MONTEREY MUSHROOMS, INC. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Worst place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXAugust 9, 2018
Managers and supervisors have a lot of favoritism. They don’t care about the truckers. You work so many hours and are almost never home, even for locals. Not good place at all.
Good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJuly 23, 2018
Good work environment but pay grade isn't as good. They have a cafeteria and cook food for breakfast amd lunch for a cheap price. You get two breaks and a 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
Its work
Cons
Sometimes to stressful
Worst place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 2, 2018
Employees get treated like animals and if you stand up for your self you get targeted and will have a horrible work experience, you get over worked for a little amount of money, HR doesn't help you at all and union is a waste of money
Pros
Cons
Short break, long work hours
Best Summer intern program
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILJune 28, 2018
I was one of the summer interns when they first started this program at the Princeton Facility. I did a little bit of everything from filing to a receptionist. The management at the time was great. From the HR manager to the Packing manager. They taught me so much and I find myself looking back at the potential they seen in me and often wonder if other interns took this job as serious as myself. If you are eager to learn management does a very well job at coaching/mentoring.
Pros
Management, Flexible schedule
Cons
pay could have been better
Unorganized transportation department
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 22, 2018
Trucks old and unsafe. Raised pay but never saw a thousand dollars a week after taxes. I know people working in warehouses making 1100 a week! I made 850
Pros
Pick your own route
Cons
The yard, trucks, pay, home time.
Very fast paced
Fork lift operator (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 9, 2018
Fast paced and able to move up ..started on line and they trained me for forklift driver.. Very hard working team members.. shift leaders are great and always willing to help
Pros
Co workers fast pace
Smell
Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILMay 27, 2018
I was a driver there, was horrible at first. After 6 months or so I was able to negotiate my route, there for my pay as well. Turned out to be a great place to work for, ultimately I moved and was too far away to transfer to another location.
Pros
Pay and benefits were good and cheap
Cons
Home for a day and a half per week
Awful place to work
Many (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILApril 28, 2018
Awful place to work especially if you want what you put in. Or if you don't want to be degrading or disrespected. Supervisors treat you like crud. they don't put all your hours in and lie when confronted and there's nothing you can do about it unless you take pictures of the time when you clock in and clock out. Honestly the worst place I've been to.
Pros
Free gloves
Cons
Poor management
ok place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  LoudFebruary 11, 2018
very fast paced but takes forever to get going clock in by 5 but don't start till 7 or 8 management just wasn't there on the shift i worked.
there is no advancement's in company and takes forever to get trained
Not worth it
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLFebruary 3, 2018
The plant i worked at was horrible! Discrimination was unreal . Sounds like the plants in other states are good judging by their reviews but not the florida plant!
Pros
3 days off in a row
Cons
Hours/discrimination
My Review
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXNovember 4, 2017
I worked at the packing department. The job environment was fairly good and the work was steady. I found the management to be fairly responsive to my needs
Family owned, great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXOctober 17, 2017
Monterey Mushrooms is a great place to work. The company is family owned, and that drives the positive work environment. If you are willing to work hard and put in the time and effort required, there are great opportunities for career advancement here. I recommend this company to anyone who is not afraid to work hard, get along with others, and drive team results.
"We don't just grow mushrooms, we grow people!"
Corporate HR (Current Employee) –  Watsonville, CAOctober 9, 2017
I appreciate the work-life balance and the focus on the individual. Monterey Musrooms makes the decisions taking into account the impact the decision(s) will have on the individual, focusing on doing the right thing and balancing the needs of the business with the needs of the individual.
Pros
Supportive management team.
Cons
The retirement plan could use enhancements.
Productive and fun workplace with great benefits.
Night Sanitation (Current Employee) –  5816 Highway 75 South Madisonville, TX 77864December 28, 2016
Exceptional growth potential. Great benefits. Great work environment. Safety orientated company. Competitive wages. Great incentive plan. Overtime encouraged.
Pros
Low cost benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MONTEREY MUSHROOMS, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

MONTEREY MUSHROOMS, INC. Reviews by Location