Montefiore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,011 reviews matching the search See all 1,015 reviews
nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mt VernotJuly 19, 2018
Nice work environment, Team work is well encouraged, Patient satisfaction is never compromised. Patient care is a priority I rely enjoyed working at this facility.
Challenging population to work with regarding patient mix
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 18, 2018
I worked with a a population of uninsured, undocumented, inadequate support systems for post hospital discharge plan.
I covered two hospital divisions with different cultures.
experience
Medical audit analyst (Former Employee) –  111 east 210 streetJuly 18, 2018
I have worked here for 10 year very friendly and the union job are also great place and opportunities to continue education program and great customer services.
Productive and busy environment.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJuly 17, 2018
I believe that I am skilled in the ability to work with co-workers while also providing assistance to Managers and Supervisors. Due to the multiple associates employed in our department there is a great need to be able to communicate efficiently and respect fully to all associates.
Pros
Free Meal and Free parking everyday worked.
Cons
Great Health Care Coverage
Satisfactory
Senior Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
I found my time in Montefiore to be extremely enlightening. I've learned how to interact with different types of personalities and environments. The hospital has helped improved my ability to work under stress and learn to work as a group.
Good pay/bad culture
Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 11, 2018
It is very hard to advanced within Montefiore unless you know the right people even if you are qualified for the position. The compensation and benefits are good but that's about it.
I found it learnibng new things
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 10, 2018
I didnt stay long but the time I did spent I like it and the people I work with were very nice and helpful but it was kind of fast pace and typing which I really dont like do as much
Pros
Have benefits and reasonable hours
Cons
I find nothing wrong
Migration Project
Consultant Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 10, 2018
It was a migration project from windows xp to windows 7, the project did not last even 2 months, i was only able to work 36 hours one week out of the 2 months
Pros
Cons
you need a car to drive to all Montefiore offices and they dont pay for milages
When the moral of the office is poor it makes you miserable
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 10, 2018
A typical day consists of poor management. I learned to work the systems provided to me. Hardest part of the job is trying to get through the day without being scolded. The most enjoyable part is having co-workers who care.
Cons
poor management
Needs Improvement
Administrative (Current Employee) –  BronxJuly 9, 2018
While Montefiore is a good place to work, it would be better if management would actually take the time to listen to their staff and stop making certain members feel like they aren't part of a team, when they are. Many get overlooked and ignored and there is no effort made to listen to or check in with staff. Work-life balance only seems to apply to upper management and there is no communication from certain leaders of various departments. There is also an unfair unwritten rule when trying to transfer to a promotional position. Unfortunately, some leaders feel it's ok to block individuals from moving up because they will step on the toes of others. Nepotism does exist and it's unfortunate.
Great growing organization
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2018
Growing organization, Montefiore Medical Center is growing everyday they have multiple locations throughout the bronx and are expanding throughout westchester.
The environment is definitely one of the best places to be
Environmental service (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2018
Montefiore Medical Center is definitely a great place to work and is flexible with hours especially if you're going to school. Tuition reimbursement is awesome.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Hard place to get hired
Fast paced. Great place to work
Critical Care Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 4, 2018
Fast paced environment. The critical care nurses are respected and given autonomy. Excellent place to advance your career. Excellent pay. Strong union
Pros
Benefits, and excellent salary
decent job
Patient Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 2, 2018
estorixHealth and its employees are dedicated to the care of patients with chronic, non-healing wounds. Our company has a proven track record of healing wounds – even those that have not responded to other therapies. RestorixHealth’s delivery of the best-in-class comprehensive wound healing management leads the industry with clinical excellence, superior patient outcomes and value based partnerships
Pros
diverse population
Cons
management can be confusing
Staff is great. Management is good. BENEFITS ARE AWESOME
LPN- Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2018
Great Place to work. Promotes and drives education for staff!! Constantly hires new staff and promotes retention with awards and recognition. People are great to work with
Pleasant place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2018
Pleasant place to work. Staff is friendly. Environment is quick paced. Occasional short staff but support is provided. Many locations around Bronx and Westchester. Many job opportunities available
Unpaid
Pre-doctoral Psychology Practicum (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
Unpaid internships, no benefits. excellent management, count with administrative support, excessive monitoring/control by supervisors. Learned evidence based therapies for children and adolescents. Learned standarized testing measures.
Diverse and cultured workplace environment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 28, 2018
The company as a whole is very diverse and cultured. However I have learned that it is about who you know instead of the skills and experience you bring to the table that would get you ahead within this company.
Pros
Co-workers make a great team
Cons
Not too many advancement opportunities
Hardworking colleagues
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2018
I worked with physicians and staff at the hospital, and it was evident that they worked very hard on behalf of their patients, particularly in the underserved area that they are in.
Love-Hate Relationship
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 21, 2018
Like any job I have a love-hate relationship with my current job. Its a good place to work. It has good work-life balance. Workplace culture is not bad- but this will differ from place to place because Montefiore is a GIANT. Its a behemoth of an organization. Also because it is huge, some people may find themselves left out or ignored (for lack of a better word). Management needs improvement. They need to think of better ways to promote capable staff. The organization is known for its nepotism and it is true!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montefiore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Montefiore Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably