Monsoon Chocolate

Working at Monsoon Chocolate: 4 Reviews

United States4 reviews

Cool job but turnover was disruptive and management didn’t respond to employee feedback.

This was a fun place to work in terms of coworkers (fun hardworking and very team-oriented) and of course the chocolate. But so many people quit or were let go in 2022, and I believe it could have been prevented. It had nothing to do with the pandemic. There were a lot of concerns that employees brought up about management style and response from owners was always “we feel attacked”. This wasn’t productive or solution oriented and they would often just cite the terrible burden of owning a business and not actually engage with feedback. I hope that they have better practices in the future to reduce turn over and that maybe they hire more middle management positions who are better at working directly with employees.

Pros

Coworkers, chocolate, health insurance

Cons

Management style, turnover

Fun and lively work place

Great company to work for.Great pay.The managers are flexible with my schedule as a mom.Managers are very helpful with trainings to develop my skills so that I can be successful at work.The leaders at Monsoon Chocolate strive to provide quality products. Monsoon Chocolate is environmentally conscious.I feel a sense of community knowing that our cacao comes from different parts of the world.

Pros

Health insurance

Monsoon Chocolate insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

I finally feel like my time is respected.

Monsoon Chocolate is a small business so they have to work harder than others to get s*** done. It is certainly not the recommendation of their accountant to be paying us as well as they do on top of offering benefits. They do that because they care about their team and it shows in areas other than pay.I have noticed problems with younger employees expecting everything and giving nothing in return. Those who want to work, however, are more than happy to be apart of a company that cares tremendously about them, their product and the people behind it. Not just the direct employees, but every person involved in the process, starting from the farm owners they get their beans from.

Great benefits but terrible management

- workplace culture was awful- business owners treating FOH and BOH differently/unfairly- great quality products at the expense of treating their employees disrespectfully- high turnover rate due to bad management from owners

Pros

healthcare benefits, working with chocolate

Cons

bad management/owners, low team morale, cons outweighing decent pay & benefits

Official response from Monsoon Chocolate

November 12, 2022
It saddens us that a former employee is able weaponize this review function against our small business. Many small businesses have struggled keeping the doors open throughout the pandemic, and while we don't claim to be perfect –– we certainly do not have "awful" work culture, nor do we treat employees unfairly or disrespectfully.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsoon Chocolate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits