Monsanto Employee Reviews

Found 823 reviews matching the search See all 1,533 reviews
walking through the corn field detasseling
Detassler/Volunteer/Pusher (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day consists to trudging through mud and water for 12 hours with 1 hour of total break time 5 days a week with 8 hour days on the weekend with no benefits or perks
Cons
short breaks no advancement
NA Supply Chain Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2018
Management and culture were both great. The internship program could use some development. Colleagues were very helpful and fun to be around. Company values are strong.
Pros
Career Development, Benefits, Culture
Cons
A character building first step.
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Detasseling made me an was an endurance focused work determined to get the job done well no
matter the circumstances. Working conditions where very physically challenging, ranging from
soaking wet and frigid mornings to sweltering humid heat in the afternoon. Observation of safety
and hydration protocols was a must. Despite the environmental challenges and overall difficulty of
the job I was able to keep productivity and morale high.
Pros
Little to no experience required. Willing to hire minors.
Cons
Somewhat dangerous work environment.
Ok place to work
Seed Technician and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Jerseyville, ILSeptember 12, 2018
It was an extremely hard job working in the fields. They did provide water and Gatorade and they offered a lot of breaks when the weather was extreme
Overall, good place to work
Forklif t Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 12, 2018
Management was questionable at times. Got 15 minute breaks twice a day. It usually was boring and overstaffed in the warehouses, but when the summer would come around it was better because not everyone was in the warehouse.
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
I was a contractor with Monsanto for two months. I enjoyed working with Monsanto. Its a very diverse company and I enjoyed working with the data. Management of the team I was working on was good.
Great Employer, generally Slow Advancement.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work, however once in you can get "stuck". There is low turnover, don't expect in role promotions or quick advancement. Not uncommon to see people in the same role for 7-10 years.

The science is top notch, probably partially because of the long term retention.

Work life balance depends on management but is generally great. With the Bayer takeover this could all change though. Great 401k match, (at least 9%, more the older you are... again subject to change now that Bayer acquired).

Overall a great place to work, great compensation/benefits. I think their greatest challenge for employee retention is people feeling like there is no room for advancement/pay raises.
Pros
401k, pay, vacation, holidays
Cons
Slow advancement.
Great first job!
Farm Laborer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 9, 2018
I'm thankful for the opportunity that Monsanto allowed me to have by hiring me. At 15 years old it was a great way to experience what it was like to have a job and work for my own money.
competitive, stressful, good benefits
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Oahu Island, HISeptember 4, 2018
very competitive, high expectations with little direction, poor management, ineffective leadership communication through business transitions and corporate initiatives constantly changing and being roled out. creates stressful environment; always feel like nothing is good enough
loved the role and the mission I was working for
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours, stressful
Monsanto
Field Worker (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 29, 2018
I'm working for in Monsanto since three years ago. I work daily with crops and seeds sow. The management team are accessible and always ready to solve our concerns.
It was fun, a learning experience, and sometimes stressful.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Illiopolis, ILAugust 28, 2018
I learned a lot about the quality of the job and how my job affects the purity, quality and affects the farmers and the companies revenue. Everybody has to work together to get the job done.
Pros
Gas mileage
Cons
Dirty and very hot job
Culture supports a work hard always on atmosphere. Limited opportunities without relocation to home office. Recently purchased by Bayer
Area Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, MNAugust 27, 2018
Most workdays included many telephone conversations in-between customer or dealer meetings. Managing your time and being able to prioritize are critical skills.

Its business model exposes you to multiple parts of the business and a matrix organization rewards strong networking skills.

The investment in R&D is strong and has provided new opportunities for digital, biotech along with agronomy and seed.

The best parts of the job were interacting and supporting customers and dealers.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Limited advancement opport
Monsanto is a great place to work!
Payroll Processing and Analysis Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2018
The company encourages work/life balance and lives their core competencies. Management is sincere and genuine. Coworkers are friendly. I appreciate that I can be candid with my manager and coworkers and it is well received because there is a collaborative mindset.
Pros
great culture
Cons
long drive to work for me
Ok everbody was doing a good job
Asst.contractor (Former Employee) –  LincolnshireAugust 22, 2018
Good it was my dad doing the most work thou he was the real contractor. But i really worked hard for him counting rows making sure. Everbody was doing thete job. Making sure everbody got payed
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Really hot
When bean-counters take over, kiss any opportunities to stay long-term GOODBYE
Senior Global Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 20, 2018
I've known several co-workers at Monsanto that have faithfully served their time and made valuable contributions to the company, however, the accountants of the company had different plans.
Pros
Great name to have on a resume
Cons
No opportunity to move up, many are looking out.
n/a
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Juana Díaz, PRAugust 20, 2018
Monsanto is a great place to work. They prepare the employees to be ready for next position in the same company. They improve and continuously innovate in order to use the best technology avaible in the market.
this is a great place to work
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason City, ILAugust 17, 2018
I would gladly recommend this job to anyone. i received no benefits because i was a temporary worker but the full time position comes with amassing benefits and higher pay
Combine clean out (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 16, 2018
Good place to work,good benefits,good pay,and hours,friendly enviornment,safe environment.own transportation,work in the field,he lunch break,get to leave on breaks,safety is the number one priority
Pros
Food
Cons
No cell phones
alright
Warehouse/Field (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAAugust 13, 2018
Its a good place to work if you want to be stressed, nobody ever knows what they're supposed to be doing the managers can never be found and they don't care about the employees well being
Working as a seasonal
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2018
I worked there as a sesonal worker. Very disorganized, the companies didn't care about its workers and the work conditions they were in. Staff was not friendly, wouldn't even say hi.
Pros
Paid Apartments
Cons
Lack of care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight