Monarch Casino Black Hawk Employee Reviews

this job sucks run while you can.....
Maintenance department / engineering (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COJuly 23, 2019
upper management outside the department and HR is the absolute worst I've ever seen.... maintenance has gone thru more people than I can remember at least 20 people in 3-5 years.... this department is severely understaffed...... anywhere would be a better place to work... the second in command is where the problems lay within the department..... I took a job for less money just to leave....
Pros
free food
Cons
horrible environment to work, not worth the BS
Fun place to work at, its very comfortable, everyone it’s friendly
Server (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COJune 7, 2019
I like working there I think everyone was friendly well it all has to do withe the way you treat the coworkers . the money was great. Unfortunately The commute It was pretty far away and dangerous When it snows. But great place to work
Pros
Benefit are good, they work with your Schedule.
Cons
That you have to work holiday, I’m sure that’s all companies but I’m ok with it.
Stay away unless you like verbal abuse
Engineer 111 (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 30, 2019
Not worth the effort constantly changing your schedule can't ever plan anything the managers constantly talk down to you but have no idea how to the job themselves
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management that talks down to you
Company isnt bad. The commuication and department management sucks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COApril 9, 2019
If you like to work for a department who's manager allows human resources department to run F&B rather than him, then this is a place for you. Otherwise there are much better companies and opportunities out there. You're more likely to be thrown under the bus by your coworkers and staff.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
False promises, lack of adequate training, and no real support or communiation from your manager
Fun fast paced place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 17, 2018
The only downside to this job was it’s far into the mountains so the commute was extreme especially when there was snow or rain storms. Other than that super fun place to work.
Pros
Food
Cons
Short breaks and commute
Avoid working there.
anomonous (Former Employee) –  Blackhawk ColoradoSeptember 14, 2018
Not a very decent casino place to work for. You will have to do far more overload work in any department then is expected. If you have very fast professional time exceeding skills to any field of work in this casino, you will do fine but be paid for what you are really worth, before applying.
Pros
Transportation.
Cons
Poor management.
All options are open,if you are willing to work hard.
(PAH) housekeeping days. (Former Employee) –  Black hawk CO.May 8, 2018
The place was ok to work for. But when you start a job at Monarch casino, be ready to do more then is required, I learned a great skill in Housekeeping, The manager in that department is really nice. Workplace and working with others is ok, The hardest issues affecting the housekeeping department is a lack of keeping new workers. training is poor, and you will feel overworked, and very uncertain about the place. The most thing I really liked about the job is once you learn a skill, apply all your efforts, and maintain a sharp focus on your goals, You will do fine.
Pros
Good transportation.
Cons
Rude Security managers.
Fast paced fun place to work
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COFebruary 21, 2018
Count in main bank. Check ATM's and Kiosks to reload and balance. Check schedule for on coming cashiers. Check with management on new promotions. The hardest part of the job was coordinate time with security on filling kiosks. The most enjoyable time is spent helping out front line cashiers.
Pros
Management helpful with extra time off.
Cons
Salary cap on positions.
Positive working environment
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Blackhawk CONovember 30, 2017
Working at Monarch casino in Blackhawk Colorado was a very interesting experience. I was able to deal several games including blackjack, roulette, Paigow, Three Card Poker and dealers keep their own tips which is a great benefit. Also there is no smoking allowed so dealers can finally enjoy a smoke free working environment. The one big draw back is the long commute up the mountain especially during winter months. Employees are encouraged to ride employee bus and pay $4 a day round trip. Employees also can eat in buffet and are charged $3 per day for 1 meal. Over all it was a good experience however I did not like snow and cold weather.
Pros
Free lunch, keep own tips
Cons
Commute to mountains
Poor management
Pit Supervisor and table games dealer (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, CONovember 13, 2017
Most management is unqualified for the position they hold. It's about who you know and not your job skill or ability. Dangerous road conditions, with numerous fatalities, most of the year.
Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COMay 12, 2017
I loved working at monarch casino it was a really fast paced environment non stop for 10 hours I enjoyed the people I use to work with but management was pretty bad
Pros
Good money
Cons
No breaks
Fun work whit people
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Central City, COSeptember 25, 2016
No comment. Is really complicated , management no knowledge about what house keeping is about, not enough training , and human resources no idea about your rigths
Pros
Good friend on site
Cons
Bad managment