Monroe Plan For Medical Care Employee Reviews

Do not work for this company
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Management is not supportive, they hire temporary (contract) staff with false promises of becoming permanent. Lack of knowledge of NYS regulations. Management needs additional training, nurses need more time off. Very negative work environment and staff pretty much make approval/denial of services to members in need without thoughly completing reviews.
Pros
Working with members in need
Cons
No benefits, stressful work environment
February 15, 2019

Bringing on additional staff to help with the workload through an agency is just one way for an organization to meet the demands of the ever changing workflow. When engaging with a placement agency for a temporary assignment, we are 100% transparent with the agency in what we believe the length of the assignment to be. Because of the ebbs and flows of work in the UM department, it is difficult to determine what staffing model will work best. We therefore utilize staffing agencies as a contingency plan for keeping up with daily work and to clear back logs of reviews. We do not make promises to the staffing agencies of turning the assignment into a permanent role with our organization. We pride ourselves on the work we do and the manner in which it is done – always keeping the member at the forefront while staying in compliance with NYS regulations.

If you want a supportive and honest work environment, don’t work here
Health Homes Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Front end staff are passionate and hardworking. Any level of management, from supervisors and higher, don’t care for members or staff. This company does not want independent and creative thinkers/workers. The culture is competitive and the Supervisor in the Syracuse site will yell at staff for conversing among one another. Supervisors will tell you one thing during face-to-face consults, then report something completely different to management. This company is not family oriented with its staff and treats high-needs members without respect. Horrible company. I regretted accepting the offer my first day of week two after orientation was complete.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Horrible supervision, poor management, not family friendly, secretive with employees
February 15, 2019

We are sorry that your experience was not what you had hoped for. We strive to offer a great work experience to all of our staff. As an organization, we are proud of the work our staff does in the community and we are committed to meeting the needs of our members – we are true to our Mission of serving the underserved in all that we do. We recognize that the work being done with our members can be challenging, yet rewarding. As an organization, we feel we go above and beyond in what we offer our employees on a daily basis – free coffee, a pleasant work area, schedule flexibility and autonomy, wellness offerings, snacks and much more. Because we place such a high value on our members and the wellbeing of our employees, we would never want any staff member to feel regret at choosing us for employment. We want our staff to be here, to be engaged and to want to live our Mission and Vision with us.

Good workers
Health Home (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYDecember 26, 2018
The staff at Monroe Plan are hard workers and want to make a difference in peoples lives. Management has no idea what it actually takes to help the community they service. Management is worried about their image and possibly their paychecks. Executive leadership isn't listening to staff as they share what lower level leadership is like to work for. Lower level leadership is focused on a fancy title and not changing what is broken or afraid to speak up to management where it is important. Staff loves what they do, the help they provide the community, and generally enjoy each other.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Very poorly managed
February 15, 2019

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not more favorable. Our Health Home program has been rated one of the best in NYS. Other Health Homes come to us for guidance. We are proud of how we manage our program according to the ever changing NYS DOH regulations, while doing our best to understand the needs and wants of our staff. Our Mission to serve others in our communities has been at the forefront of all that we do for almost 50 years and continues to be the driver in all that we do. While we believe in an open door policy where staff can air their concerns with management, we look to staff to provide suggestions and ideas on how to improve on our processes. Leadership understands the importance of the work that is done each and every day and appreciates all that staff do for our members. We wish you the best of luck in your newest position.

no rules regulations and guidelines
Utilization Review RN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 12, 2018
Difficult place to work, managers don't value employees and tend to adjust the rules/policy daily. General rule is approve everything. I was however given the opportunity to learn UM therefore allowing me to move on to a company that values employees and offers a work/home balance.
June 26, 2018

Our leadership team makes every effort to regularly communicate that we value employees and demonstrate this formal and information recognition, annual bonus opportunity, great benefits, generous time off and genuine caring for our employees. We are sorry that this was not your experience and take your feedback to heart. Health care is constantly changing and we often find that we need to adjust rules and policies accordingly. We are glad to hear that you were able to build on your learning here and are in a more satisfying position.

Dishonest management, low pay compared to RN positions in other companies
RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 22, 2018
Management is not transparent and issues are kept from staff constantly. It is difficult to learn your job when being told “that’s not in your Job description “ all the time.
The professional, well educated, experienced and highly trained nurses are not valued and the turn over is very high. The working environment is extremely stressful.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Management, lack of respect for staff
June 26, 2018

We make every effort to share issues openly and honestly with employees in our staff meetings, quarterly communication sessions, newsletters and corporate communications bulletins so we are genuinely surprised to learn about your experience. Without knowing more detail, it is difficult to comment further. We regularly benchmark our base pay and couple this with rich benefits. There is no doubt that health insurance in general can be stressful and in areas where we need to meet regulatory requirements and members needs, this can be particularly evident. Roles where there are timeframes and productivity requirements are not always a good fit for everyone. Our turnover, however, is quite low and over the years we have had many knowledgeable, compassionate nurses with long service. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and wish you success in your career.

good place to work
Healthcare Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2017
good place to work. Great team, good managers, but that was my team. Good benefits and vacation days. Company is a little unstable now but wasn't when I started.
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYJune 19, 2017
Overall a great place to work. A nice atmosphere, my coworkers are great to work with. Over the past several years the company has expanded considerably, and has been dealing with the ever changing aspects of health insurance, but overall it has done well. Good employee benefits and some nice perks.
Pros
Nice work environment, good benefits.
Low pay comapred to competition, not stable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYSeptember 16, 2016
Company changed names to yourCare after having a huge fight with Excellus BCBS. Management picks favorites, they are fake and stab people in the back. The pay is not competitive with market but they refuse to see it. They lose employees like Sutherland . Sometimes it felt like they were gonna shut their doors any day. The best thing about the job is it ends at 430 for most and weekends off so you don't have to worry about it. It's a poor choice for insurancd, I wouldn't get my dog a policy here. Please stay away. It's a dump. You are stuck in a position for a year unless management like you, then they get to choose who gets a promotion ..
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low pay, no OT, stuck in same position for a year
Growing company with great people, meaningful work and amazing benefits!
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 26, 2016
I have been at Monroe Plan for nine years. The company genuinely cares about their employees. I feel that my input is valued and I am well compensated. The organization has changed a lot in the years I have been here. At times, the pace and amount of change is challenging but I recognize it is absolutely necessary in order for the business to thrive. Our mission is central to who we are and I love the fact that the work I do ultimately helps people in need.
Pros
Knowledgeable, passionate and compassionate co-workers, meaningful work, great benefits
Excellent coworkers
Health Home Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 20, 2016
This is an excellent place to work with creative, hard working coworkers. This is a very team oriented environment that main goal is to help out the members. There is a lot of traveling with the position and being flexible and having an open mind is necessary.
Not a very transparent place andtend to send mixed messages to staff
Rather not Say (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, New YorkMay 15, 2015
Deceitful to staff, report to be transparent at every step and keep staff informed in an honest and upfront manner and that is rarely the case. Typical day is being confined to your dept with minimal interaction w/other debts.
Pros
frequent trinkets to make you feel good
Cons
they wanna make you feel good so management actually feels good
Great place to work.
Field Outreach Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsford NYNovember 13, 2014
My main responsibility is to provide excellent customer service to our members to ensure their medical needs are met, help with barriers that sometimes are more important than our members health. I enjoy working with such a knowledgable group of professionals when it comes to the medical needs, barriers, diversity and the low income population. Every day is a learning process for me and I look forward to the beginning of each and every day.
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 7, 2014
I am blessed and proud to work for such a great company. Great co-workers that truly care and watch out for each other. The mission and vision of Monoroe Plan is exemplified in the work that is done by these compassionate and caring coworkers on a daily basis. I feel that I am a valued employee and that what I say and think matters and that my input is important. My manager is an intelligent and thoughtful woman that I know I can approach with any questions or concerns that I may have and she will work "with" me to solve these concerns. I have never felt more valued in any other position that I have held.
Pros
great benefits and management that appreciates you
Previous Employer
Preventative Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2013
Passionate about the work I was doing. Helping people was the most rewarding experience.
Very Productive place to work. Best people to work with.
Preventive Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 24, 2013
I liked working with Monroe Plan for Medical Care and they have truly treated me like a family away from home. I enjoyed the atmosphere and co-workers. I have made many friends who I consider to be family.
Claims Analyst Position
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 10, 2013
Process anywhere from 100-200 claims daily using the iFacets system.

Telecommuting avaialble
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
No Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monroe Plan For Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9