Montebello Unified School District Employee Reviews

Fun and Productive
Tutor children in early developmental education (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 23, 2018
It was a good working expeperience when i was working at the daycare because it helped me be patient and understand the children more. It also allowed me to work with others.
Pros
good environment
Busy and Learning Experience
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 10, 2018
Followed lesson plans left by the classroom teacher
Classroom Management
Made sure students were on-task and doing what they were suppose to do
Learning new things
Fun Workplace
Yard Supervision Aid (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is long breaks. A typical day at work starts with the students walking into the school, supervising them as they eat breakfast or wait for class to start. As well as supervising them during their lunch breaks, and recess time.
Working for Montebello District was fun I learned a lot.
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 3, 2018
With little time working for Montebello District, it taught me a lot working with children, and how to make activities that were fun and educational. The staff worked as a team and always made me feel happy to be part of their team.
Pros
Working with children and learning from them.
Cons
Needed more hours
It was a good working environment, not too stressful
Attendance Technician (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMay 2, 2018
It was a great place to work for. I didn't have to work weekends and my work day ended at 4 pm. I was never overworked. Great health benefits. I enjoyed the flexibility I had to take time off when it came to taking care of a loved one.
Pros
flexible when needing time off
Cons
I didn't like the politics
Very comfortable place to work.
Nutrition Services 1 (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 29, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Relaxed atmosphere area for employees to take their breaks.

I only worked 2 hours a day, those 2 hours where enjoyable. Most of the employees where always willing to help each other. The best part was actually seeing Management work right along side of the employees.

Management treated everyone very fairly, did not look down on any employee as being beneath management!
Pros
Free meals!
Cons
Not enough hours, very few benefits and no room to grow.
Corruption.
Substitute case worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Depending on what job you get hired for, working for a school district is not as secure as it was years ago. District employees were audited by the State. Classified employees had their wages decreased and superintendents received an increase in their yearly salary.
Pros
A lot of unpaid time off.
Cons
Corruption. Funds embezzlement.
Adult Education
Adult Education Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CADecember 27, 2017
It was an interesting job experience working with adults and it is rewarding as well. The teacher gets to meet new students everyday and learn about their lives and obstacles the student faces. It is great when you see the students earning their certificates and/or their high school diploma and the joy that it brings the students when they have accomplished one of their goals. The hardest part is when the students are not able to hit their goal at the time that they wanted to or leaving because life comes first than their education. One learns a lot from their students and how we as educators are impacting their lives.
Pros
Great school campus, good hours
Cons
Very secluded atmosphere, always working alone
This USD used to be a fun, family oriented and a lot to offer and learn
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 31, 2017
Montebello USD used to be fun, family oriented and a lot to learn. A lot of knowledge and resources to learn. But now, all of them changed. Poor finance management knowledge, directions and micromanaging finance management. It's like the blind is leading the blind.
Pros
MUSD has a lot of resources
Cons
Poor Finance management attitude and accounting knowledge.
MUSD needs to give raises
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 26, 2017
A typical work day is busy. You never work the same day twice.
You learn your job on top of others, you basically have to be a team player with a GREAT ATTITUDE!
Workplace is never quiet, hardest part of the job is catching up on your deadline because working at a school you're constantly interrupted. Pros, drop everything for the kids and teacher, cons; parent's need records immediately and they take out their children frequently.
Pros
Gain Relationships with Parents and Staff.
Cons
Pay is unfair
Productive work place
Special Ed. Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 30, 2017
Excellent place to work for and take your children to school. The special ed departments is full staffed with highly qualified educators that excel in the classroom. Staff is constantly being trained and work closely with administration.
Benefits
Cons
good place if you love interacting with children
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 15, 2017
every day is a new experience working with children.very fun. but the job security of this district is very stressful. people here genuinely like working with one another.
MUSD in a valley
Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 11, 2017
A lot going on in this district with issues at the district office, lack of higher level administrative staff, and financial issues. State going to audit soon and will get back on track.
Pros
Schools are full of great people
Cons
District office
Achieve Success Tutor/District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJune 7, 2017
Great working environment, challenging expectations which allow everyone to work above and beyond their expectations. Overall a great working experience with them.
Cons
Good pay for part time work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 25, 2017
Pay is amongst the highest compared to districts around. The schedule is flexible and easy to work with. Most teacher and staff are friendly and easy to work with.
Good Local Government Agency
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 9, 2017
Small IT department, yet it managed to let programmers engage in some research and development. Overall MUSD management remained reasonable often feeling like a family trying to achieve common goals; sometimes slipping into a family squabbling.
Pros
Innovative despite small staff
Cons
Lost talent due to layoffs
MUSD is a great place to work.
Nutrition Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CA 90640March 30, 2017
I have been employed by MUSD for over 3 years. I have moved up through to second in command. As an acting supervisor has taught me management skills that can only be learned through experience.
Pros
Working around and serving the students
Cons
Only a part time position for cooks.
Great work environment
Special Education Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 25, 2017
- Management is understanding and professional.
- Workplace culture was very friendly and non intimidating.
- This company taught me the importance of time management and making sure all task were finish in a timely fashion.
Mismanagement at the highest level
Temporary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 23, 2017
It's very sad to work in a place where good, loyal, and talented people are not permanently hired. Because of corruption and mismanagement of funds at the very top, hundreds are losing their jobs. Fortunately at my school site, it is filled with joy and solid learning for our students. The administration is very supportive. At the district level, greed. I hope that one day MUSD can get their priorities straight. I feel bad for faculty, and especially for the children.
fun work place
Sound Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 15, 2017
mind you I was working here in high school... but I got to work with my friends doing live sound. it wasn't an everyday job, it was only when the high school needed live sound assistance.