Monarch Healthcare Management Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Horrible management in the childcare center.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 18, 2018
As a former employee of the childcare center I would not recommend seeking employment there. The director is irresponsible and unprofessional. I did not feel the support I should have. There were many things that were done at the center that were very unprofessional and ultimately just not right.
Pros
The children
Cons
Unprofessional work environment
They treat there aids like dogs. Never no thank you or anything!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 10, 2018
Poor management. Everyone is always so serious. No laughing or joking around ever. No teamwork at all. They will be fast to tell you your doing something wrong rather than tell thank you you're doing a great job. It's a horrible place to work. They literally treat you like garbage and expect you to work like a dog. Not a friendly environment at all. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Poor management for sure, co-workers are actually mean to you and nothing gets done about it!
fun
Caregiver Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 7, 2018
loved working with the team as a team. loved my patients. Loved learning new things. loved that i could travel, not too far but got to do new things. enjoyed everything.
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Crystal, MNMay 6, 2018
I Just Started working there and my bosses say I do great work. I do dishes, cook, serve, and clean up. I get to know all of the little quirks, that I love, about the residents.
Pros
We get to know the people
Cons
not free lunches
Overall good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNMay 4, 2018
At my specific location, I liked the management, the charge nurses weren't always the best at helping out the CNAs with things...I enjoyed my co-workers & the residents a lot...it was a good job.
toxic environment poor managers and not enough training
social work (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 2, 2018
Young, inexperienced managers, and administrators, no support when first starting and expected to do things that are not job related. Culture is poor
Pros
Cons
benefits, management culture, hours, no staff, poor training, no support
I thought it was a good place to work....
nursing (Former Employee) –  mankatoMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job and loved the staff and the people that I worked with until upper management got involved. Be very careful when talking to anyone from corp office. Record conversations and document everything. They will tell you one thing and tell someone else another. The corp office is full of backstabbers and if they don't like you because you are actually doing your job (and it might cost them a little money) You will be out the door.
Pros
the floor staff was like a family
Cons
Upper managment
Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 10, 2018
Poor management. Job that I was hired for was not what I was doing. They make a lot of promises that they can't keep. Only 10 days of orientation then on your own, sink or swim. Not about the quality of care just the quantity of patients. Some very hard working CNA's. Mandation policy was poor. Would never recommend working there or putting any of my family there.
Pros
good insurance coverage.
Cons
sometimes no lunch and never had a break.
Team is eager to learn, wants what is best for the facility and residents
RN (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MNApril 2, 2018
Monarch Health Care Management has been supportive in my role and if I have any questions I do reach out to my manager for direction. I love the team I am working with and we are making changes for the better for our residents and staff. We are making positive strides and pushing out the rotten apples. Monarch has been great to work for! I have no issues.
Pros
work well with the team
Cons
needs updated, new furniture to make it look like home.
Managment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 27, 2018
Management needs to work on helping everyone get a say instead of doing things around other staff members. Although I love the residents its the management that would push me over.
Pros
residents
Cons
managment
Great caring staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Parmly on the Lake, Chisago City, MNMarch 19, 2018
While any business that changes owners will have ups and downs when taking over and getting the lay of the land, Parmly on the lake has a great seasoned staff that provide excellent care for their residents. The residents come first. And with any company change can be hard. Monarch only has 3 months in and has given the staff the ability to continue what works, while giving suggestions for things that can work better that the staff may not have seen. Parmly is and continues to be the most caring facility for residents, and most employees will tell you how happy they are to be a part of this family, not only with the smiles on their faces, the excellent care they give their residents, but also personal testimonies on why this is an amazing place to work. Definitely a place worth checking out.
Pros
Great caring staff
Great People, Poor Management
clinical (Current Employee) –  mankatoMarch 11, 2018
not sure how, but monarch had attracted a lot of wonderful potential employees the past year, all ended up leaving due to management literally backing/saving the very worst nurses and overworking and abusing the nurses who pick up the slack. the training/orientation system is awful, hope you know your stuff or are a good guesser.. monthly meetings are suppose to bring every one in the loop, but in reality you sit at a table in front of corporate and all your questions automatically make you stupid. been here fora long time and might just have to get my resume back out and start updating the turnover rate is awful. HaS he ability to be a fine facility, however lacks. Lots of gossip and "telephone" talk. I overheard a lot talk from two women in nursing for the corporate office about almodt each nurse personally very bitter and petty with lots of favoritism. Shame how a few bad apples with lots of power can shape a facility.
Pros
Pay, vacation, majority of understaff
Cons
No breaks long hours and say goodbye to your family
Stay away from Monarch Parmly on the Lake!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNMarch 7, 2018
As an employee, I have to say that I am very disappointed with Monarch's management of Parmly in Chisago City. The management team, including the DON, HR employees, and scheduler treat the nursing staff with no respect. Because of this lack of respect, this facility can not keep their CNAs or nurses. Many staff members have left because they do not feel valued as employees. The remaining staff members are burnt out, mainly because of Parmly's ridiculous mandation policy. Many CNA's, especially on evening and night shift, are forced to work 16 hour days, and could have their employment terminated if they refuse. Management also picks favorites and will change company policy day to day in order to fulfill their needs. I would steer clear from working for this company, and I would also not recommend anyone to send their loved one to this facility. Monarch has changed all hygiene products over to the cheapest product they can find, and this negatively impacts the health of the residents. Though this issue has been brought up many times to management, employees are told to "deal with it". Parmly does not care about their employees or residents. Stay away!!
Pros
The pay.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun, growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement
Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNMarch 5, 2018
I am able to work independently, make my own decisions, and never feel micromanaged. The company is still small enough that I feel corporate values me as an administrator. I've had the opportunity to help with mock survey and policy/procedure development. I appreciate the opportunities provided for advancement. The best part of my job is getting to work with all of the staff to provide quality care to our residents and tenants.
Pros
Independence, feeling appreciated, enhancing the lives of our residents/tenants.
fun, positive, great ideas
RN (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNMarch 5, 2018
I have worked for Monarch less than a year and so far so good for me. I enjoy working for this team who have a vision for moving forward is great! Monarch is energetic and what is best for their buildings and leadership team. It will take time to get the buildings organized and to set realistic goals, but in time it will all work out!
Pros
co workers, employee parties, supervisors are great!
Cons
flooring could use some updating, allow for more off site training to staff
Worst company ever
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Estates of RosevilleMarch 3, 2018
All they care about is the bottom line. They hire inexperienced people to replace seasoned employees to save money. Now we have all these new employees that have no clue how to do their job. Everyone is looking for new jobs just to get out of there.
Love working for Monarch! Fun staff and the owners are full of energy and drive!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Delano, MNMarch 1, 2018
Monarch Health Care Management is doing great things within the long term care buildings. There is great support from upper management but directors need to be reminded to accept recommendations and make their building top notch! Customer Ssrvice is priority with Monarch! And I love working for this company. Thank you Monsrch!
Pros
Energetic leadership, family feel
Cons
Building is outdated. Needs painting, New furniture to make our families feel like home.
Micromanagement HealthCare
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 28, 2018
Be ready for back stabbing, secrets from above, work HARDER with less, and lots of surprises. It was wonderful at one point but money hunger gets in front of anything. All about the green.
Pros
Moderately flexible
Cons
Poor UPPER management
Family Oriented
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNFebruary 21, 2018
The owners love their jobs and are overflowing with enthusiasm. The managers are hands on and lead with their hearts. This is the best place to work, especially in the Alexandria area.
Pros
Scholarships
Cons
Cold in MN
Great, fun and enjoyable working atmosphere at Monarch Bethany on the Lake in Alexandria MN
RN MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNFebruary 21, 2018
I love working at Bethany on the lake. We have a great team of staff that work together to care for the residents in their home. I enjoy my job and the commitment we all have to taking care of the residents to the best of our ability. We also have an amazing short term rehab unit that has the feel of the hospital without the critically ill. This is a great job for people who are needing experience with patient care and relying on you're nursing education. Many great experiences as a nurse such as trachs, IV's, lab draws, medications and much, much more!!
Pros
great PTO, community of support and flexible shifts