Monarch Employee Reviews

Terrible job
N/A (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2018
This is one of the worst jobs I could ever imagine. This place does not care about patients as we were constantly taking in people we were not equipped to assist (safely) all in attempts to keep the unit full. Management was a joke. Making up new rules as they go and only endorcing them to certain people. The poor nurses were overworked. The unit itself is disgusting and I have no idea how it has passed inspection. Mold. Mildew. Dust. Everywhere. The kitchen is horrendous yet they expect us to serve clients from said kitchen. Absolutely no overtime pay for holidays (except Christmas) which is just ridiculous. Changes were constantly made without consulting all staff members. Just a god awful place. The only good thing is working with clients and having days off even though the 12 hours shifts were rough
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the clientele. The clients were resilient human beings who arduously worked to maintained their mental wellness.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
A typical work day was working with the clients and supporting them to achieve their desired goals. My day also included providing them with tools and strategies to increase their ability to cope and manage their stress.
What I learned is that change is possible and that everyone has a capacity to have success; being flexible to using various interventions make it achievable for the client and practitioner.
The work culture has room for improvement and perhaps cultural competence and race relations training is needed.
The most challenging part of the job was having inflexible management.
Working with the clients was the most enjoyable part of the job. It was a pleasure working with them to set goals and them accomplishing their goals.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Not being able to receive a livable wage / poor management
Ridiculous
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  NCApril 5, 2018
Cannot make quotas! Management cares about billing hours not quality care for clients. Stayed there far too long! Tried very hard and worked over weekly with no overtime pay to attempt to make quota.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Stressful and no support throughout company
Nice ladies that live there
Habilitation Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed being an advocate for the ladies that live in the group home.The company itself wasn't all that great ,but I like that they listen to the ladies,and was very concern of there opinion.It could be stressful at times ,but I enjoyed my time there when I was a full time staff.
will work you to the bone
Certified Employment Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 27, 2018
not consistent with employees across the board, will tell you one thing and tell other employees another. management will use you and have cliques
Working Conditions
Vocational Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 27, 2018
While I was employed there the job was good. I worked and did what I was told to do daily. My co-workers were OK, some sneaky at times but overall I kept to myself and made very little friends.
Was a super fun and exciting place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMarch 23, 2018
Loved piloting the agricultural drones.A company that manufacturers unmanned aircraft systems for 3 D mapping in the precision agriculture, energy, and survey sectors. Lots of teamwork with processing data, building turn key drones and upgrading sensors.
Best part was in the field. Creating flight paths and control points.
Pros
Got to travel the bread basket of America
Cons
Company ran out of money
Good invironment/enjoyed work/enjoyed clients
Clinical Counselor (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 22, 2018
Was a good place for drug addictics and alcohlics to get sober. I enjoyed working there, was head counselor. Sometimes it would seem hard as most jobs do would it would work it self out. The client were your typical clients. A good enivorment to work. I liked it.
Pros
Could leave for a while of needed too.
Cons
Really too much for one person to handle a lot of the time.
Lack of team work
Everything (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2018
Low pay without raises. Once you're hired, you will never get a raise. Alot of favoritism. Hostile work environment. Morale is horrible and on a daily basis you see people online applying for jobs elsewhere. The patients don't come first, Patients constantly complaining about how the therapists and Nurse Practitioner treat them. No compassion for patients, They are just a number.
it was a good company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2018
it was a good company, but it was commission base, and hen the market when down so did the commission, it was hard that's why a had to leave, I needed stability
fast paced environment
Behavioral Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCMarch 4, 2018
Monarch expects you to give your best every day. You have the opportunity to make a difference in many people's lives. You will exposed to a wide range of people and mental illness and learn a lot.
Fun workplace
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 3, 2018
I enjoyed working there would like another job with them in one of their clinics. The work environment was enjoyable. Management helped in anyway they could.
productive
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 27, 2018
My day at work includes me coming in and doing doctors appointments and taking PWS to them if no appointments I do banking to keep the bank books up to date and I also do summaries, pom's, banking, rights assessments, and food shopping. Also i schedule vacations and events for the guys.
Not so much
Professional (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 22, 2018
Avoid this place unless you want to be talked about and feel uncomfortable. If not a part of “in” crowd or provide billable hours, Good luck! No loyalty or support. Too many quick changes. Poor collaboration and communication. Use PTO for sick, holidays and vacation!
Pros
Clientele, Community
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Management, Communication
least amount of pay
Vocational Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 5, 2018
Definitely not compensated for the knowledge or experience you have. Only receive an increase in pay if you advance your degree but then will be capped at a certain point.
Great place to work for community mental health
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 26, 2018
In the Forsyth County office there is an environment of collaboration and relative self regulation. There are pressures to meet productivity standards that are not always reasonable for everyone. Pay is fair and timely. Very little room for advancement.
Independence, flexibility, great supervisor
Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 24, 2018
Never a dull moment. People we served were the best! Challenging and rewarding. A great deal of work, but independence and flexibility help to alleviate some of the stress that occurs due to the nature of the work.
not a great place to work, ok benifits
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Had good hours most the time, did have slot of problems with a couple of course workers management did little to resolve any issues had no resolve in many intenses.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
hostle work environment
Not enough pay
Sub Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 8, 2018
So, for the task you're required to perform, you don't get paid much to do it. They also constantly dish out broken promises of being hired full time.
Stressfull and fast pace environment.
TENANCY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2018
On a typical day I would start my day by going to my client home and engaging in a conversation about how they feeling physical, mental emotionally. I would make sure that their housing and finances are secure.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
Lack of communication with the other service providers.