Monarch Shores Employee Reviews

Great focus on teamwork and patient care.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great focus on teamwork and patient care. Rarely see staff conflict but the company doesn't notice when staff is not doing their job. They promote within the company, which is nice but mostly young staff.
Wonderful oppertunity to help others.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 9, 2018
Monarch Shores was a wonderful place to work if you wanted to help make a difference in peoples lives. I was allowed to structure my own material for groups so as to tailor make them for the population.
Pros
Free lunch 2-4 times a month
New Changes Spread Current Employees Too Thin
Operations (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 7, 2018
Monarch Shores is a client-oriented program. They have a great group of clinicians and therapists working here. Administrative and accounting are also doing a great job. There has been a lot of new implementations of activities and programs with the new program director coming in, however, this means current employees are being spread so thin. A company that starts overworking their employees without a raise or any incentive, is unwise - because this greatly increases the rate of burnout. The house managers that live with the clients are expected to have absolutely no outside life. As a house manager, I had constantly asked for an assistant for months - with no delivery from upper management. Meanwhile, both MEN'S houses got a house manager and an assistant. If you are going to start raising the expectations of employees - you need to correlate that with a financial raise or some kind of incentive. Spreading employees so thin to the point they feel they cannot handle it, is wrong in so many ways. You need to start valuing the people working in the field with the clients, instead of burning them out.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor management, lack of organization among staff, lack of communication between staff
I Love This Place
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAFebruary 1, 2018
This is a great company to work for! The pay is very fair and you get to help people! Management is open to new ideas and takes your feelings into consideration. They are continuing to grow and develop in my opinion a great rehab!
Pros
great pay, very rewarding, cool upper management!
Cons
alcoholism and drug addiction doesn't sleep, you have to be very dedicated to helping people, not necessarily a con...
A once great rehab and community now selling out.
Case Manager/Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 17, 2017
Monarch Shores was a great company before a management change. They decided to bring people who’s main agenda is increasing the bottom line, and jacking the profits. This has caused a significant drop in client care. From an employee point of view I watched this company fall farther and farther till I had no choice but to leave. Staff is not treated very well, management does not put the effort forward. If an employee has a problem they will just reduce hours till they quit so they don’t have to pay out unemployment. I do not recommend working here unless it’s a part time solution or you are trying to pad your resume, it’s not worth the headache and dealing with management is just a pain, especially now since they are focusing on “trimming the fat” before what I suspect is going public/selling. I will end with this the newest manager they brought on has a reputation of jacking a companies profits short term with no plan to maintain it long term.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 28, 2017
I enjoyed working as a Case Manager for Monarch Shores. They have the best Program Director I have ever worked for. They really care about the clients and give good care.
Ignorant and Arrogant Executive Management
House Manager (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAApril 22, 2017
It was my experience that the executive managers make extremely poor business and operational decisions, and then blame their employees for the fallout. I quit this job because they wouldn't take any of my suggestions, but then they blamed me when their ideas didn't work, and the clients were unhappy. I saw a lot of false advertising and clients who did not receive what they were promised. It was a very aggravating, disappointing, and depressing experience! I completely agree with the earlier review that said, "A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation." That was certainly my experience at Monarch Shores!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Executive managers ignorance and arrogance
don't do it
former employee (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CADecember 28, 2016
run fast. everyone is lied too. the only way to get ahead in the company is if you relapse. owners are a joke and employees do not matter
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough room
Fun and easy
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 13, 2016
Good place to work if you never plan to get a raise or move up the ladder. Great co workers, full time, plenty of over time, management watches you like a hawk on the cameras. Bait and switch for the clients. They are lied to about everything before they come, its embarrassing.
Pros
Free food, co workers are great, full time, easy, and over time
Cons
Can't advance and if you do more stress and little pay, management is so stressed out that everything wrong is your fault, no raises, they claim to give you a raise after 90 days and that's a joke, no raise. Other companies pay 14 to 16 to do the same job.
Cool co workers but high anxiety from management
Client advisor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 6, 2016
Pay is average... about the same as elsewhere. Push to open up houses takes priority. Clients are moved around in vans instead of receiving treatment in the houses they live in. Benefits are out of control... as a client advisor I cannot afford the medical insurance with what I am being paid. Houses where clients live are beautiful but clients but underlying culture of work is poor.
Pros
People I work with are nice
Cons
Environment is not confortable... high stress due to management
High turn over rate!!!!
Current member (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAApril 19, 2016
The turn over rate of tecs is very high and upper management can be abusive. Owners act as if they should be worshiped and if you have an opinion that is different, keep it to yourself. We have lost all of our cooks! There is one cook for eight houses....
Pros
Cons
too many!
Fantastic place with great people
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Great place to feel apart of. Really good communication and strong work ethics within the company. Saving lives is my primary purpose and thats exactly what I do one day at a time. There is no better reward then seeing the lights come on in a client and being able to witness that is beautiful. Without a doubt best company to work for.
Pros
communication, honesty
Cons
none!
Interesting place to work, never a dull moment. ( In a good way)
Clinical Advisor in residential facility (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CADecember 20, 2015
Working at Monarch Shores has been a very positive, and rewarding experience. One of the best aspects of going to work everyday is having the pleasure to work with the best coworkers anyone could ask for. The management team go out of their way to run this company to the best of their abilities; giving 100% to employees as well as clients. It truly is like working with a family. It's not perfect and we all have short comings, but it's a pretty great place to work.
Pros
Health care offered for full time employees. All the homes are beautiful, and clean. Low employee drama, most employees are easy to get along with including management.
Cons
Pay rate
Learning to be a HR professional from a Great Company
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CADecember 15, 2015
I started as a Client Advisor in June to understand what the whole Drug & Alcohol rehabilitation industry is all about; coming from the fact that I never worked in this industry or been through recovery. The staff here are very knowledgable and experienced; the training and support I received from staff and supervisors was fantastic. It made working here as a Client Advisor very comfortable until my transition as the Human Resource Intern.

