Monsanto Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Found 786 reviews matching the search See all 1,474 reviews
Poor mangement. Marshall is a small site and has way too many managers.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MOJuly 16, 2018
That place is ran by terrible mangers. They are into micro managing. The real mangers of that place are a couple of full time guys that keep the ball rolling in the plant along with one of the admins that doesnt smoke 12 times per day. Part timers are treated like trash and the work load falls on guys who work. Most of the managers don't even get to work by the start of the day . They show up 20 to 30 min late every morn. This site has major issues with mgrs. I would not go back even if it's a temp job. They use you and let you go with little or no warning. You will get laid off as a temp and they may give 4 days of notice or 4 weeks?
Pros
Christmas break. No mgrs in plant because they stay in office.
Cons
Young mgrs that are lost. Shift work. No direction at times
Unethical
Research Assistant Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  KSJuly 15, 2018
The company is overall unethical. As a lab technician, I worked with the plants hands on, and couldn't believe what I was doing. My dignity couldn't allow me to continue making these plants "grow" faster than how a plant should grow naturally.
Great Co-Workers, Mediocre Management
Seed Technician, Contract (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 10, 2018
The Management knows how to higher a skilled personnel and yet don't know how to manage them. Management encourages employees to be proactive and self-starters while the staff is mainly Contract or Seasonal they don't have an understanding of the process to begin with. The management expects but doesn't generally approve of innovation if it wasn't what they had in mind. Leadership places rules throughout the season but won't enforce them, follow them, and then complain about no one following them. They stress diligence in quality of work but when deadlines approach leadership freaks out and throws it all out the window to just finish.

I will say that Management does higher some very good employees and the diversity is great. I did enjoy the job and those I worked with. At the end of the season I saw employees that were process leads with a great knowledge of the process let go while employees that had a hard time showing up stay on because they kowtowed to management.
Pros
Co-Workers, Work environment
Cons
Inexperienced Management, pay, Contract work, seasonal work
provides solutions for digital marketing of different agricultural product
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2018
As a full stack Developer. I Actively involved in brainstorming sessions and meetings to enhance user experience in different modules for digital marketing. I have a great time to developing and creating new environment.
Monsanto is a great company to work for depending on what you're doing.
Corn Pathology (Former Employee) –  Galena, MDJuly 5, 2018
We worked in outside in the fields for long hours rain or shine. However, the people were phenomenal and the work was enjoyable. I looked forward to going to work each day. The worst part though was the weather.
Field Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 5, 2018
Learned time management and how to work independently. Monsanto provided great leadership and they were willing to train anybody who was willing to put in the time.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Not full time hours
pool table to relax in the breaks
Seed Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 3, 2018
I learn something new everyday.Like computers, machinery.Management not great but room for improvement.Workplace culture not great.The hardest part . .
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
dont want to review
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2018
don't want to review,why is this a requirement, go away! It was a job, like most others• Provide Hardware and Software support services to remote users nationwide.
• Consistently singled out for accurate and timely documentation and customer satisfaction ratings.
• Perform end user support for Dell and Lenovo laptops, desktops, and peripherals in a networked environment, including hardware and software installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair.
Good for Permanent Employees. Bad for Contractors
Lab Technician for Media Prep (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 2, 2018
The company only hires contractors and does not often reward good contractors with permanent full time positions with benefits. When I was there, our group was all young women (5 total, 3 of them were pregnant) the company discontinued our group and 2 women who were about to have children were let go.
Working in HR is different than the rest of the company
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2018
Very strong clique culture. If you are not "in" it makes it very hard to advance. There is no unbiased HR for HR. Benefits are excellent. Highly matrixed organization allows for networking.
Pros
Benefits, on-site gym and activities
Cons
Cliques within HR
Field Crew Member-Agronomy (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIJuly 1, 2018
only seasonal job available mostly last for 3 months only,covered by
safety meetings and guidelines,maintained cleanliness and sanitation
standards in the job site,avoided environmental pollution.
Excellent Environment
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2018
Excellent! Very nurturing and professional environment. professional co-worker's. Excellent corporate culture, great food and benefits. Insurance, 401K, etc.
Efficient working environment.
Biologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2018
Meetings were well organized and timed not to interfere with workflow.
The working environment was generally open and communications among teams were strongly encouraged.
Good management for outdoor farming job
Field Tech/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 21, 2018
My direct supervisor and higher supervisors were very helpful and wanted you to succeed. Efficiency and attention to detail is a. Must for this job.
This job is centered around crops and farms, so I would not recommend it for someone who cannot deal with summer heat and humidity.
Pros
Regular breaks. Water, gatorade, and snacks provided
Cons
Work outside. When it rains, you don't work
Great learning environment
Desk Side Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
I was fortunate to work in the research areas. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. After the Desk-side support teams were outsourced, I worked in the business section. It was kind of boring and a lot of "politicking" went on.
Pros
Great for learning new skills
Cons
Too much drama at the higher levels.
Good if you are non contract
MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 20, 2018
Most of the labor is contact. Great salary no benefits and they are in no hurry to make you a Monsanto employee. And in no hurry to tell you about contact extension. So every 6 months you worry if yiu have a job.
Not a good work environment
Technician III (Former Employee) –  OxnardJune 19, 2018
Lots of gossiping, poor managers, in certain areas if you are not a certain ethnicity then you will be picked on, gossiped about, given unfair assignments while others do less. Difficult to move up at Oxnard Branch, especially with downsizing.
Good work place.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 19, 2018
Good work place. Would work there again if offered. Looking for a different career than Monsanto can provide for me. Great manager. Good location of job.
Great Place to work with Smart and Nice People
Senior Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INJune 18, 2018
I always loved working at Monsanto. You were allowed to be creative and explorer news ways of delivering value.

There was a lot of work, but they allowed plenty of time off to rest.
Prior to Big Changes, it was the best
Global Cash Management Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
From 2014 on, there were significant changes and the company was still a great place to work. Before then, it was tremendous. Now that they are wholly owned by Bayer, all remains to be seen. Still, I'm happy to have put in many years there. I miss it.
Pros
Employees are generally empowered
Cons
IT and accounting support has suffered through years.