Monarch Healthcare Management Employee Reviews

Staffing is always an issue as it is anywhere.
NAR (Current Employee) –  Delano, MNJanuary 30, 2019
Staffing is short everywhere including here. We need good employees who aren't afraid of working and aren't lazy. As long as you work hard you won't have any problems. Management does appreciate any extra effort you put in. The residents are great for the most part.
Pros
Pay is okay, residents appreciate the cares
Cons
No discipline for CNA's that call in frequently, have issues. Some of the nurses are great, others not so much, Wound cares should be better.
Horrible, horrible, horrible money grubbing, poorly run company!!!
anonymous (Current Employee) –  mnJanuary 26, 2019
Monarch corporate leadership has no respect for their employees and treat people horribly!! While reading the other reviews, their answer to everything is "contact our corporate HR department". Really??? That is almost laughable!! Their HR corporate staff are horrrible. If you go to them with a concern they will make your life miserable until you finally quit. Unprofessional and UNQUALIFIED to do their jobs!! They watch harassment occur on a daily basis and not only are they too unprofessional to recognize it, they actually encourage and participate in it. Their goal is to force long term employees to quit so they can replace them with people that will work for $10 an hour. The owners know how unprofessional they are and do nothing to stop it. They need a good "housecleaning" at the corporate level before they don't have any employees left!! Owners need to wake up!!!
Pros
none whatsoever
Cons
see review
Run very fast and far away from this place.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNJanuary 10, 2019
Monarch doesn't care about it's employees. Their administrator has zero personality, if you want anything other than a standard company answer don't talk to this guy. There is no moral fiber with this company
Pros
The residents
RN Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 5, 2019
Working with the residents is a so rewarding. Staff is awesome. Flexible scheduling is available. Pay is higher than other comparable companies. Friendly work environment
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Having to work holidays
great company!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 5, 2018
Amazing company. It was a great team to be a part of. The management was very compassionate about their patients and their employees. I never felt alone there, and always felt like I was part of a team that strove for success.
Horrible Get Rich Quick Company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 12, 2018
For profit company that is exactly that. The bottom line to them is money and NOT the elderly they claim to care about. Bare minimum is their best. Horrible company taking over as many nursing homes as they can to make money without concern for the LIVES they jeopardize. There are no PROS for Monarch. The people who work in these homes stay to care and protect the elders and they all are over worked and not appreciated by Monarch. If you have a monarch nursing home near you, vocalize the covered up neglect they inflict upon these homes they bought for profit and help the people doing hands on care that choose to stay for the people who live in these homes.
Pros
Cons
For profit by someone with a get rich quick scheme
October 15, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews and comments very seriously. Please reach out to our corporate HR department and explain your concerns further. We would like to look at the facility that you are referring to. We are always seeking ways to improve our services and facilities.

Fast pace, resident cares a priority
nurse (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNOctober 11, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Monarch the last couple of years. The facility I work at the team are kind, compassionate and truly care about each other. The residents are happy and the food here is excellent! Staff are so caring and the residents we care for are wonderful.
Monarch always has a fun work enviroment and activities for staff monthly. Our administrator takes good care of us!
Pros
food, plenty of hours to pick up, staffing levels are great!
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We love to hear when our facilities are doing great things for both residents & staff!

The Next Golden Living
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2018
Monarch was the worst company I've ever worked for. Job expectations for all employees are completely unrealistic. Pay for floor staff is horrible, with the exception of nursing, which is comparable to other companies in LTC. This company pretends to be innovative but it's all a show. They're just another Golden Living in sheep's clothing. They take over buildings that are falling apart and turn them into.... just kidding.... they do nothing. Monarch's idea of turning a profit is cutting positions. That's literally their only idea. There is no direction for this company, no budgets, and no ethics. Small minded corporate leaders and owners will ultimately lead to this company's demise. I feel for the employees working hard in the buildings each and every day.
Pros
Cons
Excessive hours, micromanagement, false promises, lack of direction
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback very seriously. We strive to provide great customer service to not only our residents and their families, but also our employees. Please reach out to our corporate HR department with more specific information so we can look into your concerns further.

Poor management
Culinary (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 19, 2018
I was hired to do a job and never giving the proper training. I was working 50+ a week. My schedule was changed many times to hours I never agreed to work. I was there for almost 4 months working 50+ hours a week and was denied time off for a personal matter.
Cons
Lack of employees, poor management
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. Please reach out to our corporate HR department and let us know which facility you were employed with. We have a great training program for all staff and we would like to ensure all of our facilities are training their staff properly.

Fun place to work with supportive corporate professionals
Social Services Director (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 15, 2018
I love the corporate social work support and recognition of value of social work in the geriatric field. Work environment is fun; relationships with co-workers and residents keep every day enjoyable. The work tasks are plentiful and fast-paced.
Employees seemed shackled.
TMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 17, 2018
At least 7.5 hours a day, plenty of forced overtime, four week notice for putting in time off requests (still denied), hot, smelly building. They believe people need to hear they are valued, but, people already know they're valued, and would rather not be brainwashed by this "establishment"... expect your role to expand, without monetary compensation. Expect policies that shackle highly qualified healthcare professionals, and an environment so dreadful and cut-throat, that people would rather walk off and earn tips as a server in the community. Uniform allowance is a union perk, everyone is sweaty, and the uniforms appear to look like a mechanic outfit. Leave the idea that they will respect your agenda in your own life- or your simple duties to be done professionally and independently, because they sure love clipboards, and checklists, and coaching, and grinning when you object to a new policy. Just say no...
Pros
Knowing where not to work, or place loved ones.
Cons
All of it.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience working with us. Uniform allowance is not just a Union perk, we do offer this benefit to all of our employees who work at least 1,000 hours and I apologize if this was not communicated. Customer service is a top priority of Monarch and we strive to ensure our residents are receiving quality care that exceeds their expectations. We do take all comments and concerns seriously and I encourage you to reach out to our corporate Human Resources Department so your concerns can be reviewed further.

Great place to work!
Occupational Health and Learning (Current Employee) –  Alexandria MNAugust 14, 2018
I've worked here for 14 years and loved everyday of it! I've advanced in my career, starting at a night nurse, going to PM nurse, and now I've been a manager for 11 years. Our staff are here for the right reasons-they love our residents and work well as a team. We have a great open door policy, where staff feel they can voice their comments and concerns.
I would bring my family here to live in a heartbeat-I know the staff take great care of the residents!
Our benefits package is pretty extensive; staff have lots of options to choose between insurance packages, dental, vision, 401K. There are even other options I don't even know about!
Pros
Residents, teamwork, vacation time accrued for everyone who works scheduled hours
Cons
401K is only matched by Monarch 2.5%
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy working for us.

Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 8, 2018
Work place was always short staffed nurses were rude they would be behind and take their frustration out on you some of the aides were just terrible they would half do their jobs they didn't know how to chart the only good thing about this job was the pay oh and the food they served to the residents look like dog food one more thing the facility didn't provide wipes so if a resident had a bm aides had to use towels
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staff

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Please reach out to corporate Human Resources, so your concerns can be followed up with accordingly.

Excellent Place to Work At
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 6, 2018
Excellent place to work at I love it I just don't like micro-management if you hire me know you trust me to get the job done. I go to work the time I am supposed to go I see my clients and attempt to build a rapport with them but its difficult if the Supervisor is providing the schedule for her workers and then check on them throughout the course of the week. You do not have to check on adults if you trust them to get the job done in a fashionable time. Train us and let us go
I always have fun when I am at work. Team works together, every steps up when needed.
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNJune 28, 2018
I enjoy working for Monarch. Usually a fun day, staff are easy to approach and makes my job easier. My supervisor is very kind and is a great listener. Lots of fun things to do for the staff, free food for appreciation. The residents are fun to care for too!
Pros
Decent pay, teamwork, kind staff
Cons
nothing
Horrible management in the childcare center.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 18, 2018
As a former employee of the childcare center I would not recommend seeking employment there. The director is irresponsible and unprofessional. I did not feel the support I should have. There were many things that were done at the center that were very unprofessional and ultimately just not right.
Pros
The children
Cons
Unprofessional work environment
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all comments very seriously. Monarch prides itself on a positive and professional image. Please reach out to corporate HR so your concerns can be followed up with.

They treat there aids like dogs. Never no thank you or anything!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 10, 2018
Poor management. Everyone is always so serious. No laughing or joking around ever. No teamwork at all. They will be fast to tell you your doing something wrong rather than tell thank you you're doing a great job. It's a horrible place to work. They literally treat you like garbage and expect you to work like a dog. Not a friendly environment at all. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Poor management for sure, co-workers are actually mean to you and nothing gets done about it!
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all comments seriously. Please reach out to corporate HR so that we can follow-up with your comments thoroughly.

fun
Caregiver Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 7, 2018
loved working with the team as a team. loved my patients. Loved learning new things. loved that i could travel, not too far but got to do new things. enjoyed everything.
A lot of work for not a lot of money
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56001June 3, 2018
Learned how to accomplish high workloads in short time frame

Very friendly environment

engaging with the residents is always a highlight of my day.
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Crystal, MNMay 6, 2018
I Just Started working there and my bosses say I do great work. I do dishes, cook, serve, and clean up. I get to know all of the little quirks, that I love, about the residents.
Pros
We get to know the people
Cons
not free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Healthcare Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8