Mondelez International Employee Reviews

Found 1,306 reviews matching the search See all 3,297 reviews
Looking for advancement
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 13, 2019
Mondelez has been a great place to work in the past. Not so much anymore. Management acts if they don't care to keep the doors open anymore. I need job security because I have a family that depends upon me.
Ever since the change to mondeleze it went very wrong.
generalist machine operator (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILMay 13, 2019
I am so glad I am out of there was there 11 years and only stayed for the pay and benefits but they started cutting the benefits and did not want to pay what they were in the beginning and they raised rates that you couldn't make because the machines ran horrible. And mechanics threw a fit If they had to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible conditions/managment.
Good opportunity for growth. Lively environment
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 12, 2019
The only complaint I have was the commute to work. Work was done at a comfortable pace. Communication between leadership and employees was adequate and encouraged.
Pros
Overall good workplace
Cons
Commute to work
Decent pay for the type of work. No life and poor management.
Sales Service Representative Order Writer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 11, 2019
Poor management/No communication/ email used to much and is unreliable/ expect you to be doing things work related on your little time off like emails/ stress and unbalanced work load/ unnecessary driving due to poor scheduling that doesn't make sense. There's no set route not even as an order writer/ nothing being done to improve efficiency for this type work. Just increased stress cutting budget by trying reduce hours in payroll causing you to have do work in even less time. Unrealistic time restriction but once you do this for years you get it down packed/ no uniforms , who wants to wear business casual clothes dirty and worn in warehouse like conditions/ physically demanding but you get used to it once you've done it for years. /Favoritism/Unrealistic requirements and time frame/Inefficient scheduling use of technology./unpredictable and no advance notification of schedule./work hours indefinite and unbalanced/You dont matter it's literally about numbers and dollars./Tell you what you want to hear to get you to take on extra work and more responsibility./Your hard work really isn't appreciated/They really expect the job to come before your life, family and health/ Only time you hear from dm it's something negative.rms can send an email in hours about o.t they caused adding stores to you less than 24hr notice. But anything relating to time off if practically ignored/Safety really isn't important when inclement weather arrives, there's no communication- no one should be working because your required travel multiple places. When the hurricane came in 17 it was nothing sent  more... out the day it "hit" until that evening. /No real designated lunch break, you have to figure that out on your own. / not able to use pto or vacation because there's no actual request system or no way you can view it as an employee. Just hope your email, call, or text is actually seen or returned. Hr is no help they cant speak or understand English and they know nothing, yet rms usually refer you to 1800 hr as if they would know anything./ At times delayed pay due to 3rd party mileage pay company. Work phone app used to track time is unreliable and useless- have calculated your time instead of it recording the time arriving and left and the app calculating that time for you. / I'm literally still here because it's hard to find work in my area that can pay all your bills.  less
Pros
Pay and benefits (fulltime), No one physically on your back while you work, yearly performance raises, Percentage bonus.
Cons
Poor management, No communication, Favoritism, Unrealistic requirements and time frame, Inefficient scheduling use of technology, unpredictable schedule, work hours indefinite and unbalanced
It’s not a bad company
Sales Service Rep Order Writer (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 7, 2019
I would love to go back if I could, I think that I should have been more patient with my support team and less focuse on the job in front of me.
The take away for me is never let anyone steal your thunder.
Pros
I was working
Cons
Bad supervisor
Productive and excellent team
Intern in Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  LaraMay 6, 2019
It was a temporary job, but I learned a lot and I felt part of the team. Unfortunately the situation that Venezuela is going through does not allow the development of private companies and has greatly reduced the staff, reducing the possibility of obtaining a permanent job.
Too much is expected
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 2, 2019
The local management tries to be friendly. Putting away Nabisco product is actually enjoyable.

The problem is the tiny budget they must meet. It is not possible to safely navigate hundreds of cases of products through the stores and onto the shelves that quickly every day.

In every way an easy job is made difficult by the greed of the Mondalez Corporation. Always wanting more done with less time and increased sales. This causes a toxic work environment which gets worse and worse every month.

The work would be enjoyable and somewhat easy but physically demanding. A good balance until you try to rush which causes problems that slow you down which causes hours to be cut.

If looking for work, look elsewhere.
Pros
Fun product to work with, customers love it.
Cons
Too much work to do and you can't leave until it is done which ruins your evening plans
Mondelez international
Merchandiser/ Order writer (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 2, 2019
Not a bad job,Heath benefits are great and paid vacations and holidays, Good company to work for. the pay could be a little better but over all not bad
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
no over time
Entire work experience depends on who's "in charge"
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2019
I consider myself one of the lucky ones because my sales rep is the most sensible person in a position of authority I've met in a very long time. If it wasn't for him, the job would be much more stressful. As with most retail jobs, the job itself is ridiculously easy, but the people in charge are idiots. They don't think it's possible to exist without playing politics. We get a new manager every couple years or so, and they always start out attacking employees over dumb stuff in an attempt to make themselves look good. The job is literally stocking cookies and crackers on store shelves. Yet they treat people like criminals for simply doing their jobs- they constantly watch people and then make false accusations without asking any questions, usually through a nasty, sarcastic email or an unexpected store visit. I like the freedom of not having direct management while I'm working, but it's extremely difficult to become a full time employee here. If you do become full time, they load extra work onto you, yet at the same time riding you about overtime.
Pros
Going to different stores, making friends in other vendors and store employees
Cons
Everything else
Fun job, unclear future
Nabisco Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2019
This job is not a bad job to work at. It's easy the mangers are there for you they make sure your comfortable and those are all great things but this is where you probably consider another job.

1. The future is unclear, at some point everyone knows the merchandising role would be eliminated when this company switches to the warehouse model to save money. Big company's like Kroger and Walmart will not renew their contracts and if we lose them what do we have?

2.Part timers don't get benefits. No dental, health 401k sick time off nothing.

3. Even if you are a good worker, its part-time its not guaranteed you will get the hours every week to keep your head above the water in life. As a part timer you wont make enough to sail smooth. You can only hope you make enough to keep your head above the water. And when you don't even make that you drown. Tip, have a side job like uber/lyft when times are tough and you need extra cash. If you want 10-20 hours a week fine, this job would be great but if you work here hoping to become full time good luck.

This is a fun job and I wish their model was different and they supported the part timers more. Its flexible they would work with you, its okay to be a couple minutes late but the future is unclear. If they go warehouse model even the full timers would be gone so when you look forward to where you see yourself with this company in 10 years what do we have?
Pros
Flexible, easy
Cons
Healthcare, wage, future
Over all, this is a good company to work for if you are a self starter.
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 28, 2019
Mondelez ITL is a good company that allows freedom to learn as you go. You meet alot of store managers and friendly customers. Work loads weekly and backstock on weekends.
Pros
Can take lunches
Cons
No benefits for part-timers
High speed production lines making Oreos
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2019
High speed fast paced interesting work making cookies and crackers distributed around the world spent 25 years doing that what are the best jobs I ever had in my life
Pros
Absolutely the best place to work team orientated and family-orientated
Cons
Inexperienced upper management
Company very disorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2019
Lack of communication between managment & employees. Disorganized. What was suppose to be 20hours a week was more like 40-50hrs. No overtime pay. No benefits.
Pros
Part time pay & mileage was great
Cons
Lack of communication, if you want part time-you will work full time, management very disorganized
Bad place to work
Generalist. Able to operate multiple machines (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 25, 2019
Poor management, poor ventalation lots of excessive powder in production area of packaging. Low morale favoritism. Will put someone in charge over crew that has little to no experience. Poor and little leadership..
Pros
Cons
To many to list
I did enjoy working , liked the fast pace and the atmosphere. However, they cut the number of stores I called on which leads to less hours and I need
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYApril 25, 2019
They knew I would have to resign and could not hide the relief when I resigned. Disappointed and discouraged. The manager was surprisingly confident and cold. Anyway it is one of my two worst jobs and wonder how they get away with treating people that may be different than themselves like outsiders and dismissed the knowledge, experience and enthusiasm they brought to Company and their position. Sad.
Labor intensive. strong Communication skills needed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 24, 2019
I love working for this company. The only thing that is a downfall is the work/life balance. Not enough hours in the day to get all assigned tasks done.
Pros
Pay/working independently
Cons
Work/life balance for full time employees
Review Summary
International Consolidation Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 24, 2019
Excellent company with clear objectives for the entire organization and for all employees . Constant high pace with deliverable results. Great corporate communication.
Pros
Great Teams
Cons
High Pace
Decent pay, hard work,
Re-pack associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2019
Only part-time work offered to me, unable to advance in the company, union unsatisfactory. No benefits, hard work in dept. no opportunity to advance to bakery.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
no benefits, no full time hours. work is hard and repetitive.
great extra income
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAApril 19, 2019
great way to supplement your other job merchandising Nabisco products. show up at stores, stocks shelves and put up displays, easy job loved it great extra job
Pros
easy hours
Cons
stores often treated you as a criminal
Fast paced and stressful
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 19, 2019
This is a job that may possibly, depending on you which location you work, be a good or bad experience.
No communication whatsoever.
Like many vending companies they are just concerned about the bottom line.
They say they pay 12-15$ an hour, expect the lower end.
They do pay you mileage but it is not worth the wear and tear on your vehicle.
You will get a steady 20-25 hours a week but they will stretch it out over 5 days causing you hundreds of miles on your vehicle.
Senior sales reps who make the orders will order way more than what a store needs to make their quota and leave it up to the merchandisers to figure out where to put it all. (And you better find a place for it)
Part timers will always be the scapegoats here.
What could be a good job is completely runined by such bad management and bad scheduling.
Save the mileage on your car and your stress and just look elsewhere.
Pros
Work mostly independently
Cons
High car milage, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mondelez International. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight