Monsanto Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 746 reviews matching the search See all 1,401 reviews
Monsanto
Demand Planning (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2018
Matrix organization can be difficult to navigate, once one learns how, it can be a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Relationships and networking is part of the culture
Pros
Great campus environment, excellent benefits
Cons
can be difficult culture to get used to
Solid company culture with poor hierarchy
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huxley, IAMay 17, 2018
The company is successful for its innovations and general research practice, I'll give it that. However, the hierarchy of positions creates a large void between full-time and part-time employees.
Pros
Great results
Cons
Poor career movement
Nice place to work
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2018
Nice place to work. Great benefits. Assistance with education is awesome. The people and diversity is acceptable. Work life balance is like no other.
Good Place to Work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Luling, LAMay 16, 2018
Overall a decent place to work. Pay is decent, but it is a political game in order to get promoted.
Bonuses are a joke.
No performance based raises. Everybody gets the same thing. And it isn't much.
Good Vacation, benefits, 14 paid holidays, usually no questions asked if you need to leave early for family, appointments, etc.
Good company
Field Rouger (Former Employee) –  Warden, WAMay 15, 2018
It's a nice summer job for those who are young and are still in school. However, the company had to relocate to a different area, so that's why I am no longer working there in the summers.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAMay 15, 2018
A typical day at work would involve creating shipments, look for seed that is required, and place information into computers. I learned how to manage time and items, create shipments, and use excel. It was a diverse workplace and were able to meet people from all over the world. The hardest part of the job as being rushed on a shipment. Although, the most enjoyable part of the job as learning new things and meeting new people.
Pros
Benefits, working extra hours, working weekends
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Matthews, MOMay 13, 2018
Monsanto is a great place to work. I like how your not always doing the same thing everyday. I highly recommended working for Monsanto it’s a great work investment
Not a good Company
Randstad Temp (Former Employee) –  Waterman, ILMay 12, 2018
It started off as a good company but then they had mandatory OT which I couldn't do because I'm in school. There usually wasn't much to do either but they still wanted you to stay late.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Everything else
fun easy going place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Farmer City, ILMay 10, 2018
its a pretty layer back work place can be stressful and you do work a lot of hrs during harvest and field times but over all its a great place to work.
Unless you have a PhD, you have no chance
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 9, 2018
Monsanto was great to work at if you are looking for something temporary. Just don't get your hopes up about getting hired as a regular employee. They only hire contract workers to do everything unless you have a PhD with 7+ years experience. I was in the same position for 4 years with no raise and absolutely no prospect of being hired on as a regular employee. Even though they let me interview for a position and told me every year there was a "chance" I could get a raise. Once the company was talking merger, they dropped their higher paid contractors and "let go" a lot more regular employees so they could afford to buy out another company. They didn't even bat an eye.

Want to know more about Monsanto?

Ask a question
Relaxed atmosphere, great hours, only wish it was permanent/full time
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Matthews, MOMay 7, 2018
Productive, fun place to work. Was only a temporary job through Manpower. I would have loved to been hired on full time! I loved what I did; Certified Lab Tech, I learned a lot! I love outside plant work, I and learned so much about soybeans. I found it very interesting.
Pros
Breaks, safety meetings; very OSHA compliant
Cons
it wasn't permanent job
Great place to work...
Senior Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63167May 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Monsanto and I will recommend a friend to apply at Monsanto. Monsanto is a family oriented company with a lot of work life
Global Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63167May 5, 2018
I love working for Monsanto. The pay is fair in comparison to other jobs in the same field. Management really cares about the people who work for them.
fun work meetings
Consultant- Sr. Infrastructure Admin (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
Fun place to work, lot of room to grow. Nice management, very structured organization. Will get help from other teams, competitive technologies like big data, cloud
review
Crew Boss (Former Employee) –  Farmer City, ILMay 1, 2018
You are always on the grind, but you do learn how to generate sales with high net worth clients. Overall, it is a place you can't go wrong working with or doing business with.
Highly ethical and professional work place
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2018
Excellent company to start your career. Promotion are based on your desire to learn and your capacity to deliver your current results. The matrix reporting can be frustrating sometimes, but for the ones who adapt, tuns to be an excellent opportunity to develop your tenacity and flexibility, as well as your "sales" argument skills.
Pros
work-life balance and transparency on the promotional process
Cons
highly political corporation
Great Place to Work
Manager of Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2018
Monsanto is a great place to work. Working at Monsanto has given me numerous opportunities to grow and enhance my skills. They have a true belief in family/life to work balance.
Pros
work with very knowledgeable employees
Cons
under staff
good place to work
Formulations Chemist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 29, 2018
excellent company would work for them again and again.
Innovative and great company to work for
Compliance and Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 26, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Monsanto! I was there for about 13 years and had great experiences. It was my last manager, unfortunately, who made me want to leave.
llll
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Luling, LAApril 26, 2018
Preparation of Management of Change (MOC) document for project initiation, planning, execution, and closure.
• Programming and Configuring of controllers and instruments to specifications.
• Provide support to the operations team (loop tuning, code troubleshooting, alarm management).
• Work with the unit process engineers to identify and implement improvements relating to productivity.
• Develop schematics, point configurations, control strategy and DCS code for batch and continuous operations
• Analyze work orders and failure modes of Plant Equipment to develop Preventive Maintenance Strategies toward cost
reduction and improvement in production.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss