Monroe Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Work-Study
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 28, 2018
This was a work-study position through FAFSA, where I was doing essentially volunteer work. I was paid for this work via direct deposit as financial aid.

The manager is fantastic! Very casual, slightly sarcastic, always a pleasant experience. The staff is mostly work-study students and volunteers.

It is only open for limited hours four days a week, so it's not super flexible, but you are rarely ever working full shifts (like 9-5s), since it's mostly volunteer-type work.

It was a very relaxed environment and there was always something to do. I was never without a task, mostly sorting and shelving books. It was quite cathartic and calm, and the regulars are kind.
Pros
relaxing work, easygoing environment
Cons
mostly volunteer positions, few hours
Treat all full time employees fairly.
Co Manager, Cato (Current Employee) –  monroeNovember 15, 2017
I love to do managemant period for any company , I wish they were welling to pat right. There are a lot of things the company need to improve on as how to treat their employees differently for people who are full time.
Pros
The Staff at monroe
Cons
Limited on pto and limited on when you can use it. It was all what he said she said.
Monroe
Teachers Assistant- Special ed (Former Employee) –  Spencerport, NYOctober 23, 2017
It was a very long time ago. The job was good I liked my Teachers aid position. The benefits/Time off were very good the pay was not especially great but the job overall was enjoyable. I loved the kids I worked with.
Stressful and full of drama
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Barron, WISeptember 7, 2017
This place sucks to work. The place works short all the time and the management is very bad. They always pick favorites and there is always so much drama between co workers
Pros
Residents are great
Cons
Short breaks. Drama. Bad management
great people to work with
District manager in Boston, Ma & Providence (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 15, 2017
hired, trained and worked with sales and service reps that were excellent workers. I was in charge of the boston, ma. and rhode island offices. It was a tough but rewarding job and I could earn in excess of 100000.00 dollars
Pros
very satisfying work
Cons
Nice small respectable enviroment to work in. Not much room for advancement due to it being a small buisness,but i enjoyed it very much.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 17, 2016
I worked everyday after school since I was a sophomore in high school. It was a silk screen an embroidery company for fraternity and sorority clothing. I corresponded with customers via Email, Facebook and Ebay. placed orders for merchandise shipped finished merchandise to customers and I some times pressed T-shirts. I like it very much after I graduated high school I worked every summer for 3yrs. answering phone calls and running errands to get materials.
great
Server & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 3, 2016
It's a great company with great people. Would highly recommend if need be. Great environment and great area if looking for promotion on job.
Fun, friendly environment
Data entry/Inventory control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 3, 2016
Monroe is a great place to work. The staff is friendly and many advancement opportunities are available. Environment is clean and comfortable.
Pros
Ability to learn more skills
Cons
Fun and a great place to work
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 9, 2015
While my tenure at ELC, it was a demanding job with the first two to three weeks of each month was the busiest. The last two or three weeks were not as busy but still demanding. Working with my colleagues and the providers of early learning daycares were great. I would not mind working there again.
Pros
Great place to work, fun people
Cons
the 1st through the 15th of each month is the busiest.
Great multicultural advanced group of people
Deputy Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 25, 2015
This organization takes their mission statement to heart. To improve the quality of life for, culturally diverse, LGBT individuals and their families through racial and social justice, capacity building, advocacy, service, navigation programming, community mobilization and engagement.
Fun to work
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 16, 2015
Great place to work, however I drive 1 hour and 15 minutes to work. Great Employees as well. Safe to work at. Great location downtown and lots of places to choose to eat lunch.
Pros
flexible
Cons
long drive to work
paraprofessional
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 15, 2015
• Assists the classroom teacher by performing non-instructional duties to support students with disabilities individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
• Assists with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom, hallways, lunchroom and playground.
• Assists with classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or others supported by the program.
production the cake
daily agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 26, 2015
monroe is an agency that we sent to bakery. but the people who work there are not Good not work team. heavy load is lifted. and hot plate. but good pay.
Pros
good pay and free cake
Cons
not good management
poor
Quick Strut CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJune 18, 2015
good work environment, management puts themselves on a higher pedestal, and act like they are better than everyone. good hours.
Pros
good hours
Cons
management
fun work environment
Checker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 24, 2015
this job was my first job and i was very excited to work there. free food during lunch break. busy job with little down time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
promotion process
New York & Company
Sales Lead/Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2015
I love this place! Good customer base! Good Leaders! Great Credit Card perks! Good clothing! Learned how to be patient and keep customer first
Many excellent workers there who take pride in the service they provide to the customers/residents of Monroe County.
Secretary to the Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Being a government employee, I am happy with the service that I am able to provide others and have them tell you they appreciate your efforts.
Not a good situation with mismanagement that led to demise of the Hospital
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, INDecember 10, 2014
Initially this was a good fit for me due to the proximity of the clinic setting.I was able to see my longtime patients there. There was a lack of communication between the hospital and outlying clinics.
The hospital filed for bankruptcy a few months ago and was subsequently bought by another company. This resulted in the closing of clinics, one of which being the Bloomfield office that I worked in.
The hardest part of this situation was being left to tell the patients that the clinic was closing.
Pros
Salary was competetive, wonderful staff to work with and great partner NP.
Cons
as stated above
most laziest unfriendly people i ever met
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARNovember 4, 2014
I hated working w the people their they wasn't interested in teaching u.....just gripping n monning n gronming
Job
School Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 22, 2014
The part I enjoy the best of my job is able to help children and families with there needs. I've been a Medical Assistant for 20 years.