MoneyGram

MoneyGram Employee Reviews

United States346 reviews

complianceinternationaloutsourcedallastransferagentmoneyculture

Good work-life balance

Work-life balance is great. Management is flexible. Benefits are above average. Pto is standard, paid holiday days are plentiful. Pay is the biggest issue & it isn’t too low compared to similar companies

Remote Flexibilty

Really do not know any other thing about them, I got an offer from them and doing my research as to whether they are a good company to work with. Hopeful!

MoneyGram insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Moneygram review

Good place to work at the start but little knowledge growth of own role and progression for promotion is almost non existent. Salary is quite competitive.

Pros

Remote working options, salary competitive.

Cons

Lack of progress, no promotions

Productive and very interesting job

When I work here it was in 2009 at the location in Lakewood I really enjoy it it was great however they relocated back to Texas and I got laid off however I have no complaints to do it was well paid and there was a lot of benefits

Loved working here - account manager

This was by far the best job ever. I would say that the community within work is what made me feel it was the best job ever. Everyone helps you learn and if you ever get stuck or need help someone from the team would always help. The work itself was a lot to handle at first but by taking great notes and using your resources you eventually learn everything and succeed. I honestly miss this job and was extremely disappointed that the work was taken oversees. If they come back I would definitely apply. I might apply in the future if they start offering remote work. At that time that I worked, the company was transitioning to work oversees so they got a company to contract people to work for the time being of about a year. I was hired under contract position and was extremely underpaid for the job. I was paid about $16 and hour when others were making over $25 dollars and hour. When I found out I was very disappointed but the experience I gained from working here was all worth it and I am glad I stayed. This company is really great if you know another language In addition to English. We speak with different clients across the world. Please bring money gram back to Colorado or provide remote jobs in Colorado.

Well structured

It was a blast to work here before they shipped jobs overseas. All procedures were perfectly documented. Managers were very helpful. Easy work/life balance and lots of vacation time.

What is the best part of working at the company?It's a job What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No support from management, poor pay, poor outlook for the future

Good benefits

I liked working here for some time. Work life balance is team and manager specific. I wish they encouraged lateral movement of resources and offered some personal growth opportunities. Whatever later movement I have seen around here is limited to people with right connections and leverage. Most folks look outwards.

Pros

Benefits - 401K match, Pto, parental leave policy, dependent care etc

Cons

no professional growth opportunity

Horrible direction and management

Let this be a last option. Especially if you are black. No career path and very lucky in advancement with little pay. No real work culture , please avoid.

Great place to work.

Dallas isn't as nice as Denver where the headquarters is located. The heat can get pretty draining in Dallas as well as the tolls. Traffic is pretty bad too.

Is a workplace very comfortable and yours manager can hear yours employees

Is a good workplace is facility in everything the employees needs, my manager was very good boss and excellent manager, because she learned a lot skills.

Pros

Yes has lunch free

Cons

Yes has a short breaks

Lots of tedious unnecessary work and poor communication

No plan or process in place and overall goals not communicated. Lack of leadership or guidance and lots of extra busy work given with no clear direction.

Great company, poor management.

MoneyGram it's a great company with poor management. They like to clean the house when you reach certain age, so If you are less than 35 years old, you will be fine, this is not my personal opinion, was told by a high role. USA team it's manage from Europe, which make it very difficult for the USA team because they literally want to manage USA same as Europe, when yes it's the same product BUT different markets, so that makes no sense. The compensation plan it's designed to not to pay bonuses, you will never reach their goals because are not realistic, but they know that. If you are less than 35 and can live comfortable without bonuses, go for it, MGI as a company it's really great. But if you're looking for long term, and you want to retire from the company, you will need to move to other roles other than sales or use them temporarily while you find another place to work, they are great for that purpose. Good luck!

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Poor management.

Best job I have had so far in my career!!

I work with great management that is always willing to promote and increase pay when they are wanting to keep you with the company. I have learned more software platforms, developed further in my career and continue to grow into a stronger asset for the company.

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Pay, Culture

Like someone else said, feels like a sweatshop

Feels like I can't take lunch or bathroom breaks based on the work volume. No work life balance! Lots of turn over by management and feels like there is no real direction.

Great Place to hone skills

The culture is sink or swim. The environment is not one for the weak. Problem solving skills are a must in order to be successful. Turnover is high - which lead to lots of errors.

Pros

Opportunity to learn

Cons

Employees/people are disposable

Sweat Shop Mentality

As a contractor your treated poorly. Direct management has no sense of worth and value towards employee’s. I do not recommend this workplace to anyone, stay away!

Pros

N/a

Cons

Toxic Environment

Good Firm, with multiple developments

It is a good to work. Some people are really a GEM and you learn a lot through them. However some are very difficult to engage with and you learn to tackle through them. Pros: If you want to be a part of an organisation where you do not just do what your job title suggests then please join it. If you want to identified out in the group then again it is convenient place to do that. Team Size is usually small, hence recognition is definitely an added point.Cons: If you want to get some outside learning, then this is a hard place to bargain with. Job Security is one such aspect which really pulls down the rating. Organisational restructuring is very rampant in this firm and hence you don't know when you might get thrown away.

They seem to have regular layoffs on an annual basis. No position is spared from the layoffs. Not a long term job.

Was hired with out reporting employees knowledge which made for animosity. It was difficult to gain respect as a new employee from co-workers. The employees that have been there a while or reluctant to hear other opinions and tend to make other employees look bad. The tenure employees fight change that would make them more productive. With exception of a few not a friendly place to work. Upper management not friendly at all unless you are part of their group.

Pros

The salaries are competitive. Benefits are average.

Cons

The company tends to have a reduction in force at least once a year, a few months they start a hiring trend only to have another layoff in about a year.

Revenue driven; trusting; family oriented

1. All KPI's are regarding revenue2. Hit your numbers and there is no micro managing3. Care about all levels of employees4. over 20 PTO days per year5. Many departments to transfer withinOverall, nice company to work for and most people who work there stay for many years and have many opportunities for growth and development. Co-workers get along very well and have many positive international interactions.

Pros

Competitive Salary

Cons

Too Many daily reports on items that do not matter

This company went through cycles of statuses

After 2008 the company went on life support mode. Top management kept employees in dark and really took care of themselves. Favoring some over others took place especially the ones who shouted the most got favored. Many staff members did not get what they deserved and vice versa. Long hours due to overseas locations were unbearable. On the bright side, good life lessons were taught through these years of ups and downs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyGram. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare MoneyGram with

• MoneyGram
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?