Montgomery County, MD

Montgomery County, MD Employee Reviews

United States155 reviews

good cafeteria

A relaxing ,happy, hard working day.Every day I learned something new in the trade I do and try to get better every day.I worked closely with management so we have a productive day.You have to respect and be a good example for them to fallow.If the necessary materials for the job is not available that makes it a little tough.The most enjoyable part of the job is when I fix the problem and every one is happy.

Pros

benfits, vacation

Cons

no health care

I appreciate my time working here

Many job opportunities in this county. Great environment, family friendly, exceptional staff, busy and fast pace. Opportunity to work independently.

Montgomery County, MD insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks

Great job... Opportunities towards advancement are plentiful.

Great municipality to work for. Community focused... inclusive... diverse... and technology oriented. Ideal place to start and sustain a career. Compensation package and health benefits are amongst the top three municipalities regionally.

Pros

Compensation package...retirement system..pay rate

Cons

Pay raises tied directly to regional economic forecast i.e. property taxes

Good Retirement. Job Security

Well, in the Mass Transit ⅗¹ we ebusiness the personel comes from within the employees so,as a way to move up it is a goodemulator for your self esteem.Safety at all times before anything else and a good attendance. Zero drugs and alcohol. Goo

Pros

Free Uniformes & Shoes

Cons

Gossiping

Professional growth

Great benefits, excellent co-workers, flexible work schedules. Many opportunities to transfer to new departments and gain new experiences. Focus on employee wellness and balance of work and managing stress. Supportive management.

Pros

Health benefits, compensation

Cons

High caseloads

The government work ethic stereotype is true

Was a great place to work while children are young. Plenty of time off for family and the pay structure was great. Mentally I just couldn't not take it and left once my child was finishing HS. Previous manager, as with many their, got the position because they had put time in and were "next" for the role. They advertise they require certain credentials but that is glazed over with by who you know or how much time you have in. Mentally it is easy work. Don't expect to be challenged and if you try to work outside your specific role to grow expect to have your wings clipped quickly.

Pros

pay and time off

Cons

zero mental challenge and inept management.

Montgomery County is an excellent County for their residents. I am proud to travel over 100 miles daily for work there.

I love my job and go over and beyond for them. I always accept overtime, I am a team player. Although I do see a lot of things that are not right there. But I am not a trouble maker. Before I relocate to Montgomery County I will see if I can find employment closer to my home. That may be hard due to matching my salary and benefits.

Pros

compensation

Cons

lack of strong management

Great benefits and work conditions! Easy hiring process and very clear with requirements. Provided clear information on requirements and providing accommodations to help the hiring process go smoothly.

Convenient place to work.

For the most part, management allow employees to work independently. Very quiet palace to work. Coworkers normally get along fine. The general area of the office is really convenient. Easy access to public transportation.

Life changing

Contact me and I’ll tell you more! I love my position and my coworkers. I am constantly challenged and things change paces day to day! I am never bored and there is always something to do!

I gained experience working on many new tasks

I was given the responsibility to work with customers, create flyers, collect data, organize special events. All of these tasks helped me improve various skills.

Stressful

This is a stressful job with minimal support. In this job you work with the high risk of children facing physical abuse and neglect. You must work long hours in order to get your job done.

It is difficult to advance after many years with experience and education, After each interview, I received qualified after review and that is the end

A decent place to work with good benefits

The Commossion is a great place to work. It has excellent benefits which is reflected in the long term employment of most of the staff with 5, 10, 15 and 20+ years of service.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Work culture can be a bit dated or old fashioned

Wells Fargo

since i start working for wells Fargo i learned a lot. my customer service skills improved and i learned how to get connected to people properly. I truly appreciate this company for giving me opportunity to improve my communication skills.

was not fun,

this office was not fun, I had problem getting paid, I of to keep on complaining to the personal to get paid, it took me a month to get paid , this is not good,

Pros

no, not free lunch

Cons

no, we get long breaks

great place to work

opportunities, good benefits, great people! Best to have a "calling" for public service -- pretenders will not be happy. I am now going to type some words to meet the arbitrary and silly quota. The essence of good communication is brevity, so this is rather an odd action to me.

OHR Benefits Team

The organization is great stepping stone but not the best for growth. It needs to learn that moving up in the organization is not the only way people can grow. A change in responsibility or role can be just as refreshing and motivating. I would like to work for an organization that encourages continuous growth and learning. Promoting the growth of your employees, both the best employee and the employees who are not so good is critical to your organization's success—no matter the circumstances and ability of your hires.Don't take advantage of your hard worker. It's so tempting to just keep piling the work on Jewel because you know she'll do it and do it well. As a result, though, Jewel ends up with no time to learn new skills and improve her relationships outside of work.

Pros

Great Benefits, love my colleagues & have an awesome Wellness LiveWell program

Cons

Needs demonstrate and reward the growth mindset. Unfortunately, even good jobs can be dead-end jobs—or positions with little to no room for advancement.

Its a living

Standard police department with police department issues. Management is largely hit or miss with promotion controlled by a multiple choice test. On the whole line supervisors or good but can get political beyond that point. Large department with high mobility. Great benefits but is starting to lag behind its local competitors. Single officer fleet and take home vehicles. Dry cleaning and all equipment provided and paid academy with follow up field training.

Pros

Decent pay and benifits. 4 ten hour day work weeks with permanent shifts.

Cons

Political management.

No more comments

Sitting on driver seat and represent the owner is a big responsibility but gives me the power to run my project according to the rules govern the county

Pros

N/a

Cons

Good health care in additional too many time off

Giant Foods

Working for Giant Foods was great. We the employees became family, I found it to fun and pretty good. There were some times that wasn't (not many). A family job.

Common questions about Montgomery County, MD

Answered by current and former employees at Montgomery County, MD

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery County, MD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight