Monarch Healthcare Employee Reviews

laid off
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 13, 2018
Found the new corporation to not be supportive of staff and focus appeared to be on the bottom line rather than staff and resident support. I was laid off due to corporate restructuring.
Expanding company
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 12, 2018
Expanding too quickly for its own good. Lack of process and procedures make work stressful and difficult as you never know where you stand with management. Often experienced "overkill" reactions to simple problems from corporate level management that should have been left at the local level.
Pros
Small company - everyone knows each other, first name basis with CEO
Cons
Small company - few resources and policy compared to large company
Great work environment w/ awesome benefits!
DISEASE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 24, 2018
I loved working at Monarch! I only left because I had a difficult pregnancy and subsequent premature delivery. Management there prides themselves on delivering patient AND employee satisfaction which speaks volumes about the work culture there. Benefits are awesome and the employees are supportive of each other. It reall felt like a work family.
Pros
Great benefits & awesome work environment
Cons
I'm no longer there :(
Very laid back
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Monarch HealthCare is a very laid back place to work. They do not nit pick if you are 5-10 minutes late, as long as you communicate with your supervisor. Very lenient on vacation time or sick days. The management depends on what department you are in. My immediate supervisor was great, very knowledgeable! The upper management seems very detached. The Medical Director in charge of our small department did not even know our names or where we sat in the building. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Monarch HealthCare, it was very easy and slow paced as long as you can prioritize your work. Also, they provide the option to work from home!
The only real cons I have is there is not much room for advancement. All upper management are certified in the medical field. Whether that be an MD, RN, LVN etc. So in order to move up you basically need to become a nurse or higher.
Pros
Slow paced, easy going
Cons
Detached upper management, benefits are iffy
Total waste of time to work. Current employee ready to leave
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 18, 2018
I am so ready to leave. When they received Joint Commission accreditation the agency went down hill. As a manager I feel like they unfair treatment is spreading like a virus. They are marginalizing our staff and not allowing some people to advance. Race should not place a part in advancement. My hands hands are tied before the head office is in Albermarle. Yes empty one stop light Albermarle. Can't wait to leave.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
No advancement unless you're family or not from a marginalized population
Great Collaborative team
EHR Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2018
The team I worked within was great - our manager was very collaborative yet let us work at our own pace. Most of the team was new and we were just launching a new PM and EMR application - which we all learned at our own pace - although I was sent out in the field to implement the PM application at two practices a little before I was comfortable but the results were excellent.
Pros
Great Team
Greatest Company Ever!
Lead Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 9, 2017
Through all the jobs i have worked at, I found working at Monarch Healthcare to be the most rewarding computer.

The company really cares about their employees and while I was there I was able to grow in my career and move up. I learned more and was challenged in a way that made me feel content along with moving forward.
Pros
Growth, advancement, benefits
Cons
Laid off
Monarach relocated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618October 27, 2017
Company relocated that is why I left. Company is ok to work at. Each job you usually get the same everywhere you go. Bosses talk to you wrong because they have a title behind their names
Pros
Early hours
Productive and Fun workplace.. NO STRESS
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2017
This company which is partnered through United health care now, was one of the best companies I have worked with. how they conduct business and treat their employees definitely is what has kept me with UHC
Great place to grow and learn
Medical Program Manager. Duties (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 13, 2017
Monarch was a great place to learn new skills. Employees were encouraged to cross train and to always be open to new tasks. Monarch also provided a good work life balance; particularly for families with special need kids.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Bought out by another company
Nice place to work
Technical Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 20, 2017
Friendly staff, good management, strong social obligation. Most managers prefer to train employees and advance employees over hiring new employees. Good benefits.
Medical Records Coordinator
Medical Records /Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2017
My day was very busy everyday pulling medical records among other things. Good management team in most departments. Great work environment very friendly. They sponsored a lot of fundraiser activities that were fun and lots of luncheons.
It's Ok
Behavior Healthcare Specialist V (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2017
Pros: Pay is relatively high for the area; the employees are extremely friendly and helpful

Cons: Department Heads are not qualified to work in behavioral health; Department Heads micromanage and have questionable ethics telling people what diagnoses to use on patients even while not seeing the patient but based on numbers etc.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No PTO or Sick Days for first 60 days. If you get sick during those days, they dock your pay.
office environment
Capitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 19, 2017
excel worksheets, provider assistance, answering phones, Monday thru Friday, cutting checks, filing reports, data entry, provider meetings, office environment
aring people who are dedicated and have excellent work ethics.
Senior IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2017
Great, caring people who are dedicated and have excellent work ethics. Learn quite a bit and people are very nice.People are very respectful and you your work is appreciated.
Pros
Great, caring people who are dedicated and have excellent work ethics.
Cons
No Cons
chaotic
Title Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MIJanuary 26, 2017
enjoyed working with coworkers, drug reps loved helping the patients extremely long wait times for patients to be seen most of the time we did not get breaks unless we had a drug rep lunch
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized nothing ever done the same way
Awesome coworkers, but too many hours
RN (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 23, 2016
Had to work endless hours extra r/t short staffing. Management was not very sympathetic or experienced. Turnover was huge because everyone was burned out.
A great work environment with supportive MD/CEO's.
Ambulatory Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 2, 2016
* Typical day: Processing referrals, consulting Case Managers, always encourage to learn and search the internet, working closely with Provider Relations staff.
* Learned: prioritization, how to best utilize my own personal UM Coordinator----she was the best!
* Great co-workers.
* Hardest duties: Denial letters.
* Most enjoyable: Team support and encouragement, multiple great UM manager's, events at work with food, games, entertainment and even a dress for success fashion show!
Pros
Encouragement to learn, no undue pressure from management.
Cons
The 405 commute, it's out of control.
An excellent company and excellent people.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Monarch Healthcare. It was a fantastic work environment. From top down there was a commitment to their patients, their providers and their employees to deliver the best.
Pros
Great people, Helping patients, growing, excellent management, good benefits
Productive & positive work place to work
Account Executive/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CaAugust 20, 2015
Productive & positive work place to work & learn. It is an environment to learn for individuals who are self starters & motivated to work hard.