Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Found 1,052 reviews matching the search See all 1,056 reviews
productive work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 15, 2018
great management and coworkers. a typical consist of meetings in the morning, collecting assignments from upper management, the work load is very fair.
overall good place to work
Hospitalist Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Good place to work and learn. Good coworker support. Many options to advance in other fields. Many different types of patients from different backgrounds.
Productive environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Essential to be punctual and assertive. Since work pertains to human health and survival it is important to understand what the job entails, and how to most accurately complete job requirements.
Pros
Good academic setting
Positive experience
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  2005 Jerome AvenueSeptember 6, 2018
My endurance, commitment and values were all challenged during my tenure at Montefiore. I learned a wealth of skills and was provided with helpful and supportive supervision. The salary was not sufficient so I left for a higher salary and a new opportunity. I look back with gratitude and fondness for the professional development I was provided and for the personal connections I formed while there.
Pros
team collaboration and supportive supervision
Cons
salary
A place were it is all about team work.
Senior Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 6, 2018
A great opportunity to learn and advance your skills. However not a great structure. It is a great place to learn and be up to part on a day to day basis on all rules and regulations as well as all new updates.
Pros
great hours
Cons
short staff
Fun and relaxed work place
Administrate Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 5, 2018
It’s is a great place and the staff are very likable working with them is great experience learning the in and out of the medical field and new learing opportunities
Stressful
Security Officer/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 2, 2018
The company culture is non existent.
Management appears to be very clique like.
The patients are like any other hospital.
the work load is fair. The room for growth is very little.
Manager
Private Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 1, 2018
- good pay
- good benefits
- good vacation
- good perks
- good people
- the company has a great combination of diverse leaders who help develop their people
Great place to work!!
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 31, 2018
I have been employed with Montefiore Medical center for 18 years, it is a wonderful Medical center that treats its staff with professionalism and I am glad to be a part of their team.
Pros
holistic classes, training
Calm work setting
Medical Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 31, 2018
My experience at Montefiore has been a good one. The culture is very laid back, however work gets done. Our teams are like family and we build a tight knitted network among departments to achieve a common goal.
Like any other work place
Senior Clerk/Department of Surgery (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 29, 2018
Depending on the department it’s a great hospital to work for. The benefits are great the pay can be better but not bad. Opportunity for growth. Make sure to know your rights as a 1199 member because management will not advise you of them. The hospital charges employees for parking.
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay
Cons
Director
Hospital outpatient billing department.
Ambulatory Care Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2018
A typical day was very busy with high volume billing from ambulatory billing department. Coworkers were pleasant. Created a sunshine club that collected weekly money for coffee and celebrations such as birthdays. The hardest part back then was not having an actual computer access. CRT was the machine used.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Employees smoked at their desks.
great place to work
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10705August 28, 2018
Nice place to work.

typical day at work:
construct reports based on criteria from department directors, engage in meetings related to verifying profit and loss statements
building relationships to rectify any inconsistencies
Pros
calm work environment
Cons
advancement opportunities
In general the hospital is great to work for.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2018
The "one your own"mentality needs fixing. As well as the "mean girl" attitudes.
There is a bit of back stabbing and a general "it doesn't effect me:"attitude.
Cons
Mean girl mentality from upper staff
safe.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 27, 2018
Working for Montefiore has its ups and downs as any employer. A Typical day as an outpatient LPN is a combination of vitalizing patients, a lot of communication with staff and doctors, patience, and lots of walking! I have learned a vast amount of clinical skills in multiple specialties. As a teaching hospital, you will be doing a lot of continuous learning everyday! Management, however for the most part lacks severely. Though some managers are both educated and polite, many of them lack management skills and people etiquette as it relates to communication. The overall culture of Montefiore is extremely urban. The hardest part of the job can be working within a predominantly urban culture. However, the most enjoyable part is my patients. I love helping people and soothing them as best I can. They make it all worth it.
Most interesting job I've had!
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
I worked here many years ago so I'm sure that many things have changed. My job entailed being in the operating room while procedures on the heart were being performed. I took measurements which I later used to write articles for medical journals.
Pros
Fascinating work.
Cons
None.
Friendly atmosphere, great teamwork
LPN (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 25, 2018
This was my first nursing job, and it was in a correctional facility. I was nervous at first, but the staff was very friendly, and supportive. The environment was controlled, so there plenty of down time.
Pros
Plenty of down time
Cons
Locked in environment
Productive and team centered
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2018
Great place to work. Concern for patient safety. Always looking for ways to improve that. Staffing is not always acceptable. Management finds ways to improve patient satisfaction
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Staffing
My Opinion of Medicaid Service Coordination
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2018
Working and interacting with families was the best part of the job. When a family would call with a problem and being able to assist them was very rewarding. My supervisor and directors were extremely supportive and attentive to day to day issues. The toughest part of the job was the ever changing policies of Medicaid and governmental adjustments which caused cuts to families in need.
Pros
Great work environment
Growth
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 23, 2018
The opportunity has been very beneficial thus far, but it is now time for me to move forward both personally and professionally.
I have been here over a decade and have seen many changes, the time has come for me to move on as I feel that there is much more for me to learn elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montefiore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss