Monarch Investment and Management Group Employee Reviews

Awful Experience
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 31, 2018
The company over all can be very organized and perfessional but the employees were horrible. Spent most days gossiping and not getting anything done. My manager mostly sat in the office all day and barely spoke with residents who were clearly upset. Manager was not helpful to leasing agents. Staff would make rude comments that made me uncomfortable. Decided to leave due to stress, conflict with manager and politics.
Pros
Great pay, good hours, benefits
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, rude behavior
December 3, 2018

Leasing Consultant: It makes me sad to think about how you didn’t have the best experience you could have at Monarch. Sometimes it’s hard to know what our supervisors are doing as we may not fully understand their role. There is a lot that goes into the back end of running a multifamily community. I wish you would have reached out to HR or others to voice your concerns as we foster great working environments for all who are part of the team.

I wish you the best in your journey.
Monarch Investment Associate

Large, growing company that successfully maintains small company mentality!
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 1, 2018
Monarch Investment is the kind of company you want to retire with! Management and leadership are strong and also very supportive. Even though Monarch is growing and expanding, the company still maintains that 'small company' mentality, where you are not treated like a number, but instead are shown appreciation, as well as your true value to the organization! I feel like a part of the Monarch family rather than just an employee on their payroll. Monarch provides a great work and family life balance, so you are never made to feel like you cannot have a life outside of the workplace. You are trusted to do your work and do it well, rather than micromanaged. They also truly promote growth opportunities for their internal employees, giving their team the chance to further themselves from within. I wish I did not have to leave the company, but will be relocating to an area where Monarch does not have nearby offices. I only wish I could continue to pursue my career with this fantastic organization, but only hope that one day I am in an area or location where I can return to this fantastic organization! By far the BEST company I have EVER worked for.
Pros
Growth opportunity, great work/family life balance, strong leadership
Cons
None!
November 30, 2018

Thank you for the nice review!
We try have to take care of everyone!

bad regionals
Leasing (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 22, 2018
this company is all about working you to the bone with little to no thanks. horrible regional managers that love to berate you when a property is doing poorly but won't offer a life saver when you reach out to ask for help. they choose favorites. if you can manage to avoid getting on the bad side of any of them, you'll be lucky enough to work yourself crazy with no pay raise
Pros
Cons
no support, micro managing
September 28, 2018

Leasing, it saddens me that you feel this way. Kathy Nicolls, Employee Relations Director/Owner has been developing an Employee Relations department for the sole purpose of ensuring people are recognized, thanked and appreciated.

Nothing is ever perfect but without getting feedback from people like you it is hard to improve. I highly encourage you to share your thoughts with your Regional, Asset Manager or if you feel you can’t then reach out to Monarchs HR partner Peliton/Aureon so we can make address any issues.

Monarch Investment Associate

MIMG Is Literally The BEST Company!
Leasing & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2018
I've always worked retail, as I love customer relations. I will also say I've never worked in the Property Management industry before, but I joined Monarch and fell completely in love. Never have I ever had a job that I actually enjoy going in to work everyday!
Monarch took me under it's wing and not only gave me a job, but showed me the potential I had. This company allowed me to take that potential and turn it into something I never new I would love and enjoy doing so much!
I absolutely L.O.V.E. my job and Monarch Investment & Management Group!
Micromanaging at its worst
Painter (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2018
It was hard working here. Manager knew absolutely nothing about painting but wanted to tell you how to paint, did not provide primer or proper material. If your car broke down they still wanted you to come to work. Tried to make you work around other people working and get done faster than what was possible. Hour long lunches and relative freedom was the only good part. Pay was ridiculously low.
Pros
Hour lunches, little supervision
Cons
pay is exploitative, management tried to micromanage and tell you how to do your trade.
December 3, 2018

Painter, sorry you felt this way. Multifamily housing is a fast paced industry which requires people who can work side by side with other team members to get apartments ready quickly, efficiently and at the highest quality possible.

It is unfortunate that your car broke down but I hope you understand any employer is going to expect that you find an alternative way to work and show up when scheduled.

Wish you the best,
Monarch Investment Associate

Awesome staff at all levels! Always reaching out to the community through events such as food/blood drives, adopt a pet programs, etc.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 5, 2018
Very satisfied with my experience at Monarch, not only as an employee, but a resident as well. I highly recommend this management company for a place of employment, or a new place to live for anyone. Excellent staff, at local and corporate levels.
Pros
Competive wages, community outreach programs
Cons
Unthoughtful/Unclean tenants
Temporary groundskeeper, really enjoyed the job and worked with great people
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 4, 2018
I worked as a temporary groundskeeper in the Fort Collins area. The staff was great and the work was suitable for the job. They were more than willing to help me with anything I needed and they were able to help me with career advancement as well.
Horrible management and disgusting work conditions
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 4, 2018
Tool reimbursement is a flat out lie. You aren't eligible until after 90 days but you are required to have thousands of dollars worth of tools and equipment before even receiving your first measly paycheck.
Pros
Cons
extremely poor management
September 28, 2018

Maintenance Tech, I am sorry that you feel this way. Like most benefits at any company, the tool reimbursement is available to employees after 90/days, which doesn’t make it a “flat out lie”. Not too many companies even offer this for which Monarch pays up to $400 per year towards your tools depending on how long you work for us.

