Monarch Landing Employee Reviews

poor management
Resident Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 11, 2018
I would have stayed but poor management made it next to impossible to work efficiently at my job. No support from management made work conditions hard. I loved to take care of the residents in their activities of daily living and talking with them. I loved working with my coworkers because they were supportive and helpful. On my shift we worked as a team. Teamwork is very important when taking care of residents. Benefits were very good here and human resources were the only helpful people there.
Pros
benefits and coworkers
Cons
management
September 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We have had multiple changes in the nursing management team just over the last month. In fact, we have a new Post Acute Nurse Manager who started just a few weeks ago and we are currently recruiting for an ADON and a 2nd shift Nurse Supervisor as well as a weekend Nurse Supervisor. We have a Wound Care nurse starting next week. With these changes I hope that in the future you would consider working again for Monarch Landing!

terrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 6, 2018
Terrible place to work. Management routinely intimidates people. H.R. lies to get people in the door. They write you up for using paid sick time that you earned. They promise you a decent raise after 90 days then only give you .25 cents.
August 27, 2018

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience working for Monarch Landing. We try very hard to be honest and transparent about the job expectations and work environment - in fact transparency is one of our core values. Because we work with vulnerable seniors who rely on us for most of their care it's so important that staff are consistent with attendance. As you know we do provide lots of opportunities to take time off, either scheduled or unscheduled, but it can't become excessive, otherwise our residents are the ones suffering. I apologize for the misunderstanding about the increase, we do not provide any position here with an increase at 90 days but instead after you have been with the company for a year during your annual performance evaluation. Good luck in your future career endeavors!

Great place to learn
Resident Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 3, 2018
Management is not consistent
Staff is always short
Workplace culture is relaxed
Great place to start your CNA career
Not flexible with class schedules
Pros
Benefits, Fun work environment depending who you work with
Cons
Hard to take breaks, management requires alot when staff is always short
August 27, 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are trying very hard to hire new staff to fill our open positions. We have a new employee orientation today with 6 new CNAs and 2 new nurses! If you are interested in returning we would be happy to work with you regarding your class schedule. Maybe a PRN position would be a good fit as you can pick what shifts you want to work and receive a higher rate of pay!

monarch landing environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Monarch landing is a good place to meet new people and explore different things everyday. Also it helps with team building. The hardest part of the job is making surer everything is done on time and within a time limit. Monarch landing challenges you to become more open and always ask for help.
N/a
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Fast Paced Work
Good Service
Good Place To Grow
Its a good experience to help along the way in life since it gives you a good place to grow and know what its like to work
Great Culture with Great People!
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 13, 2017
I started here a few months ago as a temporary employee and my first impression was that the people were great - employees as well as residents. Everyone greets you with a smile and is always willing to help. I was taken on full-time within 2 months after starting here. Although the job responsibilities and pay is less than my last place of employment, the reason I accepted the job was because of the culture and the people. The work/life balance for those of us with an "office" job has been really great, too! There has also been new management in the last several months over in the Health Center that has recently made a positive impact on the culture. I think Monarch Landing has a lot to offer employees and with such a wide range of jobs here at from teens/high school students serving dinner to residents to health care workers to office/mgmt positions there's a little something for almost everyone. It's a great location as well!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits, New Management Staff in the Health Center, Great People to Work With, Flexible
Good Place For A Temporary Job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 24, 2017
Monarch Landing does treat its employees well. Good benefits, average pay, and PTO. There is a lot of turnover, particularly in the kitchen/dining roles, and in nursing positions (RN's, LPN's, CNA's). Management personnel for most departments are competent. 99 percent of the residents here are wonderful, and easy to get along with, and make the job worth it. However, there are a handful that you will encounter that will make you want to run away and never come back. But that's to be expected.
Pros
Good Benefits, Approachable Management
Cons
No Job Advancment, Poor Performing Employees Stay Here Way Too Long
productive and fun place to work
Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 13, 2017
the staff are very nice and helpful to work with.they keep a nice and clean environment for the patients that live there and there safety.nice place to visit
Great place to work when going to school in the medical field.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN / SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 18, 2017
A lot of free time to do school work most days. Great for the medical field. It is a professional environment as long as you act professionally the job is easy.
Pros
Flexibility and free time.
Cons
no job advancement
Very Enjoyable Place To Work
Passenger Bus and Sedan Driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 14, 2017
Very enjoyable and fulfilling job. Working with seniors can be very draining at times, but at the same time very emotionally satisfying. Everyone has a story to tell and all anyone really wants is for someone to listen and care! Not just anyone can do a job like this, but believe me it can be very emotionally rewarding at the end of the day. I truly enjoyed the 10 years I worked at Monarch Landing.
Pros
Employees
productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Warrneville, ILJune 5, 2017
It was a good opportunity to learn some new skills and fun to work with other young adults and teenagers. It taught me how to prioritize and patience.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Mgmt does not care about the residents
LPN (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 16, 2017
Reports were made to mgmt regarding care:safety of residents. It was basically swept under the rug, and nothing was done about it. Mgmt does not care about the pts
Pros
The residents are amazing
Cons
The management hides information
Very fun, exciting place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 9, 2016
The great thing about this place is CNAs only have four residents to care for. You cook and clean for them. The residents are very nice and very sweet. Very hard not to get attached! The only issue with management is that once they have it out for you they pick on you about anything.
Pros
Pay, easy work, plenty of over time
Great energetic place with team members focusing on resident satisfaction.
Server (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 8, 2016
One of the greatest places I have worked at. Great established culture amongst all employees. Residents are always the priority there with all services they need provided.
Disorganized Leadership
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 10, 2016
Was excited to start as a cook when i saw the benefit package and work load, that is, until the person who hired me went on vacation for over a month from the time I started, and didn't leave anyone in charge to train me. Even as an experienced cook, I wasn't left with much direction as to what they specifically wanted. Considering its a state run facility and it is very important that the recipes be made with the right amount of nutrients, that is very bad. The people who were left behind in charge in his absence did not care about the teams success, and was actually fired about two weeks after I started. it seamed like there was no team cohesion at all, and the CNAs were always fighting with the kitchen and rude to each other and would yell on the phone when they called to order things for residents. I got very badly burned at work one day and instead of filing and incident report and making sure i was checked out at the hospital, my boss had one of the EMTs working there look at it and told me to go home. The next day my skin was blistering and falling off and I was in so much pain at work trying to work over a boiling pot of water, and when i told my boss, initially she said it was fine for me to go home and not to worry. I have sustained burns before but this was maybe the worst one I've gotten in many years in the industry, which unfortunately happens sometimes. I followed my boss's orders. The next day when I came into work, they had me sign an incident report from what had happened a couple days earlier, and then pulled me into HR and I was reprimanded by HR and my  more... boss for asking to leave early! After the initial 90 days, I could see that things were not what I had hoped, and I made the decision to leave. In the short time I worked there I saw half the kitchen leave and be replaced. It is a revolving door.  less
Pros
great benefits and vacation time, if you stay long enough to qualify for it
Cons
disorganized leadership, terrible recipes
Great people but some too some comfortable working there so long, stuck in ways.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Management too comfortable in positions. Very enjoyable visiting with the seniors living there. Poor training effects everyone. Many perks made working there fun. Pay is on the lower end.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Training, follow through
not organized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 7, 2016
great orientation for weeks. off of orientation on floor 2 days later. all agency staff. taking high medical complex residents to fill the beds and with no proper equipment for trach residents. report given to next shift and the same report is given back. management not even helpful. no one there checks on how you are doing to even maintain the staff morale. which affects the QA and stars.
Pros
food
Cons
everything
bad management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napervile,ilMay 1, 2016
Don`t waist you time at Monarch Landing,go get a job at somewhere else. Monarch is a horrible place to work, the HR is the manager there and she is really bad, the HR at Monarch Landing in naperville, il don`t know about management. Management at Monarch is poor.

If you do the right thing for the residents you are in trouble with the seniors RA`s and the HR.
Pros
place is new look nice, but is just appeareance, some people are really respectful and good with the residents
Cons
HR need to be fired
Bad, bad, bad.
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 2, 2016
The compensation and benefits are great here, only you're never able to use your PTO without getting written up. You will never be recognized for a job well done here! The management is ALL over the place and the rules are constantly changing. Also, they sling a whole bunch of great perks and tell you the routines during orientation, but they are not true at all. They push that this is a 1 to 4 ratio facility for R.A to resident, IT IS NOT! ON ANY SHIFT!

Also, there have been MANY weeks that go by where there are NO gloves for the CNA's or nursing staff to wear. They say it's "budget" but really, this place is so expensive, why is there not a budget for gloves?

The facility itself is nice, but the staff does not keep it clean or in good order. The morale here is so down and negative there is a constant worry of getting written up every day you go to work.
Benefits
Cons
No supplies, awful management, poor morale
Great place for high standards
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 14, 2015
Management always pushed for better product and a better employee, by believing in each and every staff member they hired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Landing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about