Mondi Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This place was a joke to work for.
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyAugust 10, 2018
I worked here in maintenance for a few months. The place was mismanaged and almost went under. They literally lost about half the employees at the Louisville plant.
I walked out after working non-stop 12s for days on end.
Pros
Pay insurance
Cons
Management hours stability
Local business with a lot of potential
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOMay 5, 2018
Organization has a lot of reputable customers that could make this company a high profit company; consistent and effective management could make this company very successful
Excellant place to work for
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAMarch 26, 2018
Nice environment to work for. Loved the 12hrs shift i had to work. Learned how to work operate other equipment at the job. Loading the trucks for shipment to go out
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Couldn't leave the job for lunch breaks
It was a good place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2018
They got new management and it has went down hill. They do not care about their people. And work holiday and weekend now and never done that tell the new people should up .
Pros
Pay
Excelente
Jefe de recursos humanos (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Es una empresa multinacional, con crecimiento constante
Good work enviroment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 14, 2017
Great employees, good training, good equipment. Management shows they care. Work place culture very professionial. I would let my daughter work there.
Pros
company cares about family values
Cons
Na
80% of employees had good attitudes and were friendly and helpful. Good team work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 8, 2017
Very fast pace and stressful due to production goals that needs to be produced weekly, monthly and yearly. Company pays good and in return expectations to produce is at a high level.
Pros
Paid lunches, Company outings
Cons
At work most of the time.
Fun, motivating co workers, skill, dedicated hard work
Assistant Flexographic Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be running jobs On the flexo press. We make packaging at my machine press I work on with 3 people. We have a rolls of 15 thousand meters or more of film we run in the press to print images on it. We print about a average 80,000 meters We print all things going from dog food bags, human food bags, diapers bags. We have to find defects and solve the problem , measure, test, get messy from ink, from the print. We take multiple big and small parks off the machine and clean them or fix them. We have to do a lot of math and operations on a computer. We lift stuff that is almost a 100 pounds every change over to another job. Most enjoyable part of my job is being constantly busy, learning a skill under my belt and the movation to move higher up and make more money. The best part is to know the harder I work the easier it is to move closer to the top
Pros
Skilled trained job, benefits, 50 cents extra night shift
Cons
Only 3 short breaks in 12 1/2 hours. 30 min lunch is taken out of paycheck. Swing shifts.
Fast paced productive workplace with good benefits.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOJuly 14, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly employees. Nice work environment for factory workplace. Good benefits and indemnities. Strong safety guidelines make for a safe work environment. Fast paced, quality focused, workplace. "First time right" motto is job one.
Pros
Free coffee in employee lunch room with fully stocked food kiosk. Good benefits.
Cons
12 hr swing shift which is not for everyone but common place for factory work.
Very biased against new employees
Electrician (Current Employee) –  White Hall, ARMay 23, 2017
Not a very welcoming committee at all. Everyone there is pretty much from the same town or area and doesn't except outsiders or new comers with welcoming intentions very two faced Union says one thing and does complete opposite
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a close relationship work environment
long industrious work with very little breaks
Operater (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOMay 8, 2017
we barely got any time for breaks, limited bathroom breaks. you had to wait till it was your designated break time to even get a drink of water. and when you work around chemicals your mouth gets extremely dry. not recommended at all!!
very good place to work
Chrome Plater/Finisher Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOApril 7, 2017
was a great place to work had a lot of good employees good management. very manageable hours to work great time off. got reconized a lot for doing a great job.
not the best place to work.
Machine Operator/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOFebruary 1, 2017
It is an ok place to work if you dont mind management not helping any case at the plant.The work is boring and days go by very slow.
Boring
Lamination Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Watch a machine work while you do nothing. Say goodbye to your family and personal life because you have a different schedule every week of 12 hour day and night shifts. The hours are arranged as such so they only have to pay you overtime for certain weeks of the month.
Pros
You pretty much do nothing while a machine works for you.
Cons
You have to stay awake
Treat employee's poorly
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MONovember 18, 2016
Management is full of " good Ol boys" if ur not in the club you get worked over. Forget it if your a woman as well. Low pay. No training program either. They claim to train you but really just toss you in there with each person telling you something different. They do not follow up on anything.
Mondi good place to work at
general labor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2016
i learn that i have to make sure i am doing my inspections really good to catch every thing wrong with the bags , the management is nice and they do there jobs and all the co-workers all help other's if we can and the hardest part about my job is if the bags are missing stitches or handles or something else it might be hard to keep up with the bags and and the most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that i made good bags that day. the overall rating is that it's a good place to learn about bags and sowing machines.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
Hours change every week and some times no notice
creative
Project Engineer/Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 14, 2016
Great learning experience, as well as independent work force. While working Mondi Group I gained experience that will strength me for the next job opportunity in my career path.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Little time of work
Hard thankless work
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Leonia, NJMarch 6, 2016
The job is working on my feet 12 hours 5 to 6 days a week. Also their entire work is consisted of non English speaking Mexicans so it is very hard on me because my Spanish is only passable at best.

The management is a former worker and does not want an employee who is not part of the group or hired through their recommendation so he is always looking extra hard to see if I can give him a reason to fire me. As a result I have to work harder, faster, and longer than is expected of my position.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
Only one 20 minute break for a 12 hour shift. Co-workers and managers who do not speak english.
Company doesn't care about workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOFebruary 26, 2016
Company is only worried about bottom line. Had some mandatory overtime. Doesnt think you should have a life outside work. Was good company when i started there but has gone way downhill since then
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
12 hour rotating shift. Backstabbing people
Productive workplace
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Overall my duties and responsibilities have taught me a lot through the company. The employees are very friendly and helpful.