Mondelez International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 666 reviews matching the search See all 2,243 reviews
There are far better option in Retail than Mondelez.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2018
I have worked retail for over 15 years, been in charge of a crew, worked as part of one, and worked entirely on my own. I'm an incredibly hard worker capable of pushing 80 cases an hour depending on what product is going up. I have no qualms working hard. What I do have an issue with is when I'm working as hard as you do for this company and you get little to nothing in return.

With the minimum wage soon going up to $15/hr in Massachusetts, their starting pay for most people is $2-3 under this average. When you consider you need an average of $27/hr to live in this state, it's not hard to imagine that most of us need a second job to even approach getting one end to meet the other.

I was lucky to have a pretty good sales rep above me and it worked out fairly well most of the time but, as others have said, when it came to quarter close, things became out of control. Christmas time is another ordeal as well. They bring in inordinate amounts of product none of your stores wants or needs to "hit the number," a number which is essentially a lie because it's being buffered by forced product and not actual sales. The board of directors and such must know this. I've worked for stores and other companies that also rely on this falsification of numbers to feed lies to the higher-ups, but this one takes the cake. Sales reps push these only because they can get bonuses and perhaps perks like a trip each year if they fall into the highest earning reps in the region. They do not care how miserable their part or even full timers are working 800-1500 cases a day between two people during
  more... the holidays.

The worst part is the clear amount of stress it puts its employees under, particularly the part-timers who are used as cheap labor. Many full timers lie about what they're doing, some don't even make an attempt to work to any kind of standard. They couldn't care less if they waste an hour sitting in the car watching videos on their phone while you put up 60 cases of the load they're supposed to help you with. The common question of "You done yet?" with a wry smile that hints at the actual hope that you've done their work for them is uttered every single day to the point of making you want to walk out.

I could never recommend this company to any retail employee, most especially any with a deep background who is looking to move up. There are far better companies out there to do so with. This company isn't even American anymore, it's owned by a Mexican conglomerate. Don't contribute to terrible companies taking away our business and making profits at the expense of our poor judgement.
Pros
The end of the work day.
Cons
Mismanagement, lack of communication, overworking, terrible pay scale, etc.
A job
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 16, 2018
Very hard work. Little or no recognition. Only very minimal yearly raises 3% or less. Up side good work out. Wear ot your own vehicle unless you are a rep. Wear out your body parts never enough money for that.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Money sucks, No breaks in car only between stores, Wear out you and your vehicle
High targets.
Senior Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAAugust 14, 2018
I clearly remember from my time in MDLZ the sales targets being unrealistically high. Frequently bring in excess product to hit numbers only to return it later as out of date. Like many companies, who you know determines if you will move up.
Mondelez International!
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 12, 2018
The job is successful, I make sure that my items and displays are are well shelf packed. I learn that I should always go to the manager and let him check out my work before I leave the store. The hardest part of the job is when the delivery comes in late, but the most I keep my patience and still take care of other items that way the customers are also satisfied with my work.
Excellent Compant To Work With
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 11, 2018
Excellent Company To Work With, learned a lot about independent contractual work. Would recommend this company for being an excellent company and industry to work with.
Creative
Workforce Administration Team Lead (Current Employee) –  LindoraAugust 11, 2018
Mondelez International is a company that allows you to grow and be creative with solutions. Very ILS oriented. It is a Great Place to Work and has a lot to teach you.
TOO much stress
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 11, 2018
Unreasonable and unattainable work hour requirements. iDeploy is an absolute joke.

Company is only trying to line their pockets and don't really care about store conditions.

Management will step on you to advance themselves.

You could NEVER do enough to please the bosses.

Brought the stress of the job home everyday.

Family life virtually non-existent.
Pros
Cons
TOO many brown nosers.
Great company to work for .
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 8, 2018
Working with Mondelez was enjoyable . It just did provide me with fulltime hours at the time . I enjoyed working with management and the working relationship that I had with them .
Early Morning Job
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 6, 2018
Went to the first store, stocked shelves and repeated until all stores for the day were done. Worked with management when they would be at the same store. Had to have a working relationship with store managers. Which can be extremely difficult if a store manager did not want your product to go in a certain location.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
Long drives, long weekends
Long Hours
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 6, 2018
It was an ok place to work. A lot of lifting was required. Only worked part time during college, but when I did work I lifted and faced products at stores.
Pros
independence
Cons
too long hours
Great people, too little resources
Sr. Manager, NA Sourcing Ingredients (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 6, 2018
Mondelez is VERY bottom line focused, and that has deteriorated the culture. The people are great, but the pressure to deliver bottom line with decreased resources is a big issue. There is high turnover, and I can understand why.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Terrible healthcare, too little resources
Terrible place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MO 63045August 4, 2018
Management at this location is toxic and I would never recommend people to work here. The union at this location only cares about helping family get hired and moving up the ladder. You will make good money but don't make plans during the week because you won't make them. The current manager is the most two faced person Ive ever worked for.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Toxic management and no stable hours.
used to be a nice place to work, but now it's turning not that funny
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2018
used to be a good company but they're asking employees to do whatever they are able to do in the time assigned to be in the store. if you don't have time to do all that you need to do, is going to be incomplete.
Pros
company car
Cons
limited time to merchandisers to work
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 3, 2018
Mondelez good place to work; benefits/perks, career advancement/development, and culture all depend on your willingness to learn and adapt to change, your location, manager, and team/project.
Pros
Benefits, Career Development
ok job
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2018
decent job.
lack of communication, no local manager were problematic. bin able to manage my own time and problem solve on my own were excellent experiences.
Productive and fun place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 1, 2018
Tasks were challenging enough to keep me interested. Coworkers were warm and knew how to come together as a team to get the job done. Management was helpful.
Caring company that respects your personal lufe
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 1, 2018
Mondelez has been good to me since I have been working there for only about a month and a half. I have reciecived considerations to move into a higher position as well
Review
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 1, 2018
good company if you like a fast paced job. pretty good pay for part time work. good benefits for full time employees. merchandise company product (cookies and cracker's) from back room out onto the store floor. build displays.
Pros
pay
Cons
fast
Great Company
Sr. Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 24, 2018
The work is hard. This is a highly organized corporation. The individuals are very smart. I learned planty of things that have helped me in my present position. Thanks
Pros
Flex time
Cons
No potential for promotion
This place unbelievable. I would not recommend anyone to work there. From management to other employees, this place is awful to work for.
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 24, 2018
If you are looking forward to getting in there and to start driving, forget about it! Could be a couple of years before you will drive a truck. I would highly NOT recommend this place.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mondelez International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight