Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino Employee Reviews

theater and how it is
Utility Porter-Las Vegas (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
Theater was amazing and fun people to work with. Management were good to work with. Team work is good and we work good together. Culture is very open and many cultures work here,
Pros
free food on break
Cons
not enough hours
Mgm great company to work for
COCKTAIL WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
I love the monte carlo ! Mgm is a great company to work for mangament is good a understanding mgm have over 16 resort on the Las Vegas strip great place to br
Great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
Very nice good place i like it there nothing bad happens there days and hours go by so fast u feel like u having work at all. Great employees great eve
Good
I do love working at the Monte Carlo that why I work there for almost 21 years
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Nv 89109July 8, 2017
I always take care of my co workers and I always care about them my co workers and my management they like a family to me and I always love working as a team
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
1 hour break heath insurance
Productive day at Monte Carlo Spa
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NvJune 16, 2017
make sure station is ready, learning different customer needs, management there for us. positive setting. making client restful, reaching clients goal
Pros
beautiful break room and free lunch
Cons
health care to complicated
Hard work but good money
Poker dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2017
Good benefits, good money, fun job. The best thing about the Monte Carlo is the fact they had 0 tolerance for players abusing employees and other players. Sad that they decided to close the poker room.
Productive and fun place to work. Enjoy it very much.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2017
Good working environment. Fun and enjoyable environment with good people and made lots of friends. Learned many things about working in the casino environment.Also had the opportunity to learn new skils and management styles.
Pros
Job security
Stressful environment
GRA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2017
Very heavy work with minimum supervision. Supervisors are very biased. If you did not "get along" then your work was more scrutinized than others. Overall it was an ok place to work at
Monte Carlo
Warehouse &Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2017
Great people, great location & rising star of the MGM Properties. Will continue to grow & be a fantastic destination for the vacationing public. Close to T-Mobile Arena.
Pros
Cons
Paid Parking
good work place
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2017
I have 19 years customer experience working with this company. I was lead valet and operated a crew of five. I was always busy and never had any issues with the company or its customers.
Customers
Customer Service-Casino & High Limit Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
This job consist of standing/sitting 8hrs. Helping entertain customers. Teach them or give advice on the game. Very fast pace. Help my floor person keep track of buy ins.
Pros
Paycheck, co-workers
Cons
Stand/sit 8hrs. Rude customers
Disappointed
Slot Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2016
We all need our job but its disappointed how unfairly employees are treated. I guess they don't believe in happy employees produce more.
In a lot of departments there is very poor management.
Hardest part of the job is the favoritism and very little recognition for the ones that truly work hard.
To many politics.
Bottom line employees are treated like slaves.
Pros
getting paid
Soild place to work
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2016
The work day consists of parking cars, customer service and providing a experience for the guest. The hardest part of the job is the guests. The reason why is because you'll be interacting with many different people. You will eventually come across a person with a bad attitude and they'll take it out on you
Good experience
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Very poor management.
It was a great learning experience! Talked to over a thousand guest a day. Helped guests with what they needed. I love the fast pace enviroment. Learned how to deal with a lot of angry guests.
Pros
Free lunch, paid breaks.
Cons
The management was bad, very hostile work enviroment.
Just meeting people from all over the world
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
I had one the best crews I could work for. One of the hardest parts of this job was when 5 or so machines went empty at the same time, and they all wanted their machine filled right away. The most enjoyable time was watching people win.
Pros
free lunches, and paid lunch break
Cons
having to wear an uncomfortable uniform
Excellent Employer that offered advancement opportunities
Casino Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
My time spent working at the Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino was amazing. My initial supervisors trained me extensively in order to reach my objectives to become a casino games supervisor. Management at this property was extremely respectful, helpful and always willing to lend a hand if you had a question or needed assistance. The staff at this property is hand picked for their talents and offered some of the best dealers and supervisors in the industry.
Pros
Excellent work environment, Free Meals, Benefits and competitive wages
Cons
Parking for employees and customers was limited until the new parking garage is completed
Fair pay, but no one on your side
Box Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2014
When I started, Monte Carlo was owned by Mandalay Bay. The company owned like 4 casinos at the time. In casino term, that's a
small group. But it was run well and everyone was very close knit.

Midway through my employment, it was bought by MGM. MGM is a monster corporation and was not able to run the company with the same amount of hands on as Mandalay had. HR suddenly didn't care about the employees; it was very much apparent that they were more interested in showing their new bosses that they deserved their positions. This meant that no mistakes (EVER) were tolerated. If a questionable act came up, those in question were punished to the fullest extent; to the point of "fudging" how things were written up.
example: I know of 3 employees who took an extra, short break at their supervisors instruction. The three employees were fired for "Stealing Company Property" because the HR employee felt they were "time". The supervisor was also fired for "Having knowledge of company theft and not reporting it."

I'm not sure if things are still run this way, but at the time, I was happy to leave that full time position when a part time position came up at another property.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
your on your own
the 9th circle of hell
Engineering Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2013
I interviewed for this job and was told it paid $15 hour, which is the lowest it should pay. When I was finally offered the job over the phone and drove all the way across town to sign paper work, I was then told it starts at $11.468 (thanks for the 8/1000th of a cent there!). I was mad because the hiring supervisor said he made a mistake. He should know how much a job pays if he's interviewing people for it. My unemployment was going to run out in a month so i basically had no choice in taking the job. Then he started telling me how easy it is to move into a better job after six months. It's not. 90% of all jobs posted in a casino already have a person in mind for that position. They just post jobs and do interviews because they have to. Once they get there mandatory interviews done, they give the job to the person they had in mind already even if one or all the other people who applied are just as or more qualified for the position. There is no structure here either. People generally just go about doing whatever they want and don't really seems to get into trouble. I'm doing everything in my power to get out without quitting.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
most meals suck, the pay really sucks, managment lacks backbone and lies, advancing to a new position is near impossible if you don't kiss the right butts.
Really enjoyed my time working at the Monte Carlo...I should have never left it.
Hotel Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2013
Fast paced, rewarding, challenging
ASSISTANT BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2013
A typical day at the Monte Carlo would start out w/ reviewing the daily schedule, who was working what station/bar on the casino floor, and giving the first of many hourly encouraging clocks. The majority of time was spent on the floor, ensuring that Customer Service was first on everyone's agenda.
I learned a whole new way of placing orders, as in bar orders, both for FOH and BOH.
The other managers worked hard, but didn't seem to work together all the time.
The hardest part of the job for me was feeling as if I wasn't learning their policy and procedures fast enough.
The best part of the job was seeing how hard the employees worked and how well they all worked together.
Pros
free lunches, encouraging staff
Cons
not enough hours in a day