Monster Mini Golf Employee Reviews

Fun entertainment for young and old
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJune 17, 2019
It is a fun place to work with different fun attractions for all ages. Birthday parties are performed to perfection. They receive exceptional reviews.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult customers
work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 1, 2019
I started at this company as a part-time party host and have worked my way up to management. I handle the scheduling of parties, day camps and cooperate events. I resolve customer disputes, handle all cash deposits and reconciling of registers nightly, troubleshooting of arcade games and managing other employees to ensure business is clean and well maintained.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 19, 2019
The MMG branch I work at is amazing. Staff is trained to be helpful and friendly to not only customers but with each other, which makes it a great environment. The management is just as great and actually help with day to day problems and tasks, rather than staying in an office all day long and letting floor workers do all the hard work. Promotions and raises are also distributed by work ethic, rather than seniority which is another pro to the list. Management acknowledges their hard-working employees and does not let it go unnoticed. Overall a great place to work whether it be your first job or the start of your career. I truly cannot think of a single thing that I have not enjoyed since my start at Monster Mini Golf, it is a unique and fun place to work in an amazing environment.
fun while it lasted
General Manager, Lead Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 19, 2019
The location i worked at is now closed. I became the manager very quickly due to the other employees leaving because of the lack of benefits and relatively low pay. This did not bother me since i was still in high school and therefore hadn't outgrown my health insurance, dental, etc. The job was easy and fun since the place was usually slow. Hosting birthday parties was my favorite part, doing giveaways and promos over the loud speaker takes some getting used to.The management responsibilities were a lot but i enjoyed doing them. It was a unique situation and work environment. My experience most likely does not apply to other locations since it is a franchise and many of the day to day duties are decided by the individual owners.
It's a good first job...
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDMarch 4, 2019
I appreciate them for allowing me to work for them for my first job. There is no way of advancing in the company for some. I enjoyed working there sometimes and other times we have our bad days. The actual store managers, a married couple, were very nice people and I appreciate them.
Wasn’t horrible
Party Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 2, 2019
Wasn’t horrible but pay isn’t great so a good starter job to learn what business actually is. Really Helped me learn how to really work at a proper company.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Sometimes it feels like anything can happen. Expect unexpected
fun environment, bad management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 19, 2019
Monster Mini Golf is a fun place to go, but it's not always fun as a worker. The management is bad, and staff members aren't allowed a loud enough voice. This is a good part time temporary job, but I would not recommend a long lasting full time job.
Pros
Free Golf, New Friends
Cons
Bad management, No benefits.
Good Place for Teens
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 2, 2019
It's a good place to work if you're young and still in high school for a weekend gig. Most of the hours are on the weekend, unless you're in college and you want more hours then they might be able to put you on during the week. It involves a lot of customer service to parents and families. If you don't like to be loud and assertive with children, then this is not the job for you. All of the coworkers and management are super friendly and understanding, but don't expect to get promoted even after two + years of working there.
Creative and fun work place
Lead Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 30, 2019
This is a great place to work, the crew is fun and free spirited. The Manger is thoroughly invested in the work. Costumer service is put above all else.
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
Short breaks, mostly high school students
Job was very fun, management wasn't professional
Guest service rep (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2019
The daily tasks at Monster Mini Golf were: working the cash register, getting guests prizes, monitoring the golf course, making sure guests were enjoying their time, hosting children's birthday parties and making announcements at the DJ booth. When I was first hired, I had a very good time and learned very quickly. Recently, I had some issues concerning favoritism in the workplace regarding a management position and that is the reason for my leaving.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Favoritism, management under the age of 18
really fun and fast paced job
LEAD PARTY HOST (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 15, 2019
loved working there, the staff is like family, and working with the kids are fun. gained alot of experience with kids and organization skills. would work there again in a heart beat.
Pros
so much free food from the birthday parties lol but great staff to work with
It wasn't great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 15, 2019
The management was not receptive to growth amongst employees, the atmosphere is juvenile and there are no benefits long-term. Nepotism is also assured.
Pros
sometimes free air hockey
Cons
everything else
Fun, family environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 26, 2018
Loved working here when old owner was around! Had flexible hours & opportunity to work more. I would return if I could. I loved attending training in Vegas & learning how to be a better party hostess
Fun and friendly workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FL 33067December 10, 2018
It was a very simple but fun job. Most of the people that worked there were my age so we got along well. There was an arcade and glow in the dark mini golf so it was very entertaining place. A normal shift for me would be about 5 to 6 hours long with a 30 minute break. I would just be doing my job which was starter most of the time and I would explain rules of the game, hand out and collect golf clubs,supervise the course around me and help out customers.
Pros
We were able to leave on break to get food, or we were able to eat food provided in the break room if there was any.
Cons
They would sometimes ask me last minute to stay a little longer, and extend my shift. It was so fast paced and we never had time to relax.
Fun place to work!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MariettaNovember 26, 2018
A great first job! Mom and pop shop so close knit. Never a boring day. Tips for birthday parties and quarterly for highest performance. Work with children.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJOctober 1, 2018
Managers are nice and work around your schedule. Easy going as long as you get the job done. All the co-workers are nice and welcoming. Always busy doing something so you're never standing around bored.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
No breaks for working long shifts
fun work place but it's definitely only a starting out job
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDSeptember 29, 2018
Monster mini golf was my first job as soon as I was old enough to work in the state of Maryland. It was so much fun interacting with kids and making their birthdays special.The job only me had me work weekends during the school year, but i would work 7 am sometimes 6 am until 5:30 pm even 6 pm. other times like in the summer or winter(when it snows) when we are slow they could send you home early. The only benefit i got working there was free golf and laser tag and a 10 cent pay raise after one year. Really the main boss had a set plan of who was a key holder and general manager so there was no way of moving up. I honestly did love this job but i need to move up and make more to pay bills. During the summer it wasn't so bad it was slow minus the field trips and I had a lot more hours. But the winter time we had 14 party slots a day. This is where it got crazy with back to back.If you weren't hosting you were cleaning, or managing register, and/ or even running laser tag games .
Pros
annual parties for workers, free laser tag and mini golf
Cons
A lot of working in 2 days, very fast paced, no real benefits or chance of advancing in the company
Great place
Party & Event Planner / Operations (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 18, 2018
Overall great company, will miss working here. Paid lunch break but no vacation or sick days. Promotes from within. Wish they made staff feel more cohesive; a lot of times I felt like an outsider. Management can be split on some decision making, they do need to work on that. Best company I have ever worked for.
Boring and Low Hours
CASHIER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Not a fun place to work at. It's always empty unless it's summer, then it's packed and there are too many customers and not enough workers. The air never works and there is almost no real light. Unsafe working conditions. Also always promised a raise and never got one.
Pros
Cool crowd
Cons
Lack of proper management from owner
Fun work environment and a good part time job for anyone who wants to balance their work and personal life.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20877August 4, 2018
A typical day at work is slow unless we have some events or parties going on that day. A pretty good work environment for anybody looking for a part-time job. The culture was very embracing but it the owner was not very good at all and neither was the management style.