MoneyGram Employee Reviews

National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The company's core values drove the business, and the people there were among the best I have encountered anywhere. I miss being there, to be honest.
Partnership Development Manager
Partnership Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2018
Enthusiastic seasoned sales professional. Looking to grow a client base, increase profit margins and contribute to the overall success of a progressive organization
Great workplace
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2018
MoneyGram offered strong culture offers mutual support, promoted trust, rewards employees’ efforts, and ensures that employees knew their work is meaningful.
Pros
Cultural
Cons
Short Term
Challenging Enviroment
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 23, 2018
Money transfer industry is a challenging environment with the government regulations and MoneyGram is suffering through these times. Competitive hurdles are becoming harder to overcome
Benefits
Cons
Government regulations
Productive Work Place
Records Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 11, 2018
MoneyGram is a great company to work for and leans heavily on diversity to be a part of their core values. MoneyGram opens up new doors within the company for people to grow!
Empresa global
CSD (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, ColoradoOctober 9, 2018
Empresa com forte cultura internacional. Aprendi lidereança com eles e como lidar com diferentes nacionalidades combatendo lavagem de dinheiro e transações fraudulentas.
Pros
Liderença
Cons
Sistema hierárquico arcáico
Upper management favortism
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 28, 2018
Moneygram overall is a great company but the leadership and management is poor. FPP needs to get rid of upper management to let the new/incoming employees give more perspective. Everyone here has been here for more than 20 years and is stuck in their ways.
Pros
parking ramp. easy to book a room for meetings
Cons
benefits, poor leadership, lack of organizational direction
It is great place for beginners to learn
Financial/ Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I had best time of my life working there. I learned how to be professional and accurate about reporting. We had overtime all week long. Management is involved in daily activities. Give equal job opportunity to everyone
Great company with lots of changes
Partnership Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2018
Great company with lots of changes and challenges in growing market share. Need to cut on red tape and bureaucracy. Things could move a lot faster in todays world.
Challenging, fast paced, highly visible
Senior FP&A Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
Challenging, fast paced, highly visible.

MoneyGram is a great place to work with a dynamic workforce. It is very stressful and challenging, but at the same time quite rewarding.
Great team of people
Director, Global Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
The executive teams do a good job of getting to know lower level employees. The changes that have been made to the management organization have a positive effect on the company culture.
Great environment to work
Software developer III (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 27, 2018
We are free to try what ever we want and adapt latest technology.

Friendly atmosphere, people are really helpful.

Management communications are transparent
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Company is not making good profits
Enjoyable days at MoneyGram
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2018
It is not often that one can say they enjoy their job but I do. I thoroughly enjoy my manager, the employees that report to me and the entire Credit team. Additionally I relish the global company that MoneyGram is, for example today I spoke or communicated with colleges in Dubai, Athens, Singapore, Dallas and Moscow. I also enjoy my open communication with executive leaders at MoneyGram, I regularly hear from and contact our Tresurer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Revenue Officer. MoneyGram employees around 2,500 people around the globe and I believe at one point have communicated with at least half of them and they know who I am. In my career at MoneyGram I have traveled to Canada, Turks and Caicos, Trinidad, European countries of Spain, UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Italy, Cyprus and Greece.

I enjoy that every day is different, I may receive financial statements to review from around the globe. These statements are in US GAAP and non US GAAP. Have you ever spread annual financial statements from Nepal with their Hindu calendar and a year end of Ashad 31, 2074 (July 15, 2017)? Or statements from India with their numbering system of Lakhs? Always at the end of the day assets equal liabilities plus equity.

Additionally the Credit team has been equally diverse. Over the year my colleges in Minneapolis have come from Russia, France, Canada, Laos (Laotian and Hmong), Mexico, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Kenya, Zambia and of course the US.
Pros
Diversity, People, never Boring
Very Volatile Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  DallasJuly 11, 2018
No job security at all. Nothing is based on past performance and leadership does a poor job of planning future. Makes up for poor decisions and lack of revenue by reducing headcount.
Money Gram
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 31, 2018
It's been fantastic experience that I have learned many thing with my current position. But I feel, I can't see any place to advance within the organisation, and I love to be challenged, so I think it's good time to move on
left before the recession destroyed the firm
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 29, 2018
When I was there the company was growing leaps and bounds on the wire transfer side of the business. However I had determined I was going to leave after I had returned from a vacation due to a conversation I had with a senior manager that scared me about the arrogance that senior management was developing. Instead I was let go because someone in senior management didn't get terms of a new contract with an agent relationship properly submitted to the IT department and I found the error meaning we owed that agent relationship a large sum of money, over $1MM. The recession destroyed the value of the company and it was subsequently sold to an investment capital group based out to Dallas and all business operations (outside of call center operations) were moved down to Dallas. I have no clue how well the firm is currently doing but at the time I was there it was a very intense environment where 12-15 hour days were expected. Yet I was able to get my work done in 8 hours and after I left they needed 3 people to fill my role.
Need to rethink mission and vision
Supervisor - Data Analyst III (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 27, 2018
While working for this company, the US Lakewood management was good to employees. The work balance was excellent and career advancement as well.

2015 forward, I am unable to comment on company's whereabouts.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poor management. Cookie cutter mentality
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 18, 2018
Poor management; Cookie cutter mentality. No work life balance. Poor systems, cases were repeated in cue two or more times a day. Several people worked the same case multiple times. No real solutions was ever made or given to a case.
Outsourced
Technical Support IV (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 18, 2018
Just another company that has taken its workforce to a cheaper labor country and laid off its domestic workers, About the money not about the people of Moneygram.
enjoyed working with the company
Specialist 1I (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did with the company. The main office was in Golden Valley which I did not want to work at that location and worked in the Brooklyn Center location.
Pros
Casual work area
Cons
payscale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyGram. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss