MONROE COUNTY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALMay 16, 2018
employee friendly; easy to work for, family oriented, flexible schedules, excellent benefits, feels like family, encourages continued education and advancement
Relaxing job.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALApril 25, 2018
MCH is a relaxed place to work. The is a phlebotomist on duty 24 hours requiring the tech to draw blood only on very rare occasions. There is more work in Blood Bank then one would expect but only due to the amount of sickle cell patients in and around the area. All analyzers are recently updated keeping the lab up to date and modernized.
Pros
Slow paced for the one lab tech on duty at night.
Cons
Slow paced making the 12 hours night shifts long sometimes.
weekend work which is what I needed
Nurse Manger-Gero Psych Unit (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MSApril 12, 2018
assess staffing and ensure there was the correct number of staff
treatments for the day usually 40 0r 50.
monitor vital signs
monitor bathing schedule
call MD when needed
Pros
weekend work
Cons
short staffing
Small Town Hospital
Respiratory Therapist Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALFebruary 15, 2018
Because of Hospital location, Emergency room is Busy. Work with a great set of ER Doctors.who are faced with many challenges through the night. I work at night alone, all, and all it's a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not so warm with friendliness
a typical day at work
Student Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, AL 36461December 2, 2017
Great management and friendly, able to answer questions. Cares for patients and meet their needs. I learned how to work in different departments such as surgery, icu, emergency and ob.
Over all horrible experience
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALSeptember 28, 2017
Work was fast pace and fellow employees were rude and at times did not do their share of the work.
The manager was not fair.
The only thing I enjoyed was being able to service my patients.
Employed at MCH
Just ask (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALAugust 14, 2017
I was employed with MCH for approx. eight years. During this period of time, the days were touch and go. There was no job security, no advancement. There was a lot of low morale with the facility during the times of lay offs. There were pay cuts administered to keep the community hospital "a float". The managers at time can be very hard core and cut throat. Most importantly, there is no respect at times among the staff members for one another.
Pros
Local, Community Job
Cons
Low Morale, No Job Security
Professional work environment
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALJuly 29, 2017
Monroe county hospital is a excellent hospital for patient care and services. The staff goes
Above and beyond to make sure your family has proper care.
Great community hospital.
Med/Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJuly 16, 2017
Nice place to work. Working in my community was nice. Minsk amount of patients to care for. Job security questionable due to the fact that there just wasn't enough paying patients being seen at hospital.
Pros
Community hospital good location from home work enjoyable
Cons
Job security
Wonderful place to work
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJune 20, 2017
This hospital is all about their patients. They just don't talk about it they are about it. The staff in all departments are like family, they truly care about each other and go out of their way to help one another.
Pros
great staff
Cons
lower pay then other hospitals
Stressful high paced work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALApril 20, 2017
Stressful high pace work environment. High patient load, high learning environment. Hard to take time off/ vacation. Supportive coworker environment. Variety of patient load.
Friendly atmosphere, easy going.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJanuary 3, 2017
This was a fairly simple position, tedious at times but still simple. My staff was typically on top of things. I learned that not everyone works the same and as long as the outcome is the same and there are no accidents there is no need to worry.
Amazing place to work!
Accounting Director (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALDecember 14, 2016
Amazing benefits, great people to work it.. incredible management. I love this hospital and everyone in it.. the community is also very well-rounded with incredible peers as well
Productive work for patients to improve care.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GADecember 8, 2016
Monroe is a low volume rehabilitation hospital with a small operating room. I have learned the basics of being a Respiratory Therapist and how to manage care for patients. Management is fair and treats everyone as a family. There is not too much that is difficult with the job other than dealing with the budget for more equipment. I enjoy everything about working for Monroe County Hospital But I would like to work more hours while I'm in my prime.
Pros
Great family and patient centered care
Cons
Not enough hours
see below
RN (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJuly 7, 2016
It was a PRN job to help supplement my income. People were very nice but I experienced burn out from working 2 jobs. It was nothing to do with Monroe County Hospital. I was just trying to make ends meet after a difficult divorce.
Pros
income
Cons
nothing personal to the hospital. I just got burned out from 2 jobs, especially night shift on weekends.
Patient Access Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAFebruary 17, 2016
My typical day at work is challenging and interesting. I learn about different cultures, which is very interesting. Management is very important, therefore if everyone does not respect them regardless to what or how the work place flow, there will be problems. The hardest part of my job is staying healthy, because I work with sick patients.In closing the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work there.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Germs and viruses
Productive and Educational
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 12, 2015
This was a fast paced environment. Co-Workers were great. You learned something new everyday. I loved helping people and helping achieve their goals to go home.
Pros
Co-workers
Great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, AlabamaAugust 14, 2015
Functional and good policies, great management and coworkers. Felt comfortable and happy at work, great training. Functional shift policies.
i loved working at the hospital wished i couldfind something and go back
Pharmacist Assistant/E.R Reg Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALApril 8, 2015
worked 7-7 days or 7-330 days Monday thru Friday.. which was perfect, I never had any stress I left because we had got a new manager and I had started my cycle and I had messed my clothes up and I lived a good 45 minutes away I liked 2 hours from it being the end of my shift so I called him and told him I needed next shift to either come in early or him to come relieve me until next shift came in and before I could get home he was calling me on my cell phone wanting to know where I was and what time id be back he was suppose to be off . and I told him I wasn't coming back I had not even made it home yet and by the time I would make it back it would be time for me to clock back out and I told him that before I left . so he wrote me up and told me I had 4 days off with our pay so I turned my notice in then they wouldn't let me work my notice out he called security to have me escorted from the property like I was a criminal. I could have seen if I had showed out or caused a scene or something but all I did was turn in a written notice to his office
Pros
my shift was perfect, loved people i worked with . loved helping with the patients when i was needed and could
Cons
my relief was always late, and new manager was nokind of manager
Pharmacy Tech Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALAugust 2, 2014
I enjoy working at MCH. The employees are wonderful people.