Monsanto Employee Reviews

Found 883 reviews matching the search See all 1,615 reviews
Independent working environment
Oracle Database developer, Junior DBA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Independent working environment. Good location. Flexible working hours. Lack of communications between management and employees. Salary below average.
it was a temp job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 7, 2018
i dont understand why i have to do this but here it goes. i was a contractor. Monsanto does this so they do not have to hire anyone because it was cheaper
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
they don't hire you
Serious work environment with fun and kind people
Field Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Glyndon, MNNovember 6, 2018
The employees at monsanto are committed to providing quality data for the advancement seed breeding. They take their jobs seriously, but do not create an intimidating or unenjoyable work environment
Fun place to work. High Energy. Exciting
Agrochemical Formulation Chemist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2018
I love working here. I wish they had fewer contract workers and more full time direct hires. They have way too many contract workers. The contractors have invested many years in the company. It's time for the company to invest in them and flip them to full time already.
Pros
Exciting place to work.
Cons
too many contract workers.
Good place to grow
Plant - Project Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Luling, LANovember 3, 2018
It was a good starting point for my career. Could have been more organized but the atmosphere was amazing. People were always willing to help out when they could.
Great work environment
Military Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monsanto, PortualNovember 1, 2018
Total job satisfaction and some of the best and brightest co-workers. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the extensive travel that was afforded.
Great company to work for
Technology Development Field Assistant (TDFA) (Former Employee) –  Central MissouriOctober 31, 2018
Monsanto, now Bayer Crop Science was an amazing company to work for. I learned more in the three months that I interned for Monsanto than I have anywhere else.
Monsanto
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAOctober 30, 2018
The work was difficult in the heat, it is not a job for everyone and the "management" or "bus drivers" are inconsiderate. They did provide housing and transportation to job site.
Great Company - Good Work atmosphere - Very Professional
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2018
Wonderful management
Great Company
Good Work atmosphere
Very Professional
very FAIR ... you were advised of the task at hand, and how things were done to accomplish them.
Excelente experiencia de empleo
FIELD WORKER II (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PROctober 24, 2018
Tengo siete años de experiencia trabajando por la compañia y pienso que aprendí muchas cosas positivas que me ayudaron desarrollarme como persona. En los últimos tres años trabaje en el invernadero con el mismo grupo y aunque a veces tuvimos nuestras diferencias pienso que aprendimos a trabajar en equipo y dividirnos las tareas para poder hacer un trabajo efectivo. Como equipo completamos nuestras tareas con calidad y rapidez y con mucha iniciativa. Los supervisores fueron muy buenos y siempre dispuestos a colaborar con su grupo.
Great place to work !
Global Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2018
I loved working for Monsanto . I had to leave due to a personal issue. I pray I can be re-hired. Monsanto is a great company to work for with great managers and supervisors.
Pros
Pay, Staff, Supervisors, Best company I have ever worked for !!!!
Cons
dedicated to agile but superficially
Enterprise Agile Engineering coach (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 17, 2018
people are ok. the gigantic campus is difficult to work on, fo example your next meetin might be a 20 minute walk. Now I will write a bunch of nonsense words to get out of this form.
Great place to get experience.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILOctober 12, 2018
Preparing equipment for daily use including doing safety checks and the correct equipment for the day was present. Spent days in the fields recording data.
Very productive, seasonal work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  USOctober 12, 2018
Great learning opportunity, I enjoyed my time as a Production Manager. I am now searching for the ideal location to work at and the appropriate field.
fun workplace
Intermediate Technician (Former Employee) –  woodlandOctober 11, 2018
This position is good for fresh graduates, the daily route tasks are easy for someone who has a science background. However, it might becomes boring after a while
Great Company
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2018
Great company to work for some challenges in advancement but pay and benefits exceeds industry standard. Work life balance is pretty good with unlimited sick days
Great people in management, great coworkers and great atmosphere.
Damage checks (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, iaOctober 11, 2018
Managers are always willing to help you out in any situation. Coworkers are also very friendly and helpful. Work itself is fast paced but easy and doable.
Productive and interesting to learn about the products from the plant.
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Soda Springs, IDOctober 10, 2018
Typical Day: Gather information of existing pipelines, plans for new pipelines and decisions of how they would all fit together.
Learned about each division and area of the plant and what went on in each, which made it easier to decide how to lay or hang the pipelines.
My manager was great, but he even had to succumb to his managers wishes when it came to cutbacks of workers, and getting rid of the females.
Workplace culture was not shared with the contractors.
Hardest part of the job was leaving those who I worked with so closely and learned the most from.
Most enjoyable part of the job getting out and watching others in the operations of the plant.
Pros
Good people. Sharing new processes for work. Feeling good about the work we were doing.
Cons
Standing up for the right to work as a female at every turn.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
IT Release Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
Liked working there a lot !!! Other people liked working there as well - which made working there even more enjoyable. Worked there as a contractor and there was a sense of belonging - even as a contractor.
Work Life Balance
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2018
During heavy periods work life balance was out of control. It was not unheard of to work 80 hrs per week during migrations.I would not recommend Monsanto/Bayer for a family oriented employee
Pros
payed by the hour
Cons
Heavy work weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight