs, there are pros and cons. However, I would prefer not to give an opinion on my experiences there. Therefore my opinion would have to be neutral.
Unfair Pay grade
I have been an employee for over a year, during my interview process I was promised one pay grade, a raise after my probationary period, yearly and performance raises. I transferred, travel to other offices, have good reviews and evaluations, yet no pay increase or room for advancement. Right before our raises were due for the year, the company froze all raises for ONE calendar year.
Pros
Pto, Sick and Holiday package
Cons
Using PTO time for THEIR scheduled days off
Great experience
Great to work there. very laid back. 20-30 patients a day. Administration keeps changing. Nothing negative to say about the hospital. Have worked there for 4 years.
highs and lows
no thank you I prefer not to comment on a typical day at Mon Health
other than as with any position I have ever held with any company there are highs and lows
Decent
I would say that it was a set schedule. Had every other weekend off. We did get great benefits but it seemed as it was getting higher. I loved the employees that i would work with. The employes would make you feel. Like family.
Pros
Work enviroment was good.
Cons
Only having one 15 minute brake.
Awful
Westover Wedgewood-Monhealth
I loved being a registration representative!

But the management was awful!!!!!

The place was such a mess because of her