Montblanc North America Employee Reviews

Montblanc, a star
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 28, 2017
Montblanc is a great company where you can advance as much as you can. Now, for the advancement you need to be open about relocation. I worked for the company in Illinois, California and New York City. Great experience!
Pros
Great luxury company.
Cons
You have to relocate and I don't want to leave NYC
Fun place to work at.
Desktop Support/Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJAugust 21, 2017
Great culture here... Very flexible with their employees.
Management is very knowledgeable and works hard to keep others up to speed. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2017
Identified target markets and established successful plans to develop them.
Identify sales opportunities and follow up on existing accounts for business development. Research sources in order to develop new business connections.
Handle and resolve customers complaints.
Explain products value and capabilities to customers.
Great working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Worked well with my coworkers and reported to the VP with any concerns or solutions to any AP issues. We all worked as a team and helped everyone as needed.
Management by Fear
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northern californiaJune 4, 2016
This organization is so messed up, it's hard to know where to begin. I was hired (sort of) but kept in a temp classification. I could never plan my life as I never knew if/when I would get a day off. The Managers are all in fear of being fired and manager from fear. The Regional Mgr actually cried on the store. While I was there- only 6 months- 8 top level people were fired. It's a revolving door of people who can't find work elsewhere. Pathetic company.
Pros
Hourly rate not bad but commission is 1%
Cons
Horrible schedules: 10 days in a row
Disappointment in pay and rules, rules, rules
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 21, 2016
They tell you the commission is 1-4% but of course 4% is for selling watches that never sell
So it is really 1% only

They have so many rules. You have to wear suits and ties but they don't even pay for dry cleaning. We have to pay parking too

Too many Managers running around acting important

Not enough customers
Pros
Nice pens
Cons
watches never sell
Horrible place to work
Sales Personal (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 21, 2016
Run for your life! They expect you give up your life for 1% commission. They work you 10 days in a row and never approve your vacation time
deep history.. poor management
sales (Former Employee) –  tri-state areaOctober 13, 2014
upper management is not looking to help you succeed. They will not help you transfer to another location; they actually make it nearly impossible to do so. Very low foot traffic in the boutique; plan sales in advance or pray that those customers coming into the store are looking to spend a good amount of money. there are multiple price increases throughout the year, which makes clients very unhappy. the commission sucks for the amount of work you put into making/ planning your sales. there is a lot of down time and not much to do during that time.

the product and history of the brand are the only things that were enjoyable about this company.
Pros
hourly pay plus commission, benefits
Cons
management, commission rate
bad experience
sales (Former Employee) –  garden cityDecember 13, 2013
I love this brand..but company need replaced the store manager in garden city...that was big mistakes hired that kind of person without the professional experience also under the moral behavior...
Management was horrible
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 28, 2013
The product Montblanc sells is wonderful and enjoyed selling and working with it. However management is very hands off. They walk around with their nose in the air trying to blame employees below them for their mistakes. Their culture was not for me. There is a lot of bullying and HR does very little to stop it. They expect you to work all day with little care or concern for families. Management could careless about employees all that mattered was the BRAND.
I enjoyed the opportunity to work with Montblanc.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 19, 2013
Montblanc introduced me to the Luxury Goods sector. I did enjoy working with the Corporate Sales Division.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montblanc North America. Our community is ready to answer.