MoneyGram Employee Reviews

Very Volatile Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  DallasJuly 11, 2018
No job security at all. Nothing is based on past performance and leadership does a poor job of planning future. Makes up for poor decisions and lack of revenue by reducing headcount.
Money Gram
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 31, 2018
It's been fantastic experience that I have learned many thing with my current position. But I feel, I can't see any place to advance within the organisation, and I love to be challenged, so I think it's good time to move on
left before the recession destroyed the firm
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 29, 2018
When I was there the company was growing leaps and bounds on the wire transfer side of the business. However I had determined I was going to leave after I had returned from a vacation due to a conversation I had with a senior manager that scared me about the arrogance that senior management was developing. Instead I was let go because someone in senior management didn't get terms of a new contract with an agent relationship properly submitted to the IT department and I found the error meaning we owed that agent relationship a large sum of money, over $1MM. The recession destroyed the value of the company and it was subsequently sold to an investment capital group based out to Dallas and all business operations (outside of call center operations) were moved down to Dallas. I have no clue how well the firm is currently doing but at the time I was there it was a very intense environment where 12-15 hour days were expected. Yet I was able to get my work done in 8 hours and after I left they needed 3 people to fill my role.
Need to rethink mission and vision
Supervisor - Data Analyst III (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 27, 2018
While working for this company, the US Lakewood management was good to employees. The work balance was excellent and career advancement as well.

2015 forward, I am unable to comment on company's whereabouts.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poor management. Cookie cutter mentality
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 18, 2018
Poor management; Cookie cutter mentality. No work life balance. Poor systems, cases were repeated in cue two or more times a day. Several people worked the same case multiple times. No real solutions was ever made or given to a case.
Outsourced
Technical Support IV (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 18, 2018
Just another company that has taken its workforce to a cheaper labor country and laid off its domestic workers, About the money not about the people of Moneygram.
enjoyed working with the company
Specialist 1I (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did with the company. The main office was in Golden Valley which I did not want to work at that location and worked in the Brooklyn Center location.
Pros
Casual work area
Cons
payscale
Company without a strategy after blocked merger with Chinese firm
Corporate office employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
A firm with great people in most of the teams, but unable to overcome ongoing reductions in business with largest customer and correct compliance issues leading firm to still be under monitor oversight following 2012 deferred prosecution agreement.
Pros
Good 401k match and market competitive salaries
Cons
Small firm with limited career advancement opportunities
Transitions
Sanctions / OFAC Programs Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 23, 2018
Pros: Global Company with a recognizable presence.
Cons: Transitions are making for a lot of miscommunication and high stress levels in all areas of the company.
Company in financial trouble with no strategtic leadership.
Director of IT Engineering and Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 17, 2018
Financials do not look good. Lack of long term strategy for competing on the money transfer business. After the ANT Financial deal was not approved there seemed to be no plan B to move forward. Large tech debt.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not much high level direction

Want to know more about MoneyGram?

Ask a question
Stay Away
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2018
Horrendous management, weird greedy culture, power hungry executives - if you have half a brain stay away at all counts. not worth it. Old company with putrid customer service.
Pros
Cons
You name it.
ok place
Global Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
Upper level management not clear direction of the company. small team is great like a family. horrible marketing team and IT team. compensation is good, benefit sucks.
Good work environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 28, 2018
Strict work rules and regulation for employees, flexible timings. Good part of accompany is to keep focus on work and not time to provide better quality work.
Stressful, Lack of teamwork, career advance limited to primary men
Compliance Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 26, 2018
Workplace culture did not create a positive team environment. The work was stressful, but management was the hardest thing to navigate. They would create division among employees which created an environment where no one could trust each other.
Pros
Work space was spacious
Cons
No work life balance, advance was based on work product
Poor Executive Managment
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2018
All the problems at MGI are due to the executive management. People don't quit, nearly as much as people are let go...constant management changes also include moving older employees out and moving new ones in.
Not the same company anymore
IT Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNMarch 22, 2018
This used to be a fun and innovative company. Now unfortunately its being run more like a sweatshop and the moral is very low.

Example: We had 4 CIO's in 6 years.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Executive/Senior leadership; Benefits
Overall, a good place to work at
Regional Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2018
The benefits are very good, and its a stable company with a healthy overall corporate environment. There is room for growth within the company. Overall, it has been a great learning experience.
Fun and exciting place to work!
Sr. Support Analyst Level I - IV (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 12, 2018
I worked at MoneyGram Payment Systems for many years and found it to be a rewarding job. They are tough on their employees at times but it's a financial company that is regulated by the government so some policies must be strict. MoneyGram staff does want you to succeed and will do its part to assist you with your career goals.
Pros
Advancement opportunities and great people!
Cons
MoneyGram's compensation is average or below average.
Day Work
Partnership Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, ConnecticutMarch 12, 2018
New Sales and business development.Account Management NY & CT States. New Growth. Exceeding Targets. New Strategic partnerships. competitive takeaways.
Challenging and productive environment
Head of Sales and Account Management - West Region (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMarch 8, 2018
Management was results oriented. A fast paced environment with many day to day challenges and opportunities. Management had an open door policy. Good chance for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyGram. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.