Monro Muffler/Brake Employee Reviews

Dangerous
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2019
Absolute worst company ever. Good place to get ripped off and vehicle damaged. Employees have no drug screen paid $9 an hour and very inexperienced. Old equipment is unsafe.
Amazing Management and leadership
Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 17, 2019
During my time at Mr.Tire I grew as a technician and loved the opportunities at hand. Started off at a low level technician and being invested in to grow and gain more knowledge is worth the price of gold in my opinion, and that’s the key that Monro had to offer during my time of employment.
ok
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 16, 2019
working for monro was ok, the pay was good, benefits decent. The hours were long and having to work 6 days a week doesn't fit into my life, especially with children.
Not ideal for someone new to auto repair
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJApril 14, 2019
Monro Muffler is a Fine Place to work if you have lots of knowledge and skill and how are you able to produce a lot of work because you get paid based off of how much you do similar to flat rate but you have to hit a certain dollar amount or else you get a $7.50guarantee
Pros
Potential to make a lot of money
Cons
Hard to make a lot of money
Bad not a good job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 10, 2019
Lack of leadership, No money to be made, Didn't get treaded as a person just a worker. shop was always dirty Equipment wasnold and always broken, just not a good place to work
Cons
Health care was way to Expensive
hack
Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 9, 2019
this place will hire anyone with a pulse. no licence sure come on in. they will pay you a max of 12/hr with commision if you do enough work. if you want to make money in berkd other than sinking spring you have to sell stuff cars dont need. that wasnt somthing i was willing to do so my paycheck suffered.
Pros
easy hourly pay
Cons
poor pay. poor management. most customers looking for just a cheap oil change
Human resource/account payable, recruiter
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2019
AMAZING COMPANY if I relocate back to Rochester New York, I would without a doubt return to this company. My whole team during my employment there were an amazing team
Fast work environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2019
Learned many different things. The work is on a timed schedule you have to be fast. I enjoy working with diverse people it was very fun. The breaks were half an hour and they have different shift options.
Decent place to start worst place to advance
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMarch 27, 2019
Monro Muffler is a good place to start if you’re just starting in the automotive field or if you’re interested in the field but is the worst place to advance. There are no career opportunities, there is no training they just throw you in. They claim to offer to pay for your ASE certifications but expect you to wait 3months while you pay $100+ Per registration and a test. You’re underpaid. You don’t get commission it’s a false promise. They expect you to pull in a bunch of work and only give you 10% of it in commission IF YOU make more than your hourly wage. Communication is terrible and creates a delay with the customers and techs. Management is poor because they don’t care about their employees. If they did they wouldn’t make false promises and pay minimum wage. A lube tech at Valvoline or a foam and car wash gets paid more than this company pays. It’s a joke.
Pros
Good for a start in automotive
Cons
No lunch breaks but is deducted from pay, poor management, poor communication skills, False promises
Do not work for this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manson, ohioMarch 24, 2019
The place I was at i was the assistant manager. Everytime I would get to work the boss man would leave and go do things on company time. He would go home for a few hours even though he was on the time clock. I would be there maybe 10mins and he would leave. Thank God my husband taught me everything I needed to know before I went that store. You are over worked the techs I had were great.
Pros
Cons
Poor
Terrible upper Management No Life!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 15, 2019
I could write an essay on this company if I could. All I need to say is do not work here! Terrible Management the pay is not worth the hours. Technicians are paid terrible as well and over worked!
Stealers
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Upstate new yorkMarch 11, 2019
They all steal. Every employee steals cause they are underpaid. No point here. No one wants to have repairs done here because you can tell it’s a low grade atmosphere.
Decent work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAMarch 8, 2019
Good work if youre a good mechanic. Most corporate garages dont have a feel of honesty about them between the cards and high prices. other than that they were good to me and i would go back given the opportunity.
They don’t pay when they say they do
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 5, 2019
They forgot to pay me for working then they sent my check to a store 2 hours away I quit cause the manager would always send me home after an hour even busy
Pros
Can make a lot of money
Cons
Poor management
Decent if you can handle the stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 27, 2019
Decent place to work but the management will kill you and if your work load is low for 2 weeks they cut your pay......................................
Non
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYFebruary 26, 2019
Poor working didn't do thing right working with them was hard and the boss never was there and didn't do nothing that why I quit and I was getting hour tooking off my pay
Decent place to start off as a mechanic, but very poor management
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I started at Monro straight out of Tech school. At first, the job was really fun and I learned a lot. We had quite a few slow days, but we had many good days too. What I later realized was how poorly upper management cared for their employees. The pay was no where near competitive, the "higher ups" didn't listen to concerns from the guys below them, and there was uncertainty with job safety. I wouldn't recommend this job to an experienced tech, but if you are just starting out its very easy to get in. With how high the turn-over rate is, they can't keep anyone very long!
Pros
experience, ease of employment
Cons
low pay, poor management, unsafe work environment
Couldnt stand working here
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 11, 2019
Overall the job was horrible. The requirements they had were unreasonable. And the stress managers had on their employees is way too much. I was always walking into the shop the next days and my tools werent in my box or all messed up.
Pros
Cons
Barely had brakes and many others
Terrible
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 11, 2019
Unfair work environment with jobs constantly driven down your throat. Management did what he wanted while employees suffered. Suffered an injury and they told me to deal with it and wouldnt allow me to go be seen by a doctor.
i loved my job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYFebruary 7, 2019
just do your job. that's all i ever had to do and i loved it; talking to people. i loved helping them with their automotive needs. my compensation was never an issue
Pros
autonomy
Cons
50 + hr work week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monro Muffler/Brake. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2