Monarch Investment Associate

Unrealistic expectations and no help when needed
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 5, 2018
They expect you to stay at a drop of a hat but than don't want to pay over time. They get upset about a bad customer reviews but won't do anything to fix the problems.
Pros
Health insurance, hour lunch
Cons
Management, pay, hours, short staffed, unrealistic expectations, commissions
September 28, 2018

Leasing Specialist, our goal is to provide the best experience for both our employees and our customers. Sorry you didn’t feel you were part of that. Monarch has digital time clocks to ensure that all employees are paid overtime when applicable. Please contact Monarchs HR partner Peliton/Aureon to discuss your concerns.

Loved It
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXOctober 9, 2018
I have loved working for Monarch. I began with them as part time and never felt that I wasn't valued. I always received the training that was necessary or needed without feeling like I was inadequate at my job. I love how much they try to promote from within and they truly care about their employees. They also offer two programs where you can get more than just your normal pay. You can have Personal Investment and/or be in the MEPP's program. I am very thankful for Monarch and everything they have done for me the past four years.
Not bad atmosphere, low pay
Operations Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pocono, PAAugust 2, 2018
Work mainly by yourself. Lots of free time but pay is not good and upper management can be demanding. Some things aren't explained enough but you are expected to know.
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Pay
September 28, 2018

Operations Property Manager, Monarch is a privately owned company with an entrepreneurial approach. Unlike many of our peers that get bogged down with corporate bureaucracy, we empower our people to take initiatives and give them the flexibility to get it done! This model isn’t for everyone. I hope you found a great career path in your current journey.

Best so Far!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 19, 2018
I am writing this as a current employee and as one who knows that people generally do not leave reviews when they are satisfied. Most reviews you see online are written as one last jab after an unpleasant experience. I feel that after all the awesome experiences I have had working for this company, this is the least I can do.

I have never worked for a company that invests more into the success of their employees. Soon after starting with Monarch I was introduced to some of the analysts and the asset manager and was very impressed with their willingness to talk with and educate me on the business when I was still so new to the industry as a whole. They were all very friendly and approachable. I never felt nervous around them.

I have now been with Monarch for a little more than 18 months and am still in awe of the consistent generosity that has become a hallmark of daily life. It should be known that there are lofty goals and very high expectations for performance. If you are not one who comes to work to work, then this is not the place for you. It is challenging work and there are stressful days but if you have real grit, then the challenges are more than worth the payoff in the end.
Best Company Ever
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Haslett, MIAugust 3, 2018
I would have stayed the rest of my career with this company if I could have. They are amazing and treat you like family, not like a number. Truly miss them and would love if they would come to my state!
September 28, 2018

Assistant Property Manager, thank you for the kind words! If we do come to your area or if you relocate definitely reach out.

Monarch manager sucks
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 13, 2018
The main office in Colorado knows that the regional manager in my state sucks and will not do anything about it,,it’s way better jobs than this one,,, cut throat central and kiss butts.... woukd be a way better job if they got rid of regional
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
alright
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COJanuary 2, 2018
Not to bad, fun balance, fun culture. people are fun but they favor employees over another and advancement and pay is not as high as other places. overall it ok
Pros
freedom
Cons
payment or benefits arent as great as other places
Monarch is a tough employer
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 2, 2018
Overwhelming workload with little upper management support, lots of employee turnover. No work/life balance. Very fast-paced, with little time to think and make proper decisions. Too many meetings absorb valuable action time.
fast paced, fun working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 29, 2017
I love this company. I am simply looking to advance my career as a property manager. This is a company that people don't just leave. This makes it hard for me to become a property manager. The workplace environment is great. Management is very fair and always willing to listen. The most enjoyable part of this job is the residents. It's extremely gratifying being able to make someones home life as pleasurable as possible.
Stressful, cut throat environment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 23, 2018
open up the office
prepare paper work show/lease units
management was poor and not very well organized. Property has gone down hill since new owners took over. seemed like they were about the dollar instead of the residents. office staff was not a team. you felt on your own. it was pretty chaotic. I stayed as long as i did due to not wanting to leave my residents. I learned a lot through the old company that had the property but only some with this new company. I taught myself a lot. There was not much room to grow. Only thing i enjoyed was being the one my residents trusted.
Pros
good residents
Cons
bad management
Amazing Company to work for from day 1.. I feel valued
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 5, 2017
Monarch Investment and Management Group is exactly where I want to be and where I should be. I have been promoted within and each year given a raise based on my performance. That is awesome. I have always felt like they care about me and I feel valued when I go home every day. If you are looking for a career change or not sure what you want to do get involved with the company and make your CAREER happen. I have never worked for a better company.
Pros
Raises each year, paid holidays off, paid advanced training/schooling after a year, commissions, renewal commission, quarterly bonus potential, yearly anniversary gifts, boot reimbursement
Cons
Not matching 401K
Compensation is wonderful
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 13, 2018
There are regular monthly, quarterly, and annual bonuses. We receive bonuses for maintenance, renewals, move ins, delinquency, noi, quarter, effort, and various others. There is a big issue with communication here, where regional/area managers do not care to listen to issues on the on-site level, but care more about the income brought in. If you are meeting all of your financial and maintenance goals, they get very finicky about minor details. There is not a good relationship with vendors due to invoice issues, and the company would rather find new vendors, residents, employees than to work on the issues at hand. Training is almost non-existent, and punishment will occur if you do not understand something that was not explained to you. The company does not approve necessary upgrades when it is damaging the units/lives of residents; ex. roofing issues, plumbing, hygiene, etc. This company requires a lot of patience, but if you can stick it out, you will be financially satisfied.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Resident/employment retention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Investment and Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.