Monash University

Monash University Employee Reviews

Monash is a good place to work overall
My supervisor was kind of incompetent, as are a lot of the administrative staff, but generally speaking Monash is a good place to work. Compared to most universities in Malaysia you are treated pretty well and given good benefits, particularly if you are a foreigner.
hire n fire
If you have the connections you can get far with low research efforts. Your manager and the interactive virtual training programme tell you and teaches you about ethics in theory. But if you are higher up the ladder you basically can treat people like your personal slaves, spying, pressuring and blackmailing included. Promise and break. The diversity here means, if you have peers higher up you are well integrated. If you don't, then good luck to you. Overall the incompetence is high even in professorial levels, but the networks help you stay in your position. I learned about research grant shuffling, improper equipment utilization, bad project planning, unenthusiastic supervision, low interest in science, rebranding of regurgitated materials.
Pros
good pay for a single job
Cons
bad pay if you are overloaded with responsibilities, research quality rather low, mostly dependent on collaborations and students
productive and fun
a relaxed environment and excellent work culture.
the hardest part of the job is writing a grant

30 min of ping pong every day and periodic gathering were the most enjoyable part
smart classrooms, and online assessment facilities
As a part-time lecturer, my typical day at work involves getting the campus just before my class period, lecture, and sign-off. Most of my interactions with the students are online. this is the bit I enjoy. I have limited contact with the management except for online communications.
Good
Quite a good place to work and study. Creative, innovative, vibrant. Definitely a great place with great resources to cultivate great talents. The only drawback is the total land area of the campus, which may be improved in future.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
A large educational institution with some top employees
As a large institution change can be slow and processes may take a long time.
Good people (usually academics) become managers without the related training - which needs improvement.

I worked online, which was the best part. There is some change resistance, as with most organisations.
one of top 5 biggest university in Australia
Monash was one of the biggest 5 universities in Australia I used to work for them. I earned the salary after that. I was so appreciated to have time to work with Uni.
A day in research laboratory
After the completion of my final year project, I dare to say it required maximum efforts and dedications. The most enjoyable part was learn to cope with failure.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Monash University?
Fun workplace
productive and fun workplace. Good supportive team and high quality education. comfortable working enviroment and high quality education team.
Monash University
Monash University is a great place to work. Supervisor is highly intellectual and i did get the support knowledge that was required for the job that i was undertaken then.
excellent
Great place to work and study.
Totoring.I enjoy the work environment in Monash.