Monroe County Employee Reviews

soecial kind of person
Corrections Officer II (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 4, 2018
It defiantly takes a special kind of person to do the job. Your working with u to 64 people at a time that don't want to be there. Its a good job and not hard to do if you know how to talk to people.
Good Job
Assessment Office (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 24, 2018
Great Job but low pay
but great benefits good place to work good at long term employment long term benefits for family just would be better with a little more pay
Pros
Days Office
Cons
Low Pay
Exiting
Florida (Former Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLOctober 15, 2018
It was a adrenaline rush at times all different types of calls from ems to structure fires to car fires dive rescue. Different scenarios at each call
Pros
Awsome
Stressful environment
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2018
There is no sufficient time to ask for request off. Especially when you have medical conditions that requires to go often to the doctor. They don't care about employees.
Plus in the other side, everybody seems to enjoy their time on their personal cell phones instead of working (Child Support Office) and there is lack of supervision.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
short or limited time when request off, medical reasons
April 21, 2018

Thank you for your service. We are sorry to hear that you don't feel valued as an employee. We try our best to have a fair workplace by enforcing rules equally. If you see something that isn't right, please contact HR or OPI so we can investigate and resolve it.

Overworked underpaid - NOT part of the group
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIApril 18, 2018
Worked for 2-month training part-time. Offered me full-time, accepted worked 6 shifts and let go. Never really fit in. I had no clue I wasn't accepted. Totally blindsided. Budget a huge problem with this county. Sheriff too doesn't follow "rules" give to him by his employers.
Pros
Paid Overtime available, Good Benefits
Cons
Schedule, management

Please note, this review is for Sparta, not Monroe County NY

Challenging office to work in
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAMay 21, 2018
With 7 unions and a residual unit and 625 employees there is always meetings, conflict and resolutions throughout the day. There's at least 1 meeting with the County Commissioners weekly to discuss new hires, separations, promotions, changes, etc.
June 15, 2018

Please note, this review is for Pennsylvania, not Monroe County, NY.

Summer Employment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Churchville, NYApril 3, 2018
Although extensive labor for a period of time, Monroe County Parks Department allows college students to return from school and receive good paying jobs that are not stressful and do not require an elaborate list of references and job experiences.
Pros
Fresh air and individual assignments
Cons
Labor
April 21, 2018

Summer laborer positions are available in the Parks and DOT. It's a great way to get started with the County or just make some cash for the summer. Thank you for your review.

Good
Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 8, 2018
Good benefits nice work environment you need to like to fish and like boating this is not a place for shopping with malls etc. Fairly expensive to live here so bring some cash $$$$

Micro managment kings
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 17, 2018
My supervisor was great but the director was terrible.I have never worked at a job where the director was so afraid to let us do our jobs.Not to mention he knew nothing about how to run a fleet.
Pros
Job located in the Florida keys
Cons
Bad upper management .Politics

very good job
chief roofing inspector (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed my job, would recommend to any one to take the job if offered, I would take ths job now if iffered, I would take any jog available in Monroe county for the bld dept

Please note, this review is for Key West, not Monroe County NY

An excellent place to work
Manager for building (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Monroe County. I had a great deal of responsibility in managing an entire building and like every bit of the job. I enjoyed all the interface with various people I met and interacted with. It was a good job. I left due to downsizing for the county.
Pros
Good pay, lots of responsibility.
Stressful dangerous place to work
Examiner, Department of Human Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2017
This is a stressful job to begin with. Supervision is concerned about there own needs being met than meeting the needs of the community for which they serve,
Pros
benefits you get a state pension
co workers great.
Supervisor, Title clerk & Drivers License (Former Employee) –  Marathon, FLOctober 11, 2017
I loved the customers and the/my coworkers and my employees. I had to relocate due to hurricane Irma and my place of employment being destroyed as well as my house and pretty much everything we owned.
Great Place to work
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for Monroe County. I worked with one of the best teams, formed great working relationships, and had an awesome boss. My only complaint was fair compensation.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Compensation
January 27, 2018

We're glad you enjoyed working for Monroe County and enjoyed your coworkers and boss. Recently we've upgraded compensation for many of our positions. Please take a look at our openings to see if you would like to come back.

Great Work-Life Balance and Job Security
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 15, 2017
I have always enjoyed working for the County. Every job is important because we serve the community. The work isn't easy, but there is flexibility and good vacation/holiday benefits. Its a real plus with Work-Life balance. Also, its not going out of business or laying off tons of people so there is excellent job security.
Pros
Job security, benefits, meaningful work
Busy, fun place to work
Sr. Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Key Largo, FLApril 1, 2017
County Government environment where due to tax and fees pay is not as high as the private industry but a great environment to learn and grow. Culture is one for a person who wants to make a difference you can. The beauty of seeing the Florida Keys waters and nature are definitely a huge plus. If you don't enjoy Island living it is not for you.
Pros
Work in the Florida Keys
Cons
Government and budgeting constraints
Building and Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  MINovember 9, 2017
This was a temporary position and the job is no longer available. The work was easy but time consuming. It was a good job but a lot of physical work with cleaning.

Glad you enjoyed it, but please note this review is not for Monroe County, NY

arc of monroe county
Assistant Manager Arc (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 3, 2016
Works directly with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
•provide personal care and promote an individual’s independence, individualization, productivity, integration, personal choice, safety and well-being
• Provides supervision of assigned Direct Support Professionals
• Coordinating employee training sessions and/or staff meetings
• Assisting the Residence Manager in monitoring and creating relevant documentation.
Interesting, Beauiful Nursing Home
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHMarch 28, 2012
I was quite taken by the interior of this Nursing Facility. It was extremely clean, no odors, and the residents were happy and well cared for.
The most difficult thing with this facility is understaffing. Mandatory overtime, that sometimes had staff working long long hours.
Wages were low in comparison to what other facilities were offering.
Pros
free lunches, free parking, excellent benefits
Cons
short staffed, mandatory overtime, low wage scales.
Was once a great place to work, but...
Emergency Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIAugust 1, 2015
The first 10 years of employment were wonderful, the last five years were horrible. Only reason I stayed is because I loved and enjoyed doing my job, assisting customers, working with all of the emergency response agencies and municipalities and being able to help people in general. Micromanagement is huge and employees are not valued, respected or appreciated which is causing an abnormally high rate of turnover. Overall morale is the lowest it has ever been; employees are in constant fear of retaliation or losing their jobs if they were to speak out against the dysfunctional management.
Pros
Decent benefits and retirement
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe County. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about