Monterrey Security

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Good management

Worked at UIC. Left due to no raises. Good management and guards. Overtime always available. I worked third shift for a year and a half for them. If you are an outside guard, weather may be a problem especially in the winter months.

Pros

Can be on phone during job

Cons

Not a lot of places to use bathroom, no call offs unless it’s an emergency, weather

Place to learn basics

Learn basics to event security. No onsite training or assistance. The favoritism is rampant . Coworkers are toxic including management, the amount of unnecessary drama and defemation of character is unprofessional. Coworkers leave post randomly, no real breaks even if you work 12 hours plus. Pay is not that great depending on what your qualifications are.

Pros

Pay, listen to concert

Cons

Everything else

Do not take this job!

The only good part about the job is the co-workers. Management doesn’t truly care about you. I had COVID and not even one dime they gave me nor one call to see how I am. I almost got fired for being out for COVID. They don’t take the time to hear the employees out and that’s why they have a high turnover rate where many guards leave. No communication with the upper management so don’t even try to contact any of them because they won’t answer or they won’t help you out. Calling off is the worst thing you can do even if you get in an accident they write you up for not giving time in advance . TIME iN ADVANCE! HR is a joke. You have any issues and they don’t answer or try to help. Only good people there are the co-workers cause they deal with the same scenario you do. So unless you super desperate for a job, don’t care about no time off, no benefits, no raises (and if they do it’s only a quarter), and no true help from the management PLEASE DONT APPLY. it’s not worth it. There is other security jobs that pay more and are more caring for their workers.

Pros

Co-Workers

Cons

Upper Management

Good workplace

Working at Monterrey was a great experience. Working security was fun at times and very smooth job to work at. Everything is pretty straightforward and not very hard to do.

Good place to work.

I would definitely go back to this company. Easy communication, great managers and pverall leadership. There are also opportunities to advance as well. I only left because I had personal issues that required am extended time away from work.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

They have good job sites

The good is you get to work sporting events, concerts and you meet different people from different places. The bad is the upper authority does not respect their employees.

Pros

U get a free lunch when you work certain events

Cons

15 min break but it takes you 5 minutes to get to the break room

Worst place to work…

I was a former security officer. This company treats their employees like garbage. People on top are not talkative/or approachable. Employees are peasants to them. People have families to take care and sometimes emergencies happen where you have to take care of your kid/family… you don’t always need to take them to the Hospital but they hold that against you or don’t believe you. They retaliate by taking you from a site or take hours away all because you had to take care of family and wasn’t available to work. We are not asking for a handout, we work the hours. If you are looking for a job consider other security companies. A company that will treat you like a human being and will give you benefits. Stay away from Monterrey!!!!!!

Pros

Fellow officers

Cons

No benefits

Very chill for full time as you can be on your phone and they give you a car to drive around in

One of the easiest jobs you can get. As long as you do not fall asleep you can be on your phone as well. Hardest part of the job is when there is trouble and you have to handle it while phoning UIC police and have them come to you and handle the situation.

Pros

Be on the phone the whole shift

Cons

Have to travel a distance with a vehicle to use the bathroom

Not bad.

No benefits. Biweekly pay. If You need to transition into the workforce, they will give You hours if you show up on time and don't slack off. Students are rarely too difficult and if so, call ND PD.

Pros

Campus is pretty.

Cons

Not for smoke breaks.

Great Way To Show People Who They Are Getting Involved With

A Great Experience One That Ill Never Quit Outstanding Job Especially If You Just Need Fast Money Or A Job That Works With Any Schedule You Please. You Just Have To Stay Committed Dedicated And Focused.

Pros

Free Meals Occasionally, Breaks, Positive Work Environment

Cons

Fans Occasionally

If I could leave no stars, I would. That company had no communication with you whatsoever and some of the supervisors are just corrupt and management doesn't seem to care.

Zero stars, Super Ghetto, would not recommend

Just no. From management to the nasty hot dogs they give for lunch it's not even worth it. Go somewhere else and get the right experience. You go here and need to get retrained on what it means to work in a stable environment when you leave, and you will leave.

Cons

All of them

The pay didnt match the work load

your working in all types of weather conditions, which can be a con for some but it was okay for me. your working with the public and they are angry at the site of you. the manager was fair, but the supervisors were very juvenile. there is room for growth. the pay was very low. I enjoyed the freedom of not being micro-managed.

Pros

holiday parties

Cons

pay, goofy supervisors

Very unprofessional. Also have to stand on your feet for long amount of times with a short break.

We have to be at our location hours before for some events start just standing on our feet, instead of getting there a little closer to the start time. We only get one 15 minute break after standing on our feet for sometimes more than 5-6 hours. Some events also get changed at the last minute when you have already knew your set time to come to an event.

Pros

Certain events pay more and you can pick your own schedule

Cons

Unprofessional, Only one 15minute break, not guaranteed work.

huge company that hired everyone

this was my first job when i turned sixteen and it was precarious. the job itself was almost contract based with no clear schedule, but for students it’s guaranteed weekends. only one fifteen minute break for 8-10 hours with a single hot dog and a water bottle provided. you’d usually be outside, even in freezing chicago temperatures. concerts had you there until about 10pm-1am. sports events would have you out from 9pm-10pm.

Pros

contract based, easy to move up

Cons

inadequate breaks, bad job environment, strict managers

Terrible company.

They treat there staff like dirt. They leave people at their post with no opportunity for hydration or a restroom. I have passed out on the job before. And one of their supervisors crashed a go cart and injured me and I reported and was fired the following week. I received no compensation for my injuries.

Pros

Nice entry job

Cons

Terrible company

Very active

Work at Monterrey Security was a very fun job. A lot of concerts, football games, and etc. Only one thing I didn’t really like about Monterrey was the Manager. He really act like he didn’t care about us. He would have us outside for hours with no washroom breaks or water breaks especially when it was very hot outside.

Pros

Watch the concert for free

Cons

No breaks

The freelance schedule and opportunity offers.

This company offers copious opportunities to work enjoyable events. I am thankful to have the experience I’ve gain with Monterrey Security. Looking forward to the next assignment.

Long hours with short pay

Upper management can't be trusted will say one thing and do another. Middle management generally cares more about the employees because their in the trenches with them on event day.

Productive workplace where employees were apart of a loving community.

A typical day included using customer service skills and greeting everyone with hospitality. I would be given a section to preserve and make sure people were in the right places.

Overall Experience

This was my very first job and to be honest it is a very amazing first job for high schoolers. It is very flexible since the person that picks the schedule is yourself! The downside of this job though, is that you will be standing for long periods of hours and there is only a 15 minute break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monterrey Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Monterrey Security with