Monotype Employee Reviews

great benefits
Senior Events & Sponorships Manager (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 14, 2018
They offer great benefits, allow for remote worrking. They add many onsite activities to keep employees engaged. However, they need to work on transperancy and communication. Too many silos.
great place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 12, 2016
easy laid back environment, a lot of people work from home on friday's. snack machine free flavored water free coffee and fruit. Currently have thirsty thursday's
Pros
free lunches time to time
Great job. Frequent travel (80%). Good training.
Field Service Engineer for Monotype's LASER (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 22, 2015
I loved this job. I was a field service engineer for LASER typesetting equipment. My territory was primarily Chicago, and the Midwest. The training was great, the hours very good, my manager and support staff were all high quality and took care of the field people quite well.
Pros
Travel, Field Service, great benefits, quarterly commissions.
Cons
It was a lot of travel but I enjoyed it. Sometimes had to go sick.
Diverse responsibilities and very talented coworkers
Senior Field Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 24, 2014
Frequently travelled to customer sites to give educational seminars on available Monotype products and developer level workshops on product functionality and integration. When in the office I regularly developed customer requested utilities to allow development to easily proceed and executed issue resolution. I stayed abreast of Monotype's product development in the form of training and individual programming. I worked with a diverse group of coworkers including Typographers and Tools developers and integrated regularly with Project Managers and Sales Representatives. There was great support from management and coworkers throughout all of my responsibilities. The travel was very interesting and informative but sometimes led to very long work days.