Monarch Beverage Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
Beer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2018
Monarch is a great company. It is a work hard play hard environment. Your workload depends on what route you have. This company offers tons of benefits to living a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Employee discounts. Fun Enviroment
Cons
Work load
Best Job
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
I worked at Monarch from graduation from High School to graduation of college. I started doing seasonal help then moved on to sales. They took care of me when I had troubles arise in my personal life. The company is by far the best I've ever worked for.
Pros
Free Clothes
Cons
We others drink, You work
Everything’s fine
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, INMay 11, 2018
It’s a really nice place to work at a lot of friendly people. And they generally seem like they care. They try to look out for your health and well-being and your family health an
Pros
Making you aware how to keep yourself healthy
Cons
Pushing you do as much as you can
Bad place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaApril 18, 2018
If they like you and you are white they let you advance and drive a forklift and treat you good. If they don't like you they put you in the tall towers and you will pick up HEAVY, HEAVY cased of beer and wine all day till your body gives out. Then they will get mad at you and say you aren't keeping up. Team leads and supervisors curse at you and talk to you disrespectful. They will also try to embarrass you to make you speed up. If you get injured they hold a grudge cause you are hurt and they stay short staffed. Ppl walk out daily.
Pros
Perks, benefits
Cons
Dangerous work
Relaxed place to work
Commercial Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2018
Relaxed environment with ample home time. Little room for advancement in certain departments and pay should be more competitive for CDL holders. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Four day work weeks
Cons
No room for advancement in my department.
Monarch
CLASS A DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2018
Work life balance and pto is very good for industry.
Job is very labor intensive. Injuries are rampant and people are getting major surgeries due to heavy lifting (more than 165 lbs) up and down stairs
Low level management is adequate. Transportation head is deficient at best in creating a quality working environment.
Benefits are average about 275 a month. High $5500 deductible for family.
Free clinic but drivers dont often get to utilize it because hours dont correspond with start and end times.
starting salary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2018
You come in and grab your route. Spend 5 minutes in the office and your gone. As a Driver you really don't get a good feel on what goes on in the building. Your route is designed to take 10 to 12 hours. The whole time your driving they are watching you with there dash cameras. (Don't brake any Rules) Three write ups and your fired. This job is very physical. They need to pay $22 and hour, so they can keep competitive. This will also increase the quality of drivers that are applying and fill those most needed spots. So this review is a polite way of telling you to raise the starting pay.
Pros
discounts, job security, 401k
Cons
starting pay, raises, health care, Cameras
Good people tough job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
Overall a good company but too many rules/regulation. Big brother is watching type of stuff. They have cameras in the trucks and they don't have any bonuses for safety, extra effort, ect.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
lots of hours
Great Place to Work
Graphic Arts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2017
Monarch is a great place to work. The culture is friendly and motivation. I have a great staff and team. Monarch provides for both my personal and professional development. I would recommend anyone to work there, as they really seem to care about their employees.
Pros
Creative control and trust in my position
Cons
Lack of advancement in my particular field
Great Company Overall
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2017
I loved this job! I worked in the warehouse. I loved how the supervisors did just as much work as anyone else. Everyone was very understanding and supportive of life situations. Most other employees work hard and get the job done. They give out beer samples occasionally. They have great benefits and attendance policies.
Cons
Hard to transfer shifts and third shift doesn't have a set shift.

Want to know more about Monarch Beverage Company?

Ask a question
Just don't work in delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2017
They don't have any concern for your family life, too much politics and favoritism. Throwing kegs took a major toll on my back as well. The owners/stockholders seemed very greedy, never enough profits.
Innovative work environment
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2017
This job involves hard labor and working long days with early morning. Job involves a lot of lifting and moving things so must be in shape. Other employees are easy to work with.
Great benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2017
Company takes good care of their employees. But you must have a real drive to succeed in this company. They do not appreciate any slacking of any sort.
Great Benefits horrible supervisors
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
I work the docks on 3rd shift and there was one particular manager who wasn't the supervisor but had his nose in everything. Even made racist comments! You can be there for years and they'll treat you as entry level with little respect.
Pros
Easy hire
Cons
they don't care about your family you will work christmas
Fast paced, fun work place. Independence
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 30, 2017
Monarch is a great place to work. The atmosphere is great. They just need work-life balance to be better. The pay is good and so are the benefits, but they ask their employees to work too much comparatively.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, work by yourself
Cons
no work-life balance. Not much help is given if needed
Job sucks
Warehouse/keg picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2016
Was there about 2 years and treated bad the last 6 lied to about everything . Got injured and was forced out. Hard worker didnt brown nose glad they got rid of me
Cons
Great company w/ good culure
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 14, 2015
Sometimes grueling labor where you are occasionally allowed to work overtime. Teamwork was a necessity here and I liked working the other employees.
Pros
Car stipend
Cons
Sometimes worked very long days
Pay not worth the hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisJune 26, 2015
Too many micro managers
Goals sometimes unobtainable
Not enough support
Understaffed
Promotions few and far between
Expectations of what is possible do not apply to what is possible
Pros
Beer
Cons
Hours
Can be fun at times, but will drain the life out of you...
Sales rep / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  indianapolisMay 2, 2014
You will invest you time and efforts.... and will receive little in return. This family owned company just got too big, lost sight of their mission and some of their principals ( ie # 9. providing for professional and personal growth)
Pros
great perks
Cons
have to know someone to get anywhere, efforts will go unnoticed, especially if you dont move up quickly
Great Indusrty and hard working people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2014
We planned our work and worked our plan, that was our day we had a goal big or small everyday. I learned a lot about sales and the business but learned more about myself and my potential. Anyone any where at any job can pick apart others and put blame but from top to bottom it is solid. Some of the hardest working, intelligent, and caring people you could ask to work with. This job isn't for the faint of heart, there are some long days and weird hours, some lifting and pulling, there is a lot of problem solving and apologizing even when its out of your hands. That being said you will go far if you can be patient, persevere, and don't swea the small stuff: its the beer industry!
Pros
People, perks, independent work enviroment
Cons
long days and weird hrs at times