Monarch Investment and Management Group Employee Reviews

MIMG Is Literally The BEST Company!
Leasing & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2018
I've always worked retail, as I love customer relations. I will also say I've never worked in the Property Management industry before, but I joined Monarch and fell completely in love. Never have I ever had a job that I actually enjoy going in to work everyday!
Monarch took me under it's wing and not only gave me a job, but showed me the potential I had. This company allowed me to take that potential and turn it into something I never new I would love and enjoy doing so much!
I absolutely L.O.V.E. my job and Monarch Investment & Management Group!
Loved It
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXOctober 9, 2018
I have loved working for Monarch. I began with them as part time and never felt that I wasn't valued. I always received the training that was necessary or needed without feeling like I was inadequate at my job. I love how much they try to promote from within and they truly care about their employees. They also offer two programs where you can get more than just your normal pay. You can have Personal Investment and/or be in the MEPP's program. I am very thankful for Monarch and everything they have done for me the past four years.
Large, growing company that successfully maintains small company mentality!
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 1, 2018
Monarch Investment is the kind of company you want to retire with! Management and leadership are strong and also very supportive. Even though Monarch is growing and expanding, the company still maintains that 'small company' mentality, where you are not treated like a number, but instead are shown appreciation, as well as your true value to the organization! I feel like a part of the Monarch family rather than just an employee on their payroll. Monarch provides a great work and family life balance, so you are never made to feel like you cannot have a life outside of the workplace. You are trusted to do your work and do it well, rather than micromanaged. They also truly promote growth opportunities for their internal employees, giving their team the chance to further themselves from within. I wish I did not have to leave the company, but will be relocating to an area where Monarch does not have nearby offices. I only wish I could continue to pursue my career with this fantastic organization, but only hope that one day I am in an area or location where I can return to this fantastic organization! By far the BEST company I have EVER worked for.
Pros
Growth opportunity, great work/family life balance, strong leadership
Cons
None!
Horrible management and disgusting work conditions
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 4, 2018
Tool reimbursement is a flat out lie. You aren't eligible until after 90 days but you are required to have thousands of dollars worth of tools and equipment before even receiving your first measly paycheck.
Pros
Cons
extremely poor management
September 28, 2018

Maintenance Tech, I am sorry that you feel this way. Like most benefits at any company, the tool reimbursement is available to employees after 90/days, which doesn’t make it a “flat out lie”. Not too many companies even offer this for which Monarch pays up to $400 per year towards your tools depending on how long you work for us.

Best Company Ever
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Haslett, MIAugust 3, 2018
I would have stayed the rest of my career with this company if I could have. They are amazing and treat you like family, not like a number. Truly miss them and would love if they would come to my state!
September 28, 2018

Assistant Property Manager, thank you for the kind words! If we do come to your area or if you relocate definitely reach out.

Monarch Investment Associate

Not bad atmosphere, low pay
Operations Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pocono, PAAugust 2, 2018
Work mainly by yourself. Lots of free time but pay is not good and upper management can be demanding. Some things aren't explained enough but you are expected to know.
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Pay
September 28, 2018

Operations Property Manager, Monarch is a privately owned company with an entrepreneurial approach. Unlike many of our peers that get bogged down with corporate bureaucracy, we empower our people to take initiatives and give them the flexibility to get it done! This model isn’t for everyone. I hope you found a great career path in your current journey.

bad regionals
Leasing (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 22, 2018
this company is all about working you to the bone with little to no thanks. horrible regional managers that love to berate you when a property is doing poorly but won't offer a life saver when you reach out to ask for help. they choose favorites. if you can manage to avoid getting on the bad side of any of them, you'll be lucky enough to work yourself crazy with no pay raise
Pros
Cons
no support, micro managing
September 28, 2018

Leasing, it saddens me that you feel this way. Kathy Nicolls, Employee Relations Director/Owner has been developing an Employee Relations department for the sole purpose of ensuring people are recognized, thanked and appreciated.

Nothing is ever perfect but without getting feedback from people like you it is hard to improve. I highly encourage you to share your thoughts with your Regional, Asset Manager or if you feel you can’t then reach out to Monarchs HR partner Peliton/Aureon so we can make address any issues.

Growth Has Become an Issue
Regional Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 13, 2018
This company was great to work for, however, the room for growth was limited. Communication was a major issue in different aspects throughout my employment with Monarch. Internal staffing and leadership issues from corporate staffing downward. Monarch is a great place for a newer, less seasoned marketing professional.
September 28, 2018

Regional Marketing Director, Monarch is expanding every month with major growth projections in Michigan! With our nationwide portfolio, anyone who is willing to relocate has great opportunity in front of them. Sorry you didn’t feel this way. Life is short, if you’re not happy or passionate then change is necessary, I just hope you tapped into all you could have at Monarch. Best of luck.

ATP, Monarch Investment Associate

Great compant to work for.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COMay 21, 2018
Could use a little less micro managing. Had a wonderful 8 years of employment they have made me a better employee and showed me that it takes a teambto run a fine oiled machine. Lots ofbroom growth at MIMG.
so far so good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franktown, COMarch 22, 2018
been a good company to work for promotes from within. not alot to say other then good......................... to this point . but want more money ....
Pros
relaxed most of the time
Cons
can get stressful
Extremely unprofessional management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 21, 2018
Immediate management is absolutely ubsurd. Not sure if regional management is much better though. They don’t respect anyone. Conversations are had at inappropriate times and in front of the wrong people. gossip gossip GOSSIP! Just catty women with nothing better to do. Training is horrid, you might as well be ready to train yourself.
Monarch manager sucks
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 13, 2018
The main office in Colorado knows that the regional manager in my state sucks and will not do anything about it,,it’s way better jobs than this one,,, cut throat central and kiss butts.... woukd be a way better job if they got rid of regional
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Monarch is a tough employer
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 2, 2018
Overwhelming workload with little upper management support, lots of employee turnover. No work/life balance. Very fast-paced, with little time to think and make proper decisions. Too many meetings absorb valuable action time.
Wonderful group to work for!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 25, 2018
I was very happy working for this company. I only wish they had a property in Texas that I could transfer to. I worked under the best reginoal manager that I could have ever asked for. My team on site was one of the best! I will never forget this group of employees! I encorage anyone to join the company!
Pros
Great training!
Stressful, cut throat environment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 23, 2018
open up the office
prepare paper work show/lease units
management was poor and not very well organized. Property has gone down hill since new owners took over. seemed like they were about the dollar instead of the residents. office staff was not a team. you felt on your own. it was pretty chaotic. I stayed as long as i did due to not wanting to leave my residents. I learned a lot through the old company that had the property but only some with this new company. I taught myself a lot. There was not much room to grow. Only thing i enjoyed was being the one my residents trusted.
Pros
good residents
Cons
bad management
Compensation is wonderful
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 13, 2018
There are regular monthly, quarterly, and annual bonuses. We receive bonuses for maintenance, renewals, move ins, delinquency, noi, quarter, effort, and various others. There is a big issue with communication here, where regional/area managers do not care to listen to issues on the on-site level, but care more about the income brought in. If you are meeting all of your financial and maintenance goals, they get very finicky about minor details. There is not a good relationship with vendors due to invoice issues, and the company would rather find new vendors, residents, employees than to work on the issues at hand. Training is almost non-existent, and punishment will occur if you do not understand something that was not explained to you. The company does not approve necessary upgrades when it is damaging the units/lives of residents; ex. roofing issues, plumbing, hygiene, etc. This company requires a lot of patience, but if you can stick it out, you will be financially satisfied.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Resident/employment retention
its a work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
at first this job was perfect but slowly with new hires it became a toxic work environment the job itself is good and has room to learn but too many payroll mistakes and bad attitude did not work for me
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
bad company management
Horrible, Stressful
Office (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Management expects you to do miracles on the properties. You are not appreciated management is rude, and don't care at all. There is a lot of favoritism. I wish Corp would come on site level and have a talk to their employees to see what is really going on, and ask how their manager is. You will have 5-7 different bosses pointing you in all different directions. Too many hands in the pot, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Stay away!!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Micro managing, no lunches, dont care about residents
Monarch Investment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
The company is an okay company to work for. There is a lot of unprofessionalism that goes around such as gossiping and favoritism. If you are looking for advancement within the company this may not be the company for you. Great company to start with. Constantly changing things, fast-paced and growing.
Not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairborn ohioJanuary 18, 2018
Do not work here, this was one of the worst places I've ever worked for many different reasons . low pay, no room to grow, and no direction from managers. Every property they run the maintenance is horrible, and only managers get paid well. Keep looking, you'll find something better than this place trust me
Pros
Cons
Managment will lie to you and co workers will steal from you anf try to get ahead of you by lying .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Investment and Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about