Monroe LLC Employee Reviews

Absolutely love this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 29, 2018
I have had the best experience working at Monroe LLC for the last 8 months. The atmosphere is very family like and easy going. I felt challenged in my position and supported to excel, learn, and grow. The managers are very collaborative and open minded. This company is headed in a great direction and I feel very lucky to have been a part of it.
Pros
Easy going, friendly, family feel.
I enjoyed working there
Quality Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 3, 2018
I think it is a great place to work if you are part of the management team. Operators didn't like it very much. Very low compensation for general operators.
very poor management with high turnover
Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MINovember 5, 2017
I worked for this company and didn't get a raise for 8 years! about every year there was a new manager in charge and new employees weekly. I wish I wouldn't had stayed as long as I did but you do what you gotta do right.

Jim
Pros
potential for overtime
Cons
management
Robotic place to work
Machine Operator/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49512July 7, 2017
A typical day at work was siting down at the machine you were assigned to, and assembling, or hot-stamping parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no windows except in break room
Job was very laid back
Machine Operation - Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJune 12, 2017
This job was very laid back, relaxed, cool environment. A lot of fun employees, reasonable hours for a factory. The job was very easy and I caught on very fast.
productive
night shift operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2017
nice place to work
I learn some new stuff they give me opportunity to move up
all my experience starting in this company .
The hardest part for me was work hours they change other than that was excellent
most I like about Monroe are people very friendly helpful
Pros
non
Cons
non
great lunch break area
MACHINE,OPT (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 12, 2016
As far as i know that was the great company that i ever worked .very nice rules and policy for employer,good health insurance so far,nice peoples who work as team and sharing skills to revival each other
lots of ability to learn
Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 18, 2015
I started at Monroe as a line worker. I quickly advanced to hi-lo driving, filling parts and orders. I then was offered to be educated and licensed as a die setter and jumped on the opportunity. I loved my job at Monroe. I only left because I moved out of Grand Rapids not knowing I would be moving back so quickly and Monroe had already filled my position.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities
Great co-workers
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2015
The new management does not believe in raises. Being a former employee I know this as fact 8 years without a raise. When you do ask you are told "if you don't like it leave everyone is replaceable" So as for my review. Stay far away from this company unless you are desperate and just need quick cash. The employees I worked with were all very great ladies and we still stay in touch.
But as for Monroe LLC they do not respect or care about their employees. ..
Pros
Co-worker are friendly
Cons
No raises ever, management does not care about employees
Productive fun place challenging place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2014
Operated plastic injection molding presses. Packaged, and labeled products for shipment to distributors. Inspected parts for quality assurance. Maintained daily reports regarding quantity of products produced. Maintained clean work area. Assembled parts as required
Pros
The ability to use my hands, The pay and the benefit package was very nice, I enjoyed the clean and neat work environment, coworkers were friendly
Cons
Na
Nice company to work for
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 15, 2014
8 hour shifts. Jobs run vary by day and by parts needed for shipment.
The management is pleasant to work with, very helpful when you have a question or need help with something.
Racially diverse workforce. Enjoyable coworkers.
Friendly and laid back place to work
QUALITY ENGINERING TECH (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2013
Good company to work for i think they are really trying to figure out what direction to head and trying to make improvements.
Unique molding and manufacturing company
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MiSeptember 22, 2013
The company is a smaller company that is very flexible with allowing people to manage a good life/work balance. The people are generally friendly and easy to get along with. This makes for a comfortable place to work.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Not much for a break room, and the facilities are getting pretty old.
Fast pace production of pricise automovtive parts
2nd shift Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, Michigan, USASeptember 2, 2012
My typical day at Monroe started off at a fast pace with repetitive inspection, visually and mechanically, of parts being made in production. Every hour parts were inspected on production line for quality. I've learned all aspects of inspecting precision parts not just visual but with tools of precise measurements and stability of the component. I worked well on my own and with the production shift supervisor. I also had to provide quality engineers with any data needed on certain parts especially new launch of components. The hardest part of the job was detecting defects before many parts were made in production. I enjoyed working with production personnel and shift supervisors. I also enjoyed when I was able to save cost in production by detecting defects before too many parts were assembled and before finished products were shipped to customers.
Cons
sometimes require to work 7 days a week, 8 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Monroe LLC Reviews by Location