MONOC

Working at MONOC: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

workplace

Starting out the workplace was fun and we felt like a family. I have learned a lot and was able to grow and be in different positions. I had worked with a lot of managers and learned a lot from them.

Excellent company to work for. Sorry it is no longer in business.

MONOC was a great place to work. So many employees and managers were devastated to hear that MONOC would no longer be providing services after April, 2020.

MONOC insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

MONOC Is a great company to work for

I like working 3 days a week but the days are long. I learned a lot about management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working the 3 days a week.

Terrible

I would never recommend this place to anyone. They treat their employees terrible, they practically take full advantage of everyone. They have a history of writing people up.

Pros

nothing

Cons

I left

Job

Good job, but based on who you know, and your ability to assimilate with the monoc credo. I learned a lot because this was my first full time paramedic job, I am thankful for the volume, But not for the management! .

Pros

Education

Cons

Micro management in all aren\as even though it was not necxessary

Started as a typist doing jobs for owner.

Part of the office was medical transcription. When I was done with my work the girls let me try transcription and then asked me when I graduated high high school it I wanted to start full time training to be a transcriptionist which I did.

Pros

Got one on one transcription training

Horrible company

They scam thier customers with outrageously high bills they are an OSHA night mare this company must be reported for fraud they are very misleading in thier processes and need to be dealt with class action suit pending

Pros

Cons

Many

fun

Working at Monoc is a great experience. It's a rewarding job and a fun job. I love helping people and taking care of them when the need help. I recommend working at Monoc.

Pros

rewarding job

Cons

12 shifts

Productive place to work

My Department was responsible for the Education and Training of both EMT's and Paramedics. We provided Education to EMT's to maintain certification. We taught classes for the local first aid squads as well as the local hospitals. I maintained 20-30 Instructors to help with teaching. I am certified as an Instructor in many areas related to EMS and hosptials

Pros

Good benefits and working with all my Instructors

My manager is amazing.

I am only a per diem employee for the past five years in the education department. My employment for the past five years has been a rewarding experience as well as an educational benefit.

Lowest paid; high turn over. Hostile managers

If you want to get your foot wet after EMT school this is the place. High turn over. They start you off $10.50 per hour for EMT supervisors are unfriendly and will look to stick you with points for every wrong thing they can find and the trucks are old and will break down. As a result employees are over worked tired and stressed out and upper management either don't see it or don't care.

Pros

Employment

Bottom of the barrel

Due to terrible pay, with few exceptions, They end up with the absolute Bottom of the barrel medics of NJ. The good ones go elsewhere where pay is is literally 2-3x more. Paid BLS providers make more than ALS does here

Pros

Local

Cons

Pay and incompetent colleagues due to it

Low pay and low respect

MONOC is the lowest paid paramedic project in the state of NJ. Field supervisors are burnt out and overworked and upper management manages by fear and punishment. Neighboring projects pay $6-7 an hour more plus bonuses and shift differential which you do not get at MONOC. Health benefits are good.

Exceptional Company to work for

Monoc simply put was the best EMS company I worked for. from Management to co-workers to the company values and commitment to positive patient care outcomes was across the board an A+. Upon graduating Medic school and without opening for Medics at the time, I elected to move on to a Medic position with Virtua. I am yet to find a dissatisfied employee with Monoc and most have been there for most of their career and will probably end their career with at least a maintained per diem spot.

Pros

culture, values, management, co-workers, benefits

Cons

pay was just average, but the atmosphere at Monoc makes up for the extra couple dollars an hour found elsewhere.

Life at MONOC

MONOC is great to work for as long as the equipment works and the vehicles start.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

broken equipment, broken vehicles

A fun and challenging job.

it was very challenging helping the injured and sick. I felt good at the end of the day by helping them anyway i could.This job was very interesting and the co-workers were excellent to work with. Also the benefits were really good and the hours were perfect.

Good money, thats about it

Made great money but communications center is poorly run and management is not employee friendly.

Pros

good money

Cons

care little about employees

Very rewarding and family focused place to work

Working 3 twelve hour shifts per week allowing for plenty of time off was great for raising a family. Management was always supportive and fair and strived to provide the best working environment possible.The hardest part of the job was losing patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that yo did something good for someone else.

Pros

great schedule

Cons

minimal room for advancement

Puppy Mill

Used to be a great place to work. Kept salaries in check with the market, but that has all changed. It's all about warm bodies in the trucks now.

Pros

local, good trucks, education

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MONOC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about MONOC in popular locations

• MONOC