Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Found 1,121 reviews matching the search See all 1,125 reviews
Its a job
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I mostly stay here because of the convenience to home and my kids school but if it weren't for that i would leave and go to another hospital where the pay is higher
Pros
Union, breaks, extended lunch on pay weeks
Cons
low pay.
Montefiore medical cenwr
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Although it’s a great place to work the management does a very poorly job of managing! Working with people with different backgrounds and ethnicities always is a great learning experience!
Very good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2019
It was an extremely good place to work the vast experience was very good. I enjoyed my time working at montefiore.. Would recommend people to work there
It's Not What it Used to Be......
Side Kick (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2019
Montefiore was the best place to begin, learn, grow and advance. Unfortunately, the environment has know changed and internal competition has ruined what once was a "great" place to work. I would continue to point people to the largest employer in the Bronx however, I would not advise anyone to make this a lifetime commitment.
Productive and fast moving environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Like any other hospital, it is a fast moving environment. Finding a routine in any position is the best way to be productive. Friendly environment. Can get hectic at times but great personalities make it through the day.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2019
I can only speak for fellow researchers and clinical coordinators. If you are looking to advance your knowledge in research, help publish a manuscript and have direct patient contact, Montefiore is the place for you. There are so many smart and helpful mentors here to steer you in the right direction that you choose.
Pros
Mentorship, research opportunities, benefits
Cons
expensive hospital food that NOT GOOD, location, office space
Great place for a first job
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Montefiore is a great place for a first job seeing that it is a teaching hospital. A typical day for a for a unit secretary you entails that the floor runs smoothly and be a conduit of smooth communication between the doctors and nurses. Also you will be responsible for answering the call bells to assists patients in whatever they need,whether it be they need a nurse or assistance with their room phone. Downside of Montefiore is depending on the unit that you are some work as a team and others don't also because you are at the front of the unit everyone thinks you know the answers to everything even if it is outside the scope of your job description. Nepotism is the REAL thing here.
Big Hospital
Medical Biller & Coder- Dept. of Pathology Billing (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2019
I learned a lot at Montefiore Hospital. This is where I started to do Medical billing. I learned a lot at this location. My co-workers were very helpful to me. I didn't want to leave but eh commute was a lot.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
commute
productive
System Clerk / Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 5, 2019
A typical day at work consist of high volume of work and medical reviews. very diversity and educational. The hardest part of my job is being mindful of deadlines. The most enjoyable part is working in a environment with people that makes the day goes fast.
Temp job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2019
I got this job through a temp agency. I was only there for a month. It was a little uptight for me. I understand wearing business attire, but why couldn't they have had a casual Friday? My co-workers were kind and friendly. My supervisor was kind and she explained everything I had to do,
Pros
Not that far from home
Cons
Temporary and strict
poor senior mgt
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  gunhill rdJanuary 3, 2019
no senior direction to staff and management. union controlled because senior mgt were union members and detached from reality. there was more emphasis on showing power than on productivity and efficiency.
Pros
close to home
Cons
union focused, not employee focused
OK place to get your training, then move on... far away
GP Resident (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 31, 2018
I've witnessed a number of cases where residents and/or attendings were treated unfairly with bias and favoritism by the program director. Patients are treated in a factory line setting. Was here for my residency certificate and I moved on and never looked back.
Pros
Daily cafeteria credits and a few respectable attendings
Cons
Everything else
alot of opportunity
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 28, 2018
typical 8 hour shift job just like any health care establishment there is the 7-3, 3-11, 11-7 shifts for your typical positions. It is likely that you will begin your experience here as a per diem employee until a full time position opens up.
Providing patients with hHemodialysis treatments
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 25, 2018
Participate with Medical Directors to ensure suitable treatment modality for all patients (i.e. transplantation, dialysis, peritoneal dialysis).
• Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and followed for continuity of planned care when patients are transferred to other facilities.
• Participate with Medical Director in development and revision of patient care policy and procedure manual.
• Ensure proactive, high quality communication with physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare professionals regarding patient care
Pros
1199 Benefits
Cons
Far from home
Productive and fun place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 24, 2018
I learn a lot on a daily basis and meet new people every day. I love taking care of my patients and proving them with optimal care. I get to work overtime hours as well.
Productive Place to work for
Office Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 24, 2018
I was lucky enough to get an entry level job with Montefiore after graduation. It is an educational place to work for and will provide training for most software used in the company.
Old boys club
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 23, 2018
If you like to do 9 to 5 then this place is for you...but do not expect anything else in terms of career development. Most of the people are just doing time. Stay away if you like being challenged.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
No growth
It's a VERY VERY busy Medical Center
Physician Assistant / Gyn Surgery Service (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2018
You'll learn a lot, because every day is different, and you'll see pathology you've never seen anywhere else. It is extremely busy. I walk about 4 miles in a 12 hour shift.
Pros
Education
Cons
Busy
Good staffing and good breaks
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10467December 21, 2018
We had adequate breaks, supportive to the nursing staff if we wanted to sleep on our breaks that was fine. It was a tele floor but we had adequate staffing and we would float back and forth from the post stent area to the tele floor. I learned about different cardiac drips and teaching patients about the importance of medication compliance especially after a cardiac cath, we would call the patient the next day to make sure they were taking their plavix a blood thinner and if they were having any issues or questions. I felt management listened to the needs of the nurses. Work place culture was positive regarding being able to ask questions and discuss patients needs. The hardest part of the job was when we had lots of cardiac drips that had to be titrated at different times. Most enjoyable was when your patient was discharged that was not doing well, but made a full recovery.
Pros
Long breaks
fair
Senior Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 17, 2018
Very challenging work day . workplace culter can be more revised and professional . the hardest part of my job is learning to work with updated Epic grades . Most enjoyable part of my day are working with my team and members of the department .
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
choice time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montefiore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight