Money Management International Employee Reviews

Loved the help we were providing an a non profit agency for the government.
Case Investigator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2019
I enjoyed the work environment. I loved that I was helping out people for what I was doing. Unfortunately, contracts ended with the government, so alot of layoffs.
good company
Enrollment Specialist II (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2019
MMI was a solid company to work for, although I feel that the pay could've been higher. I loved my manager and absolutely loved the people I work with
Ambiente de trabajo
Counselor debt and budget (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
Tuve una linda experiencia. Tienen una gran cultura de trabajo que se debe resaltar. Hay mucha comunicaciĆ³n horizontal en toda la organizaciĆ³n
too long ago
Bankruptcy Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2018
I worked for this company several years ago. The hours were good, 8 - 5, Monday thru Friday. The atmosphere was good. vacation time was sufficient.....
Excellent Employees but Lacking Room to Grow
Housing Counselor (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 1, 2018
MMI offers an ever expanding variety of tools to assist consumers with their personal finances. The largest non-profit of its kind MMI is positioned as a leader in traditional credit counseling, historically focusing on addressing credit card debt.

MM has faced erosion in their credit card management programs due to lenders offering their own internal solutions as well as well as debt settlement companies taking market share. Debt settlement is often an easier prospect for clients, with less focus on financial education and promises of immediate relief. Unfortunately many of these programs do not fully address the issue and can lead to further complications.

MMI has some of the greatest employees I have had the pleasure of working with. Their dedication to their work and commitment to their clients is genuine and inspiring.

MMI has gone through several mergers and acquisitions of smaller credit counseling agencies over the years which lead to a top heavy organization. As such, there is little room for advancement as the company is looking to remain competitive with a surplus of management staff.

New programs and initiatives are frequent and flexibility is required of the employees to meet these challenges. The clients are often reaching out to MMI in a time of great stress and emotions can be high, so a cool head and significant empathy is required in the day to day operations.
Pros
meaningful work, great co-workers
Cons
little room for advancement, can be emotionally exhausting
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
Its a good company to work for. You get to meet lots of clients with different needs. Company offers wide selection of different work hours and days to pick.
Pros
Learn a lot how to save money and budget better
Cons
It can get very loud
relaxed
Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
typical day you would be contacting clients to make sure they are following their budget plan.

I learned how to repair my credit

the hardest part of the job was having to hear a client cry about their financial situation.
Pros
fun place
Cons
short lunch
Branch Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2018
I really don't have much to say about Money Management International. It is a company that I want no part of, thus why I left the company. It's only agenda was getting people set up with a payment plan no matter what and doing it in the shortest time possible.
It was a good company
Financial Counselor/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
There was good training provided and made for the position easy to transition into. Great benefits and open door policy with all staff in management. The only downfall was the calls were timed and sometimes you needed more time to spend with the clients.
Pros
Management was supportivite
A lot of travel. No Regrets.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMay 30, 2018
Twenty - Seven years experience in all aspects of management. A good company to be employed. The industry has many ups and downs. A dedicated group of employees.
MMI Summary
Certified Consumer Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
We were assigned clients to counsel, whether we could see them or not. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the clients that we actually had time to see.
Pros
401-K Plan
Cons
Work load was greater than reality
Productive and fun place to work.
FINANCIAL BUDGET MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
A typical day was trying to answer as many calls as you could. The calls would need to be turned into full sessions which were questions and answers about the callers financial status and how to overcome any obstacles hindering them to save money and pay their bills on time. The hardest part of the job were the when I was not able to help the caller. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the call er understand their budget and move forward. I worked from home so there was not a lot of interaction with other counselors.
Pros
I worked from home.
Resolutions and Mediations
Bankruptcy Counselor/Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
In mediating between clients, financial institutions, and attorneys for favorable resolutions on our client's behalf, each experience was an enthusiastic learning project--
Pros
Helping people with financial solutions
Cons
When resolutions were not favorable to the clients
this company suuuuucks
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, apply nor work for this company. They basically consider their employees garbage and disposable. They're quick to cut you from employment at a moments notice. They do not care for your well being. They do massive lay offs every year. NO ONE is safe except the higher ups.
i really like working there
MHA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2018
it was a good place to work, but the salary was very low and no opportunity to grow, other then that good place to be, also it was a small company, management was good
Fun workplace
RIGHT START COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2018
MMI was a fun and energetic place to work. However, there was not too much room for advancement or increase of pay opportunities. I loved working at MMI and will always think fondly of the clients I helped as well as the many friends and teammates that I was able to make.
Pros
Fun, not far from my home
Cons
No advancment. No raises
Money Management International
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
It was a great opportunity. They had run to grow. it was an absolute blast at indeed, highly recommend. Management can be okay at times, can definitely play favorites. Overall, the culture is great a lot of people at the company want to make sure their employees are happy.
Fun working place with great benefits
MHA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2018
Enjoyed working here, great fast past and steady environment and great managers and staff easy to work with, no complaints. Would recommend to others to work here as well.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Too short of assignment
Good for a temporary job to learn budgeting
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2018
As far as the goal and vision of MMI as a whole, it is great. However, the management was quite poor as a whole. There was very little opportunities for advancement as well, and overall really only 1 option that isn't explained well enough to the clients/customers as a whole.
Pros
Educational for how to keep a budget and credit habits
Cons
Little advancement opportunities
Mergers with additional industry organizations are frequent.
Director- QA/Training Support Services (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 25, 2018
Incoming employees from the merged company will usually experience a Reduction In Force within a year. Company is the largest in the Credit Counseling Industry headquartered in Sugar Land Texas.
Benefits
Cons
Frequent RIFs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Money Management International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight