Montana Metal Products Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Happy Employee (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 8, 2018
I’ve seen the bad reviews about MMP but honestly just don’t get it. Sure I’ve had bad days but overall the managers are amazing. HR is kind, considerate and fair. I’ve learned so much so far as a result of fellow employees being willing to train me without hesitation. The President is also fair and extremely hard working. I have no doubt about his competence as president of this company. The members of the Mifsud group are also fair and respectful. This is by far the best place I have ever worked. So far I’ve been shown a lot of kindness and respect working here. If you work hard they take notice. No company is going to be perfect to work for but MMP comes pretty darn close in my book.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, respectful bosses
Cons
None that I can think of
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 30, 2017
This is a terrible place to work. President has absolutely no idea what he is doing. The working environment is stressful and mismanaged. I never should have taken the job. If you like getting yelled at and belittled by upper management take a job at Montana Metal Products.
Machinist at Montana Metal Products
CNC Horizontal Mill Operator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 11, 2015
I learned to operate conversational programming at Montanan Metal Products.I became familiar with machining aluminum as well. My favorite part of the job is being able to work at a fast and safe paste. This way I am able to finish my work efficiently and still be able to keep working ahead of myself.The hardest part would have to be not moving up in management due to the wage freeze. The management is very poorly put together. The benefits are also limited.
I have not learned anything new in quite some time and I am very willingly able to do so. At this job I am not utilizing all my skills as much as I would like too. I am very responsible and have great motor skills.
Pros
co-workers, easy to keep my machine running, 10 hours of over-time
Cons
poor management, night shift, no promotions, minimal benefits.