Monster Energy Employee Reviews

terrible management, ice cold owners
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 8, 2019
a hotbed for unskilled un educated people. A very bad place to work. Terrible management, culture is bad. Very negative vibe throughout the marketing area and graphics area. Many law suits have already happened and are now on going for many employees. Would never recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
a quagmire of bad people
Great opportunity turned worst nightmare
Procurement coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 5, 2019
I worked with the company for 3 years and gave it my all. I worked late and weekends and never had a poor review or got written up until I was forced into a position that was originally for me to lend a helping hand. Several people were in and then out of Monster in my short time there, 10-15 at least, and 2 of those people quit at the same time. Long story short, I was forced out of my old position, into this horrific position that was extremely high stress (I always wondered what was wrong with the girl who worked in the position prior to me and now I know) with no training, and had to train another employee. I stepped up and did the job only to be able targeted on a daily basis (getting called into the office, written up, being told I “look unhappy” and I’d have to fix that) I was in and out of HR 4-5 times, reaching out to see if there was anything I could do. Ultimately, I left the position. Be cautious about working here. You see all the reports about HR and the company not really caring about their employees. It’s TRUE! I never thought this would happen. I loved my job and worked very hard. It’s disheartening.
Pros
Benefits, location, name
Cons
Poor management, HR is a joke, compensation is just ok, culture
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Had great equipment , a typical day would be driving to the events
cross country. Was booked in hotels for days off on the road.
Was paid for a full day even if you worked only half day. The hardest part of the job was getting to the events on time because of traffic.
Most enjoyable was the opportunity to work for the company
Pros
good money
Cons
gone all year, very little home time
Great company. Great job.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  YesJanuary 30, 2019
I picked up this job as a side gig. I loved it since I started. It’s very flexible and you work with great people. You have to submit your availability on a weekly basis and you’ll receive a schedule for that week. Shifts are hit or miss; sometimes you’ll get that awesome event and sometimes you’ll get a dud shift that you have to Guerilla sample at a particular location.

There are opportunities to travel and you get a good per diem. Those opportunities are earned through whoever works the most so take that into consideration.

The only downside is that they don’t offer part-time benefits.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexibility, travel
Cons
No part time benefits
By far the best job I have had!
Intern (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2018
Working for Monster Energy was very fun, exciting, different, and enlightening. Being an Intern was something I had never done before but would do again if given the opportunity. The environment was very welcoming and my coworkers made me feel at home. The best part about the job was that there was something I was able to learn or do, every single day. There was never a dull moment! The only bad things I can say about this job is that I wish the summer internship was longer!
Pros
very enjoyable work place
Cons
must be willing to travel every day
Not What I Would Have Thought
(Monster Ambassador Team), New Orleans (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 18, 2018
You would think your role would be a lot more exciting working for Monster Energy. Unfortunately, the pay is below average for brand ambassador work and the hours are scarce. I was hoping to work around 25-28 hours a week, but really only wind up with 10-18. The lead for my area is not very sociable, so communication gets blurry. I enjoy the work and people on my team, however, it's not the fun work environment I thought it was going to be. There's no team building, incentives for being the employees doing all the advertising nor true advancement opportunities.
Pros
Fun People, Part Time
Cons
Pay, No Benefits
dfasdfasd
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
this is a great compnay with a lot of fun involed . they like to work hard and play harder . diferent distributors offer different quality of work experience.
Easy Work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 27, 2018
Good job for what it is. The job is pretty enjoyable if you like your team. You don't have to do much besides hand out free samples to the general population.
Pros
Fluffy job
Cons
Unpaid break. Don't learn too many new skils
Field Sales Rep
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 23, 2018
Great company to work for. Working with Coca Cola counter parts weekly and gaining useful skills as a sales rep, advancing the look of the trade. Goal is to be the best.
Very stressful
Contract Expired (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 17, 2018
The position I had was very stressful and cut throat.
My training was not satisfactorily to what the management expected of each employee.
The turn around ratio was very high due to the lack of improper training.
Pros
Great fellow employees
Cons
Lack of training
Its a great experience
Treasury Accountant (Current Employee) –  LondonOctober 7, 2018
You get to learn a lot, you will get great support and help from your superiors. There is always a new project within the system which will help you grow well.
Any education is good learning
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 1, 2018
Any education is good learning. I take the time to learn and benefit from every position/situation I am in. The past 10 years with Monster got me going on a life I didnt know I was missing out on. With it, I realized I like working with numbers and applying the knowledge to business related analysis.
Great for college students
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Employees send in their availability weekly in order to be put on to the schedule. It is great for any college student. You get to attend cool events and your co-workers become life long friends.
great job
Collegiate Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 30, 2018
loved their products and promotional items. I did not want to leave the company due to fun environment and workload. being apart of events that i personally sponsored were amazing.
Very professional company to work for
Professional BMX Rider (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 15, 2018
Monster Energy was a extremely professional company to work for. Over all, my experience with this company was beneficial to furthering my BMX career and overall work life.
Overall great job
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 15, 2018
I worked for a local distribution company that worked for monster but it was a pretty great experience. The schedule was very flexible and you were pretty much your own boss.
A typical work day
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
Every day at Monster is a great day. Obviously there are going to be days that are better than others but overall it is a fun and inclusive work environment. I travel to a different place time I clock in and I appreciate the ever changing work enviroment. One thing I enjoy most about my job is that my manager always supplies me with the essential supplies needed to approatley do my job.
Work atmosphere is great
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 12, 2018
I worked at Monster Energy as a temporary employee through Aerotek Services. My assignment had ended and I was disappointed that I wasnt hired permanently. I would definitely love to work at Monster Energy again.
Pros
Work enviroment is excellent
Cons
parking was crowded when i worked there
Work till you drop
Corporate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 25, 2018
long long long work hours. Culture is very political. Under paid. no advancement. micro managing is extreme here. no lifestyle balance. high turnover.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2018
I loved working on the sampling team! Everyone there was fun to work with. We had a great team. The job was fun and I got to meet lots of people. The schedule was flexible and allowed me to go to school and still have some personal life. The manager always offered us more hours when special events were scheduled so we could work some fun events. She was great to her team and to me! Overall great place and great team to work with!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monster Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight