Monarch Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
miserable
Employment Specialists III (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 12, 2018
If I had it to do all over I would not have chosen to work here. I wish that I had looked more closely at the job and the benefits. There are no paid holidays and all time has to be used from your PTO time which I feel is not feasible for a company as large as Monarch. There management sucks and the backstabbing is unreal....
Pros
n/a
Cons
work
If you like to travel, this is for you.
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2018
I didn't mind helping others and going to the house to work with children but it is unsafe and I was put in dangerous situations where 2 people should have went at all times. It requires a certain type of person to spend 2 hours with a child and keep them occupied because 2 hours is too long. There should have been better ways to help the children.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
driving and dangerous situations
Residential Manager
ICF RESIDENTIAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Challenging yet rewarding. It starts with greeting your individuals and providing attention and care to them.The staff greets you with warm smiles and questions or communication for the day ahead. As a manager all things do not always go as planned and you must think on your feet to make the day run smoothly. Preparing yourself for change is always part of the scheme of things. Being prepared for problems is part of everyday life. Working with individuals with special needs and disabilities is so rewarding to be the one to ensure that they too are offered a quality life. The hardest part of the job is motivating staff to constantly stay on the same page as the dreams and hopes of those we care for. Also, maintaining good staffing to work at your location. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happiness and gratitude in the individuals face or eyes when their needs and wants have been accomplished.
Pros
variety of positions
Cons
pay not great
Monarch Lexington
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 2, 2018
Management is a nice person but doesn't really know the job they have. No strong leadership. Care free work environment where you can pretty much do whatever you want. Always short staffed.
I love all my residents
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Chisago City, MNAugust 23, 2018
I would reccomend this place to work for anyone for work. The residents are why I went to work everyday. I made sure that it was a home for them, and not just aplace to live.
I hope things have changed
DEVELOPMENTAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 18, 2018
It’s been years since I worked there, but I did not like it. I loved the program attendees (adults with disabilities) and my coworkers, but the management was horrible. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I became attached to the guys at my site. I really hope for their sake, things are better now.
good company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2018
Monarch's mission drives the company. The direct support work staff are dedicated to the people they work with and work hard to help everyone achieve their goals and dreams.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
Sometimes life and work are not well balanced
It was great working by myself, but it was a lot of work for one person
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 5, 2018
I loved my hours, 7-3:30, the work was just draining. I was on my own in half of the building. It was very uncomfortable going into the residents apartments to clean them. Loved the break times, they were long and you had enough time to eat, drink something.
Pros
Breaks, a few residents I did get very attached to, some were very sweet. Co workers. Hours
Cons
Some people could be very rude such as front desk people, residents could be very demanding and sometimes get angry which was uncomfortable
Stressful, did not have appropriate time to accomplish tasks
CMA (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 4, 2018
Was very unhappy working here. A lot of employees did not pull their slack and others had to do their work. Management was always gone or calling out.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful
Awful
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 2, 2018
The upper management of this organization cares nothing about their employees. There are way too many Chiefs! Very top heavy. The worst communication of an organization ever! Favoritism is everywhere in this organization. Backstabbing on a daily basis. It compares to a middle school environment. Stay away from this place!
Pros
Pay and Benefits were good for the area
Cons
Too much upper management & NO communication
great job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53223August 2, 2018
Fun to work with heavy style metals. ranging from 3" all the way up to 9" steel. Monarch was a different "work place" than anything I was ever at. Also Great CEO
Monarch is a top down organization
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJuly 26, 2018
Monarch has the ability to be a great organization. The company does provide valuable services to people in need. Administratively, Monarch has a lot of room for improvement. Very top heavy administratively...too many chiefs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor morale and employee engagement
Not a good work environment
Developmental Specialist Residential (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJuly 25, 2018
I was treated unfairly by both my coworkers and managers. I was accused of something I would never do just because my coworker did not like me.

When I tried to talk to corporate I was ignored.

I will never work for this company again.
Loved it here
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 21, 2018
I really loved working for Monarch. The individuals served made the day so much fun. The only issue really was co-workers. There was a lot of racism and bullying. As long as you focus on what you’re there for, though, it won’t be a problem. Also, the pay isn’t great at all. It’s great experience for figure jobs!
Pros
The individuals are great
Cons
No breaks, low-pay, co-workers af times
Stressful with unlivable wage
QP (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 20, 2018
For the number of hours you are expected and demanded to work you are not compensated fairly and do not make a livable wage. Management does not listen to concerns and continue to put unreasonable demands on employees. It is all about money and nothing about client care and best practices.
Ok place to work for, terrible management in certain areas
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJuly 14, 2018
I would recommend Monarch because of the joy that you would get from helping make a difference in someone's life. Just be prepared to live there some!
Pros
Benefits, residents, trainings
Cons
Management, work schedules, pay if not in management positions
flexable and fun
Developmental Specialist, Office (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 26, 2018
great place to work they try to be fare and flexible with your family great personality in the office and great family to work as well and they have room for growth
Stressfull
Sub Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2018
A day at work is you don't know where they are going to put you.
What I learned was that people that worked there were always looking for another job.
As for management, one would leave every three months while I was there.
The hardest part of the job was having to tell the patient that they would not be seen that day.
The most enjoyable part was helping the patients that came in.
poor leadership in administration
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 12, 2018
In the beginning, I loved my job. As time went on, I became very disappointed in this company. There are close friendships in administration that consistently displays favoritism and bias. Racism is throughout the company, favoring one race over others. Poor communication is accepted standard. The most difficult part of the job is trying to keep up with the new decision of the day. The incompetence of administration and upper management will lead to the demise of this company, which is very sad. Technology at Monarch is in need of a serious overhaul. I enjoyed the people I worked with and patients I cared for.
Pros
co workers, patients
Cons
everything else
The benefits are great but the pay is not as great.
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
I looking for more upward mobility within the company. however if I'm unable received that then I would consider other options. Its other programs within the company I would consider.
Pros
Pay is low.
Cons
Great medical and dental benefits