Monongahela Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Just don't do it.
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJuly 29, 2018
The pay is reasonable, the benefits are a joke. They run dangerously short staffed. In recent years the union has become a shell of what it used to be. Management is extremely shady.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short staffing, short breaks, horrendous management
Great place
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJuly 17, 2018
Great hospital to work at. Great staff, who cares about each employee. I was a student in the acute care floor. I learned a lot and had the best experience.
Serious but inviting and productive atmosphere
Specialist in Quality and Utilization (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAMay 18, 2018
I've learned a host of analytical, EHR, and data gathering skills. I gained the opportunity to further my professional development far and above what it was before I started.
Poor Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAApril 4, 2018
Rounds of hospital, patient watch's, and working valet were a typical day at Mon Valley Hospital. Coworkers made the workplace culture fun, but the Security Captain maintained his favorites. I left the job due to a family emergency with my 15 year old, at the time, daughter that the Captain did not feel was important enough to disturb my work shift.
Cons
Poor management
Work environment is tolerable. Lot of positives working there. Perhaps some need to see changes in certain management positions.
Learning Management System Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleroi, PAMarch 29, 2018
Overall MVH is a good place to work with competitive salaries for most positions. The culture is overall good. Do not look for any major pay raises unless you are in management, but overall the benefits are good.
Very professional place to work
Outpatient Services Registrar (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAMarch 23, 2018
My managers are very professional as well as my coworkers. I work 8 hour shifts taking care of patients coming in for outpatient procedures. I register and check all of their insurances. The hospital has many different cultures and beliefs. The hardest part of my job is trying to satisfy all patients to their needs even if its not a part of my job title. I enjoy working with the public and also with my coworkers.
Pros
paid lunch time
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to learn in a great work environment
Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Melenyzer buildingMarch 19, 2018
Most employees are very nice and helpful. Job is challenging - continued learning in a relaxed environment. Managers want you to succeed as long as you are willing to work.
Pros
paid lunch/break
Cons
unable to leave campus for lunch/break
Don’t try phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAFebruary 8, 2018
The lab managers are a joke. There are three of them, and between them a schedule still could not be made. They demand hard work, but show no appreciation or incentive to stay. I worked numerous years and watched countless full time positions pass by. The union does nothing but collect dues. They never provided any benefits to make work better for us.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, hard to work for
MVH is a decent place to work.
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJanuary 25, 2018
A lot of hard work washing, packaging and sterilizing surgical instruments for the operating room. Picking cases, putting supplies in carts and taking them to the OR. Stocking the clean supply rooms and refilling crash carts. If needed, overtime is permitted but only as a last resort so from time to time the department is short-handed.

Lunch time is never rushed but enjoyed because usually there's no interuptions.
Pros
Lunchtime is rest time.
Cons
After 3pm the evening shift is required to answer the phones and make deliveries.
great place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Staff worked well together. Collaborative work experience and management was supportive. Everyone worked well together and covered for each other. Managers were willing to teach.
Xray tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PADecember 17, 2017
I good place to work. At the time I was employed there there was lack of advaancement within radiology. I decided to go to a trauma center in hopes of advancement. Ended up coming back casual in a more lucrative career at mon valley.
Great learning environment
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 28, 2017
I learned so much from my coworkers being a new hire fresh out of Radiology school. I owe this community hospital for all the knowledge I gained while being employed here for 3 years. Highly recommend this for new graduates. You will learn and be comfortable in any Radiology department you will ever step foot in. Pay was not as high as some other hospitals but the learning experience was priceless. Healthcare was okay. Radiology is union.
Pros
Fair schedule
Cons
Shift work
Patient care
Cook Helper, Waitress, Cashier, Cook (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PANovember 15, 2017
Fast pace
the goal is to take care of our patient the way we would take care of our family
Employees receive benefits with affordable healthcare, 401k
Great benefits,
Dietetic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAOctober 9, 2017
When I was clinical it was very satisfying working with the patients. The Dining Service Manager was very difficult to work with. My previous Managers were wonderful.
Crnp er
CRNP Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAOctober 4, 2017
Fast paced environment, physicians were cut throat and back stabbing, and didn't support you in your work. Often worked longer hours than expected. Drive was VERY far from Pittsburgh.
Pros
Cons
Location/Pay
I have never been treated so badly by fellow coworkers
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PASeptember 29, 2017
At Mon Valley employees were rude to each other, backstabbed each other, and some simply lazy and unhelpful. Worst place I've worked by far. Horrible
Pros
Cons
infighting among employees
Good working environment Nice & fun place to work
Central Scheduler/Registration Clerk(Er Op) (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PASeptember 9, 2017
Get along with co-workers. Pleasant friendly people. Learning experience on different jobs. Management could use improvement. Work duties different as years go by
Pros
Good pay, good work environment
Cons
To many Bosses, different attitudes fellow employes
Staffing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 17, 2017
Hospital is understaffed. There is a lot of managerial workers trying to manage an understaffed building. They do not compete with salaries at other facilities. The acuity is high. Multiple drug over doses daily.
Fast paced office and never a boring moment. Always busy!
Medical Staff Secretary (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PA 15063August 4, 2017
A typical day at work was not by no means typical. I learned the different personalities of all the physicians as well as my co-workers. I learned many new things regarding my job as well as different cultures of all the people I interacted throughout the day. The hardest part of the job was learning the many different tasks we were responsible for and the most enjoyable part of the job was just being proud of what I accomplished at the end of the day.
Pros
Interacting with people
Cons
Sometimes it was very stressful.
Positive place to work
Director of Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJuly 10, 2017
Many opportunities for advancement throughout the years I was employed
Great Mentors and Leadership
I met several people who became really good friends
Very good work life balance, family first.
You are able to give your opinion in discussions and not feel judged