One of the many positives working here at Monarch Shores was that Upper Management listened to what I wanted to achieve working here. They mentored, trained , guided, and gave me the opportunity to be the Human Resource Intern; which was way more responsibility than any Intern should have. I am forever grateful with the opportunity which has been fruitful to the development and growth as a young man trying to make it in Human Resources. It has been a key aspect to my development in which I get to test my knowledge with the next chapter in my life.

The culture here is one of a kind, I woke every morning excited to embrace todays challenges with this great team that Monarch has established. From the Clinical team, the Administrative Department, Vice President of Operations, our COO, and the rest of the staff here at Monarch Shores; it made me want to go the extra mile to help out any way possible to make this company run as smoothly as possible.

Like any new company in its first year, it went through any typical struggles that a company would go through, but they have stayed consistent with implementing their polices
  more... and procedures in which can be seen with the success it has made. This company is continually growing and will continue to succeed based on the work ethic and team/family culture here. They are not only here for their clients, but they are here for the staff as well in regards to developing quality people. As a former employee, I highly recommend trying to work here for Monarch.  less
Pros
Employees getting treated well and rewards for a job well done
Cons
There was a huge learning curve for myself never being in recovery or working in it.
Caring and compasionate team that really cares and takes care of the employees
Client Adviser (Current Employee) –  Orange CountySeptember 2, 2015
I have been with the company for many months now and based on my experience from working at similar companies I cannot stress how happy I am to be a part of this organization. This is an organization that really cares about the clients and makes the staff feel appreciated and valued. I started working in the field a couple of years ago and this company is one of the few that provides benefits and tries to promote from within. They do have high expectations of their employees but when you do a good job it is evident and the company has lots of room for advancement. My co-workers are amazing that I have become very good friends with and we make a great team. Its nice to have good people around you that are positive and care about getting the job done right and helping each other out.
Pros
Promotes self care and lots of room for advancement
Cons
Basic stressors for working in healthcare
A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it...
trainee (Former Employee) –  san clementeAugust 20, 2015
...causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation.

young company making a lot of missteps.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Shores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about