Monsanto Employee Reviews

Good place to work, but a little unstable right now.
Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2018
Great to be an employee but as a contractor, you have no guarantees.They are currently 1/2018 still not fully merged with Bayer. That could possible cause issues for both employees and contractors.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Build & Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2018
It was ok. It was fun working there and I personally learnt a lot from my colleauges and helped them as well in learning new stuff. I recommend working at this place
Good Boss
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterman, ILJanuary 16, 2018
This job was monotonous as I repeated the same job over and over. My boss was a real sweetheart and explained different aspects of the job which made it more interesting to come in every day.
I detassled for a contractor.
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, IAJanuary 14, 2018
I taught new people how to detassle, while detassling. Typically, in the field, around 7 am and done around 4 pm. Great contractor and workers. The hardest part of the job would be the heat and long walking, but I didn't mind either. I enjoyed everything about the job, I love manual labor.
Relaxed
Warehouse worker/Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAJanuary 12, 2018
I worked at the production plant for a few months during a summer job and it was pretty slow going and relaxed but also boring at times. They are very into safety and many rules and regulations are in place.
Cutting edge technology
Consultant IoT Platform Architect (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2018
You have the freedom to work and experiment. However, depending on the manager/department your work-life balance will be affected. Good colleagues. Lack of exposure to different departments across the company will stunt growth and expand your knowledge/skill/expertise.
Telecom Field Technician - contractor (Former Employee) –  Crever coeur MOJanuary 11, 2018
I was a contractor. Monsanto treated both employees and contractors very well. Loved working there. The only downfall was that it was a contract position which eventually would eliminate my job. Also, it was a long commute for me.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
long distance commute for me
worked well with others
Seed Techician (Former Employee) –  Monmouth IlJanuary 10, 2018
You would be busy about every season expect some time in the winter would be slow.
I learned a lot about working in the field and out of the field. Helped take notes of the fields that were being tested. Hardest part at times was working in the fields on a very hot and humid day.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring new staff and coaching a large project team of business analysts and developers.

Supportive team and management.
Great atmosphere!
Procurement (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2018
Working at Monsanto is great... if you are a full time employee. Monsanto employs a high percentage of contract workers. These still vital roles do not receive any benefits whatsoever. The perks of Monsanto - one large one, extra days off during the holidays - are especially painful for those not getting paid for them.

There is no valid/pertinent reasons given when asking about the transition to full time.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Too many contract employees
Productive Workplace
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63146January 8, 2018
Great workplace, great people to work with and know. Always stayed very busy and always asked others if there was anything they needed help with or if I could with anything. The only downside is that I was a contractor.
typical day & workplace culture
Accountant Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 7, 2018
typical day - monthly work, constant communication with management, give presentations.
culture - emphasis on employees who are very personable.
learned - SAP
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
low job security, due to competitive environment (and I suppose the upcoming Bayer merger as well)
Great company
Maintenance Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Luling, LAJanuary 7, 2018
Laid back company. Great job security. Will get their time out of you. Management is easy to work with and always willing to hear what issues you are having.
Loved my team
Salesforce Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Learned a lot about Salesforce and loved my team. Worked very well together and still friends. Other team was cutthroat and management wan't friendly or likable.
Pros
Cons
Mostly hiring contractors and really need to hire permanent
Contracted
Field Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  TX, OK, MN, SD, LA, ARJanuary 3, 2018
There is little work because of the specific contract that I have. Managers and other team members of Monsanto are very good to work with and for. I would recommend Monsanto as an employer.
Productive and Challenging
Safety Technician, MST Mid-States Technical (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 1, 2018
A typical workday is filled with safety culture and yet, a fast-paced environment. They are many challenges for this being a new facility for Monsanto in bringing them aligned with the Saint Louis ESH sites. But, in the end, we accomplished our mission.
The job was uninteresting.
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Mahomet, ILDecember 31, 2017
Monsanto was not a very interesting job. I detassled for my job and the mangers were only useful by helping. The job was just boring and all around not useful in going into most careers.
Pros
Cons
Short Brakes
Re: Expect Nothing
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MODecember 26, 2017
This place was the worst group of managers that I have ever been associated with. When it comes to work assignment, they want you to find new ways to perform on a task, even though you have completed all your assignments. Not a good place to work!
Pros
Pleasant work area.
Cons
Poor misguided management. Unclear expectations.
Fun place to work
Co-op at Monsanto (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2017
Work life balance fit well. Start a day at 730am and ended at 430. Even though they only hired me on as a contractor they still cared about my well being.
good company
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 20, 2017
This organization has a lot of products that are marketed that are cutting edge. Those products have been a main driver in the past for the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.