Mondi Employee Reviews

I learned that working as a team is so much better than soloing it
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 18, 2018
It was a very nice work environment a place you would love to go to work they often tell you how they appreciate you a as an employee we had picnics as family not just on holidays but threw the year it is a very pleasant place to they appear to be concerned about your well being if I had to the chance to move back to pine bluff I would without money donbt try and go back to the people are great management is awesome the money was great there's not much more I really can say to show how I really appreciated the opportunity to work with a company that give you so many chances for advancement and opportunities to further your self with them as a company
Pros
Always willing to help in a time of need
Cons
Don't like for you to miss work constantly
fast paced and stressful
production-line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 18, 2018
Good benefits, fair wages but a stressful and mismanaged facility. The on the floor managers were fair and worked with the operators to achieve good product.
Production Qty #1, Quality not important
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 18, 2018
The Romeoville facility was numbers driven where as long as they made a plethora of bags, the hope was that the defective bags are only a small portion of the total. It made quality management a rather difficult process and not ISO driven.
Pros
Hard floor workers
Cons
Not quality oriented, office politics
Company Good Location Not so much
Machine Operator- Sew Line (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 11, 2019
This was a good position until management changed and decided to change policies that caused constant turn over. Also, local management always stated that the company stated goals were not the same for our location.
Good solid long term employment
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Laid back work environment, easy going management. HR was very supportive. Very self directed , management very open to changes in work flow to improve processes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hot days in the summer
Challenging work environment due to the nature of the product
Master Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 28, 2017
Great people to work with

Problems arose on daily basis. These issues (mainly quality related) needed solved as quickly as possible in order to minimize the cost of non-conforming product.

Competitive pay and benefits

Family oriented work place
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low margin on most products
Competitive, stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GA 31023October 24, 2017
Management was pleasant to work with, co-workers were aloof. Each day was filled with constant customer orders and complaints. Solutions were often none beneficial to the company. Company had more orders than able to produce, Facility was not able to accommodate the logistics to deliver goods on time. Employees were friendly enough but everyone was too busy to commit to friendship or socialization.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent pay
Fun, motivating co workers, skill, dedicated hard work
Assistant Flexographic Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be running jobs On the flexo press. We make packaging at my machine press I work on with 3 people. We have a rolls of 15 thousand meters or more of film we run in the press to print images on it. We print about a average 80,000 meters We print all things going from dog food bags, human food bags, diapers bags. We have to find defects and solve the problem , measure, test, get messy from ink, from the print. We take multiple big and small parks off the machine and clean them or fix them. We have to do a lot of math and operations on a computer. We lift stuff that is almost a 100 pounds every change over to another job. Most enjoyable part of my job is being constantly busy, learning a skill under my belt and the movation to move higher up and make more money. The best part is to know the harder I work the easier it is to move closer to the top
Pros
Skilled trained job, benefits, 50 cents extra night shift
Cons
Only 3 short breaks in 12 1/2 hours. 30 min lunch is taken out of paycheck. Swing shifts.
This place was a joke to work for.
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyAugust 10, 2018
I worked here in maintenance for a few months. The place was mismanaged and almost went under. They literally lost about half the employees at the Louisville plant.
I walked out after working non-stop 12s for days on end.
Pros
Pay insurance
Cons
Management hours stability
Fast paced productive workplace with good benefits.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MOJuly 14, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly employees. Nice work environment for factory workplace. Good benefits and indemnities. Strong safety guidelines make for a safe work environment. Fast paced, quality focused, workplace. "First time right" motto is job one.
Pros
Free coffee in employee lunch room with fully stocked food kiosk. Good benefits.
Cons
12 hr swing shift which is not for everyone but common place for factory work.
Local business with a lot of potential
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOMay 5, 2018
Organization has a lot of reputable customers that could make this company a high profit company; consistent and effective management could make this company very successful
Decent Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 15, 2016
Machine problems daily
Learned forklifts
Management can be better but decent
Co-Workers are fine
Hard part would be having unknown problems.
Enjoyable part is not being forced into overtime and always having a choice.
Pros
It's a job. You get paid.
Cons
Raises aren't given out when they are supposed to be.
Great work environment
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 16, 2018
Great communication between all levels of employees and everyone was very approachable. Everyone was treated with respect and whenever there was an issue it was always handled professionally.
Satisfying Place of Work
Other (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 7, 2016
Overall Mondi can be a great place to work. Management at the plant level are fantastic, however, there is not much direction from upper management outside the facility. I would recommend that Mondi have more focused direction on the path forward for the company.
Pros
Local Management, Benefits, Time Off
Cons
Upper Management
It was a good place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2018
They got new management and it has went down hill. They do not care about their people. And work holiday and weekend now and never done that tell the new people should up .
Pros
Pay
My daily routine
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WINovember 20, 2013
I do enjoy my job very much but I am always looking to better myself and move up in the company I am with. My co-workers are very good easy going people who all work hard daily. My management I have to say is some of the better I have experienced. They really stick to their words and get necessary things done. The most enjoyable part of my day i would say is at the end of my shift looking at my area and seeing how organized and clean it is. The great thing about my current employer is that learning and moving up are never restricted. I can learn what i want when i want. It is all on me to put the time and effort into my career.
I would recommend Mondi product to anyone.
Operator 1; Operator 1A (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, LAApril 6, 2018
Fun, Interesting, happy people to work with. for the most part employees work very well together. If someone needed help someone was willing to help you. Production guidelines was key to the success of the business.
Company doesn't care about workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOFebruary 26, 2016
Company is only worried about bottom line. Had some mandatory overtime. Doesnt think you should have a life outside work. Was good company when i started there but has gone way downhill since then
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
12 hour rotating shift. Backstabbing people
Excellant place to work for
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAMarch 26, 2018
Nice environment to work for. Loved the 12hrs shift i had to work. Learned how to work operate other equipment at the job. Loading the trucks for shipment to go out
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Couldn't leave the job for lunch breaks
Good work enviroment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 14, 2017
Great employees, good training, good equipment. Management shows they care. Work place culture very professionial. I would let my daughter work there.
Pros
company cares about family values
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mondi. Our community is ready to answer.