Montclair State University Employee Reviews

Great to start at
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Its a great company to start at but there is not much room for advancement depending on what field your in. They also like to hire people per diem (part time) and keep them around for a long time without giving them a full time job with benefits
Working at Montclair State University was great!!
Senior Maintenance Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 31, 2018
I spent 4 years working at Montclair State University. While working there I had a list of experiences that guided me into the working world. The pay was decent and you received leave and sick time annually.
Interesting work environment
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 21, 2018
The people are either lazy and dumb or extremely intelligent and motivated. The people in charge have half a brain so that explains why they leave everything to be student run and get mad when mistakes are made- forcing them to do their job.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 16, 2018
This job is very relaxing. I sit at a front desk assisting people and helping faculty and staff. I provide customer service, maintain media equipment and conduct the set-up.
very diverse accepting environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 8, 2018
a beautiful place for dreams to come true. there was a lot of space to innovate and design my own experiments. i would reckoned Montclair to anyone who wishes to gain valuable laboratory experience.
Good for getting free classes
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 6, 2018
If you're inclined to teach or enjoy public speaking, being a graduate assistant is a great way to get tuition remission as well as make a bit of money on the side.
decent place
cashier (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 30, 2018
not bad, no room for advancement. decent coworkers management was inept and did not care to improve customer satifaction. cstomers demanded very little but an extreme amont of locations and seemed satisfied with that
Great working envrionment
Research Associate, Department of Biology (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 26, 2018
MSU is a great place to work and has many activities for families to participate in. We attended many sports activities. The students were hard working.
Very nice clinic, with professional staff
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 26, 2018
Working in the clinic in Montclair is great for student interns who are learning how to perform audiological assessments for the first time. The staff is very detail oriented.
Good start to the world of business
GRADUATE STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 18, 2018
MSU provided a convenient path to employment while doing your degree due to its proximity and flexibility in schedules. The compensation for a student worker was also very competitive when compared to other institutions
Pros
Flexibility
I enjoyed my coworkers but was looking for a full-time position
Temporary Blanket Employee (Former Employee) –  Upper Montclair, NJJuly 13, 2018
My office had several big projects to work on which was meaningful work. My coworkers were wonderful. The position was temporary so I left for a full-time job.
good university
Developer (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 13, 2018
Its a good university with strong Computer Science department.
Professors are good, knowledgeable and supportive. I liked that they do not micromanage and give freedom
Great place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 12, 2018
A place to help you for a public speech class communcation skills and overall as a person and meet brand new people and create new friendships and work on a resune
Productive with Relationship Building
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 3, 2018
In constant communication with co-workers and coordinators: lifting boxes, packing student bags, building trust and friendships. Peer Leaders on their own with a group of 10+ students, showing them campus offerings and personal experience stories.
Pros
Breakfast and Lunch provided; President, Deans and Staff knows our names, faces and work ethic
Cons
Some students less enthusicatic than others
Work/Life balance is great!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 24, 2018
Working at Montclair State University, provides a stable work environment where diversity is accepted and supported.

Workplace culture is great! I work with a great group of individuals.
Worked Productively
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 14, 2018
Productive working experience. It was professional and efficient. I worked a lot with fellow classmates and students. A lot of trust was given to the staff from the supervisors.
Very Productive and Accepting Office
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 9, 2018
This office is lovely to work at and there is always room for advancement if you ask about opportunities. The only thing I did not like was all the gossip about the Student workers and how every person in the office made all the student workers do all their work.
Pros
Very nice people
Productive, a chill workplace but small
Student Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Upper Montclair, NJMay 7, 2018
All I had to do was just log on to a computer to my own custom log in and just call a bunch of alumni or parents depending on the section that the boss puts me in. There's a script for most sections when I call the prospects(customers if you want to call it that). the hardest part of the job is just to be persistent with the asks for donation even when you know that they will say no every time. It got a little frustrating depending on the section that I would be put in because of how I would approach them of the script. It wasn't much but since it was at a college that I'm currently in, it was the only convenient Job I can go for a whole semester.
Pros
free snacks, the staff is really chill for the most part
Cons
short breaks but I'm fine with that
Worst HR Department
Senior Advisor for Post Production Support (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 7, 2018
Have never seen a place more missed managed! People try to do their best only to have the HR VP kick them down. Interesting treatment of employees, autonomous robots should do the trick.
Pros
Early start at 6
Cons
rude PHD holders
Ugly people
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 3, 2018
There are people who are good and people who work for themselves. My experience was such that the group of long term employees were a network and if one decided that you did not fit their bill a whole gaggle would come out of the wood work and literally chart the times in the day that you use the rest room and present it to management. Management does and has used this kind of information to influence major work related decisions as well. These people point fingers in all directions so they can keep it looking like they have work on their plates while never getting things done. They learn the key words to drop on the table in a meeting without knowing what it really even means. It's unreal.
Benefits
Cons
Cliquish, Wanna-be