Monarch Healthcare Management Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
The Next Golden Living
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2018
Monarch was the worst company I've ever worked for. Job expectations for all employees are completely unrealistic. Pay for floor staff is horrible, with the exception of nursing, which is comparable to other companies in LTC. This company pretends to be innovative but it's all a show. They're just another Golden Living in sheep's clothing. They take over buildings that are falling apart and turn them into.... just kidding.... they do nothing. Monarch's idea of turning a profit is cutting positions. That's literally their only idea. There is no direction for this company, no budgets, and no ethics. Small minded corporate leaders and owners will ultimately lead to this company's demise. I feel for the employees working hard in the buildings each and every day.
Pros
Cons
Excessive hours, micromanagement, false promises, lack of direction
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback very seriously. We strive to provide great customer service to not only our residents and their families, but also our employees. Please reach out to our corporate HR department with more specific information so we can look into your concerns further.

Poor management
Culinary (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 19, 2018
I was hired to do a job and never giving the proper training. I was working 50+ a week. My schedule was changed many times to hours I never agreed to work. I was there for almost 4 months working 50+ hours a week and was denied time off for a personal matter.
Cons
Lack of employees, poor management
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. Please reach out to our corporate HR department and let us know which facility you were employed with. We have a great training program for all staff and we would like to ensure all of our facilities are training their staff properly.

Fun place to work with supportive corporate professionals
Social Services Director (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 15, 2018
I love the corporate social work support and recognition of value of social work in the geriatric field. Work environment is fun; relationships with co-workers and residents keep every day enjoyable. The work tasks are plentiful and fast-paced.
Employees seemed shackled.
TMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 17, 2018
At least 7.5 hours a day, plenty of forced overtime, four week notice for putting in time off requests (still denied), hot, smelly building. They believe people need to hear they are valued, but, people already know they're valued, and would rather not be brainwashed by this "establishment"... expect your role to expand, without monetary compensation. Expect policies that shackle highly qualified healthcare professionals, and an environment so dreadful and cut-throat, that people would rather walk off and earn tips as a server in the community. Uniform allowance is a union perk, everyone is sweaty, and the uniforms appear to look like a mechanic outfit. Leave the idea that they will respect your agenda in your own life- or your simple duties to be done professionally and independently, because they sure love clipboards, and checklists, and coaching, and grinning when you object to a new policy. Just say no...
Pros
Knowing where not to work, or place loved ones.
Cons
All of it.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience working with us. Uniform allowance is not just a Union perk, we do offer this benefit to all of our employees who work at least 1,000 hours and I apologize if this was not communicated. Customer service is a top priority of Monarch and we strive to ensure our residents are receiving quality care that exceeds their expectations. We do take all comments and concerns seriously and I encourage you to reach out to our corporate Human Resources Department so your concerns can be reviewed further.

Great place to work!
Occupational Health and Learning (Current Employee) –  Alexandria MNAugust 14, 2018
I've worked here for 14 years and loved everyday of it! I've advanced in my career, starting at a night nurse, going to PM nurse, and now I've been a manager for 11 years. Our staff are here for the right reasons-they love our residents and work well as a team. We have a great open door policy, where staff feel they can voice their comments and concerns.
I would bring my family here to live in a heartbeat-I know the staff take great care of the residents!
Our benefits package is pretty extensive; staff have lots of options to choose between insurance packages, dental, vision, 401K. There are even other options I don't even know about!
Pros
Residents, teamwork, vacation time accrued for everyone who works scheduled hours
Cons
401K is only matched by Monarch 2.5%
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy working for us.

Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 8, 2018
Work place was always short staffed nurses were rude they would be behind and take their frustration out on you some of the aides were just terrible they would half do their jobs they didn't know how to chart the only good thing about this job was the pay oh and the food they served to the residents look like dog food one more thing the facility didn't provide wipes so if a resident had a bm aides had to use towels
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staff

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Please reach out to corporate Human Resources, so your concerns can be followed up with accordingly.

Excellent Place to Work At
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 6, 2018
Excellent place to work at I love it I just don't like micro-management if you hire me know you trust me to get the job done. I go to work the time I am supposed to go I see my clients and attempt to build a rapport with them but its difficult if the Supervisor is providing the schedule for her workers and then check on them throughout the course of the week. You do not have to check on adults if you trust them to get the job done in a fashionable time. Train us and let us go
I always have fun when I am at work. Team works together, every steps up when needed.
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNJune 28, 2018
I enjoy working for Monarch. Usually a fun day, staff are easy to approach and makes my job easier. My supervisor is very kind and is a great listener. Lots of fun things to do for the staff, free food for appreciation. The residents are fun to care for too!
Pros
Decent pay, teamwork, kind staff
Cons
nothing
Horrible management in the childcare center.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 18, 2018
As a former employee of the childcare center I would not recommend seeking employment there. The director is irresponsible and unprofessional. I did not feel the support I should have. There were many things that were done at the center that were very unprofessional and ultimately just not right.
Pros
The children
Cons
Unprofessional work environment
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all comments very seriously. Monarch prides itself on a positive and professional image. Please reach out to corporate HR so your concerns can be followed up with.

They treat there aids like dogs. Never no thank you or anything!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 10, 2018
Poor management. Everyone is always so serious. No laughing or joking around ever. No teamwork at all. They will be fast to tell you your doing something wrong rather than tell thank you you're doing a great job. It's a horrible place to work. They literally treat you like garbage and expect you to work like a dog. Not a friendly environment at all. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Poor management for sure, co-workers are actually mean to you and nothing gets done about it!
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all comments seriously. Please reach out to corporate HR so that we can follow-up with your comments thoroughly.

Want to know more about Monarch Healthcare Management?

Ask a question
fun
Caregiver Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 7, 2018
loved working with the team as a team. loved my patients. Loved learning new things. loved that i could travel, not too far but got to do new things. enjoyed everything.
A lot of work for not a lot of money
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56001June 3, 2018
Learned how to accomplish high workloads in short time frame

Very friendly environment

engaging with the residents is always a highlight of my day.
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Crystal, MNMay 6, 2018
I Just Started working there and my bosses say I do great work. I do dishes, cook, serve, and clean up. I get to know all of the little quirks, that I love, about the residents.
Pros
We get to know the people
Cons
not free lunches
Overall good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNMay 4, 2018
At my specific location, I liked the management, the charge nurses weren't always the best at helping out the CNAs with things...I enjoyed my co-workers & the residents a lot...it was a good job.
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been forwarded to management.

toxic environment poor managers and not enough training
social work (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 2, 2018
Young, inexperienced managers, and administrators, no support when first starting and expected to do things that are not job related. Culture is poor
Pros
Cons
benefits, management culture, hours, no staff, poor training, no support
I thought it was a good place to work....
nursing (Former Employee) –  mankatoMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job and loved the staff and the people that I worked with until upper management got involved. Be very careful when talking to anyone from corp office. Record conversations and document everything. They will tell you one thing and tell someone else another. The corp office is full of backstabbers and if they don't like you because you are actually doing your job (and it might cost them a little money) You will be out the door.
Pros
the floor staff was like a family
Cons
Upper managment
Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 10, 2018
Poor management. Job that I was hired for was not what I was doing. They make a lot of promises that they can't keep. Only 10 days of orientation then on your own, sink or swim. Not about the quality of care just the quantity of patients. Some very hard working CNA's. Mandation policy was poor. Would never recommend working there or putting any of my family there.
Pros
good insurance coverage.
Cons
sometimes no lunch and never had a break.
Team is eager to learn, wants what is best for the facility and residents
RN (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MNApril 2, 2018
Monarch Health Care Management has been supportive in my role and if I have any questions I do reach out to my manager for direction. I love the team I am working with and we are making changes for the better for our residents and staff. We are making positive strides and pushing out the rotten apples. Monarch has been great to work for! I have no issues.
Pros
work well with the team
Cons
needs updated, new furniture to make it look like home.
Managment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 27, 2018
Management needs to work on helping everyone get a say instead of doing things around other staff members. Although I love the residents its the management that would push me over.
Pros
residents
Cons
managment
Great caring staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Parmly on the Lake, Chisago City, MNMarch 19, 2018
While any business that changes owners will have ups and downs when taking over and getting the lay of the land, Parmly on the lake has a great seasoned staff that provide excellent care for their residents. The residents come first. And with any company change can be hard. Monarch only has 3 months in and has given the staff the ability to continue what works, while giving suggestions for things that can work better that the staff may not have seen. Parmly is and continues to be the most caring facility for residents, and most employees will tell you how happy they are to be a part of this family, not only with the smiles on their faces, the excellent care they give their residents, but also personal testimonies on why this is an amazing place to work. Definitely a place worth checking out.
Pros
Great caring staff