Montage International Employee Reviews

Management is so poor
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 28, 2018
Management is extremely sexist. I’ve never seen anything like it before in my life. Guys are given more opportunity for advancement, attending meetings, higher pay, outings, their opinions are valued more the list goes on and on.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Sexism and racism
Enjoyable, challenging
Cook III (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 15, 2018
It was fun working in multi-cultural environment. Everyday was always a new day to prove your skills and to hone it. I loved it while my contract lasted.
Wonderful 5 Star Company
Retail Buyer & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maui, HISeptember 11, 2018
I absolutely loved my experience with Montage. The only reason I left was to relocate to the mainland, it was very hard to leave my lovely team. I appreciated the freedom to innovate and be part of a 5 Star team. I loved it!
Pros
Free lunches, creative freedom
Cons
Salary
No support for staff that isn’t management
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 2, 2018
no support. i transferred to a property from another, and had a very hard time adjusting. if a manager transfers properties, the hotel will give them a suite to stay in for a month until they adjust to their new move. there was no support because they could find another me in minutes. they don’t care. and i wish i didn’t risk everything to join their team.
Pros
benefits, free lunch
Cons
too many
Not a good place to build your career
Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 19, 2018
Work Here for a year, and I can say by far this is the workplace if you want to be STRESS all day. No life/work balance, you worked 24/7 even holidays
Pros
Free lunch, parking
Cons
Too much to mention
nobody cares anymore
Spa (Current Employee) –  SpaMay 29, 2018
Used to be a wonderful place to work and you had job security. Now they have cut departments, positions and hours. Even if you have signed a contract as a full time employee and have devoted your career to them, it does not matter. They are cut throat with scheduling, they would like everyone to be available 24/7 but only want to give you part time hours with no benefits. If you are full time and do not make your full time hours weekly, you have to use your PTO to make up the difference to keep your status! Management needs help and training on how to communicate more and without being defensive. Most people who have been there a considerable amount of time are still there because they are hoping things will change and have a passion for what it used to be.
Pros
free lunch and employees are very nice
Cons
no job security
Better than any office job
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 16, 2018
The location is gorgeous! How could you ever be in a bad mood in such a beautiful place? I’ve met so many wonderful people from around the world, both guests and coworkers. Every department has their ups and downs, but I can truly say I love my job and the people that I work with. There is room for growth throughout the company or at least movement into another department. Everyone is so friendly and it’s honestly a great place to meet new people.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking, health benefits, property wide discounts in all locations, and beautiful scenery
Cons
Sometimes there are long hours and stressful moments, but they do pay OT for over 40 hours.
Very stressful place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2018
Typical day at work...

Shift passdown... Shake our heads at how little our management knows and how little the day shift actually completed.

Hide from manager until he leaves. Very easy to accomplish because he is busy following his GF (fellow manager) around the hotel like a lost puppy.

Work a little.

Lunch.

Work some more.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
inexperienced managers, HR does not punish managers for harrassment, toxic work environment
Great people to work with
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMarch 22, 2018
Overall a beautiful property but needs a lot of work, the management was not the best. There was no room to move up at the location, but potential within the company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no raises
Terrible management. Great pay.
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 4, 2018
Ultimately, I left because the management was very biased, dishonest, and self serving. The scheduling got to the point of being cutthroat and the gossip and mean spirited talk from employees in the back was too much. It's very unfortunate, because the pay and facility were excellent.
Pros
Beautiful property and great pay
Cons
Awful management and culture
Stressful and barely tolerating
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 19, 2018
Team work does not exist in this line of work, you are to endure the harsh weather changes of outside tasks, some male co-workers do not respect female co-workers, some hotel guest can be rude. Over all: very stressful work place, a lot of drama from supervisors and other co-workers, and you need extreme patience to deal with everything and everyone.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay, racism at work place, outside in harsh weather, no growth, no over time pay, no respect and management doesn't care
Great Company
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Would recommend working for Montage, so many career opportunities for the Hospitality industry. Great benefits for full-time associates. Highly recommend.
Management Does Not Care
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Managers either lack experience, don't care about their staff, or both. HR doesn't have time to bother with your complaints. They seem to be more in the business of firing than hiring. There is nothing good about this place. Work environment is completely toxic, and the people that can do anything about it just don't care or are too busy boosting their own ego to notice. Please stay away from here.
Pros
Free lunch, but you might as well bring your own.
Bluffton sc
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 11, 2018
Not enough pay for what they want you to do as a front desk employee. Sometimes they put the front office girls outside to help greet and unload bags from cars.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
No Support
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, UTDecember 20, 2017
Very unimpressed with Montage. Too many people think they are so important and no one works and supports each other. Upper Management blame everyone below. The Hotel Manager runs the hotel out of fear. If you want to work at a hotel in Park City pick any one but Montage.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
extra long hours and no recognition for your hard work.
Fast paced job with lots of guest service experiences
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CANovember 14, 2017
I loved the job for a long time because the job was fast paced and I didn't have to sit at a desk for too long. - they also have great discounts at sister properties and they support your vacation time (with plenty of PTO to use!)....but after a couple of years I didn't feel like I was getting paid enough for what I did and like I didn't have the chance to move up. It's a small company and they already have people in mind for most positions so it is very hard to be considered for promotion.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking, property discounts, benefits, 401k, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, no growth
Caring Management
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJuly 13, 2017
Montage offers excellent support from the corporate office. Management truly cares about their associates and is very willing to work with them for the best possible job fit.
Hardest Part of The Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2017
No loading dock, lack of receiving area for deliveries, no outdoor garbage storage, dysfunctional work flow for getting product from storage to production
Pros
Great Montage culture, wonderful guest experience and yes free lunch