Mon Health Employee Reviews

Great experience
Hospitalist Physician (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 30, 2018
Great to work there. very laid back. 20-30 patients a day. Administration keeps changing. Nothing negative to say about the hospital. Have worked there for 4 years.
highs and lows
Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 27, 2018
no thank you I prefer not to comment on a typical day at Mon Health
other than as with any position I have ever held with any company there are highs and lows
Decent
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 17, 2018
I would say that it was a set schedule. Had every other weekend off. We did get great benefits but it seemed as it was getting higher. I loved the employees that i would work with. The employes would make you feel. Like family.
Pros
Work enviroment was good.
Cons
Only having one 15 minute brake.
Awful
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Westover, WVMay 4, 2018
Westover Wedgewood-Monhealth
I loved being a registration representative!
But the management was awful!!!!!
The place was such a mess because of her
Great learning environment and supportive team
Physician Assistant Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 25, 2018
I worked as a PA hospitalist doing admissions, floor work and fielding phone calls overnight from 2 Outside facilities. I worked under 4 physicians with at least 12 PAs. We had a very close working relationship with the Emergency Department
Great introduction to the health care field
Materials Technician, Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 7, 2018
About what you would expect, for better or worse, from working at a hospital, especially for surgery. Fast paced, high stress environment. Pays well, could be much better, issues with upper management keep that from happening. Bonuses are an absolute joke. Benefits are affordable but middle of the road. I've learned a lot about myself and the field here though.
Pros
Cheap benefits, good pay, rewarding
Cons
So-so benefits, laughable bonuses, management
more help
house keeping and certified aid (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 5, 2018
it was ok till mom got sick quit to take care of herit was grate had good r n been better if more orginised need more aids that is a hard job

when you have 18 to wait on
Pros
grate workers
Cons
longer brake
Great learning experience
Morgantown, West Virginia Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 28, 2017
This is a great place to gain experience if interested in the medical field. Co-Workers are very friendly and always willing to help and work as a team.
Most of my coworkers were awesome. The test were back stabbers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505December 16, 2017
The amount of patients that you are responsible for is unsafe. Everyday you went to work, the more your license was on the line. The amount of stress and under appreciation is evident in every worker there. Your education has no bearing on advancement and loyalty means nothing. If you went in on a day off. Because they will call you everyday, they will send someone to another floor to work. They make the nurses function as a full team all alone.
Pros
All the overtime you can handle.
Cons
Always negative.
Great Job Security
Human Resources Generalist- Nurse Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 12, 2017
Mon Health has offered opportunities to advance and working in healthcare you will always have a secure job. Mon Health values their employees and you can tell through all the events throughout the year they arrange for their staff.
Low wage, Little chance of advancement
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 4, 2017
Benefits are pretty good but they keep cutting them back and raising copays and deductibles. You will not get regular raises. I’ve had several responsibilities added to my job title with no increase in pay. Technology is ANCIENT and irritating to use as you need more than 5 different programs to do your job.
Pros
Cafeteria discounts, decent PTO
Cons
Low pay, low appreciation, Little upward growth
Operated more like a business than what was best for the patient.
Clinical Assistant-ER (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 2, 2017
Management was very by the book. Didn't leave any room for mistakes. If you were late due to a car accident, it didn't matter. Staffing was done to save money and not what was best for the patient or employee.
great people to work with
Patient Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505September 7, 2017
Mongeneral was a good place to work. Great managment and training! Provided flexiable work schedules. Very fast paced and professional environment. I learned how to multitask and manage the out patient lab area of registration. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed. I gained so much knowledge working in different areas of the hospital, including the cancer center.
Good condition moany
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 22, 2017
Good company to work for. Can be very stressful at times and sometimes lack of employees. Pay was not comparable to other hospitals being that it was too low of a pay but was doable.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Only 12 hr shifts
good place to work
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 7, 2017
This is a good place to work. The only reason I left is because there was not enough work for me to do.I was able to get my job done quickly once I learned it. Human Resources did not have anything else for me to do.
Loved working at Mon General FBC
Family birth center RN (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
I learned a lot while doing what I had always dreamed about doing. Everyone I worked with were just as passionate about their job. We all worked as a team. All the nurses, doctors, midwives, management, etc were amazing and the best team I ever worked with. I can not wait to go back!
Excellent work experience
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 22, 2017
very busy environment - wonderful co-workers. The hardest part of the job is scheduling interviews as the phone keeps ringing and people are backing up at the reception desk.
Pros
great environmen
Fast-paced but friendly atmosphere
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 28, 2017
I would recommend working here because it provides enough work for your role that you are never left to wonder what you will do next, but the management is understanding about family issues as well.
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 13, 2017
Great working environment with great working associates. Long life career opportunity. Up to pace working environment. Worked with scheduling well
Great employer, great atmosphere - FANTASTIC benefits
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 3, 2017
I've been part of the Mon Health family for over two years. My administration and coworkers are friendly, supportive and encouraging. My benefits, from insurance to paid days off, are generous. I recommend Mon Health as an employer and a healthcare provider to my family and friends and receive my own medical care within the health system. As a marketer, it is important to believe in the product or service you're promoting. I truly believe that this organization is dedicated to enhancing the health of the communities it serves, one person at a time.
Pros
Starbucks Coffee, quality care, insurance, benefits, free parking