Monarch Investment and Management Group Employee Reviews

Growth Has Become an Issue
Regional Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 13, 2018
This company was great to work for, however, the room for growth was limited. Communication was a major issue in different aspects throughout my employment with Monarch. Internal staffing and leadership issues from corporate staffing downward. Monarch is a great place for a newer, less seasoned marketing professional.
Great compant to work for.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COMay 21, 2018
Could use a little less micro managing. Had a wonderful 8 years of employment they have made me a better employee and showed me that it takes a teambto run a fine oiled machine. Lots ofbroom growth at MIMG.
Extremely unprofessional management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 21, 2018
Immediate management is absolutely ubsurd. Not sure if regional management is much better though. They don’t respect anyone. Conversations are had at inappropriate times and in front of the wrong people. gossip gossip GOSSIP! Just catty women with nothing better to do. Training is horrid, you might as well be ready to train yourself.
Monarch manager sucks
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 13, 2018
The main office in Colorado knows that the regional manager in my state sucks and will not do anything about it,,it’s way better jobs than this one,,, cut throat central and kiss butts.... woukd be a way better job if they got rid of regional
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Monarch is a tough employer
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 2, 2018
Overwhelming workload with little upper management support, lots of employee turnover. No work/life balance. Very fast-paced, with little time to think and make proper decisions. Too many meetings absorb valuable action time.
Wonderful group to work for!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 25, 2018
I was very happy working for this company. I only wish they had a property in Texas that I could transfer to. I worked under the best reginoal manager that I could have ever asked for. My team on site was one of the best! I will never forget this group of employees! I encorage anyone to join the company!
Pros
Great training!
Stressful, cut throat environment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 23, 2018
open up the office
prepare paper work show/lease units
management was poor and not very well organized. Property has gone down hill since new owners took over. seemed like they were about the dollar instead of the residents. office staff was not a team. you felt on your own. it was pretty chaotic. I stayed as long as i did due to not wanting to leave my residents. I learned a lot through the old company that had the property but only some with this new company. I taught myself a lot. There was not much room to grow. Only thing i enjoyed was being the one my residents trusted.
Pros
good residents
Cons
bad management
Compensation is wonderful
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 13, 2018
There are regular monthly, quarterly, and annual bonuses. We receive bonuses for maintenance, renewals, move ins, delinquency, noi, quarter, effort, and various others. There is a big issue with communication here, where regional/area managers do not care to listen to issues on the on-site level, but care more about the income brought in. If you are meeting all of your financial and maintenance goals, they get very finicky about minor details. There is not a good relationship with vendors due to invoice issues, and the company would rather find new vendors, residents, employees than to work on the issues at hand. Training is almost non-existent, and punishment will occur if you do not understand something that was not explained to you. The company does not approve necessary upgrades when it is damaging the units/lives of residents; ex. roofing issues, plumbing, hygiene, etc. This company requires a lot of patience, but if you can stick it out, you will be financially satisfied.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Resident/employment retention
its a work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
at first this job was perfect but slowly with new hires it became a toxic work environment the job itself is good and has room to learn but too many payroll mistakes and bad attitude did not work for me
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
bad company management
Horrible, Stressful
Office (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Management expects you to do miracles on the properties. You are not appreciated management is rude, and don't care at all. There is a lot of favoritism. I wish Corp would come on site level and have a talk to their employees to see what is really going on, and ask how their manager is. You will have 5-7 different bosses pointing you in all different directions. Too many hands in the pot, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Stay away!!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Micro managing, no lunches, dont care about residents
Monarch Investment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
The company is an okay company to work for. There is a lot of unprofessionalism that goes around such as gossiping and favoritism. If you are looking for advancement within the company this may not be the company for you. Great company to start with. Constantly changing things, fast-paced and growing.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairborn ohioJanuary 18, 2018
Do not work here, this was one of the worst places I've ever worked for many different reasons . low pay, no room to grow, and no direction from managers. Every property they run the maintenance is horrible, and only managers get paid well. Keep looking, you'll find something better than this place trust me
Pros
Cons
Managment will lie to you and co workers will steal from you anf try to get ahead of you by lying .
Terrible management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 12, 2018
I am a manager for this company and upper management is disrespectful to employees, no job sercurity, lack of training, no compassion and the list goes on. Currently seeking new employment
Your best is not good enough
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2018
You and your coworkers can push themselves to the very maximum and still get write-ups and feel like you are always on the verge of getting let go. Very high stressed job. I would not recommend. Short staffed consistently due to high turnover recently.
alright
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COJanuary 2, 2018
Not to bad, fun balance, fun culture. people are fun but they favor employees over another and advancement and pay is not as high as other places. overall it ok
Pros
freedom
Cons
payment or benefits arent as great as other places
Don't work here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 29, 2017
Horrible place from management to the top. They will let you go for no reason. There is always new managers and supervisors that want to change everything.
Cons
Go elsewhere, you will thank yourself in the long run
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 16, 2017
Stay away from this company, trust me. They don't care about you to them it's all about the money. I would bend myself backwards for this company at first. Only to realize and see is they don't care about you nor will never notice your hardwork. The property manager and regional just want to make money. They don't care about keeping the good employees they have. As you can see in the Kansas City area they are always hiring. If you like to be micro managed than this might be the place for you.
Pros
Nothing besides decent insurance
Good Environment. Staff is fun. Lots of responsibility and paperwork
Leasing Agent/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNDecember 12, 2017
On your typical day you usually hit the ground running. There is lots of paperwork, follow-ups, online postings, phone calls to be made, etc. I mean, 99% of the job is to meet/deal with people. Interested prospects or current residents. So, naturally things will come up, which leads to putting aside your current work to deal with the situation at hand, which leads to falling behind. I wouldn't say that its a hard job, but it easily gets on top of you if anything unexpected comes up (which happens a lot).
Pros
Fun Staff, Plenty of company activities throughout the year
Cons
No breaks only lunch, lots of responsibility and chasing people
fast paced, fun working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 29, 2017
I love this company. I am simply looking to advance my career as a property manager. This is a company that people don't just leave. This makes it hard for me to become a property manager. The workplace environment is great. Management is very fair and always willing to listen. The most enjoyable part of this job is the residents. It's extremely gratifying being able to make someones home life as pleasurable as possible.
down sized
Culinary Director (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 14, 2017
I had to leave because of company counting money instead of ######
didn't have a choice then cutting pay in half then lost my manager role only to be a cook
Pros
liked dierecting staff and clinical
Cons
many hours worked with out pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Investment and Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.