Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Found 1,089 reviews matching the search See all 1,093 reviews
Everyday at Montefiore
Customer Service Specialist, Patient Advocacy (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 13, 2018
Our department manages different dynamics of patient complaints and grievances. Daily we are faced with rounding on 40 patients per day within a strict time period and large amounts of documentation, reports and sending letters within a very strict time frame. The ability to manage stress and pressure all the while maintaining professionalism is a must for this profession.
Pros
Reimbursement for tuition, time off, experience
Cons
inability to excel; lack of gratification, lack of acknolwedgement, continuation of daily add of responsibilities, lack of interdepartmental structure
Been here 10yrs
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2018
5 Stars for my co workers... 3 stars for the institution it self.... The doctors i work with are the best... As an OR team we rock... My site is the best!

Cons-
The institution is cheap, Wants to level up with the other big city hospitals but doesn't put into the employees and facilities the way the downtown hospitasl do. Like HHS, Mount Sinai, Pres
Pros
love my co workers
Cons
the institution is cheap
Great staff in the ultrasound dept
Ultrasound Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 9, 2018
As an intern it was amazing training alongside these professionals in the radiology department. You see the good and bad of what your job will require in a hospital setting. Everyone is open to teach once you're willing to learn, respectful and most importantly ON TIME.
Pros
Very motivating, pleasant individuals, radiology week is celebrated just as big as nurses or other departments. Great!
Cons
short break
Productive work place with a keruig in place plus a gym and free parking
Lab Tech II (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2018
A typical day in my department consists of being ready to service patients, ensure flow and assist with musculoskeletal issues. My responsibilities include triaging patients and making sure that diagnostic imaging studies such as MRI, CT-Scans and all additional information pertaining to the patients are available to the doctor to whom you are assigned to for the day.

Management is on the floor for any problems and available for trouble shooting. The work place culture has rules and regulations in place to keep us on the right path.

The hardest part of the job is not consistently having the supplies needed ensure comprehensive patient care.

The most enjoyable part is getting up every day to make a difference in people's lives and making them feel like my role within the health care organization changed their well being.

In my 13 years at Montefiore Medical Center, I've often been called upon to train new hires and recommend training protocols to my superiors, because of this responsibility, I've learned how to delegate work assignments see where changes are needed and come up with a solution that can be utilized and implemented.
Pros
Free Parking.
Professional services
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 31, 2018
The job itself is actually interesting but the management are always in meetings trying yto find ways to make the work environment stressful as well as cutting overtime right before the holidays opposed to waiting until after or ending it earlier than a month before the holiday season
Pros
Learning epic, Coding and billing
Cons
Cut throat, Stressful
Varied opportunities for diverse projects
Assistant Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2018
Varied opportunities for diverse projects and advancements. Change is a constant, flexibility and adaptability are essential for success. Large network offers a broad range of career paths.
Great Staff Nurse position
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 28, 2018
Worked in Medical Surgical and Critical Care. Typical 8 hour staff. Difficult work but probably among the most satisfying of my working career, Good work
Pros
Patient ontact
Cons
Weekend rotation
Not the worse place to work
Senior Electroencephalogram Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Having 1199 is a major help with benefits and increase benefits and consistent raises. Job satisfaction I believe is department specific.
Gives us excellent work skills
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2018
Gives us excellent work ethics. They make is feel like professionals
we are one of the top hospitals. we are trained on how we treat our customers and what we need to know for the hospital.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 23, 2018
Good place to work, staff is friendly and will help you out. Job security, work life balance and benefits are good. There is also growth in the company.
Typical workday
Trainer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2018
Busy every day working on coding denials for the Oncology Dept. in Epic. Working CCI/LCD edits in Epic and working denials received via the Finance Dept by reports.
Pros
Not far from home. Easy commute.
Cons
Too many clicks among employees.
Professional culture.
Community Health Organizer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2018
MSHP provides opportunity to serve populations in need! That alone, is an incentive. The work environment appears quite resourceful, with copious assistance from every end.
I interned
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 20, 2018
I interned at both Montefiore Moses and Montefiore Wakefield divisions as a radiologic technologist. It was a good learning experience. I liked learning both CR and DR equipment.
Work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2018
Job is good sometimes is employers you work with. Montefiore is good place and the salary is great but it has issues in some areas. Also I been with Montefiore for 4 years and it been good experience and bad.
workplace
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 17, 2018
good place to work, good people. Great team to work with. Staff is competent, could offer more training for RN, but still sufficient for the work at hand.
Great job
Senior Medical Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYOctober 12, 2018
Very supportive department. They promote from within and provide educational opportunities in order to succeed in your position. Mentoring program also helps.
Medical Secretary / Dental (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the medical filed. I learned so much over the years I was medical receptionist for the specialty clinic I also floated to different department with in the facility. we were like family we celebrated birthdays every month with lunch and gifts. waking up everyday and wanting to go to work is a great feeling
Excellent learning opportunity
Senior Medical Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  555 South Broadway Tarrytown nyOctober 12, 2018
Since I started working at Montefiore Hospital I have learned so much in such a short period of time. The training received here has set me up on a path to succeed in different aspects of HIM daily responsibilities that I would not have received any where else.
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Travel time to work onsite
Manageable
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 9, 2018
Typical day consisted in meeting with patients and assisting in ensuring they had their needs met, including their methadone was stable, medical needs was addressed as well as mental needs addressed.Workplace was for the most comfortable.Hardest part of the job was not being heard when issues arise concerning patients needs.
Pros
duable
Cons
difficult at times
Enjoyed learning about medical education and medical management
Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 8, 2018
Where I worked, there was a lack of professionalism, and the legacy Mount Vernon employees in my department were insecure and threatened by new workers who had expertise and talent they perceived were way beyond their abilities and business knowledge. I was shocked at the treatment I received which included spying on me, following me around, stealing my personal pen drive to get my information, etc.. There is inadequate senior level leadership in the department I worked in and the 30+ year co-worker I worked with got away with incessantly abusing, harassing me and spreading rumors about me to her buddy, legacy employees, some were even physicians who went there for their residency program and never left - the culture of being mean to people embedded in their character. It shocked me that a 30+ year veteran employee would be allowed to abuse and gossip about people and her crony physicians would be supportive and treat anyone she didn't like disrespectfully. Totally unprofessional and disappointing to experience this especially from a hospital where people go to be treated to stay well and healthy. Also to be part of Montefiore, a major health care system makes it even more troubling. Also, HR is useless - the person I spoke with misinterpreted what I told her - I told her I was not sure if anyone witnessed what my co-worked did to me because I was in my office and not sure the two doctors were in their office. The HR person interviewed the two doctors and they must have thought I was a troublemaker. Instead of things getting better for me, it got worse, as if retaliation against  more... me for speaking up and reporting abuse. Go figure.  less
Pros
benefits, convenient location few miles from home
Cons
Inadequate senior leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montefiore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Montefiore Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably