Money Management International Employee Reviews

MMI Summary
Certified Consumer Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
We were assigned clients to counsel, whether we could see them or not. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the clients that we actually had time to see.
Pros
401-K Plan
Cons
Work load was greater than reality
Resolutions and Mediations
Bankruptcy Counselor/Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
In mediating between clients, financial institutions, and attorneys for favorable resolutions on our client's behalf, each experience was an enthusiastic learning project--
Pros
Helping people with financial solutions
Cons
When resolutions were not favorable to the clients
this company suuuuucks
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, apply nor work for this company. They basically consider their employees garbage and disposable. They're quick to cut you from employment at a moments notice. They do not care for your well being. They do massive lay offs every year. NO ONE is safe except the higher ups.
i really like working there
MHA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2018
it was a good place to work, but the salary was very low and no opportunity to grow, other then that good place to be, also it was a small company, management was good
Fun workplace
RIGHT START COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2018
MMI was a fun and energetic place to work. However, there was not too much room for advancement or increase of pay opportunities. I loved working at MMI and will always think fondly of the clients I helped as well as the many friends and teammates that I was able to make.
Pros
Fun, not far from my home
Cons
No advancment. No raises
Money Management International
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
It was a great opportunity. They had run to grow. it was an absolute blast at indeed, highly recommend. Management can be okay at times, can definitely play favorites. Overall, the culture is great a lot of people at the company want to make sure their employees are happy.
Fun working place with great benefits
MHA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2018
Enjoyed working here, great fast past and steady environment and great managers and staff easy to work with, no complaints. Would recommend to others to work here as well.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Too short of assignment
Good for a temporary job to learn budgeting
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2018
As far as the goal and vision of MMI as a whole, it is great. However, the management was quite poor as a whole. There was very little opportunities for advancement as well, and overall really only 1 option that isn't explained well enough to the clients/customers as a whole.
Pros
Educational for how to keep a budget and credit habits
Cons
Little advancement opportunities
Mergers with additional industry organizations are frequent.
Director- QA/Training Support Services (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 25, 2018
Incoming employees from the merged company will usually experience a Reduction In Force within a year. Company is the largest in the Credit Counseling Industry headquartered in Sugar Land Texas.
Benefits
Cons
Frequent RIFs
Manager of Document Management (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 1, 2017
Good place to work. The volume of work changes quickly so job security can be a negative issue but all and all a good place with good people. Thanks for asking
Pros
All good
Good Company
Counseling Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2017
I worked in this agency for over 13 years. The department employee were very closed and helped the team overall to produce the required results.

Management was always friendly and showed support for employee recogonition.
Pros
very family orientated
Cons
bonus structure
Excellent workplace!
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
I worked for MMI for 14 years and I loved my job. The atmosphere is very relaxed and your supervisors treat you as friends.

The typical day would start with reading and replying to emails and checking the tasks to be performed for the day. I would then run SQL queries and create reports with the query output. I would also have to write certain ad hoc queries using T_SQL. Sometimes, I would have to automate an Excel workbook or an Access database using VBA.

I worked remote the last few years with MMI and kept in touch with my supervisor via email and IM.Even though I enjoyed working from home, I missed the camaraderie with fellow workers and the pleasant and relaxed work areas, cafeterias and lounges.

If you ever have the chance to work for MMI, I would highly recommend it.
The debt management plan works. The management team no ethics
Client Support Services Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 31, 2017
The product of Money Management International is a great tool for consumers getting out of debt. There is no integrity and loyalty to the employees. The employee has no voice! The Louisiana management team shows fairness to only its own in LA . Bad communication skills and no loyalty to the sugarland , tx location
Dying Industry
Learning and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
Money Management International is a non-profit debt and credit cou nseling agency. The agency is well run with good leadership, however it is in a dying industry. The 3 main services are as follows:

Debt and budget counseling - many creditors offer in-house programs to assist consumers who are having difficulty repaying debt. These in house programs reduce the need for this type of service.

Bankruptcy Counseling - As the economy improves and unemployment numbers decline, there is a declining need for this service as well.

Housing counseling - The collapse of the housing market created a great need for foreclosure prevention services, however the housing market has rebounded and the need for this service has declined.
Fast Paced
Certified Consumer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 12, 2017
You are always busy on the phone or doing a lot of follow up on cases. We help others consolidate their debt. I love helping others especially in tough financial situations.
Cons
No annual raises
Productive and informative
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
Typical day: Print out my reports,send out proposals to creditors, talk to creditors and input proposals into system.Fax over accepted proposals to receiving department
Fast paced work enviroment
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Florida, COOctober 5, 2017
You work alone most of the time
Work can be stressful at times
Pay is not competitive
Vacation could be better
No overtime
Work from home
Training is low and you have to learn on your own
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
No overtime
Good Place to work
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 5, 2017
The job is rewarding as to help people in need of assistance. I have learned valuable information allowing me to be successful. Every year you don't know if you will be laid off.
Pros
People
Cons
lack of advancement and job security
Great Nonprofit Cause
Marketing & Communications Program Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 2, 2017
While I enjoyed working for a wonderful cause, the organization struggled to maintain economic challenges, making it hard to afford to remain a happy and productive employee.
Very good company
First Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
I loved this job it was like the perfect job except for my hours which were 12 to 7 pm but I could live with that. There was a huge lay off so I could no longer work there. But they were consistent with training, very friendly and the software was easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Money Management International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight