Monro Muffler/Brake Employee Reviews

Terrible
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 11, 2019
Unfair work environment with jobs constantly driven down your throat. Management did what he wanted while employees suffered. Suffered an injury and they told me to deal with it and wouldnt allow me to go be seen by a doctor.
i loved my job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYFebruary 7, 2019
just do your job. that's all i ever had to do and i loved it; talking to people. i loved helping them with their automotive needs. my compensation was never an issue
Pros
autonomy
Cons
50 + hr work week
learned a lot.
Started at the bottom & worked up to store manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkville ny, rome nyFebruary 6, 2019
This was a good starter job. A lot of hours & responsibility, Training was almost none. Company only cared about the bottom line. When I left company was not ethical.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Laid back but store manager was treating techs unfairly
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAFebruary 3, 2019
My manager was intentionally trying to get me fired. would brag about it to other techs. reason why was because I caught him smoking marijuana inside.
Pros
very very relaxed practically were able to do whatever you wanted.
Cons
breaks that were always taken out even if you had no break.
Don't do it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 23, 2019
Under staffed and over worked. Technicians are very poorly paid, so do not expect any kind of valuable or experienced technicians. Upper management is a joke. Was forced to work every day the store was open from open until close, no help, no support. Was managing the store plus working on customer vehicles. Was denied using earned vacation time because the market manager "could not find anyone to cover the store during that time". No matter how bad you need a job, avoid this place at all costs.
Cons
Worked my tail off so bosses could get bonuses and vacations on the company.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 22, 2019
No lunch breaks even though the company deducts a half hour from your daily pay. Constant pressure to 'turn over' cars even if repaired shoddily. Customers getting ripped off on 'flushes' for example a $180 dollar 'brake flush' consisted of emptying the master cylinder and putting in fresh fluid. 5 minute job! If technicians made mistakes the bosses would cover them up and make up some story to tell the customer all the while charging extra for the TECHNICIAN'S MISTAKE!
Long hours with no pay
Inspector/mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Great company if you enjoy working long hours for low pay, commission gets nabbed by management, broken or outdated equipment, in house parts are garbage, prices are pure robbery, service reflects the workers pay, no benefits at all. Expected to work 50 to 70 hours for 39 hours of pay, if you punch in actual hours management will over ride the time sheet to show only 39 hours. Complaints get you stuck with no commission work. HR is a joke. Management gets huge bonuses for the work you turn out. And the best part, heaven forbid you attempt to take lunch or breaks.
Pros
Cons
All aspects
It was a really fun job and very easy to get used to.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19135January 17, 2019
Working at monro was actually one of my favorite jobs I had. It was good to get to work and get busy fixing cars and helping people with their problems and questions.
Pros
You work on cars, and you do your own thing
Cons
There weren't any cons
Monro USED used to be a great company to work for
Automotive Service Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryan, OHJanuary 15, 2019
I have worked for Monro since 2007 starting out as an entry level technician and was promoted very quickly and rewarded for my hard work. in the last year management has changed at the corporate level and everything is going down hill. No communication our support from the company. My pay plan was changed without my knowledge and i have lost $6488 of income in just 4 months time even though I have built the highest profiting store in my zone for fiscal 2016, 2017 and 2018. I'm fed up with being used by an unappreciative corporation and missing out on my family just to make big profits for the company only have my personal compensation reduced substantially.
Pros
job security
Cons
A lot
Great atsmophere
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Everyday was a good day. There was always something to do. fellow employees were great to work with. Felt terrible for leaving. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
low pay for hard work, no recognition for a job well done.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 4, 2019
What is supposed to be a "team" working environment, turned out to be a"cut-throat" place where "Techs" compete for higher comission jobs. Even going as far as to leave a current job "sit", in order to begin and finish a higher comission paying job.

Deplorable.
Pros
customes are AMAZING! Some free lunches
Cons
long hours, competitive atmosphere for comission percentage jobs
Good Job
Floating Assistant Manager/lead repair tech (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Monro got me into Management
Nice shops
Good equipment
Some co-workers needed watching over closely because off lack of skill and knowledge and stealing from the company
Pay checks always cash
Sometimes there were no techs to do the work that needed done.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of Man power
Do not apply
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 2, 2019
They will half train you and shove you into situations that require you to have knowledge you dont have and never explain what you need to move forward, all while paying you half of what they are saying the starting salary is. Do not work for this miserable company
Pros
No lunch schedual even though its taken from your pay
Very Stressful
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 26, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was very stressful, very long hours and I didn't even get paid for holidays. Overall this was a horrible place to work for.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful
Not for me
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 19, 2018
This company is not worth the day or day.The prices are through the roof and the quality of service isn't near what you are paying for.The staff is under paid.
Does not promote family life
Store Manager and Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 18, 2018
You work long hours , holidays weekends and no time for family or just down time . Your job is always threatened and always changing bonus perimeters. If you take over a different store you must deal with the previous issues
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too many hours and holidays weekends
busy and kind work envoriment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winsted, CTDecember 16, 2018
a typical day would be me coming in when scheduled , grabbing general knowledge of whats already in the store and what appointments are coming in , do whatever paperwork is there for the day, receive any parts that are in use or coming in for stock . communicating with customers making them feel comfortable , cashing customers out, closing the store cleaning and shutting down before close. the hardest part of my job would be trying to keep everything in order and getting my techs to do it. the easiest part of my job would be scheduling appointments and filing paperwork .
Pros
30 mins for lunch
Cons
only three holidays off
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2018
Works to full potential, execellent quality of work, Communication, Independent work with minimal supervision, Productive, Train other employees, work consistency, Takes initiative.
too long to remember
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PADecember 12, 2018
thought I do remember traveling and moving almost yearly when they needed help but when I needed a break they basically asked why and really? Forced managers to work open to close 7 days a week and to fix cars when it was impossible to get any kind of help
See resume.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 4, 2018
While i cannot speak to the company as a whole, I did not have a productive relationship with the location I worked at. Between pay manipulation, and dishonest selling tactics I made sure to find a better working environment as quickly as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monro Muffler/Brake. